Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 08:36

Plan: Currently on PSMF cycle
Stats: 198/157/150 Female 5'9"
BF:? No thank U !!
Progress: 85%

I like to try different flavours of decaf to mix it up a bit. I buy the fresh beans and grind up a pot at a time. Hazelnut creme is my fave with a tbsp or two of whipping cream and some liquid sugar twin. For dessert sometimes I like to add some whipped cream on top. The best investment I have made to low carb was buying a whipped cream dispenser so I can have it on anything at any time!!!
We even take that sucka camping so we can have it on our lc pancakes w/berry coulis WITH a "special" coffee!!! Hey, it's holidays, gotta make 'em special!! Sooooo spoiled......
Oh yeah...the french press is a "holidaying" necessity. Makes great coffee in the bush (just don't forget to grind the beans BEFORE you go!!)

Last edited by Delta Fox : Fri, Sep-05-03 at 08:39.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 09:07

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

Delta, what's a Whipped Cream Dispenser and where did you buy it?
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 09:33

It's an awesome little contraption that I picked up at London Drugs (they can be found anywhere, I'm sure) for about $45 cdn about 2 years ago. You put 2 cups whipping cream, a shot of vanilla and a blip of sweetner into the thing, screw on the top and then insert a co2 cartridge into the chamber. Then "sssssssstttttttt" , give that puppy a shake and your good to go!! The brand I bought is ISI and it has lasted this long and is still goin' strong!! I will never be without one!!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 09:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/155/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 39%

I miss London Drugs!!!! There are none in TO...just stupid, expensive Shoppers Drugmart.

But you can get a whip cream thinging at any cooking shop or department store.

g.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 09:37

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

Delta I will look for it! It does sound quite indispensible
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 10:10

They're great!! It even comes with two different decorative tips so when you put whipped cream on your sf cheesecake it looks so purdy!!
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 10:32

Stats: 156/135/128 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 75%

You asked about decaf being bad for you... There are two kinds of decaf. I read that is better to drink "water processed" decaf only.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 11:55

Stats: 238/234/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I drink lots of decaf coffee. About four mugs in the morning. I also started buying whole bean flavored decaf coffees. They have a great Irish Cream Almond flavor or a Hazelnut Creme. I usually add one pkt of Splenda per mug and a tbsp heavy cream. It is such a treat. I have not noticed any change in pounds lost. So I will keep on.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 12:29
Registered Member

Stats: 270/214/170 ? Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress:

I love hazelnut decaf in the morning with 1-2 tbsp heavy cream and Davinci dulce de leche (caramel) syrup. Probably the one thing I couldn't do without. I also switched to decaf everything and was surprised how easy it was, and how much better I slept!

One question, though. It dawned on me that flavored coffee might have hidden carbs from the flavoring they use on the beans. Does anyone have any knowledge about this one way or another, and whether coffee itself has any small amount of carbs? I don't see where Dr. Atkins mentions it anywhere. (I sure hope not!)

Thanks everyone for being a great support on this journey!
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 12:34
Registered Member

Stats: 215/173/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:40.4+/37.1/ ?
Progress: 65%
Smile Mocha low carb/decaf is my newest yumm!!

I've lost forty pounds on LC (and still losing steady but slower now) and I drink about two cups of decaf most days with heavy cream and Splenda. Last May I started adding Keto Low Carb hot cocoa mix to it and YUMM!!! I am filled up and satisfied for several hours! It makes getting out of bed in the morning exciting!
I buy the hot choc mix on greenbeanz.com site but you can probably find it on several low carb food ordering sites.
Check it out! (I take it camping, to Europe all summer, etc. and I feel so UNdeprived on this WOL!!
PS Try the Keto Banana Cream Pie drink mix... oh my gosh!!! It gets thick, I add a bit of cream and chill (Or mix with ice cubes, but then remove the cubes) and it is the best milkshake for summer!!! They have several other flavors too. Also the pink lemonade mix ... very concentrated and one bottle lasted me daily all summer... full of vitamins, potassium and no carbs... this was the best summer thanks to these treats (and being 40 pounds lighter!! I could get on onto a horse, into a kayak, fit into my sleeping bag loosely and on carnival ride seats with total ease this year!!! What a wonderful change and feeling!!)
Cheers, Laurie
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-04, 06:46
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 128/124/100 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 14%

I drink coffee, decaff or regular a few times a day and it has not slowed me down. I also use heavy or light cream, depending on where i get my coffee/what i have in my fridge. No problem for me. its great before bed for me too (decaf), to fill me up when i want something sweet (my problem is NIGHT EATING), so its how i do myself less harm at night when i want to just graze! haha.