Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Mon, May-14-12, 07:26

Plan: JUDDD 4/30/2012
Stats: 154/141/135 Female 54.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
Yesterday was a good down day. I didn't eat anything until 5:45 (just had coffee 3x throughout the day). And I was actually not starving all day long like I usually am when I spread 3 tiny meals out throughout the day.
Can't figure it out really, but I'm going to try that a few more times, just eating at dinner, and see if that isn't going to work out to be easier for me. I know other JUDDD'ers have said they do that, but I didn't think I could go that long without eating, yet I did!!
I do the same thing, I just try to stay busy with other things, drink lots of fluids, especially the 5 cal per cup chicken broth with 1 TBSP half and half and cracked pepper once or twice a day. I always seem to get hungrier as the day goes on (on a DD) so I figure it's best to have the bulk of my cals later in the day, is no good for me to try to go to sleep when my stomach is growling!
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Mon, May-14-12, 07:55

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose
JUDDD Week Two Summary...

Starting weight 4/30: 154
Weight 5/7: 151
Today's Weight: 152

Inches Lost:
Waist: 1.5
Hips: 1.5
Each Thigh: 0.75
Each calf: 0.75

Clothes are fitting better, I feel smaller.

Energy is really good in general.

Such a bonus to be able to eat what I WANT, not what I HAVE to, to lose inches. This past weekend I had off with my husband, UP Day Friday and Sunday, Down Day on Saturday. I did not count calories, just was aware of approximate calories/portions for each day and eating until just pleasantly full, and took note of how I felt after I ate. Amazingly enough, I seem to have a pretty good idea of what to eat and how much when I don't have to restrict so much of my food intake. I feel as though I am more relaxed with food. I have not felt this in so long I forgot what it was like. It is awesome.

I think this is the best part of JUDDD!
  #168   ^
Old Mon, May-14-12, 08:27
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Peggy, I had an easy down day too. I started off the day with a shake with the konjac powder. Midday was the P2 chili with shiritaki. Mid-afternoon I got too warm and so I made some strawberry sorbet (< 50 calories). Then dinner was another shake.

Oh, I did eat one or two HB eggs, forgot about those.

I was actually amazed at how I didn't get overly hungry in the evening, even when I was cooking food to eat today!
  #169   ^
Old Mon, May-14-12, 10:34

BF:

congrats Buttoni on the website! I will stop over there today and be one of the ones to get you over the top!!!
  #170   ^
Old Tue, May-15-12, 08:16
Experimenter

BF:

Well, I'm still see-sawing back and forth: Up two, down two. No inches lost that I can tell from clothing fit.

*sigh*
  #171   ^
Old Tue, May-15-12, 08:25
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Nancy, I'm so glad your DD's are getting easier for you, too. I was beginning to think I was never gonna get to the "loss of appetite" and liberation from food obsession stage the LCF forum JUDDDer's kept talking about. But I think I'm there finally. I'm finding I can manage with just coffee all day long. Long as I keep busy around the house, do some yard work or stay on the computer a bunch, any twinges of hunger are fleeting and short-lived. I now think I could entertain the notion of doing JUDDD long-term. Sure is nice being able to tell DH he's on his own for breakie and lunch every other day. And he doesn't mind getting those two meals on his own. We then eat just about the same thing for DD dinners; exactly the same thing on UD's.

Thanks Tbagram. I made the half a million hits on Saturday as predicted. I usually average 1000 hits a day so I was pretty sure I'd hit it on that day. Man, when I hit 1,000,000, which I figure will come in about 17 months, am I ever gonna celebrate! My brother, a former executive chef, never thought a low-carb site would get much traffic. Even HE is surprised! Let's just hope I can lose this last 19# a lot SOONER!!!!! LOL I just hope my regular readers don't mind I post the occasional shirataki tofu noodle recipe there now that I'm doing JUDDD. I guess even strict LC'ers sometimes enjoy those noodles.
  #172   ^
Old Tue, May-15-12, 09:31

BF:

Down another 3 #!!!!. I have not seen the teens in I dont know when. That is 219.
The other day I was off work on a DD. First time I was at home on a DD since I started. I was busy in the garage, sorting and throwing things. Didn't eat until late afternoon. Kind of like the idea of eating once or twice a day. The key is to stay busy and coffee ( I think).
  #173   ^
Old Wed, May-16-12, 08:01
Patience Personified

WTG tbagram! That's FANTASTIC! Yes, coffee and stay busy. That's working for me, too. I'm still hanging at 159, seems like a month now. Beginning to think my metabolism has figured out what I'm doing and fighting me again. Dang, I've trained it well over the years of dieting. I was hoping JUDDD would "heal" that, but am having some doubts. But I don't ditch programs easily, so I'll be sticking with this one for at least a year, I suspect. If I'm still at 159 in a year. Man, I may just give up and decide my body is perfectly happy at 159 and is not prepared to go any lower.
  #174   ^
Old Wed, May-16-12, 08:53
Experimenter

BF:

I didn't lose a single pound on my down day, I've still got my +2 from my last up day. *sigh* I must be retaining water or something.
  #175   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 07:52
Patience Personified

I held on to the 2# I gained a month ago for the longest time, Nancy. But I think I'm dropping it off finally. Scale has dropped to 158 today. So back down to my lowest again. Hope it doesn't bounce back up. We'll see if this holds. It's a down day and I'm trying to not eat until dinner. They say you shouldn't recalc your calories until a long stall, and I figure a month at 160 is long enough. I recalculate to 335 DD and 1628 UD, so I'm going to try to adhere to those numbers strictly, instead of just doing the 500 cals. on DD's. Don't know if that will help, but I find skipping breakie and lunch easier than spreading my cals out into three pitifully small meals a day, so I think I can do it. Will try this tact for awhile and see how it goes.
  #176   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 10:54

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
I held on to the 2# I gained a month ago for the longest time, Nancy. But I think I'm dropping it off finally. Scale has dropped to 158 today. So back down to my lowest again. Hope it doesn't bounce back up. We'll see if this holds. It's a down day and I'm trying to not eat until dinner. They say you shouldn't recalc your calories until a long stall, and I figure a month at 160 is long enough. I recalculate to 335 DD and 1628 UD, so I'm going to try to adhere to those numbers strictly, instead of just doing the 500 cals. on DD's. Don't know if that will help, but I find skipping breakie and lunch easier than spreading my cals out into three pitifully small meals a day, so I think I can do it. Will try this tact for awhile and see how it goes.

Hey there, I know I am new to this, but do you think your cals may be too low? Especially if you exercise. I saw a post from someone recently that said she dropped her cals, stalled, and then had to increase them to start losing again. Curious...
  #177   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 13:12
Experimenter

BF:

I'm going to start limiting my eating window to 8 hours on both days.

I only gained 2/10ths this UP Day... probably because I didn't lose anything on my down day. *grrr*

Over all, I've gained a couple of pounds following this but the ways things have been for me, I probably would've gained it anyway.
  #178   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 13:54

BF:

UD today. 1913 calories.

I have calories to "spend" for today. I make choices now, rather than putting every thing I want into my mouth. Do I want this or that today? What really sounds the best today that I think I will really enjoy? I can have the other thing in 2 days if I really want. This freedom is awesome!

I am feeling smaller and my summer hiking shorts feel looser than last time I put them on about a month ago. At that time I had to spray them with water so they were damp so when I put them on they would stretch and fit! Today I did not have to do that. I still have a bit of a muffin top when wearing them, but I have made progress losing inches in these 2.5 weeks, even though I have only lost 2 - 4 pounds, depending on the day I weigh. Happy with this WOE so far. Excited to see what is next!
  #179   ^
Old Fri, May-18-12, 09:59
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose
Hey there, I know I am new to this, but do you think your cals may be too low? Especially if you exercise. I saw a post from someone recently that said she dropped her cals, stalled, and then had to increase them to start losing again. Curious...

cactusrose might be on to something here.

I ate almost 1000 calories on yesterday's DD, which was several hundred more than typical. I ate "so much" because I did a lot of hiking (I'm on vacation) and needed energy. Today, I'm down over 2 pounds relative to yesterday. My weight had been stuck at 176-178 for over 3 weeks and today it is 175 pounds, which is my lowest weight of 2012 and my lowest weight on JUDDD. Maybe some extra calories helped.
  #180   ^
Old Fri, May-18-12, 11:19

BF:

All I know, is that I don't feel like I am dieting at all. I really don't have to think too much with JUDDD. I have my go to foods on my DD and on my UD I ballpark my calories. If I dont loose for a week or two I dont worry about it. It had been a few weeks that I didnt see any loss and then all of a sudden 4 pounds are gone. I also don't think about carbs anymore! That alone has been wonderful. I think I am trying to make good choices now and not be over the top with "thinking". Have I said this before? I LOVE THIS WOE!!!!!