Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#196   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 00:37
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

OY... it is 12:30 am..Sunday just made it here ! It was hard today. Stupid but true.
Ate barely nothing.. one SIP coffee and hc..really one sip..
1:30PM was first spke protein Lunch.. 3 oz chicken leg w/ skin
2:45PM had large bowl Lucky Charms w/ 2% milk and one med.Banana... FULL.. tried to have 7/8 of one eatmela raisen cookie.. could not have last tidbit!
DINNER: #2 spike...CHINESE BUFFFET... 12 mussles with maybe 1/2 tbl coctail sauce.. 3/4 C rice ( conservative estimate.. it was one glop...) not good but rice anyway....1 skewer of chicken terriaki about 1.5 oz...several differnt sushi things.. maybe 1/2+ more steamed rice there and about 2 oz fish assorted types. had a nice serving of string beans too...1 cup rice pudding, water to drink.
HOME in desparate need of a stomach pump.. JODI felt the same but ate differently and maybe more.She eats much faster than I do.. I eat with chop sticks and savor every bite!
At home we watched season 2 disc 1 of Blue bloods.. had...1 cup ice cream.. half rum raisen and other was strawberry, 5 marischino cherries, 2 bites of that bear claw that I HAD to have..ugh.. gave them to Carl... made a final protein drink.. had 3/4 of this mix of 2% skimmed milk and one Atkins' shake. I could not drink the entire thing.
I WAS IN PAIN form all the foods. I will put this in my tracker as best as i can figure..oh hell.. probably not but maybe.. ??

OH.. wanna laugh?? on that blog site for t his WOE..many thread posts and one dealt with someone gaining water.. I had posted my articles that I usually offer up.. and another answered that maybe that was what explained her losing inches after a month... I again replied that that it was the water leaving.. well, miss no-it-all chimed in.. "THAT is called that a WHOOSH".. NO SH*T SHERLOCK answered on OUR TEAM we call the special event is casued by Miss WHooshie and the gains are her eveil twin Ms MUSHIE... bet it catches on! and they claim it as their idea LOL!

I wish more of us were weighing and tracking daily.

I also would have hoped for more folks doing this plan that were here for support.
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 01:03
Registered Member

BF:

I AM really really really trying to track my foods and keep getting the WEBPAGE HAS EXPIRED garbage knocking me off. I cannot get anything charted! Will go back on in the morning. for now, at 1: AM, I am too tired.

Is anyone else very thirsty after CN? Both of us here are extremely thirsty.Maybe the Chinese foods and lots of MSG??
Now this is rather interesting.. on both CNs, I got the old tendon spasms im one foot. Wonder what has triggered that to happen.
Hope you all are getting a better rest than we are! G'nte:E
  #198   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 01:07
Registered Member

BF:

HELLOOOOoooo out there and you are welcome to join us here. With 9,132 views I have to think that we have a group interested in this thread. PLEASE do come on and join or ask etc.We would love to meet you
  #199   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 06:13

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

PAULETTE:
DAY 1.....2/09/16: 209.2
2.....2/10/16: 208.8
3.....2/11/16: 208.4
4.....2/12/16: 210.0
5.....2/13/16: 212.0
6.....2/14/16: 210.2
7.....2/15/16: 210.4
8.....2/16/16: 208.6
9.....2/17/16: 206.6
* CN...2/18/16: 207.4
DAY 1.....2/19/16: 209.6
2.....2/20/16: 208.6
3.....2/21/16: 208.4
4.....2/22/16: 207.6 (surgery day)
5.....2/23/16: 212.4
6.....2/24/16: 211.8
* CN.....2/25/16: 210.0
DAY 1.....2/26/16: 211.4
2.....2/27/16: 208.8
3.....2/28/16: 209.2

I am up .4 today. Probably flux. But I wonder if my scale is being wonky! It showed all sorts of weights this morning and would not settle on one. I stood there for a long time before it settled on this one. This has happened with my dumb scale before when it was wet, but it is very dry now and I am wondering if the weight from yesterday was not correct. I thought a 2.6 lb whoosh was awfully large for a couple days after CN!!! And it DID do the same undecided thing yesterday, too! Well, perhaps tomorrow will give me a fast spot-on reading that I can rely on. I am still down and that is all that matters.

CRICKET - I do not find myself thirsty after a CN, so it is probably that sodium. I'm glad you enjoyed your night out, and I feel the same way when I do a CN. It is like I am forcing myself.

I have to find a happy medium of food that will not leave me feeling that way. My last CN was not even enjoyable. But in order to get enough High glycemic carbs in, I have to eat stuff that is far too filling. And I always feel I am lacking in nutrition when I do a CN. I really need to find a menu that will hit the sweet spot, so to speak.

It is HARD to do a CN!!!!

I am thinking that next time, I am going to try something more densely concentrated 1st off, rather than my super-filling fluffy cereal. Then maybe by the time dinner rolls around, I can actually have it this time! I am always too full yet to eat a proper dinner.

I am going to try making a low-fat high-protein muffin recipe this time. It will have the proper carbs, and proper protein, and hopefully will not leave me feeling bloated for the rest of the day! Then perhaps I can eat my second spike in the form of a meal and do a snacky thing before bed as the plan should be done!!!!

My next CN falls on a day when we will be out of town, so the Mexican Restaurant is the plan for dinner. This will be a much healthier option for my carbs than just popcorn, like I had last time. I will have "whatever" as a snack before bed. Not really thinking of that now. I'll grab a brownie mix or something next time I am at the store...

LIANNE & HW - I am curious to hear how your nites went. Do you also experience the difficulty of doing this as CRICKET & I do? Do you plan it and track the carbs and calories? Or do you just wing it and let it fall where it may?
  #200   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 08:54
Registered Member

BF:

Cricket:
Day 1.....2/09/16: 171.2
2.....2/10/16: 167.0
3.....2/11/16: 164.8
4.....2/12/16: 165.2
5.....2/13/16: 164.0
6.....2/14/16: 164.0
7.....2/15/16: 165.2
8.....2/16/16: 165.4
9.....2/17/16: 165.0

#1 * Cn...2/18/16: 164.0
1......2/19/16: 165.6
2..... 2/20/16: 165.2
3......2/21/16: 164.4
4......2/22/16: 164.2
5......2/23/16: 164.0
6......2/24/16: 164.6
7......2/25/16: 164.0
8......2/26/16: no weigh in

CN#2........................2/27/16: 163.2[/QUOTE]
1......2/28/16: 168.4

up 5.2 pounds from yesterday ..pretty impressive I am not dismayed at all. It is Chinese food sodium induced.
AGAIN barely made it though the CN..ugh. I have some serious replanning and so does JODI.. which is funny.. She said there was no limit to what she could eat and sweets were bottomless....she found the bottom fast! She feels lousy and I am tired from no sleep. SO, this morning I had a large mug of coffee and HC in it. I will have some protein in there eventually but right now I cannot think of eating anything! I have to take my pills and have trouble with the thought of even that. It is 8:45 am so the day is young.
HOPE to be able to get the FitDay working for me today..it is not them as much as my server I think.

Hi DUSTI... how ya doing? Lucky Craig to be thin! Nice to be able to have your CN when you want and not have to avoid anything. It is always better to talk things out.
LIANNE.. hope you are having a great w/e too!

GOOD MORNING VIEWERS
  #201   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 09:36
Registered Member

BF:

FINALLY got the foods for CN on the tracker!!
1558 calories
172.9 Carbs .............45% WOW
84.8g Protein.............22% wanted it higher but a spike is a spike
56.2g fats...................late night foods in ice cream= 32%

HEADS UP... lecture on MY OPINION COMING UP.. so pass it up if you do not want to read. It is what I NEED TO SAY...

I know we do not count the CN things but I HAVE TO to see what I have and how I react to them over weeks. Only way to last long term on any plan is to not hide and face it to work it well. I cannot just sit by and guess. My body and health are much too important to me. It is not a matter of mere numbers or inches. I have seen fat and shiny horses fed on cheap and poor quality foods and in the long term they become quite ill from the poor diets. That will not happen to me. Unlike those animals, I can chose for myself. I have to be in control with my eyes wide open. ATKINS says to weigh daily. He knows a lot more about many health related issues than does KIEFER who is not an MD or a nutrionist. He came upon this plan by accident and then sought to educate himself on it. I will always consider the broader picture. This WOE makes sense in the hormonal deplettion aspects but frankly I cannot agree with many of his followers not weighing in or tracking.
CHELLE, I adore you and you know it. You are doing this for a while and it is working for you. You kow me for almost a decade now..and you know I cannot ignore the control issues

SO, for me, this is needed. I have come too far to slip away in the dark.
  #202   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 10:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

[QUOTE

HEADS UP... lecture on MY OPINION COMING UP.. so pass it up if you do not want to read. It is what I NEED TO SAY...

I know we do not count the CN things but I HAVE TO to see what I have and how I react to them over weeks. Only way to last long term on any plan is to not hide and face it to work it well. I cannot just sit by and guess. My body and health are much too important to me. It is not a matter of mere numbers or inches. I have seen fat and shiny horses fed on cheap and poor quality foods and in the long term they become quite ill from the poor diets. That will not happen to me. Unlike those animals, I can chose for myself. I have to be in control with my eyes wide open. ATKINS says to weigh daily. He knows a lot more about many health related issues than does KIEFER who is not an MD or a nutritionist. He came upon this plan by accident and then sought to educate himself on it. I will always consider the broader picture. This WOE makes sense in the hormonal depletion aspects but frankly I cannot agree with many of his followers not weighing in or tracking.

SO, for me, this is needed. I have come too far to slip away in the dark.[/QUOTE]

Where is my like button? LOL
  #203   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 11:46

Plan: VLC - Atkins Style
Stats: 260/218/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket56
I AM really really really trying to track my foods and keep getting the WEBPAGE HAS EXPIRED garbage knocking me off. I cannot get anything charted! Will go back on in the morning. for now, at 1: AM, I am too tired.

Is anyone else very thirsty after CN? Both of us here are extremely thirsty.Maybe the Chinese foods and lots of MSG??
Now this is rather interesting.. on both CNs, I got the old tendon spasms im one foot. Wonder what has triggered that to happen.
Hope you all are getting a better rest than we are! G'nte:E

Cricket I was SO thirsty on my CN and am still today. It explains somewhere in the book that this is to be expected because each carb gram is stored with 3 water grams so eating carbs sucks all the water out of our system to store those carbs. This is the same water that will whoosh away when we go back to vlc. It is also why you get the leg cramps....mild dehydration. I can remember what part of the book he talked about this. Maybe the FAQ section? He says to drink lots and lots of water and eat banana before bed for the potassium.
  #204   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 11:50

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1

LIANNE & HW - I am curious to hear how your nites went. Do you also experience the difficulty of doing this as CRICKET & I do? Do you plan it and track the carbs and calories? Or do you just wing it and let it fall where it may?

Paulette, I found CN pretty hard to do too. I couldn't get through dinner and flat out couldn't eat the Dairy Queen Craig planned for after dinner. I agree with you that this will take some tweaking to find foods that will be the high GI requirement, but not be full of gross artificial ingredients or be unenjoyable. I had a rough plan of what I wanted to eat, but didn't track or count anything. I just went for it.
  #205   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 12:08

BF:

Happy day after carb nite! My hands are so swollen I can't even link them together! Things went ok. I started with two bowls of Captain Crunch and some marshmallows then had a meatball calzone for dinner. I got through 3/4 of it, but it took some work. Craig planned on Dairy Queen after dinner - he's very enthusiastic about feeding me carbs - but I just couldn't do it. I waited a couple hours before I nibbled on popcorn through our movie. Right before bed I finished off the calzone and ate the chocolate chip cookies. I slept well, but didn't notice any excess heat. I am not craving any carbs today and am happy to get back to my normal diet. I have to run out to the store and buy some cream for my coffee. I have a pork roast I'll make later today and eat with some sort of veggie. We're going to the driving range later today. It will be interesting how my swollen hands do.

I forgot to get on the scale this morning. My parents came over and I did their taxes for them.

I am chugging water and tea today to try and flush the water out. Ugh. I don't like this swollen feeling.

Have a great day everyone!
  #206   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 13:34
Registered Member

BF:

HI YA RINGAMAJIG (?) that is one mouthful LOL.. and I cannot type!! Does your appearance mean you will be joining us here? That would be nice.

DUSTI>>>I had no heat this time either. Fine with me. I have RLS and have a strange deal with my tendons spasming out for years. it has not a thing to do with this plan. As for the bananas.. ..have to smile... there is not enough potassium in them to make any difference at all take some potassium gluconate for this and not what Keifer says.. he does not have the credentials for this YEs, I know all the oldies take a banana for breakfast for the depletion for their diuretics and it is not enough..The thirst is from higher sodium foods. You had a lot of it in what you ate, and I certainly did as well. It is also normal to gain water weight when you eat off plan from normal foods on plan. You sure do react to water retention.. not alone but did not have it that severely.. rings tigh and fingers puffy and could not bend my toes ( don't laugh ) JUST and FYI there... ask anyone on the A-TEAM what happens when they eat off for a meal or day!! Not to worry as this is all so normal and will drop off. It is also normal to replace that fat loss with water even when following the plan. Just a fact of cellular repairing . All good. You will do great and be fine !!! SO, the three of us here have discovered that our eyes are bigger than our stomaches.. well make that 4 since I drag Jodi here too ...I will still have the same coffee or tea, and cereal for lunch and a fruit..I happen to enjoy the banana in the cereal.. or will add srawberries too. Just a lot less of it! that is spike 1.. dinner is going to be simple as well and staying home. I have burgers and will have buns as well! add that corn on the cob this time and that is it for #2..then before bed I will do popcorn and maybe a Klondike bar. To me that is enough.
I HAVE to ask if you ae now weighing in as before and not the once a week as previously posted?? I hope so. POLLIE and I are lonely
what is with Craig and his need to feed you carbs?? Is he prefering you chubbier??? Never know! I used to say I was built for comfcomfort and not abuse LOL!! He loves his lady and he is just wanting to make you happy with the old comfort foods that is natrual too!!! It took a few years, but now Carl just asks.. are you on or off plan today ??? HAVE TO LAUGH!!!
KEEP drinking.. I cannot! I am so nauseaus. tried to eat a bit of chicken and took maybe one ounce and put it away! YUCK. had a couple of pecan halves as well and not interested in that either. Maybe by tomorrow i will be back to normal..hope so.

Beautiful weather here and Jodi was working the Dutch warmblood who has his first dressage show of the season in 3 weeks, and rode Bubba the TB.. turns 20 in May and acted like an unbroken 2 yr old in the driving long lines!! that is a TB for ya!

SHOUT OUT TO ALL NOT HERE
  #207   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 15:06

BF:

Oh Cricket, you asked and I just relayed what Keifer said in the book, not my personal opinion. My experience is different. I eat LOTS of sodium even vlc and it doesn't bother me a bit. If I get leg cramps, the only thing that helps is to drink salt water. Funny how we are all so different. I think that's what makes "one size fits all" diet plans so challenging. Fortunately most of us perma-dieters have done so much reading and researching over the years that we have figured out how to tweak things to work for us.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about daily weighing yet. I'm leaning against it but I'll decide in the morning.

Craig only wants to feed me carbs because it allows him the freedom to choose anywhere for dinner and to have dessert. I don't think he thinks beyond what his own stomach wants. I consider him neutral and not necessarily supportive or not supportive. I only see him on the weekends so it's not really a big issue.

I fasted until 1:30 today. I just wasn't hungry. Had coffee with coconut oil this morning and that did me just fine. I sadly learned that the veggetti doesn't work on eggplant. I might could find a hack - maybe it needs slightly frozen beforehand or something. Anyhow, since plan A didn't work I ended up cutting a few thin slices of eggplant and browning them in coconut oil then added spaghetti sauce and some cheddar cheese on top. Small meal but yummy. I need some protein so am making a pork roast tonight. That will feed me for a couple days.

I guess that's it. We'll head out to the driving range in a bit. I hope my puffy fingers can hold the club! I'm chugging herbal iced tea today.
  #208   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 16:19

BF:

perma-dieters.

#209   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 16:35
Registered Member

BF:

Hi DUSTI.. sorry if I sounded like I was snapping.. when I ask if anyone had that, I really did want to see personal not quotes That is very odd indeed about how much sodium you have and about the cramps but you what? S ome people are just depleteing and you may be one of them. I hold onto ever tiny bit and only lately have begun using it since my BP runs high and low and mostly extremely low now.
Not pressuirng you to weigh at all. You have to do what you want to do.
PERMA-DIETER is really a great to put what we are!!!

I just made 2 scrambled eggs in one TBL butter at 4PM and i is teh only solid I have had. Nt calling it a fast. Just eating when hungry but I had a stomach full of pills and needed to have something in it. Had some hot tea and adollop of HC with it. AND that is all I am having..ugh.. I have the pool in the morning so I HOPE this only CN related!!! I have missed too many already.AnD want to go to the gym afterward for a bit. Just a reclining bike and hydro bed and breif tanning.. I MISS the UV!!! only 2 minutes at the lowest setting.

SO CRAIG is like Carl in being tummy driven LOL!! It can be hard seeing the other half of the team only weekends..but it IS quality time so always a little of a honey moon
  #210   ^
Old Mon, Feb-29-16, 05:53

BF:

PAULETTE:
DAY 1.....2/09/16: 209.2
2.....2/10/16: 208.8
3.....2/11/16: 208.4
4.....2/12/16: 210.0
5.....2/13/16: 212.0
6.....2/14/16: 210.2
7.....2/15/16: 210.4
8.....2/16/16: 208.6
9.....2/17/16: 206.6
* CN...2/18/16: 207.4
DAY 1.....2/19/16: 209.6
2.....2/20/16: 208.6
3.....2/21/16: 208.4
4.....2/22/16: 207.6 (surgery day)
5.....2/23/16: 212.4
6.....2/24/16: 211.8
* CN.....2/25/16: 210.0
DAY 1.....2/26/16: 211.4
2.....2/27/16: 208.8
3.....2/28/16: 209.2
4.....2/29/16: 207.0

Down 2.2 lbs this morning, and still distrustful of the scale which wavers between too many numbers and takes a long time to settle on one. I may need to buy a new battery soon.

But I am pleased with the drop. It seems the surgery is healing and the swelling is going away. I am finally showing a positive loss now. I just hope it is an accurate weight.

In about 10 days it will be a month on CNS, and I will do the official measurements then to see if there is any difference. Last week when I checked they seemed the same. I have been the same measurements since summertime. This has been a very very long stall and I am putting my faith in this CNS method, hoping it can finally break me through. I will give this plan a decent amount of time to prove itself. A few months for sure. Things don't happen overnight. Change is good. I needed change.

Chicken/avocado salad on spinach is the plan for lunch. Leftover venison patty for dinner. Coffee, cream and yogurt fill the gaps.

LIANNE - I hope your CN went well and you are over it without a problem. How is it treating you? Are you seeing any results?

HW - (I know you are Dusti, but I really like saying HW) Reminds my of Heavy Whipping Cream. I hope your hands are back to normal today! It is great to get back to the reg LC diet after the CN.

CRICKET - I agree with you. I refuse to let my CN be an excuse for a free-for-all carb and calorie pig-out. That seems counterproductive. I want this plan to work as the science dictates and get my hormones cycling. I am following this plan to break free of my super stall and I need to be in control to observe the results. In order to do that, I must track.

I think I found a good recipe for a low fat, high protein muffin which I will have to test out on Thursday. If it turns out edible, I will have to make it a base for my CN. It will make a great start to the night, fill me, but not leave me feeling bloated with volume. I hope! And I am still looking forward to fajitas on this next CN! And actually being able to EAT them!

You all have a great day!
Closed Thread