Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2236   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-18, 08:13

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- I definitely recommend Allbirds-- they are great shoes! They aren't great for a full long ten mile walking day but fine for every day. They are also great for hot weather (go sockless) and you can throw them in the washer.

Trig- Have a fun day at the lake! It is hot enough for sure!

Jaz- Wow, that review was a surprise! You sure did deserve those scores though, for sure.

Sorry about the car insurance. Who do you currently have?

••••••••••

It is going to be hot hot hot today and for the next few days. We are planning to go to see the Incredibles with the kids and their SOs. I'm thinking something simple later on like hot dogs on the grill or grilled chicken and corn. Summery and light.

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #2237   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-18, 08:21

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning to a FULL HOUSE!

Working on my coffee- not fully awake. Talked to the son- he is about to hit the road and should arrive in 10 hours from now! Have a ton to do before he gets here. Will take it slow and it will all get done- on island time!!!!! YUP-

So I looked up the ALLBIRDS shoes. My question is- do they SUPPORT the arch. I have seriously flat arches and need a high arch in a shoe. Otherwise they look comfy. Do you wear them with socks? For the price, do they hold up? they look $$$. It looked like they only had 2 styles.

Nic- see above! - are you settled back? When is your Canada gig? did you happen to know that in Oct. The ENTIRE country is going to recreational legal weed? Just saying...... perfect time to schedule a trip up north!!! - HAHA-

Lori- congrats on just 3 pieces of pizza and scaring the topping off! that is the way to go. Dough does not belong in our bodies!
I hear ya on HOT HOT HOT!!!!!! Is is me or did it go from cold and solid rain to HOT and stormy overnight? Good luck on your Gold game- I know you will do well. And even if not- great way to get your walking in!!!!!!

Blue- I would love to see your rooms as you style them! So once you are done- are you still using them? Do you have help? Who is doing your painting? I wish I had a handy man!
Plus you are still working on a project and having time to read a great book! Good for you- perfect work life balance. But just know- all the chaos is TEMPORARY!!!! You WILL more than likely spend the holidays in your NEW HOME!!!!!! Keep that thought! And it will be here before you know it!
If you come across your Christmas decorations - take 1 out and hang it somewhere you can see it as a reminder where it is GOING!!!!! I love visuals!

Trig- now comes the laundry, but relaxing in your pool. As much as I love travel - there is something about my home space! I love.
Is the camper cleaned up and read for your next adventure? You know it's funny we have talked on here about those TINY HOUSES. So I was watching an episode last night. I just DON'T get the appeal. I would rather do your set up. If it were my house on wheels! What are they thinking?

Are you still doing lighter meats? - I too have found a tablespoon of gravy can transform a meal- from ok- to grand! And it doesn't take much! I haven't used my Instant pot since I have moved in. Not sure why- I am liking my grill when it's not to hot, or even turn on my oven. HOWEVER I am thinking about getting a small counter top convection oven/ or air fryer. It's just bulky and another thing to store.
Thinking about it.

Kmom- post when you can- is the SD with you this weekend?
------------------------------------------------------------
Packing, light. Swimsuits, shorts, flip flops, and beach towels- floaty, and good to go! I am taking my laptop- I am too addicted to unplug.
Tried on the swimsuits- they fit with "room" to spare actually! I bought them new last year and they still look great. I did however get a new super cute- coverup. It's really cute- scarfy and beach- perfect for putting on and walking. super light weight. got it on sale for 12 bucks- it's a tropical pattern.

I need to work on insurance this morning- do my budget- and laundry. Sheets and towels, and light shopping for the coolers. Stop and the wine store! WINK!!!!- I may tuck some Purity Vodka for the day time, wine with dinner! HAHAHAH
Case of water.

We are to pull out of here about 7 am tomorrow. - we can get at noon. It comes up as 5 hours 4 minutes! Perfect amount of time. Longer just gets tiring!!!!!

Boy these big box stores are really competing for the delivery business aren't they?!?!?!? Now Target and Walmart have same day delivery! Giving Amazon a run for the money.

Ok- Ladies- things to do. Not sure about food. I need to scounge something. Have both chicken and salmon thawing for the kid. I don't know if I am in the mood for that.

I have been on a Cobb salad kick lately. So good.

Have a great Saturday
  #2238   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-18, 09:04

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz ya leave today for St. Simon, check in when ya can and tell us how much ya love the hotel pool SO HOT you will have to swim to survive LOL

Nicco the grill is a smart thing, we are eating a lot lighter right now also cause of the super hot heat out there. I love no oven on at all thru the summer! I desperately have to hit the grocery. No eggs and hubby is NOW doing more LC and cutting bread and I have to be sure there is a lot more 'smaller meat cuts' around for him to jump on at any time. He is a newbie type LC'er so I have to stock up a lot for him to survive the change of way less bread and keep his tummy happy, so big grocery shop tomorrow but will be buying lighter smaller foods and keep it super simple. Too hot to do anything else when it comes to food in this hi heat.

Hey everyone

quickie again mostly.
got laundry going
had a blast at lake. we swam and goofed but did not kayak. so hot. water was almost as hot as bath water literally off the dock..whew. big big Tstorm blew in and a lot of lightening and we pushed it in the lake and had to kinda run for our lives when the lightening got close and huge LOL yea we that dumb I ate a lot of mom's meatballs and scratched off a lot of the sauce and they were delish, I slathered them in that cheapo kraft parm cheese from a bottle HAHA they were good tho LOL

have some stuff to do around here still...then later into the pool I go float and relax. Thinking I am going to do a big old diet pepsi and rum and chillax to the maxx. Yes I am in a summer party mood.

I also am eating less. I kinda am doing a 1 meal and everything else liquid menu. I got clear broth and crystal light and diet soda (and yes even tho these are fake sweeteners I don't care right now and I don't care about bloating up on the soda a bit), key is NO food and 1 less meal. Keep it 0 calories on liquids mostly and 1 meal per day. And we shall SEE how this goes down for me HAHA You know me, who knows, might last a day or might be the best thing I ever did....who knows?? well I like to experiment a bit on me.

let ya know how I do on things. In a mood to monkey around with food and eating etc. Hope I find a good place to land

good day all!!
  #2239   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-18, 12:31

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

HI!

Major panic here as our Internet is down! Checking in from my phone using my data plan.

Just home from playing golf.... 95 degrees...ugh. Hitting the shower in a minute.

Have fun Jazz.

Trig.. Let us know what eating plan you land on.

Hugs to everyone.... Technician scheduled to come Tuesday to figure out our Internet issues. What a pain.

Later!
  #2240   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-18, 15:23

BF:

Jaz- I would say that Allbirds have the average support of your average shoe like Keds or Converse. Not big time support like you might find in a running or walking shoe. I don't wear mine with socks except in the winter.

Canada is in early August.

Glad you are packed up and your swimsuits are good to go. Not sure if you are arriving there today or on Monday. I guess Sunday. Either way, you are going to be there for the Fourth of July, right? You are lucky you got a place at a decent price given it is over the holiday week.

Trig- Yeah we are all about the grill this week with temps hitting 100 degrees NOT counting heat index. It is brutally hot. Shades are down all throughout the house to keep it cooler. I mowed the grass today and LORDY it was hot. I went straight from the yard into the pool!

Glad your DH is jumping on board the LC train with you.

Lori- Can't believe you played golf in this heat! That is some dedication right there!

••••••••••••••

I've got an inexpensive outdoor wifi speaker on order to arrive tomorrow, along with a couple of more pool floats so we will be all set up for the holiday and just floating around in the pool. Some yahoo set off fireworks last night so we had the pooches down in the basement for a while because it freaks them out.

DH and I went to see "Tag" today- it was fine but not amazing. Yesterday we went to see The Incredibles 2 with all the kids and it was really cute. Using that MoviePass!

I think I probably will go to ATL for a few days to check on my Mom, shore her up and see what her place is looking like.
  #2241   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-18, 17:37

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Grrrrrrrrrrr. Lost a nice long juicy post. My fault, computer ran out of charge and I wasn't keeping an eye on it. Not going to re-do all personals now, will do so tomorrow.

Will just say for myself that I sure worked my booty off this weekend. And so did hubby. LOL, wonder if there's a "fit bit" for cleaning out a house? Between yesterday and today, I cleaned the two large windows in my newly re-painted office. I can see why no one "does windows." These were particularly labor intensive as they are old leaded glass, divided into diamonds by metal, so one must get into every little corner, both sides as they open into the room. Plus the storm windows behind them. Hadn't been cleaned in a long time. My arms feel like they're going to fall off about now.

That was yesterday. My office is like a library, with beautiful built in and carved wood shelves around 75% of the room, breaking only for windows and a door. Today I cleaned and shined up every shelf with Johnson's oil wood wash, and then got on my hands and knees and did the entire wood floor. Then I "staged" all the shelves. They used to be crammed w/books, which I'd already gotten rid of most of, but held some aside to show how beautiful these book shelves can look, and added in photos, and some fave bibleots, but kept is all much more sparse.

This concludes this room, cleaning and staging and painting wise. It looks so fresh and pretty. LOL, where as I look like a bedraggled, sore, limping mess! But, it's done. 2 rooms down and ready to show.

Jaz, don't ever worry about talking about your boss too much, because as you can see, I'm going to be talking about my seemingly endless challenge w/getting this house on the market. Because hey, it's my life these days, and it feels really good to type out the accomplishments.

Good day on the woe. I don't deserve it, but it seems I'm holding my own on weight, although haven't hopped on the scale, don't need the aggravation. But according to my clothing, I'm the same as forever, maybe just a slight more bulge in the midriff, but that seems to come and go with bloat.

Honestly, I just think I've been more active in the last few weeks getting this house ready to put on the market than I have been in a long time. Silver lining.

Back tomorrow w/personals, already wrote them so know exactly what I want to say.
  #2242   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-18, 19:59

BF:

Ladies - GREETING FROM ST. Simon- what an amazing day!-
Winding down, glass of well deserved wine in hand. The son is taking a shower.

OMG it is BEAUTIFUL here. And hotter than hades. But you know what- the breezing are blowing and I taste sea salt. We blow in about 2. Got the pup settled. Ya know one never knows about what you are going to get- better than expected. And we are right across from the pool and the beach is like 2 blocks away. Huge condo- tons of space. 3 bed- 3 bath- 2 car garage- balcony, huge kitchen. Close to EVERYTHING! What a find.

See - pic's!!!! So we got here and settled the pooch and put our feet in the sand. We walked the beach for awhile then hit up a Winn Dixie-.
TRIG- I so thought of you!!!!!!! So I bought cheese burgers for dinner and a MESS - huge pack- 4 pounds of crab legs, and 2 pounds of fresh shrimp for tomorrow.

So my only meal was a beautiful perfect cheese burger topped with guacamole, slaw on the side.
Then we hit up the pool for a couple hours. After that we headed down to the beach as the sun set.
Tons of walking and sweating. Funky and fun beach town! Moss draped trees. I did want to eat out once- but I will tell ya when ya got a bag of crab legs waiting, fresh shrimp. And my burger was just so good. I am good.

It was fun to cook with the kid- he made his meal and I made mine. we finished up at the same time- and it just worked. The space it huge- and there is some much room to spread out.

I am going to hit up the beach for a early morning walk with the kid. Then he is going to hit the waves and I am going to explore the light house. the kid and I decided we don't need to be together every second! True vacay. We will be together every meal though.

Kmom- Please send me your email- I apologize I somehow don't have it and ask that my pics be forwarded. I will put you in contacts.

I have walked, and walked, and swan, and walked some more- I am FEELING IT!!!!! This is so good for me.

Personals in am- I am reading along- and want a vacay pass- for today! Thinking of all ya!!!!! knowing you are loving the pics as much as I love yours.

JAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  #2243   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-18, 03:28

BF:

Good morning!

Another internetless day. Thank goodness I have my phone to fall back on.

Jaz, your place is beautiful and I love your descriptions of everything. Well deserved vacay for sure.

Blue... You are getting so much done! What a feeling of accomplishment you must have!

Please forgive me for not doing more personals, but pecking it out on my phone is tedious.

Have good days!
  #2244   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-18, 05:21

BF:

Nicco, you are not the pool fan but after that mowing in sweltering heat, a dip in the pool saved ya Bet you will have a good 4th with your new pool floats and more.
When ya see your mom don't say TOO much cause when a relationship goes wonky, it could go good again and you are left standing like an idiot saying a ton of bad things about this guy or the relationship LOL Just listen is best I think on these things HAHA good luck!

Blue, wow you are rocking and rolling on your home getting changed up for moving! Good for you. When you get into it finally and worked thru the emotions I bet you do feel a lot more normal now! Forced change when not truly expecting the tough outcome of it can be hard but you are coming thru this like a trooper! Happy things are going so well for you!

Lori, ugh, no internet. what a major pain. we all live with internet, not to have it hurts, I hear ya on that! Hope you did well in your golf tournament!

Jazz, wow, burgers, crab and shrimp...oh yes you are having a fab food vacay I hope your weather holds real nice while there. St Simon is a very nice place! ENJOY to the max.

hey all
off to grocery for meats. need a lot of things cause I mostly ate down my freezer so it is time to reload a bit.
One day you realize YOU MUST use up freezer stuff before it goes wonky so I have been doing just that, now I seem to be down to nothing LOL such an opposite, so gonna go reload and make sure I have good meats and seafood in the house.

will swim today if weather holds, got some Tstorms flying around, but so far it looks ok out there so will take advantage of nice hot weather to swim when I can before any storms decide to blow in later. I can clean while it is stormy outside any time, so best use the outside good weather as much as I can today LOL

see ya'll and great day
  #2245   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-18, 07:13

BF:

Good Morning from a island off the coast....... undisclosed....HAHAHAHAHAHAH- Sipping my coffee under a fan on the balcony over looking palms and big tropical flowering bushes.

Blue- I hate when I lose a long juicy post!!!!! I bet you ARE keeping your weight down due to moving. No doubt about it. I have found that the more I move- the less I sit the better I feel all over!!!!!
Proud of you to get on it. You know there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Plus you too can write all about it here. I certainly have used this forum for "life". Boy howdy you all have be "through it" with me!! We certainly will be here for you!!!!!

TRIG- OMG yes on the awesome LC feast- I am going to take a pic of all the CLAWS and legs when they thaw- I picked up a freakin BOX of them. They were on sale- plus I wanted a side, so I got 2 pounds of shrimp!!! - today is a pool/ beach/ pool day for sure! Storms are all inland. They are moving to the west from here. It is really different right on the beach. The storms form then move inland- blow right over. It's hot- don't get me wrong, but loving it.

Lori- OMG, I would be hitting up a Starbucks for some laptop time. I don't function well. I would feels uninformed!!!!! LOLOLOL- glad you are getting it fixed.
I spent some time last night looking at fitbits. Pretty close. However I don't need a Fitbit to know I am getting tons of walking and then some in!

Nic- Your party sounds so much fun!!!!!! Your back yard is PARTY CENTRAL!!!!! I would love to crash your party! Those speakers- do float!!!!! I have one. They have kicked up the fun to the next level!!!!!

When are you seeing your mom?

Kmom- Hope you ar well- and resting!
---------------------------------------------------------------
finishing my last cup of coffee before I switch to water, before I switch to "something else, with a lime"

I am so needing this. Apparently the kid is too- because he has been well the Chatty Cathy.......... Seriously!!!!!

Check in later- look for more pic- about to hit up the light house- and tomorrow is the driftwood beach. It's really cool.
Oh by the way...... Did I tell you we saw a sea turtle come in last night?????? It's the time for sea turtles.

Great day!!!
  #2246   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-18, 08:02

BF:

Hey all, sounds like everyone is doing well, except maybe poor Lori with no internet. That would suck.

Blue- Girl, you are working HARD!! Well done. I remember your office well and I can imagine how stunningly beautiful it looks.

Glad you are holding your own weight wise. Yay!

Trig- YUP you are right and I was saying exactly that to my DH yesterday- I will be keeping my lips shut.

Jaz- Glad you are there, enjoying your time with your son and enjoying the nice place you all found. Sounds perfect! And the food on tap sounds delish as well. Enjoy!

All is fine here. DS19 had a sleepover last night- his pal left and DS staggered upstairs for more sleep.

Spoke to DS16 yesterday who was on his was to the ER for stitches- three to the ankle from a mountain biking accident. He was in good spirits, loving camp and apparently still planning to go white water rafting tomorrow. They just said he needed it well covered.

Might swing around on some errands to do a couple of returns but it is crazy hot these days so we'll see. Just unpleasant to even set foot outdoors in any capacity!
  #2247   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-18, 08:04

BF:

WOO HOO JAZZ.....have a something with lime for me also

I so hear ya on the beach. My fav....by far. I am a beach gal to the max.

I get like NO SINUS troubles there. Salt water up my nose swimming clears my head LOL and NO, the salt solutions with a spray bottle ain't even close to the real deal from the ocean and the relaxing lifestyle that goes with it!

Claws and shrimp...omg so jealous but for us zero carber's we are in vacay eating heaven. SO happy you spent some bucks on your good meal. That is what life is....spend the bucks on the good seafood and screw giving it to the doctors LOL

Love the sea turtles. We were at Edisto and kiddo was swimming in like 2 ft of water at the surf and right in front of her a big old sea turtle came up, they eyed each other, then she panicked a bit and screeched and then realized she wanted to play with the thing HAHA the sea turtle swam off but we followed it til it hit deep water. She still to this day remembers the sea turtle like 10 inches from her face in the surf good memories...…….and that same beach, we night watched with the turtle crew and one morning a nest broke and we lined up with everyone cheering the tiny little baby turtles into the surf. Not one was gotten by a sea gull on all of our watch They all made it and boy it was a lot of them out of that nest....again, great memories to the max...……...oh man NOW I WANT to be there with ya so bad

have a blast Jaz!!!
  #2248   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-18, 11:45

BF:

I am re-connected!!!!!!! I got an automated call this morning telling me that it was a network problem on their end and they were working on it. Another automated call a bit later said it was fixed and I should have internet...um....no. I called and got a very helpful girl and between her and some engineers, we got me back up and running. Whew! Felt like I had lost my right arm!

Jaz....your vacation spot is so perfect! I've been loving the pictures you're sharing as well as your description in your posts. Your food choices sound wonderful too!

Nic...sorry to hear that DS had to go get stitches! Hope it doesn't make him change any of his activities.

Ah sea turtles...love them. We swam with sea turtles in Barbados once. It was fabulous. We were on a catamaran for the day and they stopped at a spot where we could swim with the turtles. They just told us not to touch them. Just swim around....would love to do that again.

Another hot & humid day. I guess we have a few more until this heat wave ends. We're leaving early Sunday morning for Myrtle Beach. I spent some time this morning planning what clothes I'll take etc. Truly don't need much. As usual, I'll over pack. At least I don't have to worry about luggage restrictions like I do when I'm flying. We can take as much as we can stuff in the car!

Blue....don't work yourself to a frazzle today!
  #2249   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-18, 17:47

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Jaz---LOVING THE PIX. Every one of them. Your place looks absolutely fab, and it's huge. Wow,you did so well. Sounds like you also did super well w/your crab/shrimp haul. How are you doing the shrimp? So many fun ways.

St. Simon looks so gorgeous, really, my kind of place. Don't forget the spirit trees, I read and saw the best one right outside the tourist center. She Would make a beautiful black and white photo for framing for your new home! Then you get a map and it's like a treasure hunt for the rest.

And yeah, hey, wow on the review! You are VERY savvy in how you are handling this. HAHA, M can't "quite put her finger on it." How about, "you drive me crazy you two faced lazy, emotional wreck ?!" A bit too much maybe? Smart you, just sitting back and looking concerned and thoughtful, but not saying a freaking word. Excellent.

Trigger---Agree w/your advice to Nic, 100%. Haven't we all let go on some gal pal's creepy BF only to have them re-unite and then of course, she hates you.

Hey, since you're enjoying a few summer cocktails these days and not so worried about the diet soda, here's a good one for you, and everyone who thinks it sounds good. And it is!

You get yourself some Goslings' diet ginger beer. May not find it around you, easy to get on Amazon and well worth it. It's like ginger ale, but with a bit more of a bite and a special taste all its own. Then you take a beer mug, pour water all over it, and put it in the freezer for 15 minutes to a half hour. It will come out all coated in frost with little frozen water dribbles on it, so have everything ready to go, so you can make fast and enjoy the wonderful chill, and so pretty.

Load up your mug w/ice, put in your preferred amount of vodka, and then finish off with the diet ginger beer. Add a couple generous squirts of lime, and throw the rind in. SO delish and refreshing and lasts a long time when you re-ice. You can get just the perfect little baby buzz and keep enjoying it, or go for a little more of a buzz, lol. Whatever the day dictates.

Very cool the hubby is heading towards more LC eating. Boy, will that make your life easier. And if he sticks w/it, he'll lose fast like all men do, and he'll get even more enthusiastic about it. Plus, will help with his back and all his body aches to relieve himself of a few pounds.

Lori---Yay for your internet being back on. It really is scary how dependent one becomes on it---even for me, a Luddite in other ways, such as I only use my cell in inclement weather, at night and for travel, and am not and never will be on Face book. Not my bag, as we used to say. But boy, I sure do use the heck out of my Mac for my purposes, business and personal, and not having it is INDEED like you're missing an appendage!

Nic---Oh sister, you and I have such similar stories with the mothers and their impetuous hook ups. Mine married hers, I was her maid of honor. Oh, the stories I could tell. Lasted about 6 months. What a disaster. Had to fly out to LA and stay w/an old boyfriend to help her out as crazy new hubby wouldn't let me in their house. Hope this ends well long before that.

No, you don't have to say anything bad about him, as we all agree, but you CAN urge her to wait to get married. No need to tie the knot, just find out if over more time if they really are compatible. LOL, I know, it all sounds so reasonable, but my mom didn't want a thing to do w/that advice at the time. Man, talk about role reversal, huh?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, a new client burst into a 5 alarm fire this morning, and I had to redo everything we've been working on, and fast. Spent all day on that, no time for the house. Just as well, I needed a day off from that. Will be back at it tomorrow.

Hubby is cleaning out the attic all by himself. Have offered to help, but he just wants to do it his way. Hmmmm. Am I OK w/that? Why yes, yes I am. He's doing a great job and really into it and it's hot as hades up there right now.

An important part of this process is to not get stuck on the anxiety of what's yet to be done, but rather look back and note all we HAVE done. It is A LOT. Lots more to go, but I have that feeling you have when you get at the end of a very very long line and wonder if you'll ever make it to the front of it. But then, as you go, you start to get a kick out of how far you're moving forward, and mostly, heh, how many people are way back there where you once were.

I am visualizing the boxes and boxes and boxes and bags and bags and bags of stuff we've gotten rid of. Interior painting is done, and that was huge. House is almost back together again, but in a new and lesser stuff way. We have a growing stack of packed boxes, all labeled and ready to go to our new place.

Good day on the woe. Although we had a great break from the heat yesterday, storms and big drop in temp, lots of wind, the heat has come back today, although not as bad. But enough that it leaves me without much appetite. Also, the more involved I am in work or the house, the less I care about food. So it's all good for today!

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Jul-02-18 at 21:06.
  #2250   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-18, 04:50

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue.....I need to look up info on the Spirit Trees you were talking about on St Simon's. I would love to go on a treasure hunt for them! As soon as I finish this post I'm going to see what I can find online about them. Interesting!

Trig....it will be so great if DH veers more toward LC with you. As Blue said, he will start to lose quickly and then be rarin' to go.

Nic...good luck dealing with your Mom's "issue". Blue...sounds like you had quite the time with your Mom too. I didn't have boyfriend/remarriage issues with my Mother, but she developed Bipolar disorder and I had quite a time helping her deal with that in her last 10 years of life. Good Luck Nic!!

Jaz....I know you're having a fabulous time. I think that place would be hard to leave. Nice that you and your son can go your separate ways and then get back together for meals. Perfect.

KMom...thinking of you and hoping all is going well with you. Is this another busy week?

I went to my Dr. yesterday for my annual go over blood work appt. I think everything is perfect, but he had to tell me that my cholesterol was a little high at 266. I said yes, but look at my HDL....it is 123, which is insanely high=Good! My triglycerides are 44, which is also very good. I don't worry about the total chol or LDL. As long as my HDL is high and Triglycerides are low, it's perfect to me. Plus, my blood pressure was 118/62. Healthy as a horse! When the nurse was doing the BP etc, she asked me if I have any trouble with depression. I told her...."No...I'm fat, dumb & happy!" She laughed and said that was the best response she had gotten to that question all day.

I have to be to work at 1:45 this afternoon. I'm planning to go to the gym sometime this morning, then home to shower and get ready for work. I think I'm going to put off my return to running until next week when we're in Myrtle Beach. The weather is supposed to moderate a bit and running by the water is fabulous. I really don't like to run on the sand, but maybe I can find a path or trail where I can see the water while I run.

Enough of my babbling. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Closed Thread