Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Sun, Apr-09-06, 05:30

Plan: LC own, healthier eatin'
Stats: 218/196/185 Female 5'5 1/2
BF:Jiggles..yuck
Progress: 67%

Morning girls,Just popping on to say HELLO !!!! I too,suffer from flabby arms,it is my most embarassing spot.Next to the tummy and hips which are improving from walking.I do need to find a exercise for my arms.That is part of the reason I want to join Curves or a gym.
so guess what......I took a day off from exercise......I can't believe it but,I did.I am going to walk in a few minutes and I already have a date to walk with a friend tonight.I feel a bit guilty about it,but I am still very proud that today is 7 weeks of consistent exercise for me !!!! I am hoping to have good news on the scale tommorow and my measurements are due as well.Can't wait to see how many inches are gone.
Okay,Have a wonderful day !!!
Stacy
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sun, Apr-09-06, 08:01

Plan: LC, HF, PP
Stats: 214/188.2/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hi Stacy & All,

Stacy - you've been more than consistent, you've been CLOCKWORK! Good for you for taking a day off - I don't think it'll hurt you any. Please post inch loss when you measure - I'm excited for you!

I just did 5 miles in 75 minutes. That's 4 mph! Now I am sore, but glad I did it. I lost 2" this week for a total of 11.5 - I'm pretty happy. Tomorrow, back to attempting the morning ellip, we'll see how it goes...
Chris
  #138   ^
Old Sun, Apr-09-06, 09:30

Just wanted to tell you all,I went to Target this morning and bought wrist weights 2 lbs each.$11.00 ...I wore them for about an hour just fooling around and they started feeling heavy.I plan on wearing them while walking and finding a few exercises I can do with them.I'll let ya'all know how they work.
WTG....Chris 4 mph is a good speed.If we lived closer we could do it together.I have a few neighbors who have been joining me,but they walk a bit slower then me. But the company is nice sometimes.

HAPPY EXERCISING !!!!

Stacy
  #139   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 05:23

Default MONDAY April 10th

Just finished my first quick mile of the day,I wore the wrists weights.I really hope they will help tone my arms.I was walking so fast this morning,I was almost jogging.My doggy was running the whole time.

I am going for the burn this week.I am going to completely work myself as hard as possible.I am hoping for a 5 lbs loss this week.My plan is 2-3 lc shakes and a low fat/low carb meal with lots of exercise.I am also going to attempt to give up my 2-3 cans of diet pepsi that seem to have become a habit.Thank God I love water,I drink like a fish always...I just think the diet soda thing might be another reason I am losing so slowly.

Down another pound this week,I probalay would be down 2 but weighed in at 4:30am OH Well !!!! I'll take it !!! I will report measurements a bit later today and I am posting a before and progress picture.

Stacy
  #140   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 11:21

Plan: My own+BFL
Stats: 295/192/170 Female 5'4
BF:46.3/33/25
Progress: 82%

I took a “day off” yesterday and just walked outside for 30 minutes. Tonight I’m tearing up the gym (1.5-2 hours of cardio and upper body weights plus crunches). I’m getting to the point where I get cranky if I don’t go work out lol I do hard workouts 6 days a week and a light one one day a week, just because I think it is important to exercise every day but also because I feel better if I do…
  #141   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 15:26

BF:

Well, I did 15 minutes on the ellip today for 134 cal. I'm depressed. I actually gained 4 pounds from one dinner. And I didn't even stuff myself! It's going to be a long hard week trying to get back to where I was before this happened. I am not pleased, but will keep on hanging in there. Stacy, congrats - you'll be in the 180's in NO time! Butterfly I wish I had your energy - I'm wiped by the time I get home from work. Tomorrow I'll do the 30, though...
c
  #142   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 18:07

Hey Chris,I sense how bummed you are,BUT STOP RIGHT NOW !!!!!! 4 lbs from 1 meal is water/and or salt retention.I know I can show a gain like that too,but It does come off quickly.Do not do anything drastic and remember slow and steady wins the race."WOW!! Did I say that" LOL

Really do not feel bad it's just a number,keep up the exercise 15 minutes a day if need be,just stay consistent.

Have a good evening,I am going to bed.I have been gardening ALL day and am beat.

Stacy

KEEP IT UP BUTTERFLY !!! Glad to have you on board it makes me stay committed to this never ending journey.
  #143   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 06:31

Good morning girls just wanted to tell ya, since March 1st 2006.................. I lost 10.5 lbs and over 14 inches !!!!!! WOOHOOOOEEEEEEEEY !!!!!

I put some pictures in my gallery.It's hard to see but the shorts I am wearing are so baggy everywhere now.I could literally pull them down while buttoned and zippered.I wanted to wear the same clothes as I did March 1st,my next progress picture will be done on or about May 25th, My Birthday.I am glad I took the time to take the pictures.I can notice my waist getting defined.

Also since mid December,I am down over 25 lbs.I did not put 225 as my starting weight,basically because I saw that on the scale and just starting watching what I ate and dropped to 218 by mid January then started low carbing and walking.
Have a good one !!!
Stacy

Last edited by gemiigirl : Tue, Apr-11-06 at 09:08. Reason: add on
  #144   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 10:51

BF:

Stacy, you absolutely ROCK! I'm so impressed! Over 14 inches, wow! How many places do you measure?

I'm holding at 203 today. Protein shakes all day, will put in 30 when I get home tonight, then small dinner. Shouldn't water weight go AWAY after a few days???? Fer cryin out loud!

Stacy, keep up the good work - your "every day for 40+ days" really kicked things up a notch for you.
Chris
  #145   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 13:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/209/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I'm sorry if I repeat someone else's question, but aren't you supposed to take a day off every week just for rest and recuperation? And does that depend on age and state of health? I tend to go at things full tilt, but if I hurt myself it would be a huge set back - so just checking.
  #146   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 14:57

Plan: My own+BFL
Stats: 295/192/170 Female 5'4
BF:46.3/33/25
Progress: 82%

Frogbreath-
I don't take a "day off" per se, but I do take a "low exercise" day once a week (where I take like a leisurely walk or walk my dog- I move around, but don't go at it full tilt). The other days I work out a minimum of 2 hours a day doing cardio and weights. Then again, I'm 24, not married, no kids, etc., so I have the time.
  #147   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 15:23

BF:

Today:

RT: 4
25 minutes ellip, 9 on L2
233 cal
  #148   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 17:08
Chaos in the flesh!

Plan: custom
Stats: 386/218.2/167 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 77%

I'd love to join you! I don't typically do my workouts seven days a week, but here's my workouts - 45-60 min weights, 45-60 minutes jogging 4-5 days a week. I normally don't do these on weekends but I do clean my house, do yardwork or at least something every day. So I'm gonna join. I start swimming on the 21st I plan to do that every day I can - hopefully that'll be 7 days a week, but probably not since the health club that I'm swimming at is attached to a pool, which means I'll have to contend with kids on the weekends :P

but I'm with ya! Some activity out of normal everyday life every day!
  #149   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 17:16

As far as taking a day off,I think it is a personal choice.I am 36 and the mother of 3 girls....11,7,and 4.I have been feeling better then I have in years.I do have some days that I move a bit slower,but I like to walk everyday.

CHRIS, I measure waist ,bust,upper chest,thigh,calf,upper thigh,biceps,lower hip and upper hip.Almost all my changes are in my bust 48 to 43 upper bust 40 to 38 waist 39 to 37 upper hips 50 to 45 then small changes elsewhere.My calf is up .5 My biceps is only down .5 I can't remember the rest.......
I am on all shakes today as well,be patient and persistent Chris the scale is moving,..... just not as fast as we wish.I feel your pain.

WELCOME RISSA !!!!

Stacy

Last edited by gemiigirl : Tue, Apr-11-06 at 23:59.
  #150   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 07:29
Chaos in the flesh!

Plan: custom
Stats: 386/218.2/167 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 77%

I'm excited! I've decided that if the weather is nice, I'll hit the road for a bikeride gives me something to do with the hubby if he's up for it The dog loves to run on bikerides too He's getting used to running next to the bike pretty well, hubby says I do need to get a new seat for my bike tho- mine's a bit uncomfortable. Well, I actually haven't ridden it in over a year, so I don't know. Isn't that horrible? That used to be my main source of exercise when I was younger. Usually about 5-10 miles a day, sometimes more. I need to get back to that. I really enjoyed it. It doesn't take long and you get where you wanna go Hell, with gas prices now, it might not be a bad idea lol. The only problem would be getting home - I live at the top of a VERY steep hill that is nearly impossible to ride up.