Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-16, 09:03

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Good Morning All! I need to thank you all for your heartfelt condolences. I need to remember that we ALL go through with this and I should not cloister myself away when the pain hits me hard. Sharing is therapeutic. And thank you for sharing yourselves with me.

This morning I am down 2 lbs, but I still have 3.6 to go to be back to square.

ROX - Congrats on getting down today! You will probably make it! There have been times when I thought it would not happen, then I awaken on CN morning to find myself under my goal! Don't you love when that happens? Well, I hope it happens to you before Saturday!

I will be patient and wait for a whoosh to happen. I will not be disappointed if it does not happen by Saturday. I will simply have a low carb Bonfire Party. I have turkey brats! I can have a few of those, make some deviled eggs, and some of my HOMEMADE PICKLES! Yes, today is PICKLE DAY and I need to get the brine rolling this morning!

You all have a great day, and thank you again! I hope we all have a decent and well-deserved LOSS this week!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-16, 09:36

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Cool good morning all!!

ROX......congrats on that 1.5 loss yesterday morning . i'm crossing fingers for another loss for you today

PEGGY......those are awesome reminders that your loved ones are always with you

PAULETTE......nice going on the 2 lb loss yesterday
i hope a bit of that 3.6 comes off today for you
my sister brought me homemade pickles yesterday! they were awesome
glad you are feeling a bit better

have a great day ladies
  #228   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-16, 12:19

BF:

Good morning all

I am down another lb this morning, but with 2.6 to go to be back to square by tomorrow morn. Doubtful I will reach it, but you never know...

We decided to put off the bonfire party on Saturday as it is supposed to rain all day and night tomorrow. That is good - I will not have to worry about doing a CN. Now I can have a few more days to reach my goal.

Ed is making stuffed peppers today, but I will not partake of them. I am doing my spinach/pepperoni salad and a pork steak today. I made the pickles yesterday, so I am going to test some today to see how delicious they are.

Our peppers are absolutely GIANT. One fills my whole hand. If there are some leftover stuffed peppers in a few days I may try one on a CN! One will be a full meal!

Have a nice day all, and a great weekend! I hope you all hit your goals! Who is having a CN tomorrow?
  #229   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-16, 12:49

BF:

Here is a picture of the GIANT green pepper!

#230   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-16, 16:04

Cool paulette....

holy smokes! that thing is HUUUGE!!!!!
[that's what she said]
  #231   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-16, 16:12

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieL
holy smokes! that thing is HUUUGE!!!!!
[that's what she said]

They are the biggest gol' dern peppers I ever seen. And this is not even Texas!

The stuffed peppers Ed made smell wonderful, but I refuse to eat carbs. I WAS going to have a pork steak, but I was too lazy to cook it. Good thing I am not really hungry. There are still about 3 hrs to go until bedtime.... I have a yogurt shake on the menu if I want it before bed. Today will be a low cal day for me. I hope I see a loss in the am.
  #232   ^
Old Sat, Aug-20-16, 06:12

Cool good morning troops!!

CN tonight.......we have a groupon that expires next weekend, and this is the only day we can go since the restaurant is 1 hr away AND scott's band has a gig next saturday

PAULETTE.....congrats on another pound down .....i'm routing for another loss for you this morning
i needs me some of them there giant peppers in yellow, orange and red!!
good for you for being strong and not partaking in the carbs . wish i was that strong

i have not lost anything lately....just remaining stable for the most part. i am not at goal, but i am not putting in all-out effort to get to that until school starts again......i need a routine!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!
  #233   ^
Old Sat, Aug-20-16, 06:44
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

That is one HUGE pepper, Paulette. I got a pair of monsters last year at the store for stuffing. But they are rare at my two stores.

I'm down to 184.2 (down 1#) today, Carb Nite. Please to have hit 184 again. Now if I can just not bounce too much by morning. Today is CN.

Hope everyone sees further losses this week! Have a great day today. Ours is predicted to be rainy again.

Last edited by Buttoni : Sat, Aug-20-16 at 10:15.
  #234   ^
Old Sat, Aug-20-16, 10:38

BF:

Good morning everyone on this rainy day!

I am only down .2 this morning. With 2.4 left before I hit square, I am most certainly not having a CN today. I never did get a good whoosh, and I hope giving this a few more days will accomplish that.

I have noticed that when I have an unstructured mishmash of a CN, my losses are nil. I must avoid this if possible. I always had good losses when I planned a good low-fat CN. And that is what I intend to do with my upcoming CN.

I have a couple big stuffed peppers in the freezer for the day. I am not sure when that day will be. Perhaps on Tuesday? Lately I have been doing weekends because that is when the "parties" happened. Our bonfire party will probably be next weekend. If I wait for next weekend that may be too long a stretch. I know the big rule of CNS is to have one a "week" to keep the hormones in good rotation. I need to keep this in mind. I can't let the LC stint go too long. Will 2 weeks be too long?????

I may have to do a LC bonfire party next weekend if we have it and do my CN on Tuesday because that will be 10 days. I think that should be the way it is.

Well I am glad to hear the rest of us are doing well this past week. Enjoy your CNS, and may we ALL have good luck this coming week!
  #235   ^
Old Sat, Aug-20-16, 10:45

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieL
i needs me some of them there giant peppers in yellow, orange and red!!
good for you for being strong and not partaking in the carbs . wish i was that strong

I have many more sitting in the garden turning colors right now. I wish you were here to enjoy them there peppers!

You have a happy CN tonight! You can get back to basics when this summer is done. Enjoy yourself!
  #236   ^
Old Sat, Aug-20-16, 11:21

BF:

I cooked up that pork steak for lunch and enjoyed it very much. I have a yogurt shake planned for a snack, or I may have more coffee instead. Then tonight I will have a spinach salad with chicken and Creamy Avocado Dressing. Today will be around 1000 cals. Yesterday was very low, too. I don't have much of an appetite lately. Strange how that happens. It can change on a dime, though.
  #237   ^
Old Sat, Aug-20-16, 15:13
Patience Personified

Paulette, my thoughts. Since Kiefer says you only get a 4-day fat-burning hormonal advantage with CNS, will it really help to stretch your CN out to 10 days? Logic is saying to me it won't. I only did that one time. I think it was the week I bounced 4.5# (having begun my CN that time at noon and doing basically two carb-y meals), but I only lost 1 more pound in the waiting 3 extra days. But I do know we are all different and maybe stretching the CN's out 10 days works better for you.
  #238   ^
Old Sat, Aug-20-16, 15:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Oh man, would I love some beautiful peppers like that Paulette. What beauties!

Sorry you didn't get your whoosh this week. Maybe if you do wait a couple more days, you will get. If you have CN on Tuesday, maybe do very low fat clean CN and then have a moderate CN next weekend for the bonfire. Just a thought.

Chrissie, sorry you are not losing, maybe your body is catching up, at least it is not gaining.

Peggy and I are part of the 184.0 club, both of us same this morning. I was down .5 this morning, I am okay with that as I feel so much smaller and better this week.

Have a great CN when it is your night.
Rox
  #239   ^
Old Sun, Aug-21-16, 09:26

BF:

Good Morning Everyone

I whooshed the last 2.4 lbs finally, so now I am back to square. Better late than never. My decision to go 10 days was good, I guess. So whatever I lose in the next 2 days is happiness.

PEGGY - I agree with you about the length of LC time. Keifer did say that after 4 days, things start leveling out again. I believe I simply over-did it on my last CN. And it took longer than normal to reach the state of ketosis. I need to be more careful with my CNs. I must plan them carefully and follow them.

ROX - Yes! That is exactly what I plan to do. I am planning my Tuesday CN now. Low fat and clean. I will get at least 2 good spikes in there. My Stuffed Pepper will be the star, but I need more carbs with it. I am thinking of some good ol' white rice. That will give me a good spike. White rice is very glycemic.
I have a box of Brownie Mix, and I may make those using a can of soda. I made them before and they turned out well. Those will give me a good nighttime spike with minimal fat. And that is the plan. Let's see if it is a good one!

CHRISSIE-DOODLE - I hope you enjoyed your CN yesterday and have a small manageable bump today. What restaurant did you go to? Was it worth the drive????

---------

Last night I got hungry, so I had some swiss cheese with my Avocado dressing as a dip. My calories for yesterday were in the 1200 range. Today I am having a ham & pepperoni salad on regular iceberg lettuce. I ran out of spinach. I don't really like the flavor of iceberg lettuce, but it will have to do. That is the only lettuce Ed will eat so it happens to be around and I might as well eat it. For dinner I took out a nice big cod fillet to thaw. I will have that and finish up the Avocado dressing which I like even better than tartar sauce on my fish! I am weird.

I gotta get to the store to buy more spinach and avocados today. I wish they would go on sale!!!!!

You all have a great Sunday!
  #240   ^
Old Sun, Aug-21-16, 10:14
Patience Personified

You're making me want stuffed peppers WITH REAL WHITE RICE, Paulette. May be what I make this Saturday's carb nite. But I bought 4 red potatoes to maked a big pot of tater mash last night and Lance voted to eat out. Maybe I'll put my unstuffed pepper recipe together and top it with some tater mash like Shepherd's Pie this Saturday. Then I can kill two birds with one stone. LOL

Yes, I'm happy to be down to 184 Sat. morning weigh in. Had a 3.4# bounce today. Chug-a-lugging my water today. Hope everyone has a nice day! Rainy here again, but got my walking in between two rounds of sprinkles this morning. Man, I don't remember WHEN Central Texas has gotten this much continuous rain in AUGUST! We're usually triple digit temps all of August and Sept. The rain is cooling us down a bit. (upper 80's and muggy).