Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#271   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 17:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/249/195 Male 6ft
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Unlovely Handles

You know how you go to buy clothes and they have those mirrors in the aisles like pillars, well I did a double take and said to myself is that really me
and it was both times but that was not the last straw for me I cut my own hair mainly because I keep it bald who wants to pay 10$ for a 1 minute hair cut anyway back to the subject I was cutting my hair using two mirrors looking over my shoulder and notice to huge humps or love handles staring back at me daring me to do something about it so now this means war
Quote:
THE WILLINGNESS TO SUCCEED IS NOT NEARLY AS IMPORTANT AS THE WILLINGNESS TO PREPARE
Sponsored Links
  #272   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 15:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251/242/180 Male 6'0
BF:
Progress: 13%

Mine was living under the illusion that since Id been out of shape for two years and had never gone over 250 that I never would. Oops, come January 1, '06 and I weighed in at 251. I immediately threw away everything in my house with carbs and drove to the gym. A week and ahalf later and Im more dedicated than I was on Day one and going to the gym every day. Im really loving all your stories...its a major help as Im sure you all know!
  #273   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 21:57

Plan: WW
Stats: 155/151/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 16%

I was in Italy for the Christmas holidays and while visiting my uncle he said something that made me finally open my eyes ' how is it everytime I see you, your eating'...needless to say the minute I got back into Canada I threw away every 'junkie thing' I had in my house and jumped on my treadmill. It's been 2 weeks since I've been on SB and I'm feeling better than ever <--happy dance

Vanya
  #274   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 21:15
Registered Member

Plan: Whey Protein & Skim Milk
Stats: 240/150/160 Male 66 inches
BF:No Thanks!
Progress: 113%

In the mid and late 90s I
used to watch Richard Simmons
and he always invited people to
strip naked, stand in front of a
mirror and cry until you had the
determination and courage to
change your habits. I did that
and have never looked back since,
despite being a little forgetful now
and again.

But after my last mini-relapse I am
LowCarbing for life and loving it.
  #275   ^
Old Tue, Feb-28-06, 07:03

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 138/140/150 Male 67
BF:
Progress:

a girl in the 7th grade told me i was fat - that was it, but in the last 5 years i lost 20lb from a low fat almost veg diet and from it i got depressed, anxious and alot of body aches, and then i switched to a lc plan to help gain weight and restore my hormonal function. its working and i'm feeling so much better
  #276   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 07:11
Registered Member

Stats: 173/173/116 Female 62 inches
BF:no idea...lots...
Progress: 0%
Default the final insult

The final insult that got me low-carbing? No, not one, but THREE!!!

The old "friend" who asked why I'd "let myself go"...the stranger who asked when "my baby was due" ...the greasy sweaty man who told me that I had a "pretty face, shame your ass is so big". And was then offended when I turned him down for a date.....

MY personal events that pushed the button are a wardrobe full of beautiful clothes that dont fit ;not being able to practise my yoga as well because my belly gets in the way ; being ashamed to undress in front of my lovely husband.The shame, the shame of it... great thread, BTW, la lestat xxxx

Last edited by la lestat : Thu, Mar-02-06 at 07:11. Reason: error
  #277   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 08:00

Stats: 385/338/225 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 29%

I could not fit into a ride at the county fair. That made me think.
  #278   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 12:10

Stats: 238/222/140 Female 5'10"
BF:no clue. too much
Progress: 16%
Default Omg!

La Lestat - when I read that, it was like you posted what I was going to say. I got on the commuter train one morning and this older woman mistook me for the very pregnant lady that usually gets on at the same stop and asked me "when is your baby due?". I thought I would just die.

2nd thing that made me want to change my way of eating: having to buy new clothes because my whole wardrobe doesn't fit anymore

3rd: my fat pants are now my skinny pants

4th: I've graduated from a size 16 to a 20

5th: I refuse the be the "fat chick" in the office. Everyone else here is slim and pretty.

6th: I plan on getting married to my fiancee by next year

7th: When being fat gets in the way of having good sex - RED FLAG!!
  #279   ^
Old Sun, Mar-12-06, 13:37

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

The inability to walk without difficulty... The fact that I was killing myself...and did not care whether or not I did!!!
  #280   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 20:40

Stats: 200/190/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

New Years Eve picture with my grandson.....Yikes!
25th class reunion coming up this summer.....
Down 35#s and two pant sizes........many more to go!
  #281   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 06:34

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

I'm surprised I've never noticed this thread before...
My jumpstart came after I was laid out flat on my back with back problems for 6 weeks..4 active kids and couldn't do a thing...I felt so helpless and knew that probably being overweight contributed to the back problems...I started CALP last summer lost 30 pounds and have not had any back problems since. I walk 30 minutes a day, last year I couldn't stand for 2 minutes without pain. I needed to take my health seriously. I have only One life to live, got to make the best of it!!!
  #282   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 19:30

Plan: Body For Life
Stats: 320/295/180 Female 67 inches
BF:too much thanks!
Progress: 18%

Mine was the last trimester of my second pregnancy. I was so sore and exhausted all the time. Just the idea of walking 10 feet from the couch to the kitchen made me want to die. I just plain couldn't do it. And I thought, I've gained maybe 20-30 pounds, which will be gone when the baby comes. What happens when I gain another 20-30 pounds over the next maybe 10-20 years, and then it won't come off and I'll feel this awful all the time - for the rest of my LIFE?? That's when it became very real and very scary for me. I knew I had to do something about this weight now, otherwise I knew exactly what kind of life I was sentencing myself to. Knowing how helpless I felt even encouraged me to start exercising, to take pleasure in my ability to move my body. God forbid I ever lose that ability, and if I stay fat that's exactly what will happen.
  #283   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 22:11

Stats: 168/153/120 Female 169cm
BF:
Progress: 31%
Red face My worst day

well i thought i was usually thin and then i started having to buy size 16 jeans and that was one concern . i didnt really pay atention at the time and then i joined faceparty.com and loaded a picture of myself for my profile and i kept getting all these messages from guys saying they liked a "fuller figure" and even though they thought i was sexy, i took a look in the mirror and turned sideways and saw a stomach i didnt want and my thighs had cellulite on them and i was freaing out and everytime i look at the mirror i see fat ...

that was my turning point!
  #284   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-06, 16:27
Registered Member

Stats: 173/173/116 Female 62 inches
BF:no idea...lots...
Progress: 0%

and here's another one ... a woman who I haven't seen for two years asked me "you're face looks SO fat, is it glandular?" No, I'm just fat....jules xxx
  #285   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-06, 12:32

Plan: 1972 Atkins
Stats: 234/210/160 Female 5,7"
BF:100 % scary!
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene1
6th: I plan on getting married to my fiancee by next year

7th: When being fat gets in the way of having good sex - RED FLAG!!

I am getting married this year and I feel ya on the red flag.

Seriously, I decided to lose weight because I used to work in a fitting room. I'd see all these cute clothes and mourn the fact that I could not wear them. Everyone in my store was doing the low-carb thing so I hopped aboard. I lost alot of weight. Almost 60 lbs. I was f*cking sexy

I'm doing it the second time around because I don't want to be a fat bride. I see pictures of plus sized models in wedding dresses and they resemble the wedding cake!!

I KNOW I will gain weight when I get pregnant, and I don't want to gain on top of what I am already. My man says I am beautiful and that he loves me, but I don't feel beautiful with my buldging back fat or I am uncomfortable naked because my thighs are starting a fire from all the friction.