Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#226   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 05:27

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

PAULETTE:
DAY 1.....2/09/16: 209.2
2.....2/10/16: 208.8
3.....2/11/16: 208.4
4.....2/12/16: 210.0
5.....2/13/16: 212.0
6.....2/14/16: 210.2
7.....2/15/16: 210.4
8.....2/16/16: 208.6
9.....2/17/16: 206.6
* CN...2/18/16: 207.4
DAY 1.....2/19/16: 209.6
2.....2/20/16: 208.6
3.....2/21/16: 208.4
4.....2/22/16: 207.6 (surgery day)
5.....2/23/16: 212.4
6.....2/24/16: 211.8
* CN.....2/25/16: 210.0
DAY 1.....2/26/16: 211.4
2.....2/27/16: 208.8
3.....2/28/16: 209.2
4.....2/29/16: 207.0
5.....3/01/16: 206.8

No big whoosh today, just a little trickle.

It just dawned on me that I may NOT have the money to go out on my upcoming CN - so the whole Mexican food idea is shot. Now I must try and work out a new plan, and time is running short. With all the talk of potatoes, I was considering something with them - but then I remembered that I kind of hate potatoes, unless they are fried. And I don't want those either. Yes...CN is hard. I have no inkling of what I can make now.

To tell you the truth, nothing really sounds good to me right now. My ingredients in the house are very limited. I have proteins, but nothing in the way of carbs, except for some potatoes and some flour. I may have to make something like Chicken & Dumplings. That may work...

CHELLE - I find lentils disgusting, too! AND cilantro! Both of those together is a true nightmare!

Tuna salad on spinach for lunch today and a baked chicken leg quarter for dinner. I made a new batch of creamy avocado dressing yesterday so I will really enjoy my salad today. I may throw on a bit of cottage cheese to boot.

You all have a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 05:39

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Last night for supper I had deli chicken and fried zucchini noodles. Did I mention how much I love these noodles?

I'm up early this morning. DD has been sick to her stomach since she game home from school (Grade 9). This is something that she had had since she was a baby. Years later was finally diagnosed as having cyclical vomiting syndrome (abdominal migraines). Thankfully the past few years she has not had to be hospitalized with dehydration. I heard here this morning at 3 getting sick, so I got up and have been awake since.

I'm enjoying a cup of coffee with HWC. I've been cutting back on my sweeteners and am getting used to it. I'm going to take salad again for lunch - same as yesterday, using up some of the chicken.
  #228   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 07:33

BF:

LIANNE - I'm sorry to hear of your daughter. I hope she starts feeling better today. I have never heard of cyclical vomiting syndrome. I feel very bad for her.

I hope your day goes well for you.
  #229   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 08:34
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

GM CN'ers
PAULETTIE~~~ I am sorry to hear that eating out is no go ...never heard of a tater I did not like!
I have no doubt you will come up with a fantatic alternative to eating out . For a whole lot less you could pick up a little something as well??? MAYBE??? Darned end of the month slackers you have! That slide maybe a ride in the kidddie park, but at least you can now get on it and fit ALL time low returns and is soon to be yours and THEN down more

LIANNE I am sorry to hear about your daughter. That is such a rare deal..I had one adult patient with that disorder and so frustrating not to be able to come up with a cause. Keeping Pedialyte on hand must be a necessity in you home. Hope she is back to her self soon
You and PAULETTE are foodies for certain. I looked in Wallyworld for the vegetti and did not see it. My friend.. that I did stay with in S. FL is a major district Tupperware distributor sales..whaterever..person and of course they sell their version of it.. for a mere $99.00.... uh.. not unless it come WITH A CHEF! I had no clue that toy sold for so much. I have a slicer majig that Carl of course bought ( buys all these PIA tools that need to be taken apart and 100 moving parts cleaned) and I can just slice thin as I want for broader noodles I guess or slice into strips first.. waaaayyyy too much work for this lazy old gal.

SO, LIANNE>>> ENJOY the noodles I will have the real thing on CN if I get desparate for that stuff...I loke egg noodles with either parm * butter and garlic; or cold with cottage cheese and raisens... or a kuegel

ROX... ~~ read about your food in your J.. wow you are the chef. .Your palette is far more educated than mine, and your menu is absolutely foriegn to me Looks wonderful.
I do not focus on the foods..or at least I had not done so until this CN planning deal . It is tiring enough to have to do that for one meal let alone everyday!
Putting all that into your tracker must be a lot of work!!

Hitting the shower now and maybe weigh in now or wait until my normal 11 AM time when I am ready for my morning coffee.

BBL
  #230   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 09:23

BF:

LOL Cricket! Morning coffee at 11am! I have already eaten my lunch by that time!
  #231   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 09:47
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
LOL Cricket! Morning coffee at 11am! I have already eaten my lunch by that time!

That's because I am getting to sleep when you get up!!!

Well, I was about to hit the shower.. water all nice and hot and steamy in there.. and the phone rang..( have extensions in just about every room) when Jodi called ( from atop her horse) that I HAD TO GET OUT THERE FAST.WITH A FLAKE OF HAY!! huh?? One of the horses was breaking out of the pasture..grass greener there (?).. so I gt dressed, run to the barn, got the golf cart and hay..sigh... horses !~#$%^&*(
Now having my coffee at this unGodly hour of 9:30AM!! and to make matters worse I am having a shoe repair sole disguised as a hamburger (from last night) withthe coffee...I weighed in. #$%^&* up 0.4..and I KNOW it would have been less..so I guess not too bad..still...GRRRRR...

I AM waiting March 8th for CN #3. I want to gove myself more recovery time.I may just keep putting it off until I see that the losses are not happening or I am tempted to go off..Better to go on CN in a planned manner to ensure the release of hormones and not just carbs !
I am really up in the air. Once i get below this dratted 160 I will see. THis is my new set point.. was 150. WOnder what this will be now. After I got below 150 it all fell off easily to 130 and then 125. SO, ULC is it for me certainly and this plan will be for me as well.. but just as in ATKINS, there are individualized components to be adjusted.. carbs... calories etc.. for this plan, it is the intervals of CN and F&P....

I have also been considering the original purpose or premis of the CNS plan. If it is to repleat the hormones that become depleted after time, then why not be able to use th very best of both WORLDS ?? For me, A person that does not much care about eating or foods and does it to just not feel hungry, basic plain foods are my pal. Atkins' induction is fine in fact.. well. except for the berries now and then or a few nut seeds. So, with that being the case, why would it not work to do CN intermittentely to get the jiuces going?? I do not have a huge amount to lose..enough for certain, so maybe this will work better.. In fact, going as much as 14 days between CN is what is offered as a good diea if having to lose a lot of weight... so I think this is a good deal and idea. At least for me. Gives me the benefit of controlls with the basics and then the hormonal burst for the 4 days...Leaning more to that.
ANY thoughts on this?
  #232   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 10:15

BF:

CRICKET - Hey - whatever works for you! The book did say that after a week, the hormones stop cycling, and the weekly CN just keeps them cycling. But if a much longer interval between keeps you losing, then why not? The eventual CN will get the cycle going again. I know we are all different! Some say they can have as little as 4 days between CNs (I suspect these are the super active peeps), but those of us who need a longer loss window could never manage to LOSE without longer keto-periods. Makes perfect sense. Why not do it that way if you feel more comfortable? Who knows - I may decide to go longer if I don't see any significant losses. I will still give this a couple months before I do change-ups. Too early for me to tell yet.
  #233   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 10:36
Registered Member

BF:

PAULETTE~~ you also have to consider the glucose rollercoaster so hcanging too quickly is not good idea...You are doing nicely and I guess I am too.. just so up in the air and these features of the plan are hitting me. FOr me, It was not the long stall that you had.FOR you this is the only thing that made a whit of sense..especially with the crazy hormones you had! I think I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO THINK!!! I will go longer between to let me recover from water gains... I am not in Ketosis yet. I have to see how that interval is as well. AGE does have an impact here I first feel more normal today so having a CN in a few days is just to me!
Nothing written in stone!
  #234   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 11:31

Plan: VLC - Atkins Style
Stats: 260/218/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 53%

DUSTI
1.....2/18/16: 219.4
2.....2/19/16: 217.8
3.....2/20/16: 218.4
4.....2/21/16: 216.0
5.....2/22/16: 215.6
6.....2/23/16: 216.0
7.....2/24/16: 214.8
8.....2/25/16: 215.6
9.....2/26/16: 214.2
* CN...2/27/16: 214.8
1.....2/28/16 no weight
2.....2/29/16 no weight
3.....2/30/16 215.00

Good morning ladies! I did a spot check weight today and I am doing a-ok. I'm right in the range I was prior to CN and four more days to lose before the next one. I'm taking it much easier this next time. I really need to stay away from gluten if I can. We are going to Red Lobster for CN and I love those cheddar bay biscuits so I'll have to cut the gluten in other ways.

I was pretty hungry yesterday so ate a good breakfast this morning - coffee and cream, 1/3 cp yogurt and a 2 egg omelet with cheese, two mushrooms and some spinach. Yum! For lunch and dinner I have a spinach salad with flax oil/vinegar dressing and a baked chicken breast. I'll have a cup of coffee with coconut oil and cream around 3. Hopefully that gets me through better today.

Not much else to report.

Paulette, you cracked me up when you said you were going to have potato for carb night until you remembered you didn't like potatoes. LOL. Funny stuff! Have you ever made your own flour tortillas? Super easy and I bet you have everything you need on hand. Maybe you could work that into your CN somehow. I see you are at your lowest number since starting CN. That's awesome!

Lianne - So sorry to hear about your daughter and those abdominal migraines. It sounds like they can wipe her out for several days at a time. Poor girl

Chelle - I hope you are feeling 100% better today!

Rox - you deleted your post. Did we run you off already???

Cricket - Horses are a pain, aren't they? It's like they just try to get in trouble and/or hurt themselves every chance they get.
I think it is great that you are adapting the timing of your CN's to meet your personal needs. This has to be sustainable and if you are dreading cn and making yourself sick you aren't going to want to stick with it for long. You have a lot of wisdom and experience and are smart to tap into that when making decisions for yourself.

For me, I know my metabolism is broken - from many years of yo-yo dieting and hormonal issues from having a full hysterectomy at 36 leading to instant surgical menopause. I'm hopeful that having a carb night every seven days will help me work through this stall. Having carbs for one evening doesn't mean I have to eat junk carbs. There are many nutritious options such as whole grains and starchy veggies too. Once the new and excitement wears off I suspect I'll gravitate to the more better (lol) stuff.

Have a good day!
  #235   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 11:46

Plan: VLC - Atkins Style
Stats: 260/218/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 53%

I forgot to mention that I am down 1 inch in my waist today! My hips are about the same, maybe a 1/4 inch difference, but it's hard to tell for sure.
  #236   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 12:25
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/137/130 Female 61 inches
BF:25%
Progress: 83%

Repost from my journal:
Quote:
I'm pretty much settled in to my newest n=1.

Eat LCHF within a 6 hour window. This lets my body fast at least 18 contiguous hours out of every 24. One day every 7 days unrestricted eating within that 6 hour window.

It is my hope that my body will be kept off balance and my metabolism will rise. If I find myself having difficulty going back to LCHF after a refeeding day, I'll have to reconsider.
I've obviously made my own adaptations to the plan you guys are following. I was struggling with diarrhea and added a probiotic to help me with that.

I wanted to ask if anybody is checking blood glucose? I'm logging body temp, weight, measurements, first thing after arising BG ( FBG ) and BG after meals ( PP ). Starting today, I'm cutting my eating window to 4 hours to see if that helps. If you are checking your BG, how high are your spikes on refeed days (CN)?

My weight loss is minimal, but I'm used to that. Just trying to lower that weight setpoint over time. My waist is down an inch and also an inch down on what I call the belly (that is, the belly button part of the stomach).
  #237   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 12:34

Plan: Carb Nite Solution
Stats: 22/14/06 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 50%

Good afternoon!

Dusti that is the best news ever! Woo hoo on that inch!! you go girl!!! I have a recipe for the LC version of those cheddar bay biscuits that isnt bad.

Paulette woo hoo for trickles!!!! Yippee!!!! Oddly eventually CN isnt really such a big deal anymore. I never though it would happen but yep! Have you ever tried making the fried potato balls? Its just mashed potatoes with onion, spices and some type of a binder. I use potato starch since dh cant do regular flour. You roll them in a ball and fry in bacon grease. They are delicious. Im not a potato gal but love those!

Cricket, ugh on the escapee! Got to love those critters but they can sure be a pain some times. I was reading a book last night that was more targeted towards women. In her research she draws from CN, Bullet proof and whole 30. I do not see why a CN here and there wouldnt work. The author was stating what is different to women with all these plans. She advocated CN every 4-5 but clean carbs such as sweet potato and white rice. I've got to finish reading it yet.

Lianne I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. Poor girl! I hope she is feeling better and you get some good sleep tonight!

My day began with a bang! My littlest dog likes to sleep under the sheets with his head on my stomach. I got woken at 3 with the little rat vomiting on me! UGH!!! talk about a rude awakening!

My stomach finally feels normal! Yeah! I decided to weigh today since my jeans are pretty baggy right out of the dryer. I got one of those scales for Christmas that syncs to my phone. I didnt really look at the number too close as the time as i had a friend popping over

I looked at the app on my phone after my guest left and I am down 13.2 since the first week of Jan. I'm a slow loser so I think the recent tummy issue likely gave that a bit of a boost. Guess thats why my undies and pants fit horribly Dh informed me last night I have saggy butt jeans. Guess a trip to the thrift store is in my future for pants.

I never did get to the fried radishes. I've read they are pretty good!!! If not they are cheap so I wont feel bad tossing them.

Todays eats~

Coffee with 1 T coconut oil, 2 T collagen protein and 1 T butter. A big chunk of soft mozzarella

The last chunk of soft mozzarella ( Love this stuff. I finished the 8 oz blob between last night and today)

I have a big crock of mock potato soup in the crock pot for dinner. YUM YUM!!!!

I'm hungry now and am going to cottage cheese.

Back to the book I mentioned further up. I might give this a go with the clean CN every 4-5 days and the required targeted exercise on those days. I'm still debating the issue. CN obviously works just fine but I dont always feel too perky the day after. Here is the biggie with that plan. Absolutely not booze is permitted ever. Every other weekend Dh and I have a bottle of wine. I do love wine but would be willing to give it up 2 x a month. Heres the real biggy..... It wants you to try the first 3 weeks without cheese and cottage cheese Basically no dairy trial for 3 weeks. EEEKKKK

Its still no counting required like CN since it is a spin off of it targeted towards women but there is not the leeway with the days like CN. I get clearance mid march to start lifting again. Who ever thought I would miss that? Surely not me! I guess I like the feeling of getting stronger and only being in competition with myself.

Last edited by **Chelle : Tue, Mar-01-16 at 13:01.
  #238   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 14:27

BF:

GLENDA - I am a diabetic and check my BG 3x daily. On reg LC days it is between 80-130. Higher in the am - around 140-180 due to the morning phenomenon.

On my CN it can spike very high to well over 300 if I don't use enough insulin to regulate it. I find I can get it down to normal within 2 hours after eating. I use a sliding scale, and I must know exactly how many carbs I am going to consume each time. I had no problem controlling it after this last CN. Being diabetic makes CN even more difficult so very close control and planning is crucial.

Congrats on the inch loss!!!!!
  #239   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 14:35
Registered Member

BF:

HI DUSTI... Rox used a name that I do not use on social media ever. That is why it was deleted.I thank her for doing that.

ALthough anyone I write to here is welcome to e-mail me, and I share my name there, it is not used here. GREAT on the inch NSV!!! AND congrats on weiging in
TY for the nice encouragements to follow my deal which WILL be as protocol follow for CN 100% in the book..there is some flexibilty there for that adjustment.

THIS thread is for CARB NITE FOLLOWERS and that is so we can compare what foods etc works for us and how we are reacting to the sequences doing the same plan. Not comparing donuts to apples.

CHELLE... not keen on what that diet has to say. It may work for you..and it is interesting to see what is out there.. alays something new to cash in on it seems it is against what Kiefer wrote that never have a CN before 5 days and that was not great. ( you talked me into this plan LOL )I will take that as a good idea to cycle the hormones. AND that pin pointed exercises deal?? UH NO THANKS enjoy As it is I see Kiefer pretty much stealing Atkins with remake on the naming foods F;N;or P..that is a little too simplistc personally but if it works then fine AND THANKFULLY figuring out the hormonal influences!! THAT was the golden egg for me. Real breakthrough info and not just rehashing all the other plans.

GLENDA.. hello. So you are not doing CN as far as I can tell.There is no IF here. In fact, it is a feed the furnace plan and builds on foods not taking them away.Unrestricted eating?
Just not for me at all. This does not seem like a plan that is reasonable to the system. Starve and load? I know there are so many different plans out there and a lot of different experimenting with them.
I will adjust basics here of the recommnded foods and CN as written and space the timing as indicated in the book as allowable and that is all. Not mixing big different plans together. SO, GOOD LUCK sincerely and hope it can work for you.
  #240   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 14:38

BF:

HW - congrats on being back to pre-CN so quickly! It will only be downhill from here!

I agree with you on eventually gravitating towards cleaner carbs. The novelty of actually being able to EAT them right now is so new that I tend to want to eat the most sinful stuff possible - just because I have not had it in so very long! But I am finding that the novelty is wearing off, and I would prefer more healthful choices. Which is why I am trying to make my own low fat, high protein muffins. I can get the sweet sensation without all the calories and nasty ingredients. I can control the nutrition within them.

But being as I like sweeter things, I will always prefer a muffin over an icky old potato or boring old rice. Sweet potatoes are icky, too.

I am sure I will evolve in my own manner. We all have our own preferences.
Closed Thread