Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2401   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-19, 14:42

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Nic.....ham loaf is not salty. It is made with cooked ham, not the salty smoked variety.

Jaz...I haven't tried Hello Fresh yet. My first order will come on 9/25 when I'm back from the beach.

I'll pop in in the morning while I'm having my coffee before hitting the shower and then the road. Bags are packed and ready to be put in the car.

Sleep well!
Sponsored Links
  #2402   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-19, 18:15

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OMG- I can't even get fired!!!!! But I have a new job in Dec!

Lordy I swear someone out there reading this mess needs to make a reality show about and me and my work.

SO.......... I expected the worse. - Pack your bags- NO NO NO
I got a call.
This is how it went down........

set your glasses down- your better yet pick up a cocktail and join in on this one!

I got. 2 hour apology call from my boss who said it came all the way down the cain to her to make repairs to me.

OMG-

Then I got a call after that - separate from my director friend who told me. secrete........ that my division was sold again and is going be dissolved again in Dec. And all the management is out of work. they just don't know it yet.
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTT ??????

She said that the UPPER people want to move into another position- please stay.
SERIOUS????????? Dear Baby Jesus - here we go again.
My team is going away- they are keeping 2 of us. Nobody knows it yet-wow

I CAN'T make this up- F'd up - maybe good- I am so confused. Thought I would be fired-no- promoted......... How does THAT happen......

My mind is mixed up

WOE- - totally 100%

SAFE TRAVELS LADIES
  #2403   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-19, 03:42

BF:

Good Morning!

OMG Jaz......you need to write a book! I'm sure your head is spinning! Do you think the information you got is reliable? I mean is the person that told you the secret really "in the know"? What does the 2 hour apology mean for your current job? Still hours in the car and long hours charting, or will they ease up on you? Just when you were planning what you would do while collecting unemployment....sheesh! You are probably relieved, but yet disappointed in a way. Keep socking part of your pay check away just in case it all comes crashing down.....what a mess!

Nic...hope you had a good night at the Holiday Inn! I'm betting that you did. I hope your Mom is feeling better today and that you manage to locate the car title.

Trig....termites?? Oh man. When you have a house, it is always freaking something. I hope they can eradicate them with not too much fuss. Just a lot of $$$, right?

Blue....Do things continue to improve? I hope you've been able to get good sleep as that makes all the difference in how you feel. ((Hugs))

--------

I got up at 4:30 this morning. I was awake and Gabby came stomping into the bedroom, so I thought I might as well bite the bullet and get up. Plus....I was anxious to get the day started. I'll hit the shower around 8 and be on the road around 9. I'll have time to take a nap this afternoon while DSis picks her granddaughter up from school and stays with her till 5 or so.

Scale dropped a pound and a half after yesterday's diet day. I'm down 8 lbs in 4.5 weeks of this plan. Amazing to me. Fingers crossed that I can keep from gaining too much while I'm away. I don't want to have re-lose too many pounds!

Well, I'm going to have a cup of fat coffee and try not to eat anything until I stop for lunch just before I arrive at DSis's. She never has anything but carbs at her apartment, so have to fortify myself before I get there! It will be 6 or 7 tonight until we go out for dinner, and I know I can't wait that long for food!

I'm taking my laptop along, so I'll try to keep up with all of you for the next few days. I'm hoping the hotel WiFi is decent. If not, I'll post from my phone and send you all some beach photos!

Hugs to you all!
  #2404   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-19, 04:16

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, holy cow on the hoarding type thing and you only got a 6/10. My MIL is a 9/10 for sure. I so get it! You don't want to touch anything or breathe the air or be there at all, I so would get a hotel room also Sorry your Mom is not doing well tho. Tony's mom has breathing troubles also and we are so sure the air in that house is one thing that is nailing her to the wall but she don't see it. Like you, we are the same now. We tried and tried but at some point it is our monkey but not our circus. OMG I so love that saying
Sorry you are dealing with all this junk. It is hard to see your parent living rough. Never a good feeling. My mom's house is spotless and hell she is 91 and I have to say when I go into her house I am like, Ahhh, I love it here She won't allow her home to go downhill. I sure hope I am that way when I am older LOL Yea I will be, I am such a minimalist type that I won't have a lot of things to dust when older I sure no I won't be a hoarder type ever

I hope you get everything accomplished you need. Never easy but you will power thru it all.

Lori....safe travels. DOWN THAT MUCH! Monster congrats to you! That last hard lard you are trying to lose...you are doing it. I don't think you will put on much of that on your trip. Your mind now knows the lbs are moving off and you won't go hog wild. You trained yourself in the LC way very well. You are doing so great! I also know you will have a blast on this trip, glad you can report all the fun things you guys are gonna do!

Jaz Jaz JAZZZZZz…...WTH? are ya kidding here? No one can make this crap up.....it has to be real the weirdo stuff in your company. OMG

OK. First don't rely on the crap you heard. You heard a lot before and it still fell apart. Second, Dec? Long time away. Can you truly hold on that long? Well maybe ya can cause it is a good paycheck still coming in so whatever work ya do, bank bank bank and one more bank Keep stacking up the money as long as you can....cause I wouldn't trust these people one inch at all. But ya never know...……...hard thing is it is a big catch 22. You know you want out desperately but it is so convenient to stay, especially with a promise of change.

So hold on, tread water on the job, bank the hell out of it all as you can and just sit back and wait. You will either come to a conclusion that you can just continue as is and be ok, or you will go batcrap crazy and decide you are done. Whichever way you roll, again I feel like you will be ok.

wild crap Jaz.

HI Blue and Greg. Hope you are on the mend Blue and Greg, WHERE ARE YA!

Hi all
nothing much doing here
my UP eating day I was gonna control a bit. Heck no. I ate every kcal coming to me LOL but it was all LC and I stayed in my 0 carb area. But I walked thru the house, a piece of cheese, some salami slices, ribeye, some slim jims, a pickle (rare I eat these, but it is on my A72 Induction food list) and that vingeary salty taste helped me a lot. Then I had some leftover tuna, a few bites of ribs that hubby bought while out with his mom earlier he brought home, eh, they were ok....small cheeseburger with bit of gravy over it....LOL I just wanted food all thru the day. So kcals came in a lot higher but not too deadly......but it don't matter now does it? They were eaten and it is over

Down day today. I am thinking small cheeseburger patty with some gravy over it again. broth if needed. Doing ok on down days, just gotta be careful and keep busy which I can do

kinda do nothing day
finish off vacuum and other small chores to handle

still SO freaking hot here. Hubby washed tons of pollen off the car. omg we need rain and temps to drop!

very drama free here mostly so that is good

great day all
  #2405   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-19, 05:36

BF:

Is it ONLY Wed??????

LORI- Safe travels- Looks like it should be good weather for you too!!!! Are you two going to eat out much? I have never been to Virgina beach. I can't wait to see your pics!

To answer your question if the person who told me my division is dissolving yes, because she was part of that decision. They aren't announcing anything yet. To be honest I have no idea what my position will be, just that I have one.

OH YES- Socking away money for that rainy day. We all know it rains sometimes!

OMG- 8 pounds is AWESOME THAT ROCKS!!!

TRIG- Speaking of rainy days- you have termites? OMG..... How did you know this? URGHHHHHHHHHH............

Get your hiking shoes out- I think we are fining going into the 80's! COLD FRONT -

NIC- - I KNOW you are so much more comfortable in a hotel than a dirty house. Plus you have your SPACE! I would have done exactly the same thing. It sounds like your mom picked the perfect guy. Not everyone could deal with that. At least she is not alone, and you have to deal with that too!!!
As BLUE says- silver linings!!! - You leave for your friends house tomorrow right? Sounds like you have a well deserved weekend in store! I know you will have a grand time! Is it a mountain house?

BLUE- Yea- hopefully you are kicking that virus! I hope you got one last swim in. I am pretty sure your pool is closed! - Is your complex walkable? I remember you said you are taking the steps! That is GREAT! Seriously I think moving around like that is a good thing.
You are still just working net carbs right? I think for me too I am just going back to basics.
How is your exhaustion? Getting better?
----------------------------------------------------------
Not much else going on here. Glad the air is dropping even 10 degrees. When you have to be out in it- even small changes in temps makes a difference.

I am feeling a bit better. I am getting great sleep! I think it is going to take a little bit to get myself back to baseline. I am working on it.
I am making me a priority - have too. I am not being self centered, quite the opposite. I need to be healthy again( tummy troubles, stress) and in a better place to be able to move forward. Quality! Working on it. I NEED JAZ BACK!!!!! - one day at a time.

Got pork chops and green beans for dinner. I am going to flip back to read how LORI makes hers. I know she put a recipe in here.
The green beans are a no brainer, I also add 1.2 onion and garlic power to them and cook until tender.

Kids coming this weekend!!!!!- Can't wait. Also my cousins and aunt - it should be fun!!

Ok- all I am going to actually take a walk- 20 minutes to start. Just for today!

Save travels you two travelers!
  #2406   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-19, 14:44

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Nic---Oh sweetie, I would have been out of that dusty/bad sheets/possible cockroaches house DI-rectly. I'm sorry you had to feel bad about it, but I know I would have too. Still. And it's just as well, right? Since mom was side lined good to have your own room/TV/eating choices. Glad the mom part of the trip came first and you have your gal pals and fun to look forward to.

Lori----You're probably napping at your sissies by now or even out at your fave restaurant on the beach. So happy for you. And wowza, 8 pounds in 4 weeks is just splendid!!!!!

Jaz---HAHA, "can't even get fired." Y'know, like Nic, I had a feeling you weren't going to get fired, letter and all. First of all, the letter must have been quite good. Second of all, I think you're quite good w/your clients/patients, and they know that. They also know you can handle many different levels of work in health care. So I'm thinking' for now you're kind of in the cat bird's seat---except for having to actually do the work, heh. Still, seems you've got at least till December till whatever is going to change changes. So keep banking half your monthly and before you know it you'll be sitting on having a year to find another job, should you need/want to. And that's a very good position to be in.

Yeah, they closed our pool day before yesterday. Man, I am already missing it like crazy. Even when I wasn't feeling great I got myself down there, not to work out, but just to float around and relax. I'm going to investigate the Y's pool/schedule as it's free for seniors, but ya know, it's just not the same as being under a gorgeous blue or starry sky.

Trig---Hey now, the whole idea of the up day is to EAT. Sounds like you did it just right. Kind of grazed your way thru the day. Didn't go over the calorie goal---I believe Lauri said it was 1800 to 2000? Yeah, I get how it would be kind of challenging to sort of swing high and low w/the calories, the goal changing so much from day to day. But it seems that's how this deal works.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm FINALLY starting to come around, but feeling afraid to even say so---haha, so don't tell that b*tchy flu that I'm leaving her in the dust. Well, at least the wagon's hitched up and ready to go.

Last night we went to a show called "Smokey Joe's Cafe." It was a performance of a bunch of rock and roll songs and it was a lot of fun. We went out to dinner before hand and I stuck to plan.

Lost another pound, so 10 pounds down now. Ha, except mine's taken since spring and Laurie's just over there motoring off the pounds in no time at all and Nic and Trig are right behind her! Seriously though, I'm thrilled everyone's got it going on, three one way and Jazz and I another.

I got a dress I ordered yesterday. Coolest dress, gray cotton knit with a fab cut to it. And it works on me! Not a hugger, but definitely shows some shape. No way I could have worn it last spring. That is always so inspiring to me. I will be able to wear it for work, casual or even dressy depending on how I accessorize. I can tell I will wear it a lot.

Having said all that tonight is a treat night. Going up to neighbor's in the bldg for pizza. Will do some scraping, but not entirely. No carbs at all today, in fact other than my iced coffee and cream it's been an OMAD day. So I'm looking forward to it---it's an up day for me.
  #2407   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-19, 17:02

BF:

BLUE- Your post was so frekin funny!!!!!!!!
Paraphrasing....noting doing what yo girls are doing..... but wait- tonight is PIZZA night!!!!!! oh yea UP DAY....
HAHA
Good for you though- you are losing TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am down 2 entire pounds! Whoot- not really....... It is a bounce game right now- afraid to even put that out there.

Interested in what dress you ordered Blue.... you got a link?

You are tall so you get a pass with most stuff ,us short squatty folk don't!!!!!
Do you have any idea what it is like to be SHORT???????? Having to ASK people to reach top shelf crap in a store......... just dam short and wide...........

So glad you are feeling better!!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Today I got a cool thing happen. The state called me as a follow up from my complaint regarding deplorable conditions in a personal care home taking advantage of people. They are going to SHUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!

They are getting with those that are there to assist with better housing! I am so relieved. That place was a STYE and is abusive! So glad they are getting nailed to the wall!
Yeah......... can't even get fired........ Feeling better. My care meter is ZERO.... wether I work Or don't ...... I am good for about 6 months...... long enough..... huge pressure off. Still banking 1/2 of every check....

If you all have not seen Rocket man and like Elton John you will love the movie. it is about his life. If you are not a fan, give it a pass.
Believe it or not I am going to watch Aladdin, my daughter said it was good. I am thinking tomorrow or Friday for that one..... Tired tonight.

Put the pork chops in the air fryer- so good!!!!! Didn't kill them.

BONUS : stopped by the thrift store and got a fun cook book from Pioneer Woman for 1.00- went all out!!!!!!

Have a good one.
Wondering about NIC and Lori- you having a good time. NIC- heading to girls night tomorrow!
  #2408   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-19, 17:55

BF:

Hi!

Sis & I just got back from having dinner. I had a bunless burger that was delish! It's nearly 8 o'clock and we're going to go visit a friend of hers here in the building for a night cap and then it'll be home to jammies and night night. We'll get up around 7 tomorrow morning and be on the road by 9, headed for Virginia Beach. It'll take us about 6 hours with stops for coffee & potty.

I had a good trip down this morning, but have eaten too much today. Feel like a bloated whale! I'm planning to fast till at least Noon tomorrow. Ugh. I feel like I've gained back the 8 lbs in one day!

Ok...gotta run. We're going to visit Sis's 93 year old friend here. She's a hoot! She loves me and wants me to stay with her instead of staying here with Sis. Who knew I'd have old ladies fighting over me??

May pop in in the morning before we head out....if not, look for a pic from our balcony tomorrow!

Hugs,
Lori
  #2409   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-19, 04:51

BF:

Good Morning!

Me again! I got up about 6 and made a cup of coffee. Just waiting for Sis to get up. We're in no great hurry this morning as we'll let the crazy morning commute traffic get by before we head out.

Still feeling "toadish", so looking forward to fasting till this afternoon. Last night Sis's 93 year old friend had made us a treat that we just HAD to eat....little apple dumplings of all things! I was so sick till I went to bed last night. Well, not really sick, but WAY uncomfortable. I suppose the sugar will try to make me hungry this morning, but I'm not giving in! Yesterday was just an off the charts day of eating for me. I'll eat a good dinner tonight..some broiled seafood of some sort will be on my plate. My stomach will just have to growl until then!

Blue....I had to laugh at how you spelled my name 3 different ways within the same post! First Lori, then Lauri, and finally Laurie! That's ok, I knew who you meant and I'll answer to anything!

Hope you had a fun pizza party last night! Yay for a new dress fitting just right! Best feeling in the world!

Speaking of good feelings....the jeans I pulled out to wear to travel are decidedly looser than they were a few weeks ago! If I lose much more, they will need to be replaced. Sad because I really like them. I may look at the Loft website and see if they have them in the next size down. I hate to have to spend the $$, but at least it's for a size down and not up!

Ok, I hear Sis moving around in her room. Time to get this day started. Watch for some beach pics later today!
  #2410   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-19, 05:17

BF:

Blue your new dress sounds so nice. Plus it is one you can wear on a lot of occasions, just change up the accessories and it suits a lot of events. I like that.
congrats on hitting 10 down...that is fab. We are going in the right direction. Sometimes slow but who cares, it is down LOL
Glad you are feeling better finally. But ya know the virus season is approaching, the kids in school will start spreading around all kinds of crud sooner than later, beware HAHA I am just counting my days til we get something around here

Lori sounds like a fab trip happening.
I so get ya on any bloaty feeling. I sure can feel the diff. from that thin good feeling to any kind of gut bloaty nasty that comes my way.
So cool the jeans ya brought with you are a bit looser...that is always a good thing...take the size down!!! You been wanting that hard lard gone for a bit now and it is leaving you as you asked if you have to shop, then go for it, cause a size down is worthing investing some bucks into

Jaz they are shutting it down...very cool....your voice has power! Nice when we get involved there is some action instead of crickets.
enjoy your 2 down, yea you might bounce but think of Bouncing Blue...she bounced a lot of lbs off her so you can too!

HI Nicco and Greg!!

easy day here
off to moms in a bit for some shopping
all good here

this morning was COOL...very cool....shocker. Still gonna hit 86 today tho.
SO CLOSE to hiking again....just have to wait a bit longer. will see when we can get that started again, can't wait for it now....if summer has to be over and my pool closed then give me the darn cold weather so I can hike easy

termite guy coming this morning, hubby will deal
I gotta shower and get this moving to hit the road to moms soon

great day all
  #2411   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-19, 06:43

BF:

Good morning!!! I slept in relatively speaking, until 7:00. Sipping my coffee and trying to focus on today. My first patient isn't until noon- but figure 30 drive time prior (not bad)- then I have time to finish from yesterday. I am averaging doing my charts the following day. My day doesn't have chart time built into the same day. There is always carry over.

One thing is though I have to meet with my manager a couple 3 times a week now first thing in the morning! Her manager is afraid she has been "neglectful"- awesome just what I wanted!

I loved my walk yesterday and plan another one this morning- high today is only going to be 83!!!!!! I am not going know how to act!!!! - WHOOT!!!! It will be back in 90's next week but we get a TASTE of Fall!!!

I am a bit frustrated. I went to find my favorite "pan" to do my chops in. Opened my dish washer knowing it was clean. But when I opened the door- all the dishes looked dirty. Hummmm I must have forgotten to hit the clean button. She I tried to wash them again. No- It turned itself off and I kept smelling a hot smell than then I emptied everything out and noticed a back "crud" on the bottom. So I cleaned that out. Kept the dished out but wanted to see how it ran- pushed the button. Same thing.

So I You Tubed how to fix a dishwasher. I got as far as this gal is going to take it. All the "pieces" are stuffed back in and I had to hand wash everything. I KNOW HAND WASH......URGH...... I almost called 911 last night for a "dying dishwasher".

So now the question is fix or replace? I don't think it's that old. This kitchen was redone a year before I moved in. So I am thinking fix- because it is most likely a CLOG somewhere. Yup learned that on You tube. So a new one will hit the same issues. Sigh...$$$$$$
It's only money right........

I have not decorated at all for Harvest- it is too summer here. It might not cool down till Santa comes-

Eating yesterday- 100%
6-7 oz pork chop, nice size romaine chopped salad with 3 small cherry tomatoes, 1 radish, 1 very small mini 3 bites red potato, sparkling water. 1 6 oz glass wine, and that was it.

I did get hungry last night right before bed. But pushed through it because I was WASHING DISHES! - But I DREAMED about being at a resort with a all you can eat buffet !!!! I really did.

I was dreaming that there was 3 of us there to rob the resort. But we all had to walk through the dining area to get to the safe. We all go side tracked with the Buffett, and decided to eat rather than rob!!! OMG........ WHERE DID THAT COME FROM!!!?????? I was thin too in my dream and blond! -
Maybe I was thinking of LORI- and her vacay and dinners!!!! HAHAH

Speaking of- LORI, LAURI, LAURIE, LURI, LORRIE, LORIE, See...... You are beloved and have many ways to address you! I will be looking forward to the beach pic.

Blue- I see you spitfire feeling better!!!!!!- I hear it in your post! I would totally look into the Y- especially if it free!!!!! Would love to see the link for your dress. I have a dress waiting on me too! Yea you are in yours!!!

Trig- TAKE advantage of today! FINALLY BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!!!!- It's going to get hot again next week- but TODAY and the next 3 days are supposed to be awesome!!!! HIKE!!!
How are you doing on your up down! Any new drops? You still eating your beloved Ribeye????

NIC- You should be looking in the rearview morrow and leaving Atlanta behind you and all the mom drama! Enjoy your girls weekend! Can't wait to hear all about it!
----------------------------------------------------
My son called while I was posting this- he said before I call a maintenance guy out for the dishwasher is to run vinegar and a hard water "flush for dishwashers" first. SMART BOY!!!!! -

Ok- gotta go!!! I am going to enjoy my day, regardless of what gets tossed my way!

Burger thawing for dinner. I am feeling the mood for a nice big COBB salad though. I might treat myself and pick one up. YUM!

Have a good one!
  #2412   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-19, 16:53

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---Hahahahaha. 4 different spellings, I really had to laugh. Truth is I have a colleague who is Laurie and a client who is Lauri. I usually try to stop and think which one I'm addressing on e-mail or here, but obviously this time I just threw them all in the blender.

Your pix of dinner on the ocean was just so yummy looking in all ways. I'd be at that restaurant every night too.

Got my sandwich slims today, a bit nervous as even frozen they smell very cauliflower. But hoping when I toast and season them that flavor will recede enough. Going to try them tomorrow.

Jaz---I dunno, but I never met the dishwasher repair cost that seemed sensible compared to buying a new one. If it gets close to half the cost of a new one, which mine always have, then it's a real crap shoot as to whether the investment will last. BUT, if you can do it by yourself as per smart son's suggestion, YAY.

Sounds like you're pretty solidly back on plan---haha for now, as I always say to myself. Happy you've waved bye bye to 2 pounds.

Trigger---I'm just hoping maybe this flu gave me a few immunities for what's to come w/the fall. Honestly it's enough to make you germ phobic. Every time I go to the grocery store and grab a cart I wonder who just sneezed on it. I know a gal who runs around w/anti bacteria whatever in her jacket pocket, but I've read those things have issues too and can actually make things worse.

I was thinking about you today, how you were saying basically "I can do anything for one day." I really get that and it feels realistic to me. Knowing you can have a good eating day tomorrow is a huge motivation to get thru today! My problem would be my social schedule, that's where I'd struggle if it were a dd. You are so good at going out and watching other people eat, I am NOT.

Nic---Hope you're on your way to chill and fun w/the gals!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been kind of busy this week making up for all that sick down time and some stuff on work projects I had been putting off. So, I've really had to double down and put the pedal to the metal. Been on the computer all dang day, so going to make this short.

Good day on plan for after last night's treat night. Always best for me if I can follow a treat night w/an OMAD day, which is exactly what I'm doing and very comfortably. These days can end up relatively lower cal as well as low carb and tonight will be one of those.

Have a good night all!
  #2413   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-19, 18:50

BF:

PLEASE join me in the passing of a dear friend........ Hats off please and lets all wear black. Pour a glass of your poison and say good bye to my DISHWASHER.

It is ORIGINAL to the house and when I called Frigidaire they told me based on the serial number and model that it was 14 years old (original to home)- and they can send out a repair man for 150. But they don't make parts anymore- TRASH IT..........sighhhhhhh

So the good news. Best time to buy appliances is Sept/ Oct according to "they" . I will budget 400.00
hummmmmmmmm- I want a good one. I want it to last- so I can get my money back when I sell. nobody buys a house with a broken dishwasher. So I might as well get suck it up and get a decent one I can use now!

I had to have a 2 hour meeting with my manager as well- did the yes nod......... Dear god........

I did so well with eating today could not finish all my food. Made fresh Iceland Salmon- wild. it is wild salmon- so rare. Very good fatty. Then stuffed mushrooms. I was so FULL- but low CARBS/ LOW carbs.

Got a chart to finish tomorrow- no energy to do it tonight. DONE.

So I got some fresh homemade apple cake from the fruit stand - it was made today and still warm and filled my car with yummy smell. So glad I am not a sweet tooth.
Got it for the part on Sat. Stuck it on top of the dog food so I don't have to look or smell it. OK- now I am thinking about it- dam- no I don't!!!!!!- go away sweet..... Not sweet- this babe is savory

OK- still 2 pounds down....... no bounce

Tomorrowfull day. PAID tomorrow- THANK GOD- need dish washer!!!

Personal tomorrow

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Sep-20-19 at 04:26.
  #2414   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-19, 05:32

BF:

I am missing LORI's first morning wake me up post!!! OMG those are some Pretty pictures! I have never been there. It is much pretty than I thought. I was thinking it would sorta look like Myrtle Beach. Nope MUCH nicer looking beach.

Oh and those scallops- PLEASE!!!!!-

TRIG- - I see you are up (your "light") is on! Getting the kiddo ready for school! How is your WOE doing? Is it still working for you?
Did you get a hike in yesterday? It was a beautiful day. Going to get hot again!!!! BOO...Take advantage of it!!!!

Blue
- Loved the dress! BYW- it looks just "like" something you would buy! Only a tall gal could pull that off. I am hoping you are almost back to baseline for feeling better!!!

NIC
- So wondering how you are having fun! Sending XOXOXO- for girls weekend!
-------------------------------------------------------
Kids come in tonight- they are staying at my mom's- they aren't real happy about it. I offered they stay here but they like the idea of not sharing a room with the kids. I get it. I have a 2 bedroom.
The grandsons's birthday party is tomorrow. My cousins, and their kids and the Aunts are coming! I think my mom will be on best behavior. She has been cleaning for a week.

I am hopeful - they can mend some bridges. I am tired of always being in the middle.
I am bring decorations, Shrimp platter, and coleslaw, oh and that peach bread. I am going to stop and get some apple butter for it. Sort of a NOD to FALL!!!!!-

Quick post- I have to be on the road by 8- full day!!!
Plus I still have charting from yesterday!

Today's menu. I have hamburger I need to make, as well as a chicken breast. I might cook up the hamburger and freeze it.
I also need to use my asparagus. But I am not into cooking now that I have to HANDWASH everything!!!!!!!

I do know I will be 100% on plan- This is the 4th day of STELLER eating. Bloat gone- scale stuck on the 2 pounds.- gotta run!
  #2415   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-19, 05:53

BF:

Jaz yea I am up and usually Lori beats everyone but she is basking in the glory of vacay at the beach!!

Down day for me today and going very well actually.
I do find my mind wandering more.....like ALL I can eat on my UP day and that isn't good. I need a constant steady balance, I can't have my crazy mind wandering too much LOL but so far so good

STRICT plan is key for you. You get results if you hold it. Just keep thinking 100% on plan today and always eat the good foods on that plan. You are worth buying the good foods to make ya happy and hold plan I know I am worth it also LOL

Hey even with a 2 bed you can do a 'tent fort' in the living room for the kids if needed. In one corner just put up a cheapo tent from Walmart and some sleeping bags and they got their own room to crash. Kids will fall asleep even with the adults in the living room chatting up and then the parents can have a real bedroom......IF THEY can't handle your moms LOL I hope all goes good for everyone! Mend fences is a good thing always.

yea the heat is coming back...into the high 80s with heat index probably into the 90s probably, no fall here yet but this morning was very cool and chilly so it is all changing now. comes slow in the south.

poor dishwasher, first chance I get I will raise a rum and diet pepsi to that sucker---HA

Blue remember one thing.....you can do your down days as you see fit. You can UP day as many as you need to get thru a social event etc....you can change the UP and Down pattern to fit YOUR life. Key thing is on a down day you really can do....you must put in that effort to do just that I know if I make it too strict I won't hold so I realized I can make it fit me and my life as needed but one thing I do know is if it is a down day and a day I certainly can do it, then I have to do it the old JUST DO IT comes into play cause the next day, I can eat as needed on my plan. Only way I can think this thru and make it work for me.

yea early on I realized I can't eat like others so I am now into a place where when they eat in front of me all the good things, yea I get pangs of jealousy, no doubt about that, but it doesn't send me down a killer rabbit hole like it used to do I guess you do enough years at something it does get a little bit easier.

I also keep a thought in my head is that every kcal I don't eat is a plus for me so I just think on a down day, even if I eat 700 kcals, it is a long way from 1800 kcals so I did great anyway ya cut it. All kcals never consumed is a good thing HAHA

HI ALL

so today is down day

snow crab legs on sale, everyone wants them so off to the grocery for some.

I researched them again. 1 lb. snow crab ranges from 480 to 580 on the kcals out there according to what site you check. I am cook with that. 1 lb. of crab legs for me and ONLY 1 PAT of butter to dip it all.....must be super sparing on the butter on a down day....so 580 to 680 with 1 lb legs and 1 pat butter. I bet I lick the butter bowl when done HAHA

So crab tonight for dinner time. Just doing water and maybe broth if needed to get me to dinner.

Luckily woke up not hungry at all, food not on the mind so that is always a help during any day in my life so think this day will be easy today.

nothing much doing
this and that
off to grocery in a bit
got AC off late last night, opened windows. COLD in the house this morn...69 which is great...save a buck on elec. and I can buy a lot more crab legs...oh yea

ONE frozen meal I bought I liked but at 160 kcals. I can eat 3 easily and want probably 4. Steak and portabella mushrooms with broccoli. Lean Cuisine. kinda salty which is rare for this salt monster to mention...but if salty to ME...then it has to be kinda salty LOL But at like $2.89 a pop....I don't think they are worth eating 3-4 per day on a down day.....SO I am going to just make it at home. Some brocc, some thin sliced steak, mushrooms and into any little bit of sauce I desire for the day, be it alfredo to wet for taste, or garlic butte sauce or I am thinking of hitting the internet for 'sauces' in a jar. My area is boondock type country area, while not isolated the stores around me don't carry fancy stuff at all....ain't driving into Charlotte to find fancy jar sauces so gonna hit the internet and find some that are good additions for taste changes and add to whatever meal I make just to 'be a treat, taste change' and out of a jar I can use and reuse on down days and just make life easy on me instead of cooking sauces.....so will research a place to find good fancy sauces that are tasty.....anyone know of such a site to recommend?

anywho...off I go to get ready to hit the grocery fast for crab.

all good here

great day all
Closed Thread