Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 14:23

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Free day...

Thanks for the replies......I didn't mean go off LC, just stray from eating the 6 meals, etc. At this point, I can't imagine going off LC once a week! I would feel like the exercising would just be to support that one day of eating a week
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 16:32

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

So how is everyone doing this week? I must admit the February blues have kicked in... I want nothing more than to stay at home burried under the covers Work? blah! Workout? Blaher! Going to step up the tanning and see if it helps.

I have done my workouts; it just hasnt been with 'joy in my heart and a spring in my step'

How 'bout you?
Nat
  #153   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 17:37

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Angela, that's great!!! Are ya sore???

Hey Nat, I just read your post about measuring, and of course you are right. I had a rough week last week, down on myself. Better now! Last week was full of killer workouts. This week I feel like I need to sleep for 3 days straight too. Making sure I'm eating good, going to bed early, getting in a good amount of good carbs (I think anyways). Hopefully, we'll all feel better and it's just winter blahs! I have been eating non-stop this week, got the hungry horrors. Usually is a good thing!

Tricia: free day would be the end for me now! I'm also afraid of the thought of it at this point, OWL is scary enough, unchartered territory for me!

Laurie: does having a few beers bloat you up? I'm afraid to have more than one. One leads to 8 or 12.... Nah, I've been good actually!

Hope everyone is doing well!!! Sorry for being slow, not getting notices in the email makes me forget!!!
  #154   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 00:24

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Hey, thanks for asking DarkLotus! I've felt great with pyramid style lifting. I had just starting working out (just joined a lovely new Y) and hadn't been pushing myself like I am now. Feels great to know I really worked those muscles and the cardio kicks my butt. Still don't think I can commit to a challenge as I couldn't take the guilt if my schedule got in the way. But I am pluggin along with the concept of it at my own pace.

Did an upper body today and planning to go for the rest of the week alternating. I've also been taking a yoga class a week. I do it mostly because I love the stretching and relaxation. Really frees up that spine for good posture. Anyone here fit in time for yoga or pilates type exercises?

So... pluggin along! I want these last ten pounds to be FAT loss and be lean and strong. So excited as I'm feeling it happening.

Thanks for all the support. Don't you just love this forum?!

Best,
Angela
  #155   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 07:46

Plan: low fat,lowcarb..high pro
Stats: 302/175/155 Female 64 inches
BF:52/not good/22
Progress: 86%

Hi guys I am having a fabulous week. Feeling great and sore at the same time. Seeing a marked improvement. Nat I know the snow is depressing but we all know that spring is around the corner and that means short sleeves so we can show up are sexy arms. And you have them girlfriend, while im still trying to find mine. Dark I do think if I have more than two I am at bloat city the following two days so take heed. Last weekend I had two vodka martinis instead and there was no bloat but more of a considerable buzz if you know what I mean. Skamito I think your doing just great and wheres tricia??? Hope your kicking some butt as well. Afterall we both want to wear a bikini in the near future. Have a great day guys. LBWO for me today at noon.
Laurie
  #156   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 08:49

BF:

Ahhhhhh bikini! Laurie, you're such a tease

Weather certainly has me down - but there's a little more to it than that. "I have been cigarette free for 1 Week 3 Days 17 Hours 23 Minutes 30 Seconds." Cigarettes not smoked: 193. Money saved: $78.76 - the withdrawal wasnt bad the first week but the past two days it's been wicked. Trouble focussing and concentrating, trouble sleeping (to the tune of having to take yesterday off) and 'cold like' symptoms that come n go. I've been told another week should take care of this. We'll see. Somehow I think it would be easier to handle if it were warm!!! (whine, whine, bitch, bitch!)

Going good, Ladies. Keep it up!
Nat
  #157   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 09:01

I never smoked but my brother does and he just cant seem to kick the habit. of course he was never fat. six feet and about 190 is his max, we should all be so lucky. Wishing you the best. Im sure its very hard otherwise they wouldnt call it a habit. You can do it though. If anybody can you can remember that nat.
Hoping the cravings leave you real soon like atkins and carbs.....
Laurie
  #158   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 09:16

Plan: My own+BFL
Stats: 295/192/170 Female 5'4
BF:46.3/33/25
Progress: 82%

I'm here!!! I've been doing really good, I'm on C1, week 3
I've had a scale loss of 6 lbs. so far (not that it matters, I want to gain muscle, but I was still happy) and my face looks SO much thinner (I'm vain, I can't help it )

Just wanted to check in and say hello
  #159   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 09:26

BF:

Vanity ain't a always a bad thing! WTG on the 6 lbs. Are you doing BFL or BodyRx? I'm a little confused (appartently trouble focussing is normal though )

Laurie, have no fear, this time is for good. It just feels 'different' - I just wish is felt different in Mexico

N
  #160   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 09:27

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%

Great job Nat for ditching the smokes!
I have been on and off smoker for years. I usually quit for serveral months..even years and then so some reason start again.

I just quit again in Jan. Not because it was my new years resloution, but because it was too darn cold to go outside to smoke. I never smoked in the house. PLUS I got a new car and I didn't want to smoke in the car. I used to smoke in the car when it was too cold outside. So basically out of situation I quit. I didn't realize for a about 4-5 days that I didn't have one. And then I made the effort NOT to buy anymore.

So I have been smoke free for about 2 months. Didn't have any bad withdrawls because I didn't realize I wasn't smoking anymore.
  #161   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 09:31

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Nat, keep it up with fighting off cigarettes! Isn't it inspiring when you calculate that you actually saved that much money? You should take yourself out for some kind of treat... new clothes or something you can enjoy and remember that it's worth it.

I was a smoker at one point. Luckily not for that long, only a couple dumb years. It is definitely hard to quit no matter what. My biggest trick was convincing myself how disgusting smoking actually is. Not THAT hard, but truly starting to believe it helps.

Hope the weather starts to turn for ya!

And keep it up everyone.

Angela
  #162   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 09:37

BF:
Default A treat

Angela, the money is actually the main reason I quit. I know it was bad for me and it was disgusting and very inconvenient, but in reality it was the cost! The money saved (and it will be considerable, John smoked more than I did) will pay for our trip next year. We haven't decided if it will pay for the whole week or the extra week we're thinking of adding on

Nat
  #163   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 09:43

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Going to Florida..warm weather here I come

Friday we are heading to Florida...assuming we can get out of Phila airport.

I am so psyched about Florida...warm weather..sunshine...and a GYM!
We are visiting my parents in FL. My mom goes to a gym down there. I am planning on hitting the gym while I am there, to keep up with the program.

I have been working out from home. The cardio and up per body is fine at home. But I don't have any way of doing leg extentions.
Only lower body I have been doing is squats and lunges.

I am planning on being outside as much as possible whie down there...walking, running, biking. Maybe playing tennis. Oh it is going to feel so good to be outside moving!

I try to keep active in the winter by XC skiing....but there is nothing better than being outside in shorts running.
  #164   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 13:10

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%

Greetings fellow BFL'ers! Day 11 for me and feeling really great. I am very happy to be able to do my cardio at home----hitting those "10s" means that I am cussing and grunting like crazy! I don't know that I would work as hard if I was embarrassed about making all that racket in the gym! Maybe you guys are a little bit better at verbal restraint.......UBWO last night was excellent---able to increase resistance on a few reps to hit high points. Nice to see my chicken skin arms improving a bit!
Nat, good for you on the smoking! I quit last January after a very long love-hate relationship with cigarettes. DH is on day 31 today (hurray!). He finally saw that going cold turkey was better for him (in the long run) than trying to prolong the pain with patches or gum. He's tried all of that in the past and has not been successful. Anyway, hope everyone has a fabulous day!
  #165   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 07:54

i know what you mean tricia. Sometimes I have a mouth like a truck driver or something. I really try to watch it around the kids. bfl week 8, challenge 2 going strong. Down to 34% from 39% in this challenge already. I might actually make that 32% goal I set for myself. I may even do better seeing I have 3 and 1/2 weeks to go. Plus I have really cranked up the workouts.
Laurie