Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2191   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-09, 22:19

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Hello everyone,

I haven't had much computer time lately but I wanted to check in.

Monday, 8.03.09
Menu
CM: 2 cups of black coffee
CM: Pork chop and green beans w/bacon & onions
RM: Salad w/avocado, bacon, & ranch, rib steak, cucumber, and Hershey's w/almonds
Water
80 oz. Water
Option #1
None
Option #2
Leslie Sansone Walk at Home
3 Mile Weight Loss Walk...A "Power Walk" at Home!
Mile 1: 15 minutes of non-stop muscle moving steps to get you started
Mile 2: 12 minutes of speed walking
Mile 3: 15 minutes to continue blasting calories as you burn body fat
I completed all 3 miles!

Tuesday, 8.04.09
Menu
CM: None
RM: (Restaurant) Miso soup, salad w/house dressing, tempura prawns w/broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes, & zucchini
Water
80 oz. Water
Option #1
None
Option #2
Bowflex, 20 Minute Better Body Workout, 2 sets
100# Bench Press
100# Seated Lat Rows
100# Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows
100# Biceps Curl
100# Triceps Pushdown
100# Leg Extension
100# Standing Low Back Extension
150# Seated Abdominal Crunch
Sponsored Links
  #2192   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 13:51
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Teri-
glad you checked in!
Come on over, lurkers,and join our daily thread!

today
cm:2 eggs, cream cheese, coffee
cm:leftover duck, slaw,green tea
rm(planned) going toa friend's for a potluck. She is making a salad, I know someone will bring dessert (multiple) and such, so I am bringing chicken.

E
  #2193   ^
Old Fri, Aug-07-09, 13:49

BF:

Hello everyone,

I am keeping busy at home and didn't have enough time to check in yesterday.

My program continues to be right on target and everyday is another day that is getting me closer to my goal of becoming fit and healthy. I still can't believe how comfortable I am following this way of eating!

Thursday, 8.06.09
Menu
CM: Rib steak and cucumber
RM: Salad w/bacon, cheddar cheese, & ranch, cashew chicken w/asparagus & celery, & a Haagen Dazs chocolate ice cream bar

Water
80 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
100# Bench Press
100# Seated Lat Rows
100# Biceps Curl
100# Triceps Pushdown
100# Leg Extension
  #2194   ^
Old Fri, Aug-07-09, 14:31

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/218/190 Male 5' 10'
BF:
Progress:

where can I find good reciepes? for CM. anything you like in particular?

yesterday i went to sweet Tomatos supper salad. i deffinitley over carbed a little. but I started with two dishes of salads and I picked some of the chicken from the chicken soup. lots of pizza, apple pie, cookies, etc. All within the hour though. it is weird because I felt like I can eat after the hour even though I ate almost constantly the entire hour. when I went home I couldn't breath all night.
  #2195   ^
Old Fri, Aug-07-09, 15:21
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
had a good dinner last night just like I planned. Very glad I brought the chicken!

For good recipes look on the recipe area- as long as it does not have carbs you can have it for CM. I use lots of leftovers from RM- simple protein and veggie combos- lots of chicken adn salad!

today I just did not feel well all day- did yard work in the heat and think I overdid.

cm-2 eggs, cheese, coffee
cm:cottage cheese and greeen tea
rm(planned)salad, burger on bun, slaw, beer?
  #2196   ^
Old Sat, Aug-08-09, 08:47

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi, everyone, Back on Cad, It seems to be the only thing to control my reactive hypoglycemia that back in 05 doc told me I had. Needless to say his advise was to eat 6 meals a day duhhhh. to keep my insulin level through out the day. Went on atkins for a few weeks to get the carbs out of my system but just can not make it a lifestyle. So I thought lets go fat free for a few days and see what that does. Oh boy lets jump back into hell (excuse my term) but that is the truth.
re- reading my calp book which covers and explains reactive hypoglycemia which my doc did not. (need to send him a copy of the book) Seems to be an answer that I in my thick headed ways need to except. This is an allfull thing to have. I never get full, constintlly starving, gorging then sleeping only to wake up a few hours later and repeat the prosess over again. You know, its my own fault for not doing something about it. And the truth of the matter Cad/Calp is one of the easyest ways to go. LOL

Have never stop reading the thread, and glad to see new people jumping in.

Teri I admire how you are so organized
Eno Of course your my hero

Quick question Is it 3 or 4 hours between Cm's and Rm? Cant remember and cant seem to find it in the books. of course I could be having a senor moment lol.
  #2197   ^
Old Sat, Aug-08-09, 09:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 289/274/150 Female 5'2"
BF:It sure is!!

Hi everyone,
I have been at the fair with daughter the last few days, and it goes through tomorrow. She has done extremely well! Champion in almost all categories. I posted some pictures on my new blog .

I haven't had a problem staying on plan. I don't know how much I have walked (I forgot my pedometer). The problem is I keep forgetting to drink my water.

Only two more days of it left. My daughter auctions her meat goat tonight and my daughter in law sings in the talent show, both at the same time. It should prove to be interesting.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

My weight has stayed the same since I last posted.
  #2198   ^
Old Sat, Aug-08-09, 10:26

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

still doing okay. haven't checked my BG in a while but will get back to it at least occasionally.

i have no desire for potatoes/rice or other such foods so some reward meals are not; just lc meals.
am loving sandwiches and will pick up some corn tortillas when i shop then FINALLY make those tacos i've been obsessing about.
also loving all the tomatoes in my garden.

i am a slow eater and it is hard for me to imagine fitting in so much food. still not consuming all the required vegies but alway quite a bit. my tummy is still making the adjustment.

this morning i had eggs scrambled w cream cheese...yuk. going back to my smoothie pronto.
  #2199   ^
Old Sat, Aug-08-09, 10:51

BF:

Hello everyone,

Yogiart, I am a creature of habit and eat whatever sounds good to me at the time. Before beginning this program I would be able to eat a substantial amount and still feel hungry. I believe that including the right combination of foods have helped me to control my hunger and feel satisfied with my food choices. I wish you well!

Eno, I hope you feel better today. We had beautiful weather in the mid 70s yesterday so I went outside to work on my tan. Not really, I went outside to begin cleaning up horse crap that desperately needed to be scooped up from the edges of my driveway.

Cheryl, welcome back! I like to be organized. I can't say when it started but I homeschooled my children for twelve years and it was much easier for me that way.

ican4Him, congratulations to your daughter. I visited your blog and it reminded me how cute Boer goat kids are. I hope your daughter does really well at the auction. It is great to hear that you are able to remain on plan so try not to worry about the scale.

I have to get ready to go out of town again today. My mother-in-law and I had birthdays in June and we always get together for lunch or dinner. Since my mother-in-law lost her sister a week before our birthdays and I was dealing with my grandma, we postponed our get together until today.

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law will be joining us at a pizza parlor for lunch today. My husband and I used to go to Berkeley for this pizza but we found that there is another location in San Ramon that we would like to try.

Friday, 8.07.09
Menu
CM: Pork chops and green beans w/vinaigrette
RM: Salad w/avocado, bacon, cheddar cheese, & ranch, cheeseburger on sour dough roll w/mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles, & grilled onions

Water
80 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Leslie Sansone, Walk at Home, Walk Slim, Fast & Firm! 4 Really Big Miles w/toning band.
Mile 1: Get Started with a 15 minute mile
Mile 2: Faster pace - a 12 minute mile
Mile 3: BOOSTED walking - a 10 minute mile
Mile 4: Add the firm Band for a big muscle BOOST - 15 minute mile
I completed all 4 miles with the firm band!
  #2200   ^
Old Sat, Aug-08-09, 16:59
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
much better day today. DId yard work in the morning only- done by 11am (took my walk at 7am first)- and drank 2 large cold glasses of water during. I stopped at around 10 and had one, then anohter at 11. Much better!Need to do some extra house cleaning- like wahing stuff that is on open shelving in teh kitchen- but will wait until next week when DH will help take it all down and put it all back!

today
cm:2 eggs, 2 turkey bacon, coffee
cm:1/2 of leftover burger from last night (no bun), cole slaw, green tea
rm:salad, roast beef sandwich on a hard roll with slaw and horseradish, green beans, water. DH added on potato salad and beer and skipped the salad.

It was too hot to cook- and that sandwich was fun! I sauteed the green beans in a little evoo and sesame oil with fresh garlic. Yum.

tomorrow we may take a trip to another local lake- just to explore.

oh- I think it is 90 minutes between meals.

and that 6 meals a day would do me in! My body really likes CALP!
  #2201   ^
Old Sat, Aug-08-09, 19:13

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

i scored CALP for a buck at a thrift store today. judging from the binding, it's not been opened. someone really missed out.

i had a smoothie for lunch, kind of late since i was out shopping for a stove and fridge. probably have a sandwich later.
that roast beef sandwich sounded so good, eno.
  #2202   ^
Old Sun, Aug-09-09, 10:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 289/274/150 Female 5'2"
BF:It sure is!!

Yesterday I posted my weight was the same, since I assumed it was, but when I actually got on the scale I was down a pound.

(I am copying my update from my journal, since I am short on time ) Yesterday was another day at the fair. The auction went well and Stef got $4.25/lb for her goat. Today will be hard as he will be leaving at the same time she will be showing her other goats in both the Master Showmanship classes.

Yesterday's food
CM - hamburger patty with cheese
CM - pepperoni sticks
RM - 1/2 corndog, few fries, corn on the cob and kettle corn. This was definitely the worst, unbalanced meal I have had since starting the program.

I also didn't drink much water again yesterday. Today is the last day at the fair, and life can resume to it's normal chaoticness!
  #2203   ^
Old Mon, Aug-10-09, 14:15
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
glad the fair is over, ican, but it sounds like it was great for your family.

It is HOT today- I took a short walk and am drinking lots of water.

cm:cottage cheese, green tea
rm(planned):salad, cold roast chicken, spinach, peach?
  #2204   ^
Old Mon, Aug-10-09, 23:33

BF:

Hello everyone,

Time has been getting away from me lately and I haven't had time to check in. I am at my folks house and expect to return home tomorrow sometime.

Sunday, 8.09.09
Menu
CM: Salad of romaine w/avocado, bacon, cheddar cheese, sauteed shrimp, & ranch
RM: Salad of romaine w/vinaigrette, ribs, cucumber, and a Haagen Dazs chocolate ice cream bar

Note: Avocado is not listed as a CM food!

Water
80 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
100# Bench Press
100# Seated Lat Rows
100# Biceps Curl
100# Triceps Pushdown
100# Leg Extension
  #2205   ^
Old Tue, Aug-11-09, 14:34
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

we are going to a meeting tonight that includes dinner- I hope it is good.

cm:leftover steak and yellow squash and peppers, green tea
Closed Thread