Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#136   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 10:31
Low Carbing Diva

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/296/250 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default hello everyone :wave:

I'm new to the group. 25 married with a beautiful daughter (16months). I just started Atkins july 2004. I'm glad to see that i'm not the only one who is have problems. My problem comes from the fact that i'm on LC but my husband is not ( he's already thin with no help). I like what i cook for myself until i fix his dinner and i want to throw the LC life out the window and dive head first into his plate of mashed potato. I usually work threw it, but sometimes.... Anyway I'm glad i found you guys and good luck to you all.
P.S Elizabeth I've had the Ben & Jerry's LC Ice Cream and it's not as good as Bryers LC.
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 11:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/220/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hola

Welcome to the thread Bewat21. We're all here to support each other. Just jump on in! Hopefully you can find the support to resist them potatoes and such her in cyberspace. With every day it gets a tiny bit easier...

What's good ladies? Thanks for the article. So is this Luther before his medical situation or since? Just curious.

Hey! A cool thing happened to me yesterday. I was sitting and talking to a friend and eating a handful of sun flower seed (Bar-B-Que is the BOMB!!!) Anyway, we were chatting and as I popped one into my mouth, I missed and it landed on my chest. Now here's where it gets interesting. The seed in question proceeded to slide (slide I say!) down my chest. I was in shock!! I picked up the seed, placed it on my chest again, and slowly...it began to slide again onto my lap!! I was in shock. I thought my chest would forever be a permanent dinner tray...maybe not!
  #138   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 11:57

Stats: 260/175/150 Female 5ft5in.
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hello all!

Welcome bewat21, hope you find the support you need here. We will all be here to back you up!

Coolwater, now see, I look a bumbling mess naked. You are lucky. I can't wait to cover this cellulite on my butt and legs up. My husband has never seen me like naked. Well he has but hasn't. I have never just stood in front of him naked I am so embarrassed of how I look. He also doesn't know how much I weigh!! He says it doesn't matter to him but it definitely does to me.

Nasira that was a funny poem. Hey I have the lower stomach pooch too. I hate that. I'm straight on the upper abs, but the lower is awful. I hear running helps that a lot. My husbands doctor told him that you shouldn't run if you are 30lbs or more overweight; has anyone else heard this?

Nasira I'm to glad to hear your dinner tray is gone! Isn't it those types of things that just make your day!

Last edited by elizabethr : Tue, Jul-27-04 at 12:13.
  #139   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 12:04

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMick
I *heard* that Luther wasn't eating carbs at all. I am not sure of the validity of that.

You know, some people think that if you are eating no rice, cake, candy potatoes, cereals etc that you are eating no carbs at all. He probably did cut all of these out but he is probably eating vegetables and and even some lc fruit. But I don't know I just wanted to make a comment.

Last edited by black57 : Tue, Jul-27-04 at 12:37.
  #140   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 13:58
Registered Member

Plan: Low Crap
Stats: 225/204.5/170 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 37%

Actually, I heard that he was only eating meat and cheese.
  #141   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 23:46

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default Good bye for awhile

Hey Y'all, I'm off to Ohio. I will back in 2 weeks

Black
  #142   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 11:47

Plan: My Own
Stats: 190/190/165 Female 62
BF:TOO MUCH

Meat and Cheese!??

That can't be healthy! What about veggies and all the other things in life that taste good and are good for you? That is something that you can only keep up with for a period of time. Then once thats over BLAM!!! Weight gain. Believe me I've done something similar. I hope thats not the case for him.
  #143   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 13:56

BF:

Anjel, I've been feeling pretty tired myself lately too. My workouts have been killing me to do because I'm so tired.

I hope everyone else is well. Have a great day!
  #144   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 14:06

Hey Liz,

I'm extremly tired all the time to. For reasons that are quite obvious. I take Wed/Sun off. I usually do the eliptical machine lately because running makes me too out of breath.

What kind of workouts do you do??
  #145   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 16:34
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasira
The seed in question proceeded to slide (slide I say!) down my chest. I was in shock!! I picked up the seed, placed it on my chest again, and slowly...it began to slide again onto my lap!! I was in shock. I thought my chest would forever be a permanent dinner tray...maybe not!

Girl this cracked me up. I'm jealous I still have a dinner tray up there. Still a DDD but its 38 now instead of 44. I also no longer have a coffee table for a rear end. You know butt so big you can set a coffee cup on it? I did keep a lot of it though and I'm good with that.

Gabrielle
  #146   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 16:42
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Quote:
," he explains.

Breakfast, for example, is usually Egg Beaters or a turkey burger. "A turkey burger with the right seasonings, with sage and all of that stuff, really tastes like sausage," he says. And dinner, he says, consists of "vegetables, fish, chicken and fruit — that's it."

No look, he says he eats vegitabls and fruit so he has to have carbs. His diet based on this looks a lot like Atkins maybe a little less fat...
  #147   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 19:09
Registered Member

Plan: Low Crap
Stats: 225/204.5/170 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 37%

I am glad to hear that he did eat vegetables. I couldn't imagine.
  #148   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 07:52

I'm glad to hear that he is eating veggies and fruit too.

After baby I think I will do something similar. Atkins with fruit I guess it would be more like SB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielleG
I'm jealous I still have a dinner tray up there. Still a DDD but its 38 now instead of 44. I also no longer have a coffee table for a rear end. You know butt so big you can set a coffee cup on it? I did keep a lot of it though and I'm good with that.

What are you talking about I wear a size 38F (very hard to find they only have it at Fredricks) and I am growing plus I am going to have a shelf for these suckers to lean on in a couple of months!! I could cater a buffet!!
  #149   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 09:17

BF:

Hey Gabrielle, Anjel I'm going to have to try Fredericks. I'm a 38 DD down from a 44, but I can never find anything supportive enough.

You guys, I'm sorry I can't just can't keep up with my online journals. I'm so used to paper journaling especially my workouts that its hard for me to journal online.

I hope everybody has a good day today. I was at a low point yesterday it seemed. I'm getting ready to do some aerobics right now. Take care and keep burning that butter!
---Liz
  #150   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 09:20

Plan: My Own Thang....
Stats: 190/190/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Default hey

my mom just bought this damn pastry into the house and i had a big piece already. i want more but im going to hide it. i would have ate the whole thing if i could but i didnt. just took a piece and drank my coffee. bout to go study. i got my second compliment today!!! my girlfriend looked at me and said, "u look different. ur face looks smaller". i said "stop lyin". she was like "no fa real". i was like what!!! im really doin this!!! i felt great and even tho i had that piece of pastry imma still chug along. pray for me ya'll!!
love jodi
Closed Thread