Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 10:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/165/130 Female 5 ft 5 in.
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaypeeoh
Since we are now 'under the gun' of mideast oil, should we go back to hunting whales for their oil? Personally, I think we should stop raising cattle and turn all that land into corn or sedge or anything that can be made into alcohol.

perhaps you ought to research the ethanol situation a little more fully.
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 11:03

Plan: food? what's food?
Stats: 234/185/165 Female 62 inches
BF:nothin' but wobble
Progress: 71%

so let me see if i understand correctly... you walked in here, intentionally posted statements that you admitted were from complete ignorance, continued to argue that ignorance in the face of being handed facts, and you wonder why we reacted negatively to it?

maybe you need to take a little trip to amsterdam and chill out for a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piet
I've enjoyed it, and you've provided useful material for my book.

let me state right now that any material you've gathered from this little escapade of yours that gets published without our prior consent is grounds for a lawsuit. have a nice day .
  #183   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 11:25

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 296/178/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Much less
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyCarol
Just proves that I wasn't the only one bored. Did you fail to notice that there are 95,658 of us and one of you? We are a 'family' of like-minded people and we seldom get to show our fun side so fully. You're just mad (as in angry) that we didn't take your uninformed hogwash seriously.

Sunny!
Actually, I probably misspoke (typed) with that statement. It's probably 95,657 of us and two of you. The Piet (Troll) persona and the other persona under which you usually post. I don't for a moment think that "Piet" just stumbled onto this site and placed his first post in the War Zone with such a helter-skelter agenda.
  #184   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 11:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/180/165
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye_w
perhaps you ought to research the ethanol situation a little more fully.

From what I've heard (on NPR) if every scrap of earth in North America was converted to growing corn, it still wouldn't be enough to replace America's gas needs. But there are benefits to a cleaner fuel that we can produce ourselves. Where I live, wind turbines have recently sprung up and more are planned in other parts of the state (Wyoming). Even if I have to pay more, compared with gas, it's worth it to not be cowtowing to the ragheads. Were it not for oil, Americans wouldn't be dying in Iraq. IMO.

If every scrap of land was turned over to ethaol, the corn produced would be too valuable for food. That should be something a lowcarber could relate to. But better forages exist. Sedge is a wholly useless fast-growing fiber source that can be converted to ethanol. IMO.

Ethanol won't solve our problems. But it's one step toward a better 'carbon footprint'. IMO.
  #185   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 11:36

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
To those who made tasteless remarks about animals in the hope of winding me up, you only let yourself down. They say that people who are cruel to animals usually go on to be cruel to children.

Disclaimer:
**No animals were harmed in the creating of this thread and the resulting replies, although some gray cells were certainly distressed.***
  #186   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 11:42
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I can't wait for the book to come out. I have a new box of crayons and everything! I do hope there are orang-utans and gir-aff-ees in it!
  #187   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 11:43

BF:

Quote:
From what I've heard (on NPR) if every scrap of earth in North America was converted to growing corn, it still wouldn't be enough to replace America's gas needs. But there are benefits to a cleaner fuel that we can produce ourselves. Where I live, wind turbines have recently sprung up and more are planned in other parts of the state (Wyoming). Even if I have to pay more, compared with gas, it's worth it to not be cowtowing to the ragheads. Were it not for oil, Americans wouldn't be dying in Iraq. IMO.

If every scrap of land was turned over to ethaol, the corn produced would be too valuable for food. That should be something a lowcarber could relate to. But better forages exist. Sedge is a wholly useless fast-growing fiber source that can be converted to ethanol. IMO.

Ethanol won't solve our problems. But it's one step toward a better 'carbon footprint'. IMO.

I don't think you understand. It takes more energy to CREATE and DISTRIBUTE ethanol (not to mention stress on the land) than is created by ethanol.

"ragheads"? how juvenile is that. I'm not interested in getting into a political discussion here, but the iraq thing was about much more than oil. Google "The Project For the New American Century".... THAT is what the iraq war is about.
  #188   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 12:00

Plan: Not sure yet
Stats: 253/218/155 Female 69 inches
BF:D:
Progress: 36%

Quote:
You guys are still fighting with Piet? It shows a lot of insecurity (imo) on your part.

Naw. As Sunny pointed out, its uncharacteristically cold down South at the moment. Since I had planned on having my boyfriend seductively smear my body with coconut oil and 'lay out' in the sun to get a tan, this is the only alternative enternaintment at the moment.

Sadly, I'd much rather be laying out in my bikini than surfing the net.
  #189   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 12:01
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Even if I have to pay more, compared with gas, it's worth it to not be cowtowing to the ragheads. Were it not for oil, Americans wouldn't be dying in Iraq. IMO.
Racist comments are a direct violation of the Forum Rules. Please review the rules and refrain from this behaviour, or posting privileges will be removed.

In addition, political debate is no longer permitted here, in accordance with our policy regarding Closure of the Current Affairs Forum.

If any member has concerns about the appropriateness or offensiveness of a message, please use the report tool to bring it to our attention.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Doreen
  #190   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 12:30

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
In addition, political debate is no longer permitted here, in accordance with our policy regarding Closure of the Current Affairs Forum.

sorry doreen, I should have refrained from adding political comments.
  #191   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 12:37

Plan: food? what's food?
Stats: 234/185/165 Female 62 inches
BF:nothin' but wobble
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryfonclaw
Naw. As Sunny pointed out, its uncharacteristically cold down South at the moment. Since I had planned on having my boyfriend seductively smear my body with coconut oil and 'lay out' in the sun to get a tan, this is the only alternative enternaintment at the moment.

Sadly, I'd much rather be laying out in my bikini than surfing the net.

i generally log on from work... so i actually got paid to argue with the guy. how sweet is that?
  #192   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 12:37
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I'll share my crayons with you, popeye.
  #193   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 15:27

Stats: 225/225/145 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:

I am a Muslim and find that statement ignorant, can you make a point w/o demeaning people? Preferably facts and not opinions please.
  #194   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 15:50
Registered Member

Stats: 185/180/165
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuna
I am a Muslim and find that statement ignorant, can you make a point w/o demeaning people? Preferably facts and not opinions please.

I apologize. Frustration with what is happening in Iraq is upsetting. American dying for questionable goals makes me angry. When I'm angry I look for something to lash out at. It was immature and I promise it won't happen again.
  #195   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 21:24

Plan: LC - 50C or less
Stats: 455/246/200 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 82%

AHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA ----

Let me just say that I didnt read all the posts .. only the first one. But it gave me a good laugh and Im sure you all ripped him a new one and informed him on how IDIOTIC his post reads.