Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#271   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 18:09

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 170/155/130
BF:
Progress: 38%

I'm so close to the bikini stage... Only about 20 lbs till goal weight but I'm sure it can't be more than 10 before a bikini. I am pretty muscular so hopefully a lot of my weight is muscle (wishful thinking )!!! And that I can drop easily. I love to excersize, but have trouble making time for it but this summer I'll start doing 55 min cardivascular (treadmill) every morning except mondays when our local gym is closed. But then I'll just ride the bike around the neighborhood with my adorable little puppy. You all are doing fabulous, I'm so proud! Without you guys, this never would have been able to happen anyways. That's why I love you guys and this place so much..

This diet also makes me so much happier.... CAN'T YOU TELL ^^ ? My whole mood has changed, I'd never go back!
Sponsored Links
  #272   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 19:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158.5/154.0/122
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi,

I am new in this thread and I love the idea of the bikini quest. I am a little ways from a bikini though although when I weighed 115 lbs. I still thought I was too fat. I'll never be happy! Oh well! Anyways I would like to join all of you. Well talk to ya later.

Goal: July 4>135 lbs.
  #273   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 19:47

Stats: 158/146.4/138 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hi Kari, welcome to the forum!

I know we'll all achieve our bikini quest, some sooner than others, but that is what is so great, there are people at all different levels here and we all support eachother.

Jamian
  #274   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 11:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins started at 197lbs
Stats: 207/183/170
BF:BMI: 31.5/27.5/26
Progress: 65%

ACK!!!!! sorry i've been gone so long!!!! all this wedding planning is STRESSING ME OUT not to mention...COLD FEET!!!! BRRRRR!!!

sooooo dan gets here in a week from tuesday...his folks get here in 2 weeks, the wedding is in 3 weeks, and we leave for england in 4 weeks. EEK!!!!! i've been tearing around the house making lists upon lists of things we have to get done before the in-laws get here...

IT'S A LOT OF STUFF!!!

and i was cheating left and right and just being down and out and didn't want to bring all of you down 'n i felt guilty for cheating

buttttt i've been back on induction for the 3rd day today *even though i had a tiny piece of cake yesturday :/ * and am down to....

183!!!! WO0!!!!! goals not met even CLOSELY, but WHO CARES, i'm down to 183 yay!!!

welllll just wanted to update to prove i'm not deserting this forum!!!!

GREAT JOB EVERYBODY KEEP GOING!!!!!

-lex
  #275   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 17:33

Plan: Atkins' Low Carb~Induction
Stats: 212.5/204/155 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 15%

hey everyone! I need HELP!! I have gone off the diet majorly and i need help getting back on! Please!!!

Sara
  #276   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 17:44
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 132/131/106 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Cheers June Bride!!! congratulations on your wedding (!!!!!!!) and on day three of induction, in that order. I'm sure you're stressing, and even good stress is still stress. Sounds like you're focusing on positive thoughts and feelings, so keep it up and kudos to you!

Sarah Beth, dahling, come on back! Fell off, no biggie, just jump right back on. Chill out, drink a bunch of water today, and start up induction with a vengence tomorow. Good luck!
  #277   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 17:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-Induction
Stats: 193/173/170 Female 5'4
BF:33.1%/30.4%/24%
Progress: 87%

Sarabeth,
I've also COMPLETELY gone off the diet.. Mine was purposely and it's been about 5 days I guess. BUT, I'm really eager to get back into it, so I'm starting back up tomorrow. You should start back up with me! And I saw someone talking about doing a no cheat challenge for June which I plan to do. I went off the diet without really giving it a fair chance I guess.. I was blaming the diet when I wasn't losing instead of blaming myself for cheating But I'm really really determined now and I know I can do this, and SO CAN YOU! We ALL can! Good luck to everyone
  #278   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 23:31

Plan: mainly M&E
Stats: 150.5/144.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:Visible!
Progress: 24%

hey guys i need some help. Lately I have had a hard time finding things to eat. I have a busy schedule with school and work and i often have to grab something quick. Anyone have any suggestions of quick things?? Heres a few things I have been eating but im getting bored with them!!!!

Subway turkey salad - no dressing, just oil
Bologna and cheese roll ups
cheese slices
string cheese
sf jello (when I get the sweet craving)

I just often have to rush between classes and i get hungy and need soemthing already made and quick, know what I mean?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
  #279   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 17:08

BF:

hey, if you go to the atkins site, they have recipies that are really good! I just whipped up some cookies that are wonderful! I need to eat lunch first though. Well, I'll see yall later. bye!

Sara
  #280   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 18:14

is there a link on the site somewhere?? cookies sound soooooooo good right now!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #281   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 18:32

BF:

just go to atkinscenter.com and click on "food and recipies" enter the keyword cookies and there would be a list of different cookies that are there.! Ok, gtg bye

Sara
  #282   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 18:43

you are awesome!!!!! thank you dearly!!!!!!!
  #283   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 23:06

BF:

Sarabeth, and Wannabeski-

Glad you're back on now, that's all that matters. The past is behind, and what you have to look forward to is dropping pounds and having the best summer ever because you'll be the healthiest and lightest you've ever been. Just remember all the energy, great sleep, and great moods this WOL gives you. And you know you can eat double baccon cheeseburgers (sans bun of course) to get your summer bod, when others will be eating rice cakes HaHa, so get back on the wagon and have fun with it!

Jamian
  #284   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 23:07

BF:

EciGirl,
I also need portable snacks. I usaully bring a mini container with cream cheese and vegie slices. Would work with ranch dip too but I can't stand the stuff. I eat bell peppers, cellery, or broccoli this way.

Good luck

Jamian
  #285   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 23:09

BF:

You know what's good? Steamed broccoli with cheese....that is so good and it can be eaten with so many different things!