Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 22:58
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I laxed a couple days. No workout yesterday and a quick 15 minute walk today plus 1 hour of housecleaning for what it's worth.

Also had my first doctor appointment today and she told me it's fine to continue weight lifting at about half the intensity I was pre-preggers. She even gave me some exercises for my tummy and back muscles that I can do standing up! Said it's very good to have a strong center for easier labor. Woohoo. Will post them tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 11:44
This is the year

BF:
Talking

This may be a bit indiscreet but my dh was gone out of town for a whole week and got back yesterday. It was soon followed by an hour long vigorous "workout", followed by a snooze, and more "working out". Now Fitday says it's only 35 cals burned per hour, but I'm inclined to believe it's more!
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 17:07
This is the year

BF:
Thumbs up The weekend

I have to admit that I was majorly disappointed with last week. I went to the gym once, and didn't do a true workout the rest of the week! Yesterday we went bowling for an hour and a half and I woke up this morning with a sore right bicep! Argh! So I am resolved to go at least 3 times this week to the gym. I won't be able to MW, so I will go T,TH, and Sat, and already have my plan written out. That seems to be the best way for me since if I write it down, it's on the back of my mind to accomplish. Today I also did a 30 minute walk around our community park.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 10:08
This is the year

BF:

Have not been able to get on here for a while. I did 30 minute walk yesterday even though I didn't get home till 9 pm! I had to. WE went to Outback and I ate way too much food. Slept very well too.
This afternoon I am going to the gym before picking up kids, and then major weeding after dinner.

30 min walking
30 min weights
1 hr? gardening
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 21:44
This is the year

BF:

I haven't hit the gym or done official walking since Thursday. We put our house up for sale, and since then I have been getting grimy cleaning the house from top to bottom. Yesterday, DH and I did walk to our community park for fireworks so that was about 20 minutes. Also did major squatting since I was weeding and trimming in the front yard. My hamstrings actually hurt today. The good thing is that most of the rough work is done and although there's some light housekeeping the rest of the week I will be able to go to the gym starting tomorrow.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 00:16

Stats: 229/229/180 Female 73"
BF:Mostly
Progress: 0%

Just out of curiousity, when are you due? My doctor said no working with weights after the seventh month, but that was over 24 years ago, so the thought on that has probably changed. We lived in Bavaria at the time, and they made me stop riding my bike because of the cobblestone streets in town.

It will be interesting to see how long you continue lifting.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 13:40
This is the year

BF:

Hi Fiona! I am due in January. I am 13 weeks along. Doc said I should be able to keep lifting as long as I am not straining, and I do exercises where I am sitting up or standing. She suggested that I not increase intensity or weight beyond what I was doing before finding out I was pregnant. She also told me that I can ride a stationary bike, walk, or swim, preferably not do aerobics class or contact sports.

Yesterday I did 20 minute walking and some basic tricep/bicep work with my free weights at home. No more than 20 lbs.

Today, I am going to go walking in the park for 30 minutes. My gym days are now going to be T,Th, Fr since I won't have to pick up kids from camp those days.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 10:59
This is the year

BF:

I have been able to do my walking every day. Haven't gotten to weights since we are still cleaning and prepping house for sale. Should be all done today! Thank goodnes!
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 12:51
This is the year

BF:

Lots of activity this weekend. Saturday did my walking, plus house work for an hour plus 40 minutes of Laser Tag. Have no idea how many calories that burnt but I was a tired child that evening. Sunday I did my walking and some light gardening. Today I have the day off and I may just be lumpy. We are supposed to go bowling tonight as part of my stepson's bday and I am sorely tempted to be lame and have that be my exercise for the day. I am trying to motivate myself into walking after lunch.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 13:14
This is the year

BF:

My "lumpiness" lasted 2 days. I did a little walking yesterday but it was 10 minutes and not brisk! Having tummy trouble may have had a lot to do with it. Today I feel much better and have tons of energy so I WILL be on that treadmill this evening!
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 10:39
This is the year

BF:

Between Thursday & Sunday we did some serious househunting (40 houses?). I got in a couple of good walks. Yesterday I did 1 1/2 hour walking in the mall. I didn't shop, I just went in and walked back and forth from one end to the other until I was tired. Then we went bowling last night. We are expecting to hear back about an offer we made tonight, so no houehunting planned. I am going to the gym instead - 1st time in over a week! Will be doing a warm up on treadmill for 15 minutes, then weights for arms and legs. When I get home, I am going to do my prenatal stretching workout which helps to strengthen the back and tummy. I will try to scan it in here tomorrow.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 09:25
This is the year

BF:

Our house offer was accepted so now in the next 5 weeks there will be a lot of activity with packing etc. According to Fitday, 2 hours of packing boxes is 300 cals! Not bad. That's my afternoon today, plus I will still go for a quick walk since it is much cooler outside.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 10:55
This is the year

BF:

I did 2 hrs packing yesterday. I most likely won't be posting here much until we have moved and settled in. It's a little crazy getting gym activity in, and last time I weight lifted, I felt rather dizzy after 2 sets, so it may be time to stop.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 12:22
This is the year

BF:

Weekend was really crazy but I did 2 hour walk (hiking) on Saturday and 45 minutes yesterday. Part of Sat was uphill too!

This whole week I plan to do a half hour walk at least, in the evenings.
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 09:33
This is the year

BF:

Week of 8/3 to 8/9:
Walked 3 days this week. Bowling one day. Next week, I am aiming to go walking 4 days.