Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 21:11

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%
Default Count me in!

Although I will have to weigh on Tuesdays when I go to the gym. I no longer own a home scale for obsessive/compulsive reasons. I think this is a good idea to be accountable to keep us on track. I was out of town most of last week and felt I ate pretty well considering we ate out a lot, but I'm still a little afraid to weigh Tuesday.

Jen
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 21:29

Plan: TSP
Stats: 125/123/110
BF:
Progress: 13%
Thumbs up

I'm in....I weigh in on Mondays or Tuesdays, depending on which day I get to the gym.

I went to a step class today so weighed in on Sunday. I'm down one pound after following TSP for 2 weeks (with a few poor eating decisions). I went from 124.8 to 123.4.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 03:59

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%

Monday weigh in and I am the same weight: 165.8. I am going to cut down on the fruit and nuts and see what happens! Measurements still the same.

Judy
  #19   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 06:12

Plan: IRD/SCHWARZBEIN
Stats: 159/157/129
BF:
Progress: 7%

Start TSP [05.07.03] :......159lbs
Last week [05.12.03] :... 155lbs
Today [05.19.03] :.......... 157lbs

I gained 2lbs, but I don't really care because I feel so much better. I may have lost inches but I didn't mesure so I can't really tell.

Since I am following a mixed of TSP and The Insulin-Resistant Diet, my carbs daily intake is higher than with strictly TSP (TISD allows 30g. carbs every two/three hours). But I guess it's a lot more carbs that my body need (I don't exercise). So my goal for this week is *trying* reducing my carbs intake.

Step by step...
  #20   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 11:03

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 168/168/155 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Today's weight is 168, down from 173 on May 5th. I finally got back with the program and I'm following TSPII with the low saturated fat version. I'm also doing weight training with my aerobic activity. This seems to work for me!!!!!!
Maureen
  #21   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 11:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%
Default Monday Weigh In

I did not gain or lose this week. I had a tough beginning in my week but did fine the rest of the week. It helped knowing I was going to have to post my lose or gain, because it helped me get back on track!

Good job all of you. Judy, glad to see you are doing BFL exercises too.

Piano
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 12:36

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 201/186/135
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Monday Morning Weigh In

I must say I am surprised but pleased to annouce I am down 2 more pounds this week...the best part is I am feeling so much better and I don't get the sugar jitters anymore...hope everyone has a good week.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 04:40

Plan: MINE
Stats: 143/112.4/119 Female 162cms (63+inches)
BF:35/?/20
Progress: 127%
I usually weigh on mondays for recording purposes. Well then and today I was/am 54kg (119 POUNDS).

#24   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 04:56

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

127 - up 0.25# (noise level)

My biggest problem is waking up in the middle of the night starving and binging on cashews or other nuts. I do eat a snack before I go to bed and have tried different foods for snacks and it doesn't seem to matter. I am still nursing my baby at night. Any suggestions?

Jen
  #25   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 16:16

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 150/149/135
BF:24%
Progress: 7%

Well, today was weigh in and I'm the same weight as last week. But I had a big cheat weekend (it was my 10 year wedding anniversary weekend) and was back up to starting weight, so I'm actually feeling good about being the same weight as last week. And the inches are down again! Yippee!

Carolyn
  #26   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 07:50

Plan: 40-30-30
Stats: 205.5/201.5/185 Female 5'5"
BF:48%/47%/20%
Progress: 20%
Default hmm. .. night time hunger

Quote:
Originally posted by caverjen
127 - up 0.25# (noise level)

My biggest problem is waking up in the middle of the night starving and binging on cashews or other nuts. I do eat a snack before I go to bed and have tried different foods for snacks and it doesn't seem to matter. I am still nursing my baby at night. Any suggestions?

Jen

hmm. . . I can't think of a specific reason for why this is happening, expect maybe you need more nutrients as a breast-feeding mother. have you tried increasing carbs by a few grams per meal? maybe if you bumped it up, say 5 grams per meal until you're through with breastfeeding, you can still lose weight and have enough to get you through the night.

how old is your baby, btw?
  #27   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 07:54

Plan: 40-30-30
Stats: 205.5/201.5/185 Female 5'5"
BF:48%/47%/20%
Progress: 20%
Unhappy Auugh! Major cheat week and regain

AAUGH! I gained back to 181, my starting weight!

I had a major cheat week, including 2 birthday parties to attend, visitors that came into town, etc. When the creme brulee and krispy creams were in front of me, I did not turn away.

And now I've gained back!

This shows me that I need to come up with methods for avoiding these foods. Perhaps leaving when the desert comes to the table, or sticking to a decaf coffee at that time will help.

Also, I've realized that I can not just have a "taste" of certain foods. The first "taste" will lead to many more!

For the positive, this shows me that following TSP really helps. I'm back on the Healing Plan this week.
  #28   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 09:03

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%

Hi! I started SPII on May 6, and today I am officially down 5 pounds!!! I also lost three inches on my waist! I feel great, and everyday notice I feel better than the day before. I actually did Atkins for four months, felt lousy, and gained two pounds. This is the plan for me! I have kept cheating to a minimum, and have consumed no diet sodas, Atkins bars or protein shakes. I think those were my downfall before.

Of course, I still worry that this is a fluke and that the weight will sneak back. That's not possible, right?

-Denisebeiner (a "beiner sister")
  #29   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 09:12

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%

It is a holiday on Monday and I weigh myself at work, so did it on Friday instead. I have lost 1.5lbs YAY!! 164.5, and bodyfat down to 28%. I've waited ages for a downward shift so I am really excited and it's given me a good boost to keep going.

Cutting nuts out - I was munching on them most of the day - and cutting out fruit for now, seems to have worked. Again, I was overdoing the strawberries and melon. So I have decided to have half an apple or pear with cottage cheese now and again but to stick to veggies mainly.

Day 1 of BFL on Monday. I was doing well with the exercises, Piano, but starting getting hectic at work and got persuaded into other commitments like dropping off at school (got a 16 year old who couldn't get out of bed in time in the mornings on two occasions and missed the bus!). But I have decided to get back onto it and try to stick with it as I felt good and it was working well.

Good luck to all.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 09:56
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 135/128/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:too much
Progress: 47%
Wink Count me in!

Piano, this is a great idea. I weigh every day, but will post my weight on Monday. Until then - Suzy Q