Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2701   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 12:35

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I weighed in at 138.5 today. I also cheated this afternoon. I ate one of those huge muffins that they sell at like Sam's Wholesale. But I am so tempted to fly off the handle, but I have 16 days to leave and I need to have my cheat stop with that damn muffin!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2702   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 15:39

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 227/213/140 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default I know how you feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessDMB41
Hey Ladies... The past few weeks for me have been bad... I was doing alright losing about 1lb per week the "healthy way"...then a slipup here and one there turned into just about everyday for the past 2 1/2 wks. I'm now back up to 143-144ish I need encouragement badly, I've been super stressed and I really want to be back in the 120's by this summer. I feel like I will never get there if I don't stay consistant, and I am having a really hard time doing it. i've been doing this for years and i want this to be the year that changes the rest of my life.

I actually stopped the atkins diet a few years go after losing 60 lbs. I learned that if you slip up, you have to not nag yourself about it, but just forget about it and keep going. I gained all my wieght back because i was like..whatever i can eat what i want..and its just not true. the cravings are so hard to overcome so thats why when someone says "just one wont hurt" it actually does, a lot! it drives you want to want to eat carbs. i keep gum, sunflower seeds, breath mints (all sugar free) by me at all times and if im having a bad day i allow myself to eat as much as i want (even though it still has carbs in it) because im not eating cake and chips and things that will get me out of ketosis and in a bad spiral. You can do this! Its mind over matter (or stomach) and you need the mind frame of eating to live, not live to eat. you can do it! you want something bad enough, i know you will do what it takes to achieve it!
  #2703   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-07, 01:53

Plan: Dr. Atkin's
Stats: 216/206.4/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

hi everyone! how are you all doing this week? sorry i've been absent...my boobie infection came back on tuesday and it just totally knocked me out! the symptoms are like having a bad flu (and a sore boob!) and headache. add to that a new born baby, and i had my hands full!

well, i did not-so-good while i was sick. i do that. i get sick then i sit in bed and eat because, HEY, i'm sick! i know...not good. i did good today though.

this is a BIG weekend for me. tomorrow night i'll be going to a poetry reading at a jazz lounge for a couple hours. saturday is a concert that my dad is emcee'ing in waikiki (anyone like jack johnson?). we got a hotel, so mom and i will rotate with baby. and sunday is a worship service with some singles at church. WHEW!! hopefully i can make it through without eating myself up a few pounds!
  #2704   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-07, 07:13

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDALLAS
I actually stopped the atkins diet a few years go after losing 60 lbs. I learned that if you slip up, you have to not nag yourself about it, but just forget about it and keep going. I gained all my wieght back because i was like..whatever i can eat what i want..and its just not true. the cravings are so hard to overcome so thats why when someone says "just one wont hurt" it actually does, a lot! it drives you want to want to eat carbs. i keep gum, sunflower seeds, breath mints (all sugar free) by me at all times and if im having a bad day i allow myself to eat as much as i want (even though it still has carbs in it) because im not eating cake and chips and things that will get me out of ketosis and in a bad spiral. You can do this! Its mind over matter (or stomach) and you need the mind frame of eating to live, not live to eat. you can do it! you want something bad enough, i know you will do what it takes to achieve it!

Thanks. it's weird though, I don't eat chips/cake, etc. but i will eat kind of normally, aka sandwhiches, chicken, rice, maybe the occasional fast food, orsome pizza. not anything thats horrible, and my cals were never over 2,000 or so. but i still gain weight. i dont know what is wrong with my body.
  #2705   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-07, 08:17

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 227/213/140 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 16%

I was like you too! Didnt eat really bad but for some reason when i eat carbs my body just bloats up! My main thing was Starbucks Frappacinos! Also Margaritas! if you look at the sugar its like eating a dozen donuts! no joke! so there is something to this sugar thats for sure. I have more energy and am much happier now. So, if you need motivation, thats something to look forward to right?? How long have you done the diet? Is this your first time starting it?
  #2706   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-07, 15:04

Plan: SoBe
Stats: 175/165/145 Female 5'8
BF:?
Progress: 33%

Hey Ladies!!

::cracks Whip: I Want A Full Report. Well?
  #2707   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-07, 15:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/145/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

I don't want to sound like I am preaching or anything. I am only speaking from my own personal experience. As someone who gained and lost the same 40 lbs for years, I don't believe in cheating. At least, you have to go many months without cheating first, so you can get it out of your system.

I haven't cheated since July, because I don't have good willpower. Cheating once will cause me such cravings that it will be hard to hop back on the wagon. There are people who can do low carb diets and cheat occasionally and still be successful, but I don't think it's the norm.

Gaining and losing weight is so unhealthy for you. I feel like if you can't commit to not cheating, you will probably be healthier, physically and mentally, if you don't do the diet at all. Again, I don't want to sound like I am preaching, I've just been there before. I was there for years.
  #2708   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-07, 16:06

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 175/167.7/139 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 20%

Well I think it's official. My body is at a stall. I have been losing and gaining the same 3 pounds for like a month! Yesterday, I got on the scale and it said 146.8 again. Today it was the same. Unless TOM is here. Which I never experience symptoms. I don't know what's going on. I'm doing everything the same. Maybe I need to cut out the avocado. I may do meat and egg diet to get me over the hump. any suggestions?
  #2709   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-07, 16:08

Stats: 180/138/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Kerbear, I'm with you...one cheat and the cravings come...and the excuses, and the binge. I tried eating moderately for a few months, which worked out fine for awhile, but-- well, 20 pounds gained and 24 pounds lost later, here I am, back at low carb and just loving it!

Jillybean, thanks for inviting me to the thread! Seems like a great group!

Have a great weekend, all!
  #2710   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-07, 17:01

Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hello! I'm back, sort of... My teeth still really hurt, but I'm self-medicating with white wine tonight... ha, ha.... It says not to drink alcohol with my pain meds, but I'm thinking it may be fun! Just kidding, definitely not going to do that.

I lost a total of 4 pounds in the last 4 days! Woohoo! It's sad that I had to have 4 teeth pulled to be able to stop eating! All I've eaten are slimfast shakes since Tuesday. And only two of those a day. Not bad, actually. And I really haven't been hungry. At least the pain makes me not want to touch any food. Most of the pain is gone now, except for one side of my mouth. It's the side that the wisdom tooth was impacted, so I'm guessing it will take a little longer to heal than the others.

I ventured out to Ann Taylor Loft today and was super excited because all the size 12's fit me pefectly! It was weird because I'd pick up a pair of pants in size 12 and then pick up a 14, just in case. But the 12's were almost too big in some cases! Wow, now if I just had money to buy them all! ha, ha...

OK. I really must go. I think it's time for another nap (I've been having a lot of those lately...)

I'm so glad to see everyone back! I can't wait until I'm a normal functioning human-being again and can eat solid foods! I'm craving a grilled chicken salad from McCallister's right now, but there's no way I could actually chew it unfortunately.
  #2711   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-07, 22:23
<---The Crazy One!

Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%

guys....i'm having the hardest time staying on plan...and its really bumming me out!!!
I can't get the cravings out of my head. I was going 3 days strong...then I had bread...and 2 spoonfuls of creme brulee....then a ton of chocolate today...and 2 beers..sun chips and cake...

i really really really need to get focused again....and this hurts

(i'm not having pains or anything..it just hurts that I know that I am a strong willed person...but i just feel so out of control right now)
  #2712   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-07, 05:35

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpeach
guys....i'm having the hardest time staying on plan...and its really bumming me out!!!
I can't get the cravings out of my head. I was going 3 days strong...then I had bread...and 2 spoonfuls of creme brulee....then a ton of chocolate today...and 2 beers..sun chips and cake...

i really really really need to get focused again....and this hurts

(i'm not having pains or anything..it just hurts that I know that I am a strong willed person...but i just feel so out of control right now)

I know exactly where you are coming from. I was fine all day yesterday, had a yogurt, string cheese, and tuna all day. and over 70oz of water.

Then 7pm comes around, I didnt want to cook dinner or go to the store to pick up things because it would take forever and my almost 3 yr old was getting sleepy so my boyfriend and I decided to go out instead. we went to hoss's, and i had the salad bar, garlic bread, raisin bread, crab cake, and french fries. to top it all off they had cheesecake which is my favorite so of course i had a little of that. I feel like a failure because I do well all day then just cave. I'm so mad at myself. I'm also irritated that this is what other people wouldd consider normal eating and wouldnt gain an ounce. I just weighed myself and I'm up 1 lb from yesterday. Granted I know this is not 1lb of fat, but even gaining a little from eating "normally" is so frustrating. It makes me not want to eat for the rest of the day.
  #2713   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-07, 12:58

Stats: 175/167.7/139 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 20%

I dropped 2.8 pounds in a day. I weighed myself this morning and I was 144. that's all i can say for now. TTYL

Last edited by KatieAZ : Sat, Apr-21-07 at 18:23.
  #2714   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-07, 16:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 92/112/120 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 71%

seems like everyone is caving in ladies! i think yall need to eat more through the day or at least count on having a BIG dinner at night so you're just not hungry... about the food in your head all the time... try coming to this board and maybe write what youre thinking about or feeling... and complete it with how you WILL FEEL after you overeat/binge/cave in... and it may help you a lot b/c i can not for the life of me stand how i feel the entire week if i touch sugar or flour.... but that is just me i do know everyone is different....

anyways here's to a good rest of the weekend... nascar is on soon so i gotta go get some rum and diet cokes in me!

YOU LADIES GOT THIS STAY STRONG!!!!!!! and the size 12's that's awesome girl! congrats i bet you feel like a hot mama in them! hahah
  #2715   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-07, 17:07

Plan: SoBe
Stats: 175/165/145 Female 5'8
BF:?
Progress: 33%

::Rubs ass::
i fell off the wagon...hard. i'm too dissappointed in myself. i wanted to be sooo hot for summer school

WHERE OH WHERE IS SHARN?!
Closed Thread