Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-05, 08:00

Plan: LC/hypoglycemic friendly
Stats: 204/207/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:?
Progress: -5%

Tila-- good to hear from you. That 2 hour commute sounds painful! But it also sounds like your dog hikes and walking for work really fits into getting moving, and that's great. When time is scarce you do what you can do!

Akasha-- welcome back to the board. Way to go on the 3 days! I am 3 days cheat free also,a nd feeling good. We should make it a mini challenge to see who can go longest! I am always up for some fun healthy competition.

Golflady-- how you doing? Still going strong?

I want to know where Kim is... and where the heck are our slices of manwich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still in the game. Down another couple pounds. Flushing fluid, but enough to keep me motivated. I am 5 pounds from where I left off and then I can move into loosing in the uncharted territory again instead of reloosing. My exercise yesterday will have to be counted as the dancing I did at a bar-- don't usually go out during the week-- or much lately at all. But it did me good. The funcky mood I've been in forever seems to have lifted and life is looking a little better again-- for this morning at least!

Have a great morning everyone!
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-05, 16:54
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

I am here and posting a 3.5 pound loss for the week. Have been getting exercise in and last weekend was cheat free. This weekend will also be cheat free (or I hope anyway). Have a great weekend everyone!
  #168   ^
Old Sat, Oct-15-05, 10:22

Plan: Restarted LCHF 1/22/17
Stats: 288.8/160.2/135 Female 5' 1.5"
BF:66.1%/33.5%/24%
Progress: 84%

Congrats to everyone being cheat free for days and on those weekends. This one is going to kill me! LOL. My best friend that moved to Arizona last year is back in town visiting. We all went out last night as a huge groupe and visited all the old hangouts. I drank way too much (for me, who rarely drinks) and ate a few things i shouldn't have (like 1.5 slices of bread dipped in that yummy herbed olive oil at Carrabba's!). I had 2 lemon drops, 1/2 a bacardi and diet and a 1/2 a jager bomb (Eeeew! Tasted like cough syrup! How DO people drink taht crap?! LOL). I was quite drunk, but danced and had a blast with all my old freinds.

I am down to 124 on teh scale now, the past few days. I am afraid that what i am losing now though is some of the muscle that i had built up going to the gym. that sucks. I hope i am wrong, and that i'm still losing fat, but i don't know. With school and moving and league pool and practice night for that and new job, i haven't gotten into a routine of making it to the gym. My work schedule is also not set anymroe, like it used to be. I used to work all days, so i knew exactly when i could go to the gym after work. Now i work all different shifts, so i can't have a "normal" schedule like i want. I'm afraid i've lost all taht muscle i had built up and i hate that!
  #169   ^
Old Sat, Oct-15-05, 13:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

Hi guys- I'm just checking in. Not doing well with anything I told myself I was going to do, so I need to think about why that is, however, I do continue to do well eating on plan and I'm not gaining, so I guess that is something!
  #170   ^
Old Sat, Oct-15-05, 22:03

YAY! I made it to the gym today! I have my whole week (until next saturday) all planned out as far as when i will go to the gym based on my work and school schedules. I hope i can actually do it! It's so hard still trying to get settled. But, at least i went today, and it felt good, though i did get tired faster than i was when i left the YMCA. I'm sure i'll get back into the swing of things though, at least i hope to.
  #171   ^
Old Sun, Oct-16-05, 13:41

Stats: 234/189/147 Female 63 inches
BF:Yep.. still there!
Progress: 52%

Hi everyone! Hope you are all getting on well!

I set my goal as weight at 10lb with drinking all my water each day.

Am glad to say I'm halfway to the 10lb loss.. yep lost 5lb this week. And have been a good girl with my water too!

Have just invited some friends to lunch next sunday and my girlfriend asked if she could bring desert.. I wasn't too shy to say it's ok we'll do it as we're on atkins! her ears perked up and she asked what we aren't allowed and ran through a list of 'allowed' ingredients.. she's bringing desert! Atkins friendly!

Things are definately easier 2nd time around!
  #172   ^
Old Sun, Oct-16-05, 22:03

Good job purplejane! Glad to see you aren't having a harder time the 2nd time around - a lot of people do! Congrats on your loss!

Well, no gym for me tomorrow, even though i had planned to go. I won't likely make it, as i will have to come home after work to let the dogs out and feed them. Chris won't be home all day. Oh well. Wednesday hopefully i will make it.
  #173   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 05:34
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

Hey everyone, I made it through another weekend cheat free, that is 2 in a row. If you know me that is almost a freakin miracle! Sure hope the world doesn't come to an end over it. I seem to be doing much better and eating good and getting exercise! Hope everyone else had a great weekend!
  #174   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 08:20

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Woo hoo Golflady and PurpleJane!!!
We had house guests fri am thru sun. I did pretty well if you dont count the beer(uhh huh! Darn beer!).
I have a friend who has been dreadfully ill for months. She was feeling better (insert huge smile here!!!!) and actually came out with the guests and us sat night! She hadn't been out since last winter so it was wonderful!!!!! I was just tickled pink and it was so so great for her~
  #175   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 09:00

Great job Golflady! I know how hard that is sometimes to not cheat!

Rodmick - glad your friend was able to come out for a bit, must be pretty serious to stop her for so long. I hope this means she is slowly getting better.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!
  #176   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 14:44

Wow great news from everyone! Old friends, cheat free weekends, and FINALLY someone else who hates Jagerbombs as much as me!

I also did well this weekend other than some Michelob Ultra-- and not much. Ate really well, drank water, and even got an hour walk in last night with a friend. Feeling good and really on track for sure. Didn't even crave the crispy kreme donuts in the house this weekend! Back down to 135. Left the last challenge at 133 and didn't want to focus on the scale but rather fitness-- shaping and toning. That hasn't gone great as we all know, but I'm getting back the mental game and the next challenge much more happening for me I know!

We have some missing friends around here-- hope you are all o.k. and will check in with us soon-- good news or bad-- we're here for you!
  #177   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-05, 10:13

yes, those jagerbombs are dreadful! I knew i didn't really like Red Bull, but had never had Jager before. YUCK. I don't know what Jager by itself tastes like, but the combination just reminded me way too much of cherry cough syrup. BLECH! LOL

Well, i have NO CLUE when i'll actually make it to the gym again. I was thinking yesterday i should bring my rollerblades down here to Chris's house, then realized that these roads are horrible, and i'd never be able to 'blade for long. They are SOOO worn out and old and really need resurfacing. Not like THAT will ever happen! LOL
  #178   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-05, 10:15

Oh, forgot to mention that i did not have a cheat free weekend. LOL. Sunday was waht did me in, but i really had no choice, being on an island and all with no grocery store and just a bunch of condos. My only choices of food were NOT LC. I ate enough to satisfy me, but did not overdo it (as in, i did not eat the WHOLE box of Cheez-its or the WHOLE bowl of Caramel-filled hershey's kisses), but i ate more than i should have of it, and was up 4 lbs as of yesterday. I went from 124 to 128. Today i am back down to 127, so hopefully it is all just water and will go away quickly. At least i don't feel so fat and bloated today like i did yesterday. LOL
  #179   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-05, 10:26

I have to tell you guys how bad I am out of shape from just a few weeks ago! I went for an hour walk Sunday night and my BUTT HURTS today! I wasn't wearing the most ideal shoes for walking and it just hit in those muscles. That is SO SAD!! However when you start to feel muscles it's a motivation to feel others. It sucks to feel jello like- I'd like to feel like things don't move when I walk! lol!

Still doing good eating, with water, and have been more successful in cutting off my eating later at night. I go to school from 5:30-10 and it's hard not to eat during that time when people bring in things to share for dinner break, or go out afterwards for food. I am just passing though and people are o.k with it and not offended- thankfully.

Anyone doing anything fun for Halloween???
  #180   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-05, 10:58

we have a party every year.. so gotta plan lots of atkins friendly foods! Deviled eggs went down a treat last new years...

We foster, so have lots of children and invite friends, nieces and nephews etc. usually around 20 or so.

Play games etc.. kids now expect it to happen! lol which is fine by me!