Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-07, 23:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 267/221/150 Female 67 in
BF:
Progress: 39%

I've read a lot of Kimkins, but my biggest concern is that with calories that low , you will be using your own body for fuel :meaning muscle loss. The greatest thing about Atkins is that it is muscle sparing. A lot of people have a quick and large weight loss with Kimkins, but at a price.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-07, 06:36

Plan: Low Carb/Kimkins
Stats: 193/188/145 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I believe that if you are overweight you would more than likely get rid of the fat first.

Last edited by mpooh32 : Fri, Feb-09-07 at 07:25.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-07, 21:51

Plan: low carb
Stats: 156.4/156.4/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules555
I've read a lot of Kimkins, but my biggest concern is that with calories that low , you will be using your own body for fuel :meaning muscle loss. The greatest thing about Atkins is that it is muscle sparing. A lot of people have a quick and large weight loss with Kimkins, but at a price.

I tried Atkins and didn't lose doing it. This works for me and I have plenty of fat to go before I worry about muscle. The price for me: fat gone!!
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-07, 04:43

Plan: Low Carb/Kimkins
Stats: 193/188/145 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 10%

When I get to the point where I'm worried about muscle instead of fat, I have reached my goal! LOL
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-07, 08:34

Plan: Kimkins Bootcamp
Stats: 185/145.2/140 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

I've been doing K/E for 3 days now and so far, so good. I find that I am hungry in the late afternoon/ evening. I try to snack on hard-boiled eggs and chicken.

I am pretty close to my goal weight, so losing is not easy for me. I went away last weekend and binged and gained 6 pounds. Probably mostly water weight, but still it was weight. I have lost all of it since Monday!!! Now to go down in # from here.

It is fun to try new things!! Never know what may work. I like a good challenge. Sick as that sounds.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-07, 22:07
Registered Member

Stats: 277/234/187 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Those who haven't tried Kimkins or haven't seen her site sound a lot like people who denounce Atkins because "I heard it's meat and cheese and your kidneys fall out."

You can do Kimkins or Stillmans without joining her site. Those who do join get support and dialogue. That may or may not be for you. It's called a choice.

She's not a doctor, she doesn't have all the answers, but she's lost the weight, kept it off, and she's VERY well read on various health issues.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-07, 22:19

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
She needs to have 25 posts before the system will allow her to give or get PMs.

I'd like to have 25 posts before I get PMS too. Thank you!
Sorry, that just made me laugh!
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Feb-13-07, 06:21

BF:

Just checking in here to see how everybody is doing. I'm still chugging along enjoying the journey. I'm totally amazed that I absolutely love boiled eggs (still) and especially with nothing but mustard on them.... anyway, keep up all the good work and congratulations to all of you who've lost weight this week.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 10:28
Registered Member

Stats: 181/148/134 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%
Thumbs up Greeting Fellow Kimkiners!!!!!

I began Kimkins Feb 7/07. I weighed 158 and set a goal of 130. Today I weight 149..I've lost 9 lbs! Never before have I been able to lose this quickly and easily! I did pay the fee and am very happy I did. I am able to read about everyone with the same questions and concerns about doing K/E...regular Kimkins and even bootcamp(which Im doing now). I have done Atkins a couple times before and never got to my goal weight...plus I only would lose 2 lbs a week if I was lucky. In 8 days I'm down 9lbs.....who doesnt want to lose weight that quickly!
Give it a try ...you wont regret it!!!!!
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 18:41

Plan: Atkins/M&E
Stats: 165/127.1/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmndude
I began Kimkins Feb 7/07. I weighed 158 and set a goal of 130. Today I weight 149..I've lost 9 lbs! Never before have I been able to lose this quickly and easily! I did pay the fee and am very happy I did. I am able to read about everyone with the same questions and concerns about doing K/E...regular Kimkins and even bootcamp(which Im doing now). I have done Atkins a couple times before and never got to my goal weight...plus I only would lose 2 lbs a week if I was lucky. In 8 days I'm down 9lbs.....who doesnt want to lose weight that quickly!
Give it a try ...you wont regret it!!!!!

From one LCer to another, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 20:54

BF:

Milmndude... wowzer. Good for you. I would have lost better if I hadn't messed up 3 times this month. I'm actually up to 148 but refuse to change my ticker because I'm going to be back to 147.4 real soon. I just haven't wrapped my head around the fact that I can go off my plan and it take me a week to recover. You'd think I would have by now. I sure would like to join Kimmer's site but we don't use credit cards and I'm sure that's the only way one can join.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 07:59

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 155/145/115 Female 5 1'
BF:
Progress: 25%

I am also doing Kimkins although I really dont know all that much beside what little I have read on the website. Can anyone give me some further guidance and also what is the bootcamp. I would really like to try this. I have 2 months to lose this weight since I have a big event to attend on April 15. This even requires that we wear a bathing suit so I am quite anxious about it. Thanks much.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 08:12

Plan: Atkins/M&E
Stats: 165/127.1/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Slimin2007, when did you start? Why did you decide on Kimkins, like what were you doing before and why are you changing? And how's it going so far? Think someone said Bootcamp is Kimkins with exercise. Not sure. Or maybe the K/E with exercise?
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 09:08
Registered Member

Stats: 181/148/134 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%
Thumbs up Bootcamp

Here are the details of "bootcamp"
I must admit that i have been a little hungry the past 2 days but am sticking with it. I know I will have great results if I just follow the plan. Good luck everyone in whatever WOE plan you choose to follow!

Boot Camp 'Mess Hall"
Bare Bones Menu

B - Eggs 2-3, with either .5 cup cooked veggies or with 2 oz, ham/lean protein

L - Lean protein (4 oz), 2 cups mixed greens, Wishbone Spritzer dressing

D - Lean protein (4-6 oz), 2 cups mixed greens, Wishbone Spritzer dressing

2 cups of salad is 1 large handful.
If Wishbone Spritzer is not available, a small amount of other 'light' dressing may be used sparingly.
Diet drinks with zero or nearly zero carbs and calories are permitted.
Low-carb protein shakes (1-4 total carbs each) may be used as meal replacements.
Stallone-type low-carb protein 'puddings' (1-4 total carbs) may be used as meal replacements.
Sugar-free gelatin is allowed in moderation, no more than 1 cup per day.
Those who wish may skip the salads and vegetables. DO NOT add anything extra to make up for it.
Take vitamins.

The differences between Boot Camp vs. Kimkins or KE are protein limits and required daily cardio.
Calories are extremely low. (500'ish)
The menu is meant to be simple, boring, no-frills, and FAST.
The diet is not exciting, but the results are.
So, no fancy add-ins and variations to slow things down --- just the basics.
There are no further substitutions in Boot Camp, other than what is listed above. No additions.
Only the most motivated and dedicated people can stick with this.
This is for those willing and able to just get this done!

Boot Camp "PT"
Physical Training --- Cardio Exercise

Boot Camp requires 30 minutes of cardio-vascular physical exercise daily.
This is an extra requirement, not necessary in Kimkins or KE.
This is meant to be serious and strenuous to the best of your ability.
This is meant to break a sweat!
Whether brisk walking, dancing, biking, sports, exercise DVDs, gym workouts, etc., DO IT!
Those unable to do 30 minutes at once may break it into smaller (10 - 15 minutes) sessions.
Those who wish and are able may double the time to 60 minutes. (Again, broken sessions are OK.)
7 days of exercise yields best fastest results; 6 days is satisfactory; 5 days is the minimum.
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 10:28

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 155/145/115 Female 5 1'
BF:
Progress: 25%

Thank you so much for your reply milmndude I feel very encouraged to do this. My story is basically this.... I have done Atkins and I have lost weight about three times. But I keep putting it back on. I blame myself for this. This time around I have been starting and restarting Atkins every day and cant seem to get myself together. What works for me is a structured plan. If I know this is all I can eat then its what I am going to eat. I love diet soda made with splenda and I love my tea. Since Kimkims allows these and the weight loss is fast I really need to do this. Basically this is what I plan to do:

B - 2 eggs (boiled)
L - turkey neck (I love this very much)
D - lean meat (chicken/fish/turkey) and small salad

Drinks - tea (with splenda) and soda (with splenda)

Exercise - I go to the gym about 4 times a week and spend an hour doing about 1/2 hour on the stationary bike and 1/2 hour weights.

I love tea so I usually have about 3 cups a day which is about 6 packets of splenda.

Milmndude is this okay? Is splenda allowed on the bootcamp? I am aiming to lose about 30lbs in the next 2 months but I am happy with any loss right now.

Thanks for your help.
Closed Thread