Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2431   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-19, 17:37

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Jaz---Loved the family pix. I still feel the blessing of your granddaughter with every new photo of her growing up so darling. Glad you had your cousins there as a buffer.

Ugh, I so feel for you w/the heat! And yeah, I'd have Morticia jonesing going on big time. The only good part might be is for me when it gets that hot I lose my appetite. Any such luck that way for you?

Lori---I feel the echo of the end of your vacay thru osmosis. I loved getting those beach, sunrises and beautiful dinner on the sea pix. Have a safe drive home and wishing you a cozy night with your sis tonight.

BTW, I bet after all that walking you're going to only have a bit of bloat to deal/with---bet it will be gone in a day or two and you'll be right back on your plan and losing more pounds.

Hi Trig and Nic----

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG, it was thee most perfect fall day today. Sunny and crisp w/the tops of the trees starting to turn. I went to Trader Joes for a few things and came home w/the most beautiful bouquet of sunflowers. They have the BEST flowers, so reasonable. So now my sunflowers are sitting on my round library table on top of one of my stack of books and they are just the cheeriest thing.

I sure went kerplunk off plan yesterday. We went to a movie w/a pal and I had plenty O popcorn---just couldn't stop myself---and then out to eat at a place we hadn't been to in a long time, but which is so excellent. Didn't stay on plan there either.

Last week was not a great woe week, but I'm still hanging on to my loss and for some reason not suffering a bunch of bloat for my carb indiscretions. But after yesterday I didn't think it was astute to test it. Will be a good girl for at least this week before I trust the scale not to scold me.

BTW, saw a really fab movie yesterday at our $2 theater so it's on it's way off the circuit and wouldn't be a main movie thing. But it's called "Maiden" and it's the story of the first women's sail boat crew to sail in a race around the world. Our pal called us to come see it w/her and to be honest we went kind of reluctantly---thinking we wouldn't choose this movie. However she informed us on the way over that it got 98% on Rotten Tomatoes so we were cheered by that.

Oh man, it was a-freaking-mazing. Not a dull moment. It's a documentary but it "reads" like a thriller. So very interesting and so so very good, if it comes to a little artsy theater near you, or when it shows up on TV.

OMAD for me today. About to have grilled pork chop and Trader Joe's sweet potato frites---so freaking good, and keep in mind, sweet potatoes are not really potatoes, they are yams. You can have a cup of these "French fry" like delights for 19 net carbs. I will have just a drizzle of apricot jam on my pork chops----who needs gravy or a sauce---and end the day at around 25 to 30 net carbs.
Sponsored Links
  #2432   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-19, 20:15

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

LADIES!! HELLO!!

I am so behind with you guys!! I will be home soon.. planning to land back at the house tomorrow evening.

I have had a WONDERFUL road tripping time the past two days. I have been to Helen GA (and saw my first Oktoberfest Festhalle- it was great fun to watch!), then hiked up to see Anna Ruby Falls in Unicoi Gap State Park. Then I drove over to Asheville NC and toured the Biltmore Estate, which was just astounding! I could have spent much more time there. Alas, I had to hit the road for an additional 3.5 hours to get to Blacksburg VA, home of VA Tech, to spend the night. Tomorrow I will get up, eat a bit and then head off to Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive. I will hike Stony Man for some outrageous views, then eat some fresh Blackberry Ice Cream before continuing on home. Total drive time about six hours tomorrow and that should get me home.

I'll share some pics over the next couple of days but I did want to say Howdy!!
  #2433   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-19, 20:43

BF:
Progress:

Oh---Hello Nic!

I didn't realize you were still out there on vacay, but I surely loved hearing you are and what you're up to. Oh my, you packed SO MANY experiences into your week away. Seriously, my head is spinning trying to take it all in, and I have read your post 3 times now to try to get my arms around it.

I look forward to you being home for a heart beat---and that's about what it will be before you head off to Amsterdam, right?

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Sep-23-19 at 23:46.
  #2434   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-19, 03:34

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Nic....WOW! You are covering some territory! It all sounds just perfect. Hope you have another great day today.

Blue....your day sounds perfect too. Pretty flowers, a good movie & dinner out...what could be better?

Jaz....I know your crazy week has begun. I can only imagine that your days just blend together with all that driving and human interaction and then home to chart it all. Makes my head spin.

Trig....what's happening with you? Hope all is well in NC.

-----

I got up just after 5AM. We went to bed at 9:30, so I was ready to get up. I made a cup of coffee and am just enjoying easing into my morning. I hope I didn't wake Sis....I thought I heard her stirring, but hopefully she'll get back to sleep. I want to be on the road by 8:30 at the latest. That will get me home around 11AM. It's been a great trip, but I'm ready to be home.

Later!
  #2435   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-19, 05:44

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

NIC- - Woswa on your travels!!!! I have been to the Biltmore! It is a site to behold. I went during the Christmas season! The tress and decoration were almost sensory overload! Totally cool!
I know you are loving your hike!!!! Can't wait for the pic! I didn't know you were also traveling alone and touring!!!!! Can't wait to hear and see your pictures!!!!!! I STILL want to make it to Helen!!!

Blue-
- I LOVE LOVE the the flowers at TJ's. Plus they are so reasonable in price!!! For some reason they last longer than other flowers I notice!
TJ's is a super cool place in the Fall! They get some special things in stock you don't find anywhere else! I am now wanting to get over there. There is one about 20 minutes from me.
So awesome it is picture perfect there! Crispy Fall days! I love those.
It is going to be 95 here today! Yup I am not kidding. - The heat has not gone anywhere. It is 630 am and already close to 80!This is CRAZY.
You movie sounds RIGHT up your ally!!!! I am not into documentaries- they have to be really good! I do wish that we had 2 dollar theaters here!!!! I know they do in Ohio! The kids and I used to go all the time on Friday nights. We could all go for under 10.00!!! -

Lori-
- Safe travels home!!!!- Your trip did go so fast!!!!! I loved the pictures. I know your hubby will be super happy to see you!

TRIG- - Hey there!!!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------
FEEL FREE TO SKIP yet another WORK NOTE-
I didn't want to write anther work saga. But I had a crying melt down last night. I had been out all day seeing patients and came home grabbed dinner and signed into the computer to chart.

Before I even got to the charting sat a nasty email from my manager and her boss. (2 rungs). Anyway, I was being chastised for writing in my 2 hour drive times. She proceeded to say she is map questing the mileage and it "should not take me 2 hours" and it was blocking the opportunity to have more patients. To take off my drive time.

So I responded - I was not taking my drive time off the calendar as it is a legitimate time spent during the day. I also stated she and I both know in ATLANTA - milage does not mean a thing.
I also stated I am tired of being bullied to quit and if they don't stop I will go back to HR. I also stated that the bullying is affecting my health and I would be making a doctors appt shortly. I also said that being in the car for hours on end is also contributing to my health concerns. I ended it by saying just STOP THIS. I will doing anything that is a reasonable request- but I am DONE working 12 hour days.
I sent it. I am SO SO SO DONE. I JUST CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE.

I am heading for a serious mental crack! I can't wait this out to Dec. they are seriously pushing me to the ledge. Everyone else has left. We have all new staff. I don't know who anybody I work with anymore.
I never got that chart done. Today is my 6 hour travel day. Plus 3 patients then charting AFTER I get home. I am sure that email is going to HR to see if they can let me go. I sure as hell hope so.
All the big wigs are going to be in town Thurs. They are flying in for a day long meeting. I am sure my situation will be discussed. It has too. I am the thorn in their side right now. I am the only one still standing and standing up and saying NO ENOUGH! -

Why am I still there? 10,000 reasons and $$$-It is a noose. I have worked SO hard to get out of debt. I know I am worth more than 10,000. I don't want to pay it back. PERIOD. I also don't want them recking my credit. I have built that up nicely as well.

However, I have reached that point. I will finish out this week and take the weekend to put out more resumes. I am not sure if I will go back next Monday or not.

I do need to make a doctor appt. anyway for a routine visit. I have to go twice a year. I am going to mention the sitting. I sit and sit and sit. In a car you can't get up or even pull over and walk around. It isn't safe. I will see if I can get a note to limit the amount of car time. I know one of my co-worker got a note. But she has also been bullied out of a job. She is much happier in her new place.
---------------------------------------------------------
Ok- the WOE-
So I am going to attempt a mild version of up/down- only mine is going to be limited to carbs and still stay within a 25 total carb count.
So one "down" day would be a ZERO day- followed by a 25 carb or less day.

Yesterday - I bought those Wraps NIC was talking about. They have 11 carbs. I then stuffed it with nitrate free turkey deli meat and added a ton of kale and mayo/ and mustard and a pickle on the side.
That was my meal- It was enough. I didn't get hungry and I really like the wrap. It was the only meal too.
If I had to guess
total carbs- including the kale= under 20
calories- under 1000

So I am good with that- Forgot the mayo- maybe 50 more calories.

I gotta go- I feel like I am always saying sorry these days. (complaining about the job) Some people would give anything for work and I know it. Back later.......

I am thinking I would like another wrap for dinner!!!!
  #2436   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-19, 07:14

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Greg where are ya come back

Lori, safe travels...trip was wonderful from your report

Nicco, wow, I will be doing the falls in Helen next month and your trip sounds fab from your report....you do pack in a ton of fun, love that!

Blue sounds like you have improved a lot, movies and more popcorn, hmm, but I hear ya on it cause it is so addictive. I never knew how ya did a cup and stopped

You keep trucking along, you are making it work for you and not against you so keep doing your own thing!

Jaz don't go there....YOU MAKE them fire ya only thru normal things and responses from you. I loved what you said....do not go batty on them cause then they got a 'good reason' for firing.....you keep chatting but on the low with them and then if they fire ya they truly had no reason.....you are close to change here from the company....YOU force their hand a tiny bit, they will do it sooner than later and you will be free and fine thru it all. MAKE then suck up the education thing no matter what, I would, even go a bit batshit crazy like you are before I walked away from them paying that for me LOL Hey you got some more batshit crazy in ya to handle HAHA

You will be ok....it is all coming to a head....be calm and respond but let them make that first move and they will.

hey all
super busy doing this and that
just a lot to handle and needing time to do it
all good WOE and holding strong
just gotta do things, posting will be spotty as I get it handled....great day all
  #2437   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-19, 10:15

BF:

I'm home!

I got an earlier start that I expected. It was about 7:45. Traffic was not bad and I made good time. I was home about 10:15. I made 1 stop on the turnpike for a coffee to get me thru.

I'm feeling like I may be getting a UTI. Started feeling "funny" yesterday. I'll see how I am in a day or 2. I'm drinking lots of water and taking D-Mannose to help flush out any bacteria that may be lurking. Hoping I can nip it in the bud. Ugh.

Jaz.......I sure hope something new soon comes up for you on the job front. As you said, you simply can't go on like this. Your health is worth more than the paycheck, though I know the money is necessary.

Doing laundry and getting back in the groove here.
  #2438   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-19, 18:17

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jazz---In the end, it will be what it will be. In some ways I hate this kind of statement, but also realize its strength. We CANNOT CONTROL everything, not even close. Stuff happens and we react.

IF you possibly can, try not to bomb your way out of there. Don't know if you've dealt w/unemployment benefits before, but generally the state is on your side in claiming them. However, many big companies go to court to stop people from getting their benefits...because they can. They have the money and the lawyers.

Thankfully and still, the benefit of the doubt is w/the fired employee. However, there is something called "gross incompetence" that does allow a judge to rule against a fired employee. Usually this involves stuff like embezzlement from the company, or just not showing up for work for an extended time, that kind of thing. But it IS what companies try to claim every time they fight to rob a former employee of their unemployment benefits.

SO. Again, if you possibly can, hang in there and don't give them that opportunity to both hold you responsible for your School loans AND deny you unemployment benefits.

Having said that, If you just can't take it anymore, feel yourself falling thru the cracks, then hey, just quit---no unemployment benefits if you quit---and be done w/it.

You have saved up a fair amount. And something I learned long ago and several times over, it's easier to get a job when you don't have one, even though the common wisdom is the opposite. Something about clearing the decks of the toxicity and having a hellish situation end often turns out to provide the energy and better frame of mind necessary to go after something new.

Lori---Welcome home! I'm trying the sandwich slices tonight again. This time I put them in the oven, and am going to make bacon, tomato and may sandwiches of them. Will report back.

Trig---Whatcha so busy with? Haha, nosey me, ignore me.

Nic---Are you home yet?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I'm obviously healed. My appetite is totally back, and OMADs are not so easy.

Still, I'm on day 2 of totes on plan. Again.

I've got some things I need to look at and attend to regarding future work and how I feel about it, and I'm just really struggling w/it. Keep saying, like Scarlett, I'll think about it tomorrow.

So oh boy, once again in search of mojo. Funny how when I was younger I didn't have to look that long for it. It just seemed to appear. Now it's a different deal. SIGH.

Anyway, all in all, a VERY GOOD day for me as far as my never ending hopes of protecting the rule of law in this country, and our democracy. I know, probably shouldn't say, but I'm kind of ecstatic to get this far, and I guess that's just who I am, so not apologizing for it.
  #2439   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-19, 19:15

BF:

Hey ladies- Can I tell you how much I love you!!!!!

Seriously!

I needed a night to totally cry it out- then sleep and get up and be strong!
Pulled up big girl panties.
It will be what it is. I talked a long long long minute with my Ohio guy. you all know he is a therapist! I get my own private therapy sessions and he knows how to talk me off the ledge.

I am OK- I will do what I can do and nothing more. Just do my job and nothing extra. Hanging in.

Blue- So glad you are feeling better!!!!!!!!! I so hear ya on what to do next. Honey I am am right there with you!!!!!! - What is the next chapter. We still have so much to Give!!!!! Can't wait to see the direction you go!

Trig- you didn't share a lot- everything ok? You are a dear dear!!!!! OXOXOXOX

Lori- oh dear- start drinking tons of lemon water!!!!!! Sounds like a bit dehydrated!!!!!!!- plus all the walking you did!
Take some tumeric too!!!!!
DRINK UP!!!!!!!

NIC- You home yet?- save travels-
---------------------------------------------------
I feel so much better today knowing that no matter what happens I will rise above. PERIOD.

My food sucked- I tried those Adkins frozen dinners tonight. I was in my car from 8 am until 630 and was not into cooking. So I stopped to get dish soap and thought what the hell I will try the Adkins frozen dinner........
YUCK............. TRIG- I am there with you. I tossed both away- NASTY.............
OH well........ I didn't blow it- I just stopped eating.

I cuddled my beloved bestie and we went for a a small walk. I am in jammies and enjoying a glass of wine. Chillin after a long day.

Tired- enjoyed the Voice! - going to bed early- lite day tomorrow THANK GOD! not my fault- nobody scheduled.
Can get caught up!

I talked to a gal today that really motivated me. She is a MS patient and I have been pushing her to do better. guess what..... She is going to the gym!!!!
So what about me?!?!?!?HELLO!!!!!! -
She put some fire in my pants

I am a much better frame of mind!!! - I just don't give a rip- it is amazing when you just stop caring!!!! It good no matter what!

BLUE SEND SEND COOL WEATHER PLEASE
  #2440   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-19, 06:02

BF:

Good Morning!

Stepped on the scale this morning and I'm "only" up 2 lbs from the last week of eating all manner of stuff. I guess the miles and miles of walking helped quite a bit. I'm hoping that today's DD will get rid of most of the gain so I can start chipping away at the rest of the pounds that I want to lose. I have a long winter ahead of me to work on it. It is depressing to think that the only thing I have to look forward to in the coming months is trying to lose weight!

It is cold out this morning...high 40's. It's supposed to get up to 78, but it's chilly right now. I'm not ready for this! Before I know it I'll be up to my a$$ in snow! But hey....at least I have trying to lose weight to look forward to!

I'm not doing much today. I have some errands to run...meat market & grocery store. All the fun stuff. My cleaning lady comes today, so I have to clear out and let her do her thing. Maybe I'll strap on the sneakers and have a nice walk this afternoon. Right now I have a pounding headache so that will have to go away before I think about walking.
----------
Nic....are you home? I know you listed all the things you were going to do on your way, so you may still be hiking or site seeing. You had a fun trip!

Jaz...glad your Ohio friend could talk you off the ledge. Sometimes we just need someone to offer a different perspective. Great that you have an easier day today.

Trig....I look forward to you getting your stuff handled so you can come back to posting regularly. Always good to hear what's happening with you.

Blue...hope the sandwich thins worked out last night. I'll be having 1 of them with a couple eggs on my DD today. Last night I had a bowl of my Palmini "pasta" with Rao's sauce & some mozz cheese....really good.

Time to drink another big glass of water. I feel like I'm floating! No more signs of the UTI, so hopefully I've nipped it in the bud.

Later!
  #2441   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-19, 06:09

BF:

Good Morning-

LORI- Where are you??? I am hopeful that you don't have a bacteria going on and can flush anything away. I don't know why when we are on vacay sometimes we end up with some bug. Maybe new environments. I just hope you don't.

I bet your hubby super happy to see you!!!!

TRIG- YEA, You disappeared for a couple days. We are such a small group there is a hole when one of us is gone! Glad you were just 'doing your thing" and getting along! Hope it is going ok. But you - I know whatever you are handing- YOU GOT IT!!!!-
Glad you are stellar on your WOE.
Any changes on the scale?

BLUE- - So you have project on your plate? Is it something you aren't thrilled about? I would think that small projects would keep your fingers in the biz without the big pressure stress of constantly producing!
You would not be YOU- if you apologized for how you feel!
I appreciated the blue regarding unemployment! You are so right- if I am not working I would need it. Heard that loud and clear!

NIC- Are you home yet? Can't wait to hear about your travels!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
So I am exploring the concept of shakes again. I am not a fan of those frozen anything. It wasn't real food to me.

I do like those LC wraps- for a quick something if I am not going to eat a dinner. I have used them a couple times this week, when I just want a grab no cook meal. I have been ok with that!
I seem to be going through a textural issue with food. I know this sounds weird. But unless it is fresh and hot right now I don't want it.
So I had leftover chicken I the fridge- I tossed it. A cold hard lump of meat was so unappealing. I didn't even want to make chicken salad out of it. Now here is the funny thing- I would go BUY already made chicken salad. I just would not want to handle a hunk of cold meat. Leftover fish OMG the SMELL.

I am getting so picky. I just want the best and the freshest. I was thinking today just how much what we feed out bodies - really can make a difference!

I am not sure about today- I want something simple. I love my articles you know! Well I read something that reminded me of what TRIG says all the time. Keep it simple and consistent. That is what successful people who have kept the weight off say! I like it. Too many choices, gives way to the opportunity to fall off the wagon!

Keeping it simple! -

IT'S WED!!!!!!!- Hanging in! -
This weekend I have fun plans. We have the "big" - Fall fest here on the square. I am going Sat.
Then Sunday- I am meeting the gals for a "bloody" Mary brunch, buffet.
Apparently this place we are going to is pretty ritzy, and we had to have reservations. It is about 40 minutes from me. I think we are meeting at 1:00. We will most likely bum around a few shops afterwards.
Things I am looking forward to!

we are 3 months from Christmas by the way. Just FYI-
  #2442   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-19, 06:16

BF:

Lori- We cross posted! As Always!!!!!- Enjoy your day! Glad you are rid of a UTI
  #2443   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-19, 07:19

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

fast one guys cause I got crap to do

mom has the runs so she called me and I needed to cancel her foot dr. appt this morning. she is gonna be careful on food today and made new appt. for Monday at 10 am. Will go up to mom's tomorrow to shop for some food as usual. My whole day schedule changed fast this morning LOL ugh

Since I am showered and ready to roll I am gonna now switch to grocery shopping for us. Off to the store in a minute.

Lori, so glad you didn't go down the UTI road. I never get them but the few times I did, wow they stink LOL I get a twinge of any kind and I am slamming down tons of water real fast. works every time for me. stay away from any citrus stuff....citrus is just horrible to make any UTI type thing worse fast. ask me how I know HAHA

You had me laughing, only thing to look forward to right now is losing weight. ugh....but at least you got your eye on a prize so that is good
You guys moved a ton, that helps keep the lbs off from what little you did indulge so that is great!!

Blue sorry work is a pain and a struggle in a way. It is harder for me to 'get excited' about anything 'new'....when most times there ain't a darn true 'new thing' about it Things all blur together for me at some point. Work is the same work, just a few things different, shop and cook is the same, just a few things diff. if wanted, days all blur into one.....I need mojo and new exciting crap in front of my eyes. I get it

Jaz glad your mind is holding strong. Do what you must, defend yourself from the idiot bosses with reasonable, logical decent replies if they nail ya again and keep on trucking. BIG change is coming for you....hard to stay calm when you know that is on the horizon but you can So you have a small meltdown and you move on as needed. I get it

I am exactly like you on food. I am not a leftover fan ever. I eat only a few leftovers that I know I like. Meatloaf is one. I put on some hot gravy over it and I can easily eat it.....I need fresh food just like you.

I was laughing on the frozen meals! You are me also. I hate them LOL and the few I can handle, I ain't in love and not worth it to me. I can make any of those frozen things better than those and 1/3 the cost LOL and I get my fresh hot food without the chems in it they throw into the frozen ones. I SO GET YOU ON THIS but honestly, it makes for hard planning of food. I go thru this all the freaking time!! It annoys the heck out of me I am so damn picky on food anymore but it is a good thing in disguise I guess

Glad you have fun weekend things to do!

Nicco need another report when ya get the chance.

Greg you best check in soon!

hey all
like above plans changed....ugh...this and that and more of that and this annoying the heck out of me

whatever

today is down day on food. not weighing. feel thinner for sure.

I bought 'Stress Relief' from FitAffinity online. OMG I love this shit. One pill her day. All natural like lemon balm, cammomile and other crap BUT I FEEL a big difference in me. I am saying more and more I don't care. I don't get riled up as much on anything which is a good thing with my hyper A personality LOL I bought another 90 day supply online along with some other product. Belly Bloat. Don't 'like them as much' cause they make my tummy 'just' the littlest off. The Stress Relief I feel nothing from other than good effects from it. Took about 6 days and I noticed I approach things in a calmer manner, huh, who knew something might work on me HA but the Belly Bloat natural thing does one thing, I DO feel thinner in the guts. Has some natural and probiotic crap.....I feel like my gut is 'going down' in a way but can't put that to UP Down eating days or is it the pill. I don't think it is the pill tho. I think it might be helping but no miracle pill at all to me. Probably won't get it again cause of the little bit of iffy tummy taking it. But I DO feel it gives me something in the guts LOL but not enough to keep using....but the Stress Relief....for life on that for me. I noticed when I stopped taking it I was getting more anxious, more off and hyper'd up over small stuff....then one day I opened the cabinet and thought, darn I forget to keep taking them daily.....so I went back on and in 6-7 days I felt 'calmer' again. Well who knows....maybe I am talking myself into it HAHA but I am taking them forever now cause it seems whatever is good from it is good so I ain't giving it up

ok off to store

down day food so.....thinking bit of ribeye later with alot of brocc and aspargus as filler. ugh hate veg but down day I need to do what I must to keep around 5-600 and BE FULL come hell or highwater.

keeping track eat and eat less days on calendar has helped me....in front of my eyes what I must do LOL yea sad it comes to that but this old gal needs reminders in front of her face at all times

off I go
great day all
  #2444   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-19, 08:48

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Ugh, I was working on a reply and then looked up something for Ds20 about London and accidentally used the same window tab. Poof, I made it disappear. Crap!!

Shortened edition:

Lori- Glad you are home safely and that you had a great trip. So you have loose fitting jeans!! Well done!! Especially with being on a trip. I don't think I can say the same! I think it is funny that your sister and a 93 year old both want your time!

You are good at getting a lot of exercise on your trips. Nine miles!! No wonder your jeans are loose!

Blue- Girl, 10 pounds!! That is amazing! Glad you are feeling better. Your new dress sounds very nice.

I'm VERY impressed with what you are doing- choosing and identifying businesses for commercial work, creating a marketing plan and acting on it. Super good!!

Also really just adored the comments about your phone convo with your dear son. Lord, do I get what you mean about when things are good with the kid, they are good for us! Such a lightness of heart and being when they are doing well, and when they are struggling it is so, so hard. Sounds like he is doing so beautifully!

I have one more trip before Amsterdam, to go see my Dad in Austin for about three days. That's in mid-October. I sort of wish I wasn't going on the trip but with him nearing his mid-80s and finishing up radiation, I need to make sure that I make the time!

Jaz- ROFL over your dream about us robbing a buffet but really eating!! That is too funny!!

The previous owner sure got her money's worth out of that dishwasher! They don't last like that anymore. We use Bosch for our dishwashers.

I would not have been able to drive with fresh, warm apple cake smells in my car without eating it. Yep, I would have caved for sure! Glad you got your taste and memory of your Grandma later. Also glad to read that the party for the Littles went well. Love that Ava is saying Gigi now! They have you wrapped around their fingers!

Which LC tortillas are you using? Mine have 6 net carbs. I use Mission.

You are a generous soul, helping that woman and buying her things and food. You have a huge heart.

•••••

Back from my trip yesterday evening. It was a good time. I enjoyed the girls' trip pretty well and really enjoyed my road tripping back.

So there is a lot of work being done out back. New water drainage system, new and bigger deck, some new landscaping etc. We have typically not had window coverings on the back of the house as it is very private back there, except for some honeycomb shades that I can pull down for really hot or super cold days. I have those down. But we have two oversized sliders, one looking into the family room and one looking into the kitchen, that are uncovered. I ordered a set of sheers for the FR one and had DH put it up while I was gone so I wouldn't feel so 'on display' sitting here but I just ordered a second one for the kitchen also. A semblance of privacy!

Ds17 and his band dropped their new EP while I was gone. He was so excited. Got some good feedback. I'll have to link you guys to it.

Sophie dog is losing her hearing. We had noticed some signs but it's becoming more apparent. She isn't hearing us come down in the mornings, or coming through the front door. She is still doing well and quite spry for 11 and a half though.

I have to get a flu shot for work at the CCRC. I'll do it, especially as I understand why given the population, but I am not a fan and typically don't get them. I have ever had only one and that was years ago when my Mom was in the ICU.

We are showing very little chance of rain for SO LONG. According to Accuweather we have none coming for September, and one day in October. That is insane. I will need to water some landscaping and stuff. At least I don't need to mow though. I came back from being gone for 8 days (and didn't mow before I left, either!) and it looks fine.

OK I am not even finished but I am sending this as-is bc I have to run to the store. I will finish it later on!
  #2445   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-19, 11:13

BF:

WONDERFUL TO HAVE YOU BACK NIC!!!!!!!
More later as well!

TRIG- I NEED the name and link for your STRESS RELIEF pills I need to order a case and swig them down with wine!

I'm not kidding!!!!- You know my email!
Hope your mom is ok- you are a great daughter! She is lucky t have you!

Back after 4 charts.

Tonight is shrimp salad. I pulled out some already cook shrimp to thaw. I have a big bag of arugula and will top with a few cherry tomatoes and call it a day. I am not that hungry.

My "tummy troubles" are back. We have a huge meeting tomorrow. There ya go. Going lite on food. I am just not in a food mood. Shrimp when it's still 94 - NO RAIN HERE EITHER!!!!! - Lite!

Back after I get this other crap done.
Closed Thread