Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 13:44

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 157/147.5/138 Female 5 ft 6 1/2 in
BF:?/26%/24%
Progress: 50%

Good news on the loss, Nancy.

I am also trying to stay away from AS - so no diet Jello or diet Crush, even at RM.

What kind of exercise routine do you have? I tend to workout most mornings when I first get up. And I think that another advantage of the RM is that, unlike Atkins, when I workout in the morning my muscles are still loaded with glycogen from the night before - my workouts are feeling really good lately!
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 13:50

Plan: Atkins---> CAD!
Stats: 126/116/116
BF:
Progress: 100%

That's another reason why switching from Atkins to CAD is necessary for me..--exercising. Before Atkins I used to do tae-bo for half an hour, and run two miles 5 days a week (okay so it isn't THAT great! but it was something; considering I work and go to school). But I haven't been following my exercise routine since I started the Atkins Induction. I just don't feel like my body is up to it; all I want to do is lie down. Hopefully the problem is that I wasn't getting any carbs to get my body going, and CAD's RM will be the solution!
  #168   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 16:01

Plan: CAD + reg. fast
Stats: 214/153.5/135 Female 5'6"
BF:34.5/18/14
Progress: 77%

Hmmmm... this is my 4th day on CALP, took the weekend of (exercise wise) and I am curious to see what happens in the morning when I am back on my routine. Would LOVE it if my muscles got a little kick! Oh, one little personal success to share... Started Pilates classes about 3-4 weeks ago. Last week, the regional 'guru' came to check how we were doing and after class asked me if I would like to become one of her instructors.... apprentice ship under her! If 2 years and 70 lbs ago, someone would have told me this would happen, I would have had that person institutionalized!!! Could have screramed - I was literally speechless....just my little tid bit for the day, and an incredible motivator to keep on going right where I'm headed!
Oh, 2 lbs down this morning, but still, after tonight's RM, doubtful about that scale in the morning. Thanks to all your wonderful successes though, I do BELIEVE and KNOW it'll be alright. If all else fails I'll just .....om.......om.....om.........
Keep up the good 'work' everyone!
  #169   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 16:28

Plan: Atkins to CALP to general LC + BFL
Stats: 188/174/150
BF:
Progress: 37%

I AM ABSOLUTELY LOVING THIS THREAD!!

The successes are increasing every day and it's so encouraging! 2 pounds here...2 pounds there...all add up to a happy bunch of CAD/CALPers!!

Here's a big cheer for everyone!!
  #170   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 16:49
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/297.6/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 37%

Julie
You daugher is beautiful. You know, if you don't like the potato, you don't have to eat it.

CAD and exercise

That's also one of the benefits. You have enough carbs in your system to give you energy and strength for lifting and exercise. Sort of a natural carb up.

AS is a very varying thing body chemistry wise. But if you're sensitive to it. Look out! It can even slow you down at RM some people say. For some reason, reaction is better with regular sugar.

Keep to the path, everyone (oom, oom)
  #171   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 17:20

oom-ing, oom-ing............
  #172   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 04:34

Plan: CAD/Atkins/CALP
Stats: 265/176/150 Female 164 cms
BF:

ooming ooming I went overboard today with my rm. Not to worry tomorrow is a new day.

Did everyone still loose weight around TOM? I lost my initial 2 pounds and now the scales bounce up and down. Hopefully it is just TOM. How much does everyone loose after. And does everyone tend to put on pounds just before?

Sorry about all the questions. It has been awhile since I have done CALP and am not sure what to expect.

#173   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 04:52

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hi All

Just a quick post while I'm on my break. As regards the potato zulieka I dont think I will be bothering anymore - as I now find the taste weird.

Thank you for your comments on my daughter - they were sweet and yes she is good for not doing or eating anything high carb in front of me. Although I've now told her this is ok when I'm eating my RM.

Can I ask - does anyone still get headaches?

I have found since starting CAD that I get a dull headache most days - I've always noticed this before when I've had more carbs than I should have. Is this normal for CADers?

Anyway better go - will OMM OMM on my break - unfortunately it does not make the children any pleasanter on a monday school day lol

bye for now
  #174   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 04:57

Plan: CAD/Atkins/CALP
Stats: 265/176/150 Female 164 cms
BF:

Yes I still get headaches but not as bad as last week. I did not think I would go through it because I had come off Atkins to CALP.
  #175   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 05:49

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 230/136/136 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

hi, all.
*plum nervously steps officially into CAD*
day 2 today. Up 2 lb but feeling good.........
I dont understand this at all.... but we'll see I do feel better than I have for a long time.......mood wise that is.
Following all your fortunes with interest... thanks.
  #176   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 08:09

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Welcome, Plum! Feeling "good" is one of the benefits of CAD/CALD. And it doesn't go away!

Take care....
  #177   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 08:43

A welcome from me as well, Plum! Glad to read you're feeling well on this!
I am on day 5 and back up 2 lbs. Was wondering about those little headaches...never had them before.
Here's my plan for the coming days.... I think I got over the initial rush of being able to eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING during RM, and believe me, I DID!!! After soooo long without... Time to get a handle on things again and slow down a little on the simple carbs. I think I was carbo-drifting just a bit too much! So that's the plan for today, but I am so greatful for having gotten my cravings under control WHILE eating all those wonderful things in the past few days. That in itself is worth more to me than a lost pound right now! So, on to the next step and getting the portoins just a little bit down now! Has anyone else experienced this at the beginning as well? Do tell, pleeeezz! And have a great day, everyone!!!
  #178   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 09:08

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Boy, I sure did! The first few days I overate so badly my stomach hurt!!! But it was fun. I am trying to cut back to a more reasonable amount of food now, and some days hit it pretty well.
  #179   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 09:27

Thanks for the reassurance, Skyspinner!
I feel pretty severe residual guilt from my Atkins times right now, especially since I can also feel the extra water in my body. I need to quit this damn self-punishment :-( I really need some help getting over that! 10 am , no hunger, no appetite....
  #180   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 09:37

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 157/147.5/138 Female 5 ft 6 1/2 in
BF:?/26%/24%
Progress: 50%

Tiggerlou,

Congratulations on being asked to apprentice with the Pilates instructor - are you going to do it? I've been taking a Pilates class myself for the last couple of months - it's only once a week - next session I'm going to sign up to go twice/week - I don't think once a week is enough.

As for overdoing it at the RM - I have had the same reaction to starting CAD as you - I post my menus in my journal - you should see some of the stuff that I eat at my RM Thank goodness I exercise a lot! On the other hand, on Atkins I used to snack a lot - always on LC stuff, but it was nuts and LC choc etc. I haven't used fitday since switching to CAD, but I'm thinking of entering the numbers for yesterday just to compare the total cals on the two plans - if I do, I'll post the results.

I'm hoping that as I become increasingly comfortable with this plan that I will naturally cut back on the RM.