Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 19:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Thanks! I'm really enjoying Curves and recommending to anyone that will listen.

Surprisingly, there actually was a bit of cleavage. It fastens in the front with a slew of hooks... lemme go count 'em...11 hooks. There are cups for each breast, not just a big "community area". When The Girls are stabalized they tend to get mooshed back toward the armpits a bit, but that may just be my 45-year old, big saggy 42DDD's. The straps are not adjustable, but the fit is great. Lots of back support, a bit snug in the band, but that's documented as part of the fit.

And it comes in a wonderful purple!

These folks get 4-stars from me. www.enell.com

Last edited by AzureMoon : Wed, Sep-17-03 at 19:39.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 20:13

BF:

Wowsers...lost another pound over night - 27 gone. Something is working right!

Working hard at Curves. Trying to keep calories around 1800 (basal metabolism) and fat comprising as close to 80% of the calories as I can. Sometimes I fall a bit short but I'm trying.

I feel so good about exercising. This really is a new me with a new way of living and eating.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 05:23

BF:

Hmmm, lost an entry somewhere -- and didn't have time to post yesterday.

Cross my heart, I've been to Curves and worked out twice this week.

And it feels so good.

Especially since I've quit doing the knee bends and the leg pushes. Those were killin' my knees. I've already got bone spurs under the knee cap (think ceiling of a cave) and those execises were just aggravating the situation. Instead of those machines I'm doing leg lifts. At the leg press station, I'll do side lifts (10 each side) and then back lifts (5 each side) -- just have to watch were my long legs are going and not kick anyone or anything. Then at the knee bend station, I'll do back lifts (10 each side) and then side lifts (5 each side). After three circuits that works out to 45 of each type, on each side.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 08:10

BF:

I know, I know... two entries in one day. The first was for yesterday and the day before (which seems to have been lost). Just returned from a morning workout at Curves, so this entry is for today. Confused yet? Yeah, me, too!

Workout felt good. My butt fits on the seats better and I seem to workout with a bit more enthusiasm than before. Woohoo! Carol's gettin' wit' da program.

Got a compliment yesterday... was told my butt's getting smaller. I know that but it is nice to hear it from friends.

Last edited by AzureMoon : Sat, Sep-27-03 at 08:12.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 18:06

BF:

Was sleepy when I got home from work yesterday so I skipped Curves then, but made up for it by going today. Felt good and passed quickly. Still feeling the internal furnace burning even though I took a shower when I came home. Go, metabolism, go!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 16:44

BF:

Headed out for Curves as soon as I got home and changed. I must be getting stronger because I find myself working harder, consciencously putting in more effort. Only problem with that is it kicks my heart rate over the 70% target range and I have to cut back.

This month is going to be special. October is my favorite month so it is always special. But it is extra special since this will be my first full month working out. When I joined in August, a week had already passed and then we went to Alaska at the end of the month. Was in Alaska the first week of September and in Dover in the middle of the month... but I think I got all my workouts in early in that week and late in the next. Regardless, I'm not traveling this month so I should be able to get in a full month.

Now, it's time to take my sweaty things to the showers!

Last edited by AzureMoon : Wed, Oct-01-03 at 16:47.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 17:12

BF:

The gal that measured me when I started Curves won't be there next Monday, the day the would be my measure day. So, I went ahead and had her measure me tonight. I've lost 9.5 inches since August 27!!! Wheeeeee!

All told, I've lost 12 inches since starting Curves on August 6. It's so nice to see results.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 18:30

Plan: Atkins'
Stats: 165/120/110 Female 4'9"
BF:40/26.3/23
Progress: 82%

Way to go girl! You sound like you are having a blast too! 30 pounds gone, that is a great success! keep up the great work! I have my own little gym here at home but I'm thinking of joining curbs as well because they have other machines there too. Just don't have access to them like I do at home. I usually do my work out around 7 or 7:30p.m. and they are closed by then.
But good for you! You ought to be proud.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 13:04

BF:

Should have added this yesterday. Went to Curves and did my workout, as usual. Seemed a bit harder, perhaps it was too long between workouts? Last one was previous Thursday. So...four days without exercise-- makes one weak. LOL *snort* So much for my lame humor.

Memo to self: Try to workout every other day... or at least every two days. Don't let previous efforts go for naught.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 05:21

BF:

I've got a serious case of lag when it comes to gym logs these days. Worked out yesterday at Curves. Time sure goes faster when you have folks to chat with.

Awoke this morning at 3:15am and couldn't get back to sleep. Got up, piddled around the house a bit. Sat down and worked on some stitching while listening to a movie with the headphones on. DH came in the room a bit later. He, too, was up early and had already showered.

My back, kidney area actually, was aching so I took some Advil and then a walk around the block. Wahoo. There's my morning exercise. LOL
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 07:41

BF:

Per my norm these days, I worked out yesterday and posted it today.

It's cool and damp today, but the bird have been singing in the yard. Strange, but one seems to think of singing birds in the spring not the fall. I'll take 'em whenever. Rather peaceful and nice since there isn't much else in the way of noise now in the neighborhood.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 18:11

Stats: 250/235/145 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 14%

Well I checked out your gym journal and to my surprise, you do Curves too. I have been going since before this WOL but doing both has really stepped up some progress. I have lost 8.5 inches since starting Atkins and Curves together.

I love it when other people go there to because its so great!

Best Wishes- Tashi

My birthday is March 25th, too.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 19:24

BF:

I wasn't planning on going to Curves today, I was thinking along the lines of Tues/Thurs/Sat again. But, I was a bit cranky and tired on the way home from work and thought it might brighten me a bit. After a trip to Curves, sho' nuff, that did the trick! My attitude is much brighter and I feel more invigorated than if I'd just stayed home and collapsed in my comfy chair.

Ahh, the power of exercise.

Last edited by AzureMoon : Mon, Oct-13-03 at 19:26.
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 18:23

BF:

Did my Curves workout tonight. Did three circuts and would have done more except it was late and they were ready to close. Chatted with the attendant the whole time and the workout just flew by!

Noticed the pounds lost counter at the top of the home page is 482,000+. It would be so cool to lose the 500,000th pound. Just a thought...
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 08:17

BF:

This morning I hauled myself outta bed and got dressed to go workout. Some how, I managed to find little things to do to prolong leaving. Really didn't feel like going to workout this morning. Finally ran out of excuses and went. Did my workout and came on home. DH, who was amused at my procrastination leaving, greeted my return with, "Ah! Didn't kill you, huh?" Grrr.

But he's right, I just needed to get my butt in gear and then it wasn't so bad.