Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Sat, Mar-17-12, 09:16

Plan: atkins 72
Stats: 308/282/165 Female 5'9"
BF:...whatever!
Progress: 18%

I'm sorry it did't work out for you, but kudos for trying!!!
I find that the breakfast (BAB) is truly the key for me. Been doing this for a about 3 weeks?? and the couple of days I didn't have so much protein for breakfast, or tried to depend on a shake holding me, it set the tone for the rest of the day.

I have come to crave my BAB's and then I'm held for the rest of the day.
Today is hamburger patty and 2 fried eggs with my coffee.

and just like MisterE I'm only margionally hungry later in the day. just like I like it. hunger is too dangerous for me, thats when I'm weak.
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-12, 16:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249.2/242.6/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Actually, I did bacon/eggs for breakfast the day I got hungry. I'm not sure why I was hungry that night. Had a salad for lunch and roast beef with onions and mushrooms at dinner. My stomach was just growling before bed, though.

The next day with the protein shake and bacon I went almost as long before lunch and was fine with a light dinner.

I don't like to do protein shakes very often and when I do, I have 5 or 6 pieces of bacon too, just use them to break the bacon/egg routine up a bit. I don't like to eat non breakfast food at breakfast for some reason.

I made the pork rind french toast this morning, and went like 8 hours before I was hungry again.

I did a 45 min bellydance dvd and I've started the Skogg kettle bell dvds

Everyone seems to be doing great. And welcome to the Leptin reset, MisterE
  #183   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-12, 11:15

Plan: Atkins/Primal
Stats: 189/161/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 72%

Ended up having to drive to the coast this weekend for a family emergency so had to put the LR on hold for a few days.
Sigh...what can you do?
Oh well, back at it tomorrow morn and hope to have no more surprises...the LR is a wee bit hard to do on the road...
  #184   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-12, 13:18

I read some more last night and it will take about 4 to 6 weeks before skipping lunch will be ok, so don't be too hard on yourself if you have carvings, or that your breakfasts don't hold as long as you want them to. Be patient. I know that this may not be so easy for some, I feel that for me, i was guided into it at the right time in my life and that it's what I'm meant to do. Everyone has different levels of satiety and comfort.

Do what you can, and if it's not right for you, try to find what is.....

I'm really happy here where I havn't felt this comfortable with any other WOE..... ( well, as comfortable as you can be as a carb addict!! LOLOLOL) I felt comfortable emotionally shoving cake, pudding, and treats in my mouth, but my body said otherswise!!

if this is working. no need to fix it.

Hey Deezil, keep it safe on the road!! we'll be here when you get back! Have you thought of packing chicken salad, egg salad or jerky?? just a suggestion.

Delaney, have you read JK's blog? he suggests not doing any exercize before 5pm unless necessary for sleeping better, then after you're reset, then crank up the HIIT.

I'm still a chicken about the CT, but when my stomach doesn't feel very good, a cold pack sure does help!!!! showers are barely lukewarm, and just a spritzer of cold at the end......
  #185   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-12, 13:35

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by esam
Hey Deezil, keep it safe on the road!! we'll be here when you get back! Have you thought of packing chicken salad, egg salad or jerky?? just a suggestion.

I'm back now...got a frantic call Thurs night...no time to plan any meals. Starting again tomorrow morn with a BAB and back to the LR protocol.

The good thing is that I've been lc for so long that, when I did get a break to eat, it was all 'legal' foodies.
  #186   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-12, 14:03

I'm not getting enough protein into my breakfast..... I entered my food into my fatsecret acct, and I am barely getting 42grams with my bacon and egg breakfast. That will explain why it itsn't holding me as well until lunch.
must make my bab's into B-A-B'S......

also was reading from JK that I should not expect to skip meals until my LR is done and that to do so prematurely would be harmful.

see it always pays to read the instructions!!! LOL
  #187   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-12, 14:55

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Hi

Just posting to get this thread on my Subscribed Threads. This is something I want to read up on!
  #188   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-12, 16:14

Plan: Atkins/ carnivore
Stats: 302/270/190 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 29%

I have switched to the larger breakfast and cutting off all food by 7 which has really helped me with night eating which is one of my bad habits.
  #189   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-12, 16:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_man
I have switched to the larger breakfast and cutting off all food by 7 which has really helped me with night eating which is one of my bad habits.

I noticed in the three days last week (when I started) that flipping my eating habits on their heels did not cause me to eat any more by the end of the day. I think the timing of meals will be the key. I think going from someone who NEVER eats breakfast to consuming a BAB first thing in the morn (and no snacking) is what might keep the insulin rollarcoaster a little less intense.

I'm looking forward to getting a full 4 weeks of this eating style under my belt and seeing how different I feel. I really hope my sleeping issues will show some improvement in the next month or so...I mean, the sooner the better but I understand these things take time.
  #190   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-12, 16:58
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

I, too, am anxiously looking forward to seeing my results at 4 weeks in. After 5 days, of doing the program as outlined I just went thru a record setting pollen count for Atlanta - over 8000!!! The highest ever recorded here. Why do I bring this up? Well, for starters I am on oxygen 24/7 and it did not phase me in the least. A major change in my life. Normally I am stuck in a recliner with a full-face mask sucking down the o2. Plus my legs have not been working as well as I would like but today - for the 1st time in 3 years (?) I was able to stand unassisted for a full minute. And I did that every hour from punch to dinner. Again, a major change in my health.
So, I put up with my protein shake and eggs in the morning. I eat every 5 or 6 hours. I eat clean. I stop eating by 6:30PM.
My next hope is to get more than 90 minutes of sleep at a time. But...baby steps. And coming from ME that is best I can do. But I am proud for each health gain I make. :-)
Plus, I feel great. Happy. Satisfied.
Here is to us all having a great future with every success.
  #191   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-12, 20:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterE
I, too, am anxiously looking forward to seeing my results at 4 weeks in. After 5 days, of doing the program as outlined I just went thru a record setting pollen count for Atlanta - over 8000!!! The highest ever recorded here. Why do I bring this up? Well, for starters I am on oxygen 24/7 and it did not phase me in the least. A major change in my life. Normally I am stuck in a recliner with a full-face mask sucking down the o2. Plus my legs have not been working as well as I would like but today - for the 1st time in 3 years (?) I was able to stand unassisted for a full minute. And I did that every hour from punch to dinner. Again, a major change in my health.
So, I put up with my protein shake and eggs in the morning. I eat every 5 or 6 hours. I eat clean. I stop eating by 6:30PM.
My next hope is to get more than 90 minutes of sleep at a time. But...baby steps. And coming from ME that is best I can do. But I am proud for each health gain I make. :-)
Plus, I feel great. Happy. Satisfied.
Here is to us all having a great future with every success.

WOW!!
What great news!! I sure hope these wonderful effects continue...and even magnify in the future.

So awesome, MisterE!!
  #192   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-12, 10:53

you guys are all doing so amazing!!!!

I have also noticed that my sleeping habits have made an abrupt turn around!!! I have NEVER been a morning person, I remember in high school, my mom would give up trying to get me up for school, it would turn into a screaming match because I literally couldn't wake up! (great way to start the day, huh?!!!) Even my husband had dispaired of me getting up with him in the morning for our quiet time together ( he's up at the crack of butt every morning!!) but since doing this, I swear, I'm up, out of bed and starting on my BAB by the time he's out of bed!! I feel refreshed, I'm not draggin butt, and it's amazing!
( almost as amazing as you MisterE!!!) kudos by the way, you rock!!!!!

I haven't lost any more weight in the last 3-4 days, but there are so many other positives that have come from this, that I'm not flipping out over it. I know that if I increase my exercize that I can get doing in the downward direction..... JK says that once you get reset, to crank up the HIIT and I've been reading that CT is primally important, so I need to see what I can do to get that going better.
I can easily put ice packs on my stomach while watching tv, thats not a prob. but the whole ice bath is daunting......
  #193   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-12, 17:02

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by esam
you guys are all doing so amazing!!!!

I have also noticed that my sleeping habits have made an abrupt turn around!!! I have NEVER been a morning person, I remember in high school, my mom would give up trying to get me up for school, it would turn into a screaming match because I literally couldn't wake up! (great way to start the day, huh?!!!) Even my husband had dispaired of me getting up with him in the morning for our quiet time together ( he's up at the crack of butt every morning!!) but since doing this, I swear, I'm up, out of bed and starting on my BAB by the time he's out of bed!! I feel refreshed, I'm not draggin butt, and it's amazing!
( almost as amazing as you MisterE!!!) kudos by the way, you rock!!!!!

I haven't lost any more weight in the last 3-4 days, but there are so many other positives that have come from this, that I'm not flipping out over it. I know that if I increase my exercize that I can get doing in the downward direction..... JK says that once you get reset, to crank up the HIIT and I've been reading that CT is primally important, so I need to see what I can do to get that going better.
I can easily put ice packs on my stomach while watching tv, thats not a prob. but the whole ice bath is daunting......

I've been doing cold showers. I am not brave enough for the ice bath. I really need to figure out a way to get dinner in earlier, I think. I'm not getting quite 4 hours before bed. My commute is long. I think I need to figure out a way to make more food on the weekends in preparation.

I'm also wondering if I'm eating too much protein later. I'm doing like 5 pieces of bacon and 4 eggs in the morning, a salad with a little chicken (3 oz) or beef today (about 3 oz) and then at night usually 4 or 5 oz. Maybe more veggies instead of meat at night with mayo or something?

I'm trying to be patient and give it time too. I didn't get into this shape overnight.

Giving up coffee has not gone well, I had only morning coffee for 2 days, then I had a cup later in the day the other day.. ugh.. I'm such a coffee addict.

Mr. E, that's awesome that you are seeing progress! I'm pulling for you.
  #194   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-12, 20:38

Plan: ZC/VLC
Stats: 243/220/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

Have you guys also been doing the light stuff? I have been turning off the lights at night, I put luxe on my computer, and think I will order a pair of blu blocker glasses. Also skipping my sunglasses and trying to get out into the sunshine

got in my cold tub last night. trust me guys, I was the queen of the HOT bath! I lurved sitting in a hot bath. I just start with a lukewarm shower with the drain closed, then sit down and switch the water to cold. I have not added ice yet, but the water in Wi is pretty frosty. Think I may do some cold packs when I go to bed at night too.
really, try it! its not that bad. I feel kind of tingly afterward
  #195   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-12, 07:02

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln88
Have you guys also been doing the light stuff? I have been turning off the lights at night, I put luxe on my computer, and think I will order a pair of blu blocker glasses. Also skipping my sunglasses and trying to get out into the sunshine

got in my cold tub last night. trust me guys, I was the queen of the HOT bath! I lurved sitting in a hot bath. I just start with a lukewarm shower with the drain closed, then sit down and switch the water to cold. I have not added ice yet, but the water in Wi is pretty frosty. Think I may do some cold packs when I go to bed at night too.
really, try it! its not that bad. I feel kind of tingly afterward

I might try it after I do bellydance tonight. I get quite warm working out. A cold shower actually feels nice. Doing it the way you are may not be such a shocker.

The water here is still quite cold too, even though the air temp has been in the high 70's. It's too soon to be this warm.

Protien shake with 2 eggs, 5 pieces of bacon this morning. I'm soo full this morning