Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#136   ^
Old Tue, Dec-25-07, 15:28

Plan: Low Carb/Gluten Free/IF
Stats: 310.0/302.2/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Confession, you are not weak, you are HUMAN!!!

I baked a ton a couple days ago, and ate some too...Was up a lb but yesterday did much better and lost that. Today we're having Italian instead of a traditional meal, so, like Ottowa, I will probably be over a bit but I'm going to try to fill up on salad and just have a smidgen of lasagna and leave the other pastas alone...

My family will be gone for a week starting Friday, so I will have an easier time seeing in the New Year on plan...

Food------!!!!!

Ruth
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-07, 10:19

Plan: Atkins/IF-21/3 or 19/5
Stats: 268/241/170 Female 5'7"
BF:way too much!!!
Progress: 28%

Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays to everyone!!!!

I hope everyone had and is still having a great holiday!!!

I am still staying my If course and feeling good...

since I am IFing, I dont feel that i have to place such strict restrictions on myself this time of year. dont worry I have not gone crazy just let myself have a few treats but staying on my If course. .....today is Boxing day and My If will end at 6 at my moms today......

Benefits of IF for moi are:

Increased energy
Feeling of self control
Little to no cravings
I heal faster......( i had a fall two weeks ago and it is healing quite well for my age!!) hee hee.
Increased sense of well being
and as stated above........I sleep better and get more done in a day...
I have more clarity, my brain seems to click into things faster........

Okay all I do hope everyone is having a great day. and thank you Miz Kitty for starting the new thread!!!

Keep smiling!!
  #138   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-07, 12:32

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 137/127.6/125 Female 5'5"
BF:24.5/23/20
Progress: 78%

Mike, that Pork Belly looks amazing!! I'm glad you posted this, because I was going to ask you more about it, but with the pictures I now understand what it is AND, I'm going to look for it tomorrow at my Farmers Market !

Interestingly, a few days ago I was surfing this forum and came upon a topic questioning eating too much fat, and someone posted this link of a guy that is "testing" the "gaining weight by eating too much fat" theory. He is basically eating 4-6000 calories a day roughly 80% fat, proving that he will not gain weight. It is quite interesting. When not doing this experience, he also IF's.

http://magicbus.myfreeforum.org/ftopic846-0-asc-0.php

I didn't do too bad on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. My mother makes 20 different kinds of cookies, and in prior years I swear I tried all of them over those 2 days (and if I liked them I'd eat another!), and go home feeling physically sick, and almost "drunk", if that makes sense. The next morning, it was like I was hung over. I would literally be sick for days afterward.

Just over a year ago I stopped eating grain and sugar, but recall eventually eating just a few cookies last year. But this year, ONLY ONE!!! I even gave myself "permission" to indulge abit, but I just didn't want to. I don't even know why I ate the one I did, except perhaps because it was the end of the night and I thought "if your gonna go for one, you better do it now, before they're put away" ha-ha!

I did dip my spoon in the peanut butter jar a few times! (I don't have PB at my house, that is truely a weakness of mine!), and made myself a flourless choc molten cake while the others indulged in cookies and desserts. All in all, I certainly ate alot more than normal and still feel full, but it was all protein, fat and LC veggies.
  #139   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-07, 17:26

Plan: CAD/IF
Stats: 320/262/180 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 41%

Chaquita-- Thanks for the link. What an interesting experiment he is running on himself.

I am feeling so much more energetic today, eating on plan. It is great. What a good reminder it is of why I eat low carb and IF normally.
  #140   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-07, 21:26

Plan: Low Carb/Gluten Free/IF
Stats: 310.0/302.2/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 5%

I didn't eat on plan yesterday, but ate pretty light (only one small meal w/lasagna but did eat some cookies) and this morning I was still 220!!! (I've gained a lb since adding exercise)

So I am happy, and now on to the rest of the plan as the holidays that have to do with food are over (I work New Year's Eve).....

This is a good thing for me....

Ruth
  #141   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-07, 13:11

Plan: low carb
Stats: 294/201/150 Female 5'6'
BF:got that
Progress: 65%

Blew up home computer trying to download/install new program, my kid assures me it will be fixed tonight . Ate way too much cheese and nuts and olives (along with holiday dinners) on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (boy howdy, do they add up calorically when you plug those foods into My Plan) but was actually back on plan with LC and IF on the 26th and even did my cardio. Rather surprised I just was able to go back to IF with little problem.
Hope everyone is doing well.
  #142   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-07, 13:38

Plan: M&E/IF/ZC
Stats: 191/141.2/135 Female 5 ft 8 in
BF:???%/23%/20%
Progress: 89%

Kary--I'm with you on eating too many nuts and too much cheese. I didn't eat off plan but just ate way too much "legal" stuff. But, that's one of the things I like about IF. It really feels like every day you begin again anyway so it makes it much easier for me to just jump back on plan.

KB
  #143   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-07, 14:02
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

I agree. Last year, even staying on plan, it was hard to snap out of the holiday eat and graze all day mode, but this year on the 26th I had no problem getting right back into the swing of 22/2 IF.
  #144   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-07, 14:09

Plan: Atkins (Strict Induction)
Stats: 183/120/115 Female 5'7.5"
BF:21.6%
Progress: 93%

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to stop by and say -hey- Everything is going well. I am sticking to a 20-hour fast and liking it! Happy New Year! Jill
  #145   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-07, 16:10
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/ IF
Stats: 162/128/130 Male 175
BF:
Progress: 106%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizKitty
I agree. Last year, even staying on plan, it was hard to snap out of the holiday eat and graze all day mode, but this year on the 26th I had no problem getting right back into the swing of 22/2 IF.

Same here, Christmas day grazed all day, including Christmas cake. Boxing Day fasted 16 hrs. The following day 19. All without a great deal of effort. My nephews had polished off the cake, so didn't even have to deal with temptation.

Jill, how's the ketone breath issue?

Karen, what bike are you riding in your signature photo?

Stuart.
  #146   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-07, 17:22

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 137/127.6/125 Female 5'5"
BF:24.5/23/20
Progress: 78%

Mike, I went to the Farmers market today, and not one meat stand had Pork Belly! I went to 4 different butchers. I guess since I'm close to Pennsylvania "Amish Country", they don't know what southern food is! Crap! Ever since I saw that picture you posted, I want it!! Some knew what it was, but didn't offer to cut me some. Perhaps if I go back with more info, and ask, nicely, they might cut me come??

Is it cured?? I didn't think so, but one guy thought it was. Is it basically bacon?

Well, I'm impressed (and jealous)that so many are right back to IF. I had been slowly increasing my window this month, and can't seem to get back to 1-2 meals a day. I have been starting to eat around 12:30, and end at 6-7 pm, but just seem to pick during that whole time! URG! I will get serious again in January...as I'm not enjoying this "freedom" I've allowed myself.
  #147   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-07, 18:02
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Karen, what bike are you riding in your signature photo?

It's a Honda Shadow Deluxe 600cc
  #148   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-07, 18:21

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Can I chime in. Just found this post mid-week. I have been an active IFer since April. I eat my first meal between 2:00-3:00 PM. This meal is always quite big. For example: today I had Christmas leftovers of turkey, pumpkin casserole,cauliflower with cheese sauce and homemade cranberry sauce. I have not had anything since my first meal yet. Dinner will be kielbasi and zuchini. This has actually broken my stall although it is coming off slowly but atleast my weight is coming down. I must also point out that TOM went from the usual 7 days to 4 1/2-5 days. My fibroids are less noticelable. I usually have a lot of pain during TOM but this month my fibroids were not noticeable at all. Also BMs go like clockwork. I go about an hour after I have had my first meal.
  #149   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-07, 18:53
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizKitty
It's a Honda Shadow Deluxe 600cc

Nice! Couldn't quite pick it for a Shadow because of the shadow. I've had several of the smaller capacity Shadows over the years. I love low revving shaft drives. One of these days I'll get a BMW boxer twin. Something about the V twin Shadow approach is really nice though . Nicer aesthetics, but probably not as stable, because of the higher centre of gravity?

Stuart.

Last edited by kneebrace : Thu, Dec-27-07 at 19:30.
  #150   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-07, 19:09
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaquita
I have been starting to eat around 12:30, and end at 6-7 pm, but just seem to pick during that whole time! URG! I will get serious again in January...as I'm not enjoying this "freedom" I've allowed myself.

Julie, I've always been a grazer. I still am, probably because I'm an almost painfully slow eater. Even now with IF'ing I graze throughout my eating window. In fact I don't even really eat meals at all. It's more like one long protracted small snack. I still eat a 'meal' in the evening with my wife. I just don't eat very much at it. When I break my fast I love the experience of that first couple of bites of food, but I'm finding it will satisfy me for over half an hour. l

I don't think grazing is a problem as long as it's not big meals and grazing, either for health or bodyfat loss. In fact, FWIW, the insulin surge from any eating is less the slower the intake, and eating gradually, with a long fast in between that grazing period (eating window), seems to me to be the best of both metabolic worlds.

Stuart
Closed Thread