Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-21, 09:55

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy ho, all! It's HUMP DAY!

Trig- I definitely remember trying to keep up with grades and what was in and what was not. It was horrid and so confusing. Ugh!

Glad you are feeling solidly back in your zone now! Good for you for making it through that trial period so well!

Teaching these days brings real challenges but the breaks are amazing. My mom was a teacher, I was a teacher, DD is a teacher.. the helping professions run strong in our blood!

Lori- As always I love how you all take care of Betty. Blessings!!

Don't worry too much about your EOD. You are staying on plan and your body is telling you what it needs.

Jaz- Keep a close eye on Bella. Untreated infections or bladder stones can be a real issue if left unchecked!

Glad you are feeling good in your body! That is always such a good thing. No bloat- Yay! And soon you will be in your beloved St Simon!

••••••••••••••

Gah, I keep working on this and then stopping bc I get distracted by what I need to do/get for DS19 for college. I am a mess!

It has already been an eventful day, by 8:45 AM! I had an online court date for my CASA kids and guess what! Adoption petition granted and case closed! Such a blessing for those two little ones. I was a mess though, got up and down here to get ready, dogs out, fed them, brewed my coffee with my creamer and collagen only to realize I forgot to put the pod in and brewed water- one minute before the meeting was to start! Turned my camera to off so I get it ready and rebreed and by the time I had all that done it was over! So I watched but was not visible, even though I had gotten up and gotten (top half) dressed and ready to be seen!

Texted with the foster mom (who is now mom!) and we were both teary. I will go to the actual adoption hearing and see these little ones become one with their new family. Just lovely in all ways. And honestly, I have been part of two cases that were two years each this go round, so I am done for a while with that. I am still in touch with my two-years-ago family and will stay in touch with this one as well.

Also was texting with last-doula-client and will see them next week for a visit. Miss that little guy although it was the right thing to do. It will be great to see them both and see how he is developing and growing.

Did some online shopping for DS19 today for college- leaving in NINE days OMG!! For delivery coming we have a desk lamp, a trash can with closing lid, hangers and a mesh shower caddy. I got him a bigger trash can bc kids are doing more takeout from the cafeteria and eating in their rooms bc of C19 restrictions and I don't want him to have bugs etc in his room. With him being near the ocean I can see there being the possibility of roaches, which we don't have here.

Then we will do store pick up today for a set of shelves and two quick dry towels for him, along with a couple of storage cubes etc for the shelves. We will take him grocery shopping when we go. He already has a dorm fridge/freezer from his siblings to use, although I am considering renting the microfridge for this semester. They are not allowed a separate microwave in their rooms but they can rent a fridge/microwave combo. Since he might be eating in his room more than normal... Have to think on that.

He did find out about his dorm, which looks to be a good one. He doesn't have a roommate and did want one, but I think its a blessing in disguise bc now he has a quiet place to go and/or study. He is in a cluster, so there are five rooms (all doubles, most serving as singles) and they share one bathroom among them. So he has other boys to meet and hang out with in his cluster but also his own room. I think that is best possible scenario for this kind of weird Pandemic year! He's on the top floor of a six-floor "high rise" close to the cafeteria and gym. Thumbs up! I am getting so excited for him!

So I'll get DS19 up in a while and we will head out shopping for his pick up items and also some clothes since he has outgrown/gotten too tall for a lot of his stuff. He's a good 6'3" now.

Dinner tonight is tacos- easy peasy! Nope, scratch that.. DH is working late, I can eat leftovers.. DS19 and I will pick up a Costco pizza for the boy's dinner -- Ten Bucks and DONE!
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-21, 17:10

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey ladies- - super excited about our email!!!!!

Nic- You are cracking me up with the dorm decorating!!!!!! You go girl!!!!! You are a whirlwind when you wanna be!!!!!

Trig- no Drama is awesome drama>>>>>
Glad you are back in fine form!!!!!!!!!!

Lori- I laugh that you are in and out of grocery before my first cup of coffee. When you and Trig- leave in the am to go walking - shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............ turn on fresh coffee for my lazy butt!!!! HAHAHAHA

Blue- Updates lady! Hope all well.
-------------------------------------------------------
Shorty for me. I have been busy with just stuff..... nothing big- piddly stuff that is a time suck. Bills that need paid, and emails that need answered, kids that need answered........

Then I ran out to get dog food and groceries. Der god you would think it was Christmas- !!!!!!! CROWDS -

Back now and tucked in. Shower day whether needed it or not- ROFL ROFL-

Bella- so much better but a real needy thing today. She wants lap and HELD all day like a baby. She eating well, urine clear. Just wanting hugs. I love that little beast!!!!!

Oh well- I should clean up a bit. you would think I lived here by the looks of stuff. Crap scattered about now.
I need to make a DO NOT FORGET LIST
I will be stopping by my storage unit to get my bike before I hit the island -
Temps there are mid 60 and sunny- need to find my shorts

Till tomorrow
Tried some Cali rice tonight- it was new. I wanted to hurl. I am going to forget it. It just isn't the same. Don't need it

Have a wonderful evening
  #213   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-21, 05:00

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Don't feel very rested this morning for some reason. I guess it was just kind of a restless night and up at 5AM.

Nothing much going on today other than trying to figure out what to give DH for dinner. Good grief I get tired of thinking about it! ACK!! I think I'll have a big salad this afternoon. I got some spring mix greens at the store yesterday. Every once in awhile I just want a salad. I'll put in some smoked turkey and a hard boiled egg for protein.

I need to pick a day for weighing myself and stick to it. I've been weighing every day and it's driving me nuts! It doesn't inspire me to stay on track, it just pi$$es me off! Up and down the same 2 lbs or so. My body is very happy at this weight and is fighting to stay here! Ok.....enough of that.

I'm still enjoying the daily workouts with the Pahla B. videos. They don't take much time and are low stress & fun. The hardest part is changing my clothes and getting started.

Nothing to do here but have another cup of coffee. Can't wait for the day when I'm telling you that I'm heading to the golf course! I sure hope we have an early and warm Spring.
  #214   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-21, 07:40

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco.....adoption granted bet that is a wonderful feeling seeing that whole process go down and a child gets parents and a home!

Love the dorm chat! omg I don't even wanna think about ALL that you are dealing with....my time is coming but luckily, truly lucky I got you to chat with about it, cause I don't know dorms, but you sure do. I think a room alone is a good thing....they can gather but when one needs alone time he has it.....and you know me and you love alone time LOL

micro/fridge combo. I never seen that one. I think that would be a great addition for him truly. A little fridge and micro, he can heat up leftovers etc.....I know I would want that sucker if I was dorming it

Jaz boy your days are ticking down and your bike and beach and that nice condo unit.....60s and sun!....girl ya got it made in the shade, errr, sunshine

get organized now, your time is coming at ya fast.

Lori, yea me too on sleep. woke up alot thru the night. then up at 5:30 cause hubby went to work today.
Just didn't get rested like you. Not a zippy day for us

and waiting for spring right along with you LOL

glad your exercise is going well! Getting changed to do it is the hardest part LOL!

forget the scale for a bit before ya go batty. every now and then we need to just stay on plan, eat our normal and ditch the scale so we don't get ticked like you said!

Hey all
nothing doing
mom cancelled shopping today, rainy/misty/icky/cold day, she said lets go tomorrow, so cool, tomorrow is fine by me

taking kid to high school later to pick up her Chromebook they fixed and I think a text book she needs.....do that later around 11-12....have to wake her up and out we go for that little trip.

might stop grocery on way back to 'find her some food', omg the 'I am hungry what we got' and then she wants nothing I wanna cook, then I take her to a grocery every now and then and she buys nothing but snacks, could care less on a 'meal' to buy and prep etc. I can see her being a person who buys premade meals like 'freshly.com' or something like that cause she is not a kitchen person either. fast food/takeout/premade.....I see that in her future HAHA ugh

like Lori, omg on dinner and what to make and SO friggin' sick of making dinner and meal times etc. around here.

ok...off to get a few things done.

gotta call vet for dog to get usual bloodwork cause he is on his seizure meds........oh those new meds the vet put him on when he went nutso last time, working like a charm. Since Oct 26 til now he only had 1 baby seizure that was nothing at all, this is a long time without one and he seems 'good' ya know....whatever is in that med is working wonders for him. cool beans on that.

over and out and be good all
  #215   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-21, 09:05

BF:

Happy Thursday! A warm one here, in the low 50's! Very nice!

Jaz- Glad Bella is feeling better.
So exciting how close you are getting to heading back out again, and to a place that will feel like home!

Lori- You have been SO GOOD about exercising. I am certain you have left pretty much all of us in the dust. It is definitely your super power!

YES I get so tired of meal planning and cooking for the Fam. I feel ya! I wonder what it will be like when it is just DH and I.

Daily weighing- I am hugely NOT a fan. To each their own, but I know for me that my mental health has greatly improved since I stopped frequent weighing. Last time I weighed myself was January 4th, and I will do it again at the beginning of February. I try to do well and keep on plan (right now, lol) but it has made my weight far less of a focus than overall healthfulness and for me, I need to keep it that way.

Trig- Will be VERY happy to discuss dorm stuff with you when the time comes. Your DD will surely be more into it than my son. He just does not seem to care much at all! I dragged him around to do some shopping yesterday and get this.. he let me buy him ONE 5 subject notebook. ONE NOTEBOOK. FOR THE SEMESTER. I always used those multi subject ones as well but at least I had one for M/W/F classes and one for T/TH! Still, he will figure out what works best for him.

Glad Bolt's meds are working well for him! Hooray!

••••••••••••

Things are good here. DS22 is driving to see his fiancee this weekend and will stay with her at her place. DS19 leaves in a week (as you guys know but I will keep saying it!) DH is working half to death on this trial- he left at 5:30 in the morning yesterday and got home at 9:30 at night. Greeted us for ten minutes and then went to bed. It's awful but hopefully will be over on Tuesday (with Monday off.) But get this- he is working out of his DC office. I do NOT want him in DC on Wednesday. He is so close to the White House that he can't get to his office via car because the street is now shut down. I will be freaking~out if he has to be there.

So our first 'event' of 2021 got canceled last night. We were supposed to see Godspell at our local dinner theater using our 2020 subscription tickets. They have made all these changes including a new ventilation system, spaced tables, super low capacity, performers wearing face shields etc but now they are delaying the show until February. We haven't been there since LAST February. It was so nice to have something~on the calendar to look forward~to. Whomp, whomp.

I guess at this point my biggest hope is for DS19, that he gets to go to college and stay there for the semester and that he has a good time. If that happens, then I will be grateful. I care even less about his grades than his mental health at this point.

Not much else to report. Pickleball today at 11:30 is the big happening on the calendar! Trying to go easy on the coffee bc there are no bathrooms open in the winter there (outdoor court.)

Eating is on plan (low carb, not keto) and I'm feeling stable. Yay for that!
  #216   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-21, 11:05

BF:

Day #14 of the Pahla B. videos done! They are so fun and easy. Seem too easy to be effective, but at least I'm moving every day for a bit. The one thing that is really good is there are a lot of arm movements and it is really helping me improve my shoulder mobility. I'm hoping this all translates into an improved golf swing too!

Yeah.....the daily weighing is messing with me. I'm just afraid if I don't weigh quite often that things will get away from me. I know how easily 2 lbs can become 5, can become 10. I need to find a happy medium.

I made the dip that Betty loves again this morning. I have it chilling now and will take it to her in a bit. I called and told her that I'd be bringing it so she wouldn't eat too much lunch....she'll want to dig right into it, I'm sure.
  #217   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-21, 11:22

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!!!!!!!
Email updated

NIC- OMG- yes tell your hubby to stay away from DC next Wed. Not going to be pretty. Traffic and all the stuff. I know the military has rolled in. Sighhhhhhhhhhh- I just want things to settle. Enough already.

So happy to hear everything else else for you is settling down. Kids are spreading their wings and finally getting the time they deserve!!!!!

Trig- I hear ya on sun and sand- will swing by and pick ya up- bring booze, beach chair- hahahahahah
Yup coming fast!

Hope you have a great day. What every happening with Barb and her family and Covid????

Lori- GIRLLLLLLLLLL- we are all dreaming for Spring!!!!!
I don't weight everyday anymore- to depressing. Just doing my thing.

Blue- updates lady!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------
Tired today. I was going to go to DD for my Birthday lunch- but pushed it back to tomorrow. I am tired and MEH today. Didn't sleep well. Tummy troubles AGAIN. Birthday isn't until Sat. anyway. No biggie.
I had mayo add that to the list of no no - I swear.
But I have a squeaky clean gut now!!!!!!!!- grumble grumble

Moving on- I am very much looking forward to upcoming change of venue -
I am thinking about my next chapter hot and heavy now. But I am so torn. My kids are s spread out. I wanna do MY thing and that would put me far south in Florida - Tampa, Pensacola area. Just rolling stuff around!

Doing ok on WOE- I just need to reel in th elate night eating, and Salt shaker.

doing well!!!!!- back later
  #218   ^
Old Fri, Jan-15-21, 07:13

BF:

Nicco, had me laughing, ONE notebook and that freaks you out HAHA
yea my kid is the same, she was like, I barely 'use paper', everything is computer. I get it, old days we didn't 'do 'puters' like they use them now. Heck you can write essays and email them for submission to the teacher, omg...not in my day

I am the same now. Grades aren't as a priority as their lifestyle and mental health and physical health at this point. I wanna keep my kid balanced but at this point, omg she is having like no social interaction other than that damn phone. I asked her if any of her friends want to come over and she said they chatted that, parents are just keeping them home ya know. Well, our kids have stories for their kids.....we walked 5 miles up hills both ways in 5 ft of snow to go to school....our kids will say there was no school and shutdowns and crazy schedules and more cause of a pandemic wow huh LOL

Hope all is ok for your DH!!

Jazz, yea I get it with family being spread out but you ain't getting any younger at all!! You need to enjoy the younger old years cause in the end, if you want back up in your area around family type thing, then you can do it for later, but NOW......do you for a bit. As you want. You can literally always change things around later. Options are not closed to you at any time thru your life's journey ya know.

Sorry on your gut. owww....cleaned out huh watch what ya eat for a few days...be easy on your guts.

Lori, Betty's dip, bet she loves that coming to her again!

I am like you. Can't give up the scale. You know make friends with it.....flip your thoughts to daily weigh in and give yourself that 'allowable' number range, whether it be 2-3 lbs is ok and you don't get irked. I do. I give myself 2-3 lbs range every day. Cause then I have that one day where I lose weight again, big drop and a 'new low by 1/2 lb' and my gosh it takes a while for it to happen so I just wait ya know. I hate the scale but love the scale cause it is a tool I use tho. I now find if I get on the scale and I am in my range I want I am a happy clam. Means I am where I need to be.

you are rocking your exercise. I am MEH on it. I am doing it sometimes and doing the lower miles...won't even push myself. I gotta find mojo for this little challenge...I never had 'exercise mojo' truly. Need to light some kind of fire under my butt

-----------
nothing doing guys

hubby up to work for 1 short trip they need done then home to take his mom to eye dr. appt.

might go to moms today or not. she cancelled yesterday and we are to chat this morn and see if my bro Gregg is heading up today or not.....if tomorrow I will head up today to bring her out shopping, so on fence on that one.

truly nothing doing. cold as &%** out there.

all going well. just chugging along.
  #219   ^
Old Fri, Jan-15-21, 09:36

BF:

Really I am posting before Lori?!?!?!?!?- whoa...........

Trig
- you had me rolling on.......... "Use paper?"- huh....... hahahahah
I agree these kids will sure have stories to tell their kids. But I also am concerned about the long term social effect on these kids. But time will tell ya know!

Crazy times for sure!!!!!
How far is your Bro from you? I feel like not far! Very cool you all take turns with your mom!

I know I am ready to ditch this cold!!!!!!!!!!!

Nic- - I see they are basically shutting down DC next week. hope your hubby can work from home. I know that in his line of work that might now be possible. Maybe his best bet it to stay in the city until after the 20th.
Just a thought. Scary times for sure.

Lori- I know by the time I click post/ submit - you will have posted. Are getting all this gray weather too? I know you are chomping at bit to get your clubs back!!!!!! - not long!!!!!!!!

Blue- updates
--------------------------------------------------
Up earlier than usual of late. Just ready to get up. Feel great today physically.
On plan - 100% - gut feel so much better!!!!!

today is salmon/ Broccoli - fresh

So yesterday - something amazing happened. I was at Trader Joe getting my spices I will need for the next 3 months. (not TJ on the island). They have a 21 piece blend I LOVE.
Anyway, I got a text from the landlord here that a another Travel nurse is considering this apt after I leave. She ask if she could speak with me about it. She they were asking permission to give her my #. I said- yea sure.

Long story short- She called and I was ok with her coming over and taking a look and chatting.
OMG- We chatted for 3 hours. I LOVE HER.
Ever meet someone and you are just instantly bonded? RARELY for me.
But I swear this gal and I just BONDED. It was like talking to myself. What I mean by that is we have seemed to paralleled each other through our professional lives.
She is a travel nurse, and have been in Savannah, Greenville and grew up in Atlanta. We have literally worked and lived in the same places.
She is 10 months older than me. She does Keto, loves dogs, collects guns, and is a real badass with red hair!!!!!!

We exchanged numbers and texted each other last night too! We are going to get together before I go for drinks and dinner next wed. If not before.
We could not stop talking. Her dogs- are adorable too!
Anyway- It was like talking a sister I have never had!
Just so cool........

Tomorrow I will be heading out to see the kids and littles here in a few. they are all excited - they have homemade cards and a gifts they have been working on.

Feeling good today

Back later
  #220   ^
Old Fri, Jan-15-21, 10:48

BF:

Good Morning!

Yes....I'm late to the party today. I was here early, but as my days are just one after the next of the same thing....not much to report. I had my morning coffee and watched a bit of TV and then did my Day #15 video. Today we used light dumbbells in between cardio moves. My shoulders should be getting stronger! I hit the shower and then came down to the kitchen to make Betty her cauliflower with cheese sauce that she loves. It's all done and packaged for DH to take to put in her little fridge.

Jaz....OMG....I loved your story of meeting the traveling nurse who sounds like someone you can be good friends with. So awesome! Maybe she'll be able to come visit you at the beach while you're there? Can't wait to hear what all the two of you get into.

FWIW, if I were looking to move to Florida, I would take a close look at Tampa. It just seems like a vibrant town near the beach with lots of outdoor activities to enjoy. Not to mention the great seafood! OY!

Trig....hope Mom is doing well. I don't blame her for not being in a hurry to go out in the cold.

Nic.....Glad DH can work from home next week during all that mess. I'm so worried about what may happen. So scary.

I'm sure you're getting DS all set for college. Things always seem to fall in to place somehow.

Blue....have you been working hard on your writing this week? Do you have a deadline you're trying to hit? Can't imagine it. I know you're up to the challenge.

----------

As I said above, nothing much going on around here. DH is not hunting today, so he's in and out. Only a couple days left in this hunting season.....thank goodness. Monday is the last day. Have I mentioned how sick I am of hearing about it? I have to be happy for him as it's something he loves. He's tolerant of all my "stuff", so it's only fair that I'm tolerant of his.

Happy Friday my friends, be well!
  #221   ^
Old Fri, Jan-15-21, 16:36

BF:

Hi all- popping in to say Hey. All is well here. Been busy and not busy all at once, you know that kind of day. Had a friend stop by and we masked up and caught up. She is doing a "craft and carafe" virtually for us next week and dropped off the materials. She does them in person for us from time to time and of course that is not happening.

Trying a new recipe for LC Bourbon Chicken tonight on a whim. Got great reviews so we'll see how it is.

DS22 just left to visit his fiancee. He'll be back late Monday night. He's circumventing DC because no one should be in that area for a while.

Other than that, all is well. Stuff is accumulating in preparation for DS19's departure- sheets, comforter, blanket, topper, pillows, towels.. just all the things, ya know! It'll drive me nuts for a week until we get him out but I know this next week will fly by.

Hugs to all, will do personals tomorrow!
  #222   ^
Old Sat, Jan-16-21, 04:40

BF:

Good Morning!

The only exciting thing today is:

IT'S SOMEONE'S BIRTHDAY----------HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZ!!!!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
  #223   ^
Old Sat, Jan-16-21, 07:43

BF:

Nicco I am sure you are super busy with departure day coming, mom thinking of 'all he needs' and the kid not giving a thought to it, but hey, you will do it for him

Glad you had a great visit. Barb and I are to goof off on monday, can't wait, omg need some interaction other than damn phone and we never call each other....other than to say lets get together HA

Lori, I celebrate hunting being over also! So get ya on that!! Did he even get a deer this year?

yea, tolerate is a great word for marriage I mean what gal doesn't just tolerate it all

Jazz, very cool about hitting it off with a like person.....travel nurse also, omg...and red hair.....did ya hit a doppleganger or something? that is wild LOL

and a birthday to boot! HAPPY BIRTHDAY
for me I don't even count them anymore

hey all
hubby to work
kid sleeping
doing a laundry
boring
all good
nothing doing
have to hit store for 'cheap azz hard cover book' kid needs for art project. only ones I got are ones hubby has not read and he said no, lol, so off I go to cheap store and get a cheap hard cover to be torn apart for art class.
omg ya know.

other than that just chillin' thru the darn ugly winter.

got 2 nice NY strip steaks to eat up. all good on the food front.
no weight loss, I am gonna have to dig down deep and 'cut back a tad, tad, tad' of how I am eating, yea I can do it, but do I truly wanna? I don't know, I don't care right now but this is the time to do it, before the bathing suit time comes again ugh, whatever right....older I get, less I give a flying fig of it all.

ok, just cruising thru the day....hope everyone has a great day
  #224   ^
Old Sat, Jan-16-21, 10:00

BF:

Trig.....no...no deer so far. There is only today and Monday to go...I don't eat it, so won't make me upset if he doesn't get one. It makes it harder that this is flintlock season, so no high powered rifle. Old timey load the powder, the flint etc. It's a crap shoot as to whether it goes off when you pull the trigger. At least that's what he says.

Got Day #16 of the Pahla B videos done this morning. Now have a load of towels spinning and am going to watch something on the Roku. Did I tell you that I figured out an easy solution to switching back and forth? I bought a splitter from Amazon. It has 3 HDMI ports and you just plug the splitter into the TV and then the satellite into one of the ports and the Roku into another. There is a button to push to change between ports......SO easy. I was worried that continually unplugging and plugging into the tv's HDMI port would wear it out, plus it was a pain to do on the back of the tv. Now I just push a button!

Gotta fly......washer is chiming!

Have good days!
  #225   ^
Old Sat, Jan-16-21, 16:03

BF:

Hello Friends! Happy late-Saturday!

Jaz- Happy birthday to ya, girl! Hope you have a Fab day with the Littles. Very nice that you can spend your bday with them!

Really cool that you made a new friend! You are such a friendly and bubbly sort though that I am not surprised. I would be as likely to talk to a stranger in a bar as walk into an oncoming train, but you are friendly wherever you are!

Lori- You are continuing to kill it on the videos and exercise. Well done! And super smart on getting a splitter! I had no idea that could be done.

Bummer your DH hasn't gotten a deer yet but he seems happy to just be out doing his thing regardless. I know you will be glad to have it wind up though!

Trig- YAY for getting together with Barb! I know you need that fun in your life with your Bestie! I assume her family members all fared fine with the C19.

No flying fig for you, Girlie.. too carby!

•••••••••••••••

All is well here. It has been a busy, busy day. Met DD and SoIL at the bank this morning for an appointment they had, then went to the store for the week's grocery. Came home and ate brunch, then paid bills, went through mail, wrote my weekly letter, marked other stuff off the to-do list. I can't believe it is almost five. Feel like I have been running around all day!

Dh is getting a much needed rest day today. The poor man has earned it! Sounds like yesterday did not go very well for his witness, but DH is managing to leave stress at the door a little better this time around. Hopefully it will wind up middle of next week or so, and he will be working from a local office instead of the DC office.

DS22 is visiting his GF in NC right now. He called me while I was at the store and had me laughing bc he is SO SMART and SO FLIGHTY. The kid FORGOT. PANTS. So he had to go and buy a pair of pants. OMG. This is the young man who also flew to Maine with me with NOTHING bc he left his suitcase on the bed at home. I took him to Freeport outlets and made him buy a week's worth of clothes with his own money.

DS19 just left the house to go out. He is so cute. I am getting so many hugs lately. He loves us, he really loves us! I told him as he was getting ready to go that DH and I decided we were going to spend the weekend at the ocean (30 minutes from his college) but that we wouldn't be coming by to stalk him at his college. He looked a little hurt and said we could. I assured him we wouldn't because we want to give him his space and he was quite insistent that we should ("I won't see you guys for a pretty long time..!") So yeah, savoring these moments of sweetness. Less than a week now.

The bourbon chicken I made was fine but not amazing. Very rarely does something LC "taste just like xyz!" No it does not.

Ordered a pickleball paddle and am thinking I will join a drop in rec playtime. The doula thing is in a lull and I need something to fill my calendar a bit, plus included exercise and social time!

So that's it from here. Going to see what is available at the beach. DS22 will hold down the fort and take care of the Doggos.