Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#196   ^
Old Sat, Dec-24-22, 07:42

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz I wanna be your your DD snorkeling and in summer weather

pipe not busted underground. so no digging and all that mess.

this is a pipe on the well pump area. So it is a 'work on and fix, replace' type 'easier' thing than having a pipe busted underground somewhere along the line ya know.

well not easy fix. we shall see. hubby still can't get Rick. I said call real plumber NOW but he says wait a bit and he will see if heat lamps to whatever and then he will inspect well equip better and try to eval. it all.

plus with freeze temps leaving goat is harder. Her water buckets. So if we go gotta call Barb to come 1 time per day and bust her ice water bucket at least once to give her some water.

what a cluster f of it all.

I am so over life and the bs that comes with it LOL

lovely family left a sink full of dishes from all the crap they were eating last night. drives me insane looking at them too. no water no wash...ugh
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Sat, Dec-24-22, 08:10

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

HEY ALL! Love that we all check in, even on Xmas Eve. Says a lot about our friendship AND the accountability we recognize toward each other.

TRIG omg so sorry about the busted pipe. I hope you can get some help for it. I assume it froze?

JAZ enjoy your planned food and your rest and down time. Much needed for you especially!

LORI stay warm! Making your ham and beans might help warm the kitchen up a bit!

••••••

Freezing cold here like everywhere else. Low of 4º not counting the wind chill. I don't think we get out of the teens today.

Yesterday was a good day, besides a brief spat with the youngest. But we got back on track and enjoyed everything else. We had dinner at the Japanese steakhouse (I brought home a lot of leftovers!) and then we chatted a while, then watched Knives Out: Glass Onion together. Went to bed around 11 which is very late for me. Things kick off officially at noon-ish today but most of us are up and around. The kids hammered out how to manage the traditions etc w/ DS24 and DIL going over to her house at 6pm. I thought the kids would be willing to let some stuff go but apparently not! lol

I made meatballs and sauce yesterday so that is done for today and will just be reheated on the stove. Not sure what the plan is for dinner- maybe just leftovers bc there is plenty here. We are doing Spirited on Apple TV at lunchtime while wearing the new Xmas Eve pjs (DD did the tops today, and I bought joggers for the kids) and reading a couple of books. Driving through a light show and then some want to go to church- I'm not sure if I will do that or not. I might. We'll see. It's not my jam anymore but it would be nice to do as a family.

Wishing you all a great day! Stay toasty!
  #198   ^
Old Sat, Dec-24-22, 08:11

BF:

Karen big hugs to you. I actually get what you mean about a sink full of stuff from yesterday. That used to not bother me but the older I get, that shizz actually drives me mental and makes me incredibly cranky!
  #199   ^
Old Sun, Dec-25-22, 03:47

BF:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

luckily got water back after a few hrs as hubby fixed it. cracked simple pipe fitting at well pump area. So far so good.

but super Brrrr.

Hope everyone has a very fun day and all is fine! back later to chat up.
  #200   ^
Old Sun, Dec-25-22, 04:09

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning & Merry Christmas!!

Trig.....I'm so glad to hear that you got water back after only a few hours. I was thinking about you all day yesterday and wondering how you were making out. You're so lucky that DH is handy with fixing stuff. Are you having a big dinner today?

Jaz.......Enjoy your jammie day Christmas!

Nic....I know you'll be busy with all kinds of family fun. Enjoy!

----------

Nothing much going here. Up early, as usual, now Gabby is happily fed and purring on my lap. I made ham & string beans yesterday and we will go have dinner with Betty early this afternoon. DD & her family should stop by late afternoon/early evening.

I have to start thinking about packing for my trip to DSis's. I'm not taking much. Jeans, a couple sweaters, and lounging around clothes. Done! I'll leave tomorrow around Noon after "M" and I finish with Betty's care. I'm not looking forward to the drive....2.5 hours.

Have a happy day everyone!
  #201   ^
Old Sun, Dec-25-22, 07:58

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!

Trig- I am SO SO SO happy you got your water back! I too was thinking about you yesterday!
You know it's funny, I was thinking, wondering if you still had that "old goat" left in your barn. It is more like a pet at this point. Did you name her?

I am truly glad you are up and running! - Urghhhhhh on a sink of dirty dishes. That would bug me too! I don't go to bed with dishes in my sink. Yeah- something about that! Say no more! I feel ya!

You are leaving tomorrow still? Pack warm! This is a record breaking low temps. Goodness. You might like a fire pit! LOLOLOLOL
What are you making for dinner?

Nic- I had to grin over your day yesterday! I know you are having a great time. Yum and more yum over the steak house dinner. Sounds like all is well.
over having to stay up past 11! That cracked me up. I went to bed at 9 last night! I get it!

You have today to look forward too! I will be thinking about you and your family truly celebrating the way big families do! ENJOY YOURSELF!
LOVE IT!

Lori- I know you are enjoying today as well. IS DD staying for dinner? Was your ham and beans good? I know Betty will enjoy them.

I am glad you get some time with sis too! What are the roads like up there? DRIVE SAFE!
----------------------------------------------------------------

So last night I got to chat with my "kids" in Australia. They are having a trip of a life time. My SIL- his parents are living there. That is where he is from.
It was so interesting to also see pics from the kids. Summer there and near 90.
She also was talking about the culture there. She loves it. People there cherish free time, travels, and outdoor living. She also noticed how fit and active people are there compared to here.
She said most people visit the clean beaches weekly and all the stores close at 430 so people can go home to family. She also said- it is not as commercialized as we are here. No fast-food. They also do not have GMO, or highly processed food. Also there is not a focus of food over there. They eat to live healthy and move on.

She sent a picture of their "Christmas table". It was not a carb laden fest. It had salad, shrimp, sweet potatoes, and ham. period. There was fruit for dessert. Just so interesting. I would love to see that country. The pic of the beach was amazing. The water there is lite emerald green/blue. Just beautiful. So jelly!

Anyway, it made my day to chat them up on Christmas eve. They are 17 hours ahead of us- I think. It was Christmas day for her yesterday.

I got great sleep last night. Chatted up my son most of yesterday and a few gal pals also called to touch base. It was just a wonderful day. I did not feel alone.

I also had one of the other nurses texted me to ask if I wanted to join her at some upscale restaurant last night. I feel sorta guilty saying no, but I just wanted a day to myself.

Tonight, is ribeye and crab legs. I splurged last night and indulged on cheese and pepperoni. It was fine, but I am up 4 pounds sorta bloaty. Who cares. That is the way my body handles dairy. It was good and holiday. Today I am back on my tight WOE.

Ok ladies- off for another cup of coffee.

HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!!!!!! WE ARE BLESSED!
  #202   ^
Old Sun, Dec-25-22, 13:45

BF:

Hello sweet friends and merry christmas!

Trig- Super yay for water being back on! It's a Christmas Miracle!
How did DD like her gifties?

Lori- Super nice that you and DH will see Betty tonight and also DD. Plus time to yourselves! Sounds perfect all the way around.

I know you will have so much fun with your Sis!

Jaz- you sound happy and relaxed. Time on the phone with both your kids, a treat meal and just some down time- all good! I can hear it.

The UK is like that too- no artificial dyes, no HFCS, no GMO and much less sugar even in things like yogurt etc. In other countries the "bread" that Subway makes and uses here in the US isn't even ALLOWED to be called bread in those countries- it is classified as a sweet bread like a muffin. That is how ridiculous the sugar situation is in America!

••••••••••••••

It has been a truly wonderful Christmas thus far with the Fam. Really, really nice. Really good family time yesterday, good family time today and soon an additional six will be coming over for apps and dinner. All happy stuff!

It has been really fun to watch the evolution of the "kids" and gift giving. They put a lot of thought into what is given (particularly DD) and it is so fun for me to get to be surprised too, you know? She finds some really unique and personal stuff. She needlepointed a stocking for DIL that matches the ones that were made for our family by DH's mom. She also had the coolest electronic books made that are of DS24's wedding vows etc, and also had one made of OUR wedding over 30 years ago. So incredibly sweet. SoIL did all the editing for ours because the WHOLE wedding was filmed along with reception etc- apparently he spent hours upon hours on it.

Anyway just warms my heart to see the love and care that these grown kids have for each other.

All right, folks will be here in half an hour- I gotta go get ready!
Merry Christmas!
  #203   ^
Old Sun, Dec-25-22, 18:23

BF:

NIC- I just LOVED your post straight up! Good times and tons of love. Straight up perfect
  #204   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-22, 04:47

BF:

Good Morning!

My furry alarm clock went off at 4:30, as usual. Now she's content lying on my lap sleeping. Sigh......

I'm meeting "M" at Betty's at 9 and then I'll come home and grab my stuff and head to my sister's. Betty enjoyed the ham & string beans yesterday. She ate a nice serving and even asked for a little more.

Last evening we went to our Grandson's(14) birthday party at the other Grandma's. We also took everyone's Christmas gifts and got that done. I'm glad to have it over with. Our DD was going to come to our house today, but I told her that I wouldn't be here and so we exchanged gifts last night. All good. Our son was there too, so we gave them their gifts too. Ok.......that's over.....bring on golf season!

I hope you all had a lovely day. I'll check in tonight when I'm safely at my sister's. I'm looking forward to sleeping past 4:30 in the morning!

#205   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-22, 05:01

BF:

Monday Morning!

We got two travelers today! Lori/Trig!

Lori- Safe safe safe travels today. I hope your roads up there are cleared and no ice. What I see on the news up "north" is grim, on the roads. Hopefully none of that applies to you!

I know sis will be happy to see you! Any plans for you two besides going to dinner every evening? How long are you staying?

Trig- Our second traveler. I know the roads here are clear and actually it is warming up ever so slightly. I would be hitting up the beach today and tomorrow if I didn't have to work! Nights are still cold though. Cold for here!

You ready to pull out? RV packed to the gills and ready? Is kiddo going this trip?

How was here Christmas? Was she pleased? What did you have for dinner?

Nic- We need details how your dinner with for 16 went! I know you had a grand day yesterday! How long is DS24 staying? Did he chat about any decisions yet on all those offers? 8/8 WTG! I know his dad is proud following his footsteps.

Did everyone love the way you decorated? LOVE the sloth!
------------------------------------------------

I just finished chatting up my DD who is in Australia. It is night time there, and 530 am here. Crazy!
They went to the Zoo today and saw the koalas and kangaroos. How fun is that!

I am sipping coffee and thinking about my day. We are still on holiday staffing. I would think this week will be odd. Most people are on some sort of vacay between Christmas and New year's. Not much happens. Then Jan. 1st roll around and everyone wants stuff done YESTERDAY!

Since I didn't "do" a tree this year- or basically celebrate, there is nothing to take down. Maybe next year!
Ready for New Year!

My gal pal said she was coming still, but I keep trying to nail down dates and not getting them. Hummmmmmm. I am on the fence about a long stay. A few days fine, but it's hard to do much after work except crash and repeat. It's hard when fully dark at 530.

Ready for Spring!

I am already thinking 2023! Hoping this year is a great one. Ever since March 2020- the world has been turned upside down in way nobody could even imagine. I am hopeful we get back to a place where things stabilize a bit.

I am also hopeful that by time next year I personally am in a better place. I want to hit goal. I am over half way there!
I have a few other personal goals. I am not one for the New Year promises. But I think goal setting personally can and should happen all the time! YUP!

Speaking of goals- I am down 1/4 gained over this weekend! LOL- salt, cheese.
Well, I hear the pup just got up (he thumps, when he rolls out of bed) it's the funniest thing. Got to walk him and pour more coffee and think about warming up my ride and heading out!

Have a good one!
  #206   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-22, 08:13

BF:

Ahhh great reading everyone's wonderful Christmas post and good times had by all!!!

leaving tomorrow. got propane tank issue on rv and gotta have that but hubby fixed it but it put us behind a day. no biggie. leave tomorrow.

pain in azz is the 1 last retired goat so gotta get Barb to come and check water each day til temps rise on Thurs so that won't be too bad ya know.

I AM SO over this cold. SO OVER. As fast as possible and get kiddo handled and all I am either going to buy a condo down south just to snowbird the hell out of here next winter, or just book 3 months at a campground in lower GA or FL and friggin' snowbird that way. I don't care how. But I ain't doing winter here anymore if I can help it I can't tell you guys how much I despise this cold to the ultimate. Won't moan anymore, I know I got 'plans' for next winter for sure, ain't gonna be freezing my azz off up here HAHA but that next winter has to come but by then, yea I will handle it in some fashion

fun day. standing rib roast good. Lori...safe travels today!

chat up later, got crap to handle here! be good all
  #207   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-22, 08:43

BF:

Howdy Ho, day-after-Christmas-ers!

The festivities are somewhat behind us now, but there are more upcoming.. DS20 will be DS21 on Wednesday, so we will celebrate that, and then something for NYE probably. We are still feeling our way along. NYE has always been HUGE for us as a family, but DS24 and DIL will be heading back to NYC this afternoon and won't be here. Not really sure how/what we do without them. We have many years of "Crazy Dinner" and games galore and it will feel weird and a little sad without them here to do that. I'll talk with DH about it to see what he thinks.

I was totally channeling "Future Nic" last night. All I wanted to do was crash out but I also knew that if I (somewhat we but DS20 and DH helped a while and then slowly ghosted lol) didn't get things cleaned up and put away, I would be a sad Chickie in the morning when I came down to a mess, and I would feel crabby the whole day about it. So I sucked it up and got it done. It is nice to have today to truly feel like I can kick back a bit. Also, DH has to go back to work tmrw instead of his usual week off so I feel for him. He needs to break he gets bc it is so limited.

A couple of loads of laundry going through today and everything will be finished.

Generally speaking I did well yesterday and throughout the holiday season. I had planned for a bit of sweet stuff yesterday. Did super well in the morning (3 bites) and not as well in the evening. I did not go off the rails nor did I overeat really, but I did eat more than I had set up for myself in my meal plan. Back to "normal" today and happy to do so.

For ME, I am glad I am not weighing daily. I will weigh sometime in January just to see where things are, but no rush. I am doing what I am doing regardless so in the whole scheme of things it really doesn't make much difference.

Lori- Safe travels!

Trig- Sorry for your delay on leaving but glad you can go tmrw. I absolutely can see you "snow birding" it!

Jaz- I wish you didn't have to go back to work today, but I think you did a good job of taking advantage of your down time.

I thought your friend coming to visit was canceled- that you had told her that you couldn't accommodate her dog or something like that?

Hugs to all my friends! xoxo
  #208   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-22, 11:03

BF:

Nicco so get ya on that cleanup for sure nothing worse then waking to a mess. I never liked that. I grew up with Mom 'finishing' the kitchen to perfect and then the ol' sayin' 'kitchen is closed' LOL and I go by that also. Too bad ya got ghosted tho HA

Yea Jan we all start clean and fresh and in tune with what we wanna do. I need to move thru winter. Gonna have to someone bust my willpower to do anything with movement. I feel so sluggy lately.

------------OK GUYS GET THIS.........driving to grocery to get few cases water and soda for them and few snacks etc for rv and I put down my window and it won't go back up. YUP. Had to turn car around and go home, hubby took out the window button contained part and it was broken. Called and only Autozone had part was up in Hickory. far kinda drive by hubby is off getting it, can't leave my car home with window down, no garage for it, only built a 1 car big garage back in the day and it holds the golf cart and all 'his hoarder tool crap too' and I could put it under carport I guess but no way I am leaving that happening LOL I was 'cry' or 'scream' or 'laugh'. I chose Scream. SO FRIGGIN' over crap going sideways then laugh

took N's car to store. omg so small. her Buick Encore has like NO back space for grocery and certainly not darn cases of water etc. and it has this 'back lid' layer thing that comes down to 'cover the loot' ya got put in there and it ruins the use of space too. OMG thank heavens for my full big azz size SUV ugh

but her car drives so nice so that is good.

stopped at Barb's, she will handle goat. Rex and son were fixing water....Barb had no water this morning ugh....by the time I left they had it running but Rex was laughing who knows how long so use the darn water ya want while ya can. I tell ya guys us southerns are dying down here....we ain't cold prepped at all.

2022 LAST QUESTION OF THE YEAR.....will we get outta here tomorrow? NO IDEA truly.

key good thing is I paid already so whatever day we get there don't matter, we already own the site LOL I hate wasting money like this but at least my spot is held for us 'for when the hell we do get there'

Over and out all.........I can't take much more ya know. Older I get more brain frail I get. Hope this part and hubby can wire and fix? we shall see.
  #209   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-22, 13:07

BF:

I made it! Safe and easy trip to DSis's. I got here about 12:30. Sunny and a bit cold, but nothing like it was a few days ago.

OMG Trig......I can't believe all the crap being thrown at you when all you want to do is get away for a few days! Sure hope you're able to go tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Got here, had a beer and some cheese and we're going to head out for dinner early, around 4. We need to make a stop at the liquor store for either Bailey's Irish Cream or Rumchata.......just a little tipple before bed!

Talk to you tomorrow!
  #210   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-22, 17:33

BF:

OMG Trig- I had to go back and read and then RE-READ! Both RV and CAR issues?????? WTH?!?!?!?
Girl you are pulling my heart strings. I feel ya in so many ways! All you want is a change of venue for a few days to CHILL. But oh no!!!!!

Dang I hope you can pull out tomorrow!
You know you COULD get you a little condo in St. Simon, Or Jacksonville, Florida, something sweet. Plus- rent it and MAKE only on it!
Just a thought.

Lori- so glad you made it safe and sound!!!!!!!- No beer this trip?!?!?!?!?!?!? Baily's is a good coffee mix for BREAKFEST! HAHAHAH
Where are you going for dinner?!?!?!

Nic- I get it. All need spic and span before the next day. Waking up to a sink full of dirty dishes just sets the day wrong. You are right- instilled in us by our mothers! HAHAHAHAH

Hey maybe you and your hubby could do something special just the two of you for NYE! YA know- preview of being a couple of two! Empty nester , new memories! Do something special!
---------------------------------------------------------

Tired, story of my life. I am going to get blood work done in March. I think I am going am going to ask to be tested for thyroid. But hey until then I suck it up and keep moving.

Day was ok- chugging along. I got notice that my lady I rent from is going to jack up my rent by 500.00 a month come March, as it is "IN SEASON". I am already paying 2500.00. 3K is out of the question. I just don't think I can afford to stay here even if the Hosptial offers to extend. Housing here is OFF THE CHAIN. sighhhhhhhhhh so........ that is that.

At least I got a heads up

I too am getting back to fresh start on Jan. 1st Actually I started today- I don't need a certain date!
Had a cob salad and it was frekin amazing. I made it so no crap in it. It has been a good long minute since I have had lettus, iceberg. It was good. I don't think I could handle kale- urgh. No thanks.

Anyway- nothing really new. Still have not heard from my gal pal after requesting potential dates?!?!?!?!

Them my mother said she is coming in Jan. Lordy Lordy- Insert eye roll. Thankfully it will be a very short visit. Fri late- Sat. leave Sun. early. yeah ok but still already stressing over it. I know first world issues!

Don't sweat the small stuff- I am learning!

Nite ladies!
Closed Thread