Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Tue, Sep-25-01, 14:33
Registered Member

Plan: Own LC Plan
Stats: 345/260/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi all, I too have over 100 # to lose and want in to this wonderful supportive group. I've been lurking around and reading the posts. Thought I'd come on in. Is that ok?
Attached Images
File Type: gif hippo.gif (76.1 KB, 131 views)
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Tue, Sep-25-01, 14:42
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Of course it's OK! Welcome aboard! Looking forward to reading of your progress.

Karen
  #153   ^
Old Tue, Sep-25-01, 15:26
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 295/266/180
BF:
Progress: 25%
Thumbs up Losing, Losing, Losing

This is the best site ever!

My pediatrician has lost well over 100 lbs. & I think I can do it too with this New WOE!!

I've been going "low carb" and have lost 20 lbs. within a 3 week span -- I know that's atypical but probably at first a lot of the weight is ???? . I am not cheating...I am not hungry!! There are no pills to take (diet pills that is) There is No One to pay...(diet Dr.) I feel great---I sometimes have to examine a little more closely what I HAVE ate in order to not throw my body into a starvation mode....This WOE truly makes you feel so much better!!

We're all in this together! Welcome aboard to everyone that is lurking---you can make it work for you!! You have the POWER!
And we're all here to help!!
  #154   ^
Old Tue, Sep-25-01, 17:25

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

And congratulations to yourself, Queenfatz, you've made a tremendous start!

Keep it up - we'll try and help you to.
  #155   ^
Old Sat, Sep-29-01, 12:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 297/262/120
BF:
Progress: 20%
Talking I Did it again

I have lost 35lbs since August 12!!
  #156   ^
Old Sat, Sep-29-01, 13:41
Forum Founder

BF:

Congratulations! So which one of the Dawnie&Bil duo did that?

And If you've done it again, what did you do first?

Karen
  #157   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 03:06

BF:
Default Karen

I am Dawnie and Bill is my complete support group he loves me no matter what but is thrilled I am doing this for my health, I do not want to have a heart attack before I turn 25.

And to the I did it again...Lost more wight of coarse! 297/261/130
I am 20% the way there! 130 is calling out my name everyday!
  #158   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 03:07

BF:
Default oops

I oopsed...297/261/120
  #159   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 03:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 360/339/140 Female 5'3
BF:60%/60%/22%
Progress: 10%
Talking UK low carber

I started 3 weeks ago and I lost 17 lbs in my first 2 weeks. During last week, my third I lost nothing, so i guess I must have to controlmy fat more ( i ate a lot of cheese). Last nite i fell off the carbo wagon and had a Chicken Korma, Naan bread and 2 glasses of regular coke ..... it was nice, but this morning I felt so baaaaad! I'm going for a swim in a while. I know i have to do induction again, but im going to keep a carbo & fat diary on the fridge so i can find my best level.

I was 297 when I started, I have another 140lbs to go, I guess i have toi keep telling myself .... ITS ONLY FOOD, ITS ONLY FOOD

Any suggestions
  #160   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 04:12

BF:
Default I know how you feel

I go through phases, but I honestly think its my body saying you need this... when I drink juicee or have a slice of bread, chocolate though is a wrong message, I try my hardest to ignore that!

No matter what the diet promises though without some sort of excersize you aren't going to improve, even if it is only five minutes a day, eventually that turns to 10 then 20 then even longer.

But I hope you stick with it, I am definately seeing results and can't wait to see the real me hiding deep inside.

Most of all Love yourself! If you fall off of the wagon don't be so hard on yourself, but remember to get right back on!

We are all worth it!
  #161   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 09:15
Forum Founder

BF:

Welcome to lowcarb.ca juicyjacki!

Poke around the board and have a look at all the features it has to offer. YOu may want to start a Journal in the Journal forum where you will recieve tips and pointers to help you with your new WOL. Come to the introduction forum and introduce yourself there too. You can use all the forums on this board!

Do not try to control your fat intake, especially in the initial stages. You need the fat to keep your body from going into starvation mode where it will hang on to your fat because it thinks there is a famine coming on.

Have you had a look at fitday.com? It keeps track of % and calories, which should be 10-12 times your current weight.

Keep reading and posting!

Karen
  #162   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 14:00

Stats: 284/252/160
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Hi!

Hi, everyone,
I am so glad to have found you! A year ago I weighed 284, and now I weigh 254. My long-term goal is to weigh around 160-170.
(I'm 5 ft, 8 in.)

My hubby (who needs to lose about 250 lbs) & I went on Atkins last fall. I lost about 30 pounds, but we sort of drifted on & off it from about Feb on. Luckily, I've been able to keep most of the weight off, by going back to LC eating for a week or two every now and then (it just whooshes right off! What a miracle!).

As of Monday (10/8), we're back on Atkins, and things are going well.

My first short-term goal is to get UNDER 250!!!! I haven't been under 250 for *years*. You've heard of glass ceilings? Well, I seem to have a glass floor! Actually, I think part of the reason I drifted off the diet last winter was because I couldn't break through that number. (And yes, I was exercising. And yes, I know it's just an excuse! LOL!!)

Anyway, I'm really close now, only 5 pounds and I'll be down to 249. So I'm gonna do it this time, then I'll set another goal.

It's so nice to know that a great group of people like you are here to talk with! I can even tell you the "real numbers"! (I can't tell my skinny friends--they'd pass out if they knew how much I weighed! lol)

I'm also excited about checking out the recipes, hints, etc.

Thanks for being here.
Gem
  #163   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 14:13

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
I'm really close now, only 5 pounds and I'll be down to 249. So I'm gonna do it this time, then I'll set another goal.

And you know what? Don't matter what size we all start at, this woe really works

I love your small goals, makes things more realistic if you ask me.

Wishing you all success, I can't imagine where I would be with out this woe and without this site!
  #164   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 18:27

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

I agree with every word of that.

Welcome, Gemini. I know what you mean about declaring true stats, it even took me about six months to declare mine here, after reactions from "skinny" people outside this wonderful "family" type group we call the lowcarber forum.

I'm interested in your husband, too. It's great that you and he can share this way of eating together. My wife is slender, and eats carbs with impunity, so we eat different things, and this makes life awkward, especially as the children eat different food from both of us!

Does your husband suffer any diabetes-type problems? If so, I'm sure this woe and wol will help with symptoms, and bring his readings down. There is a wonderful account of just that on another thread in this section, called something like "100 pounds to lose, and diabetic" (please forgive memory if incorrect).

Good luck to you both, and best wishes.
  #165   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-01, 13:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diet Revolution Induction Programme
Stats: 251/233/140
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default 100+

Hello everyone -

I am quite new to the forum and still finding my way around. I have over 100 pounds to lose and was really excited when I found this thread. I have put my goal as 145 but I know it should really be 120 (that sounds awful to me though)

I am on the Atkins and at the moment I am on Induction (20G a day). My goal seems miles away but for the moment I want to get below the 200 mark. this seems far more achievable at the moment.

I kinda fell of it for 10 days when my favourite Auntie died, but here I am back again and I only put on 1LB despite the fact that those old comfort foods of mashed potato and apple crumble became a daily munch.

Coming back to the site was my inspiration - you don't know how much it has helped. Living in England low-carb shopping is completely PANTS or knickers. So to find an e-mail address for a home delivery low carb shop was a Godsend.

So here I am at 233, having been 245 in September - I know its not great and could have been more but there you go!

This web site is amazing and I have tried many recipes and continue to be inspired by everyone I read about.

thanks again