Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-20, 15:48

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OMG you had me cracking up Lori-!!!!!! I tell you I get so frustrated with TECH..... I call my kid. We ol' timers sometimes have a hard time!!!!!

Ya on the hunting. I would be SO over it.
Interesting on the melatonin. I have always been a "VIVID" Sleeper - so for me nothing unusual. I like it as it is a natural approach to sleep. Sleep is so important. Maybe you body just need to adjust a bit.

Trig- Your dam right , Yippy Skippy- anything under 70 is under covers . I am counting days now to get MORE south!!!!!!!

Wow oh wow on that meat haul!! Add that too the fact you are friends with the meat man....... girl you got it going on!!!

I stocked up on both meat and fish today. Enough I will not shop again, more than likely until I am in the island.
Oh yea.....

Nic- Oh goodness girl- you post was .... well...... a holiday left down?!?!?!- happens to us all. Trust me.
Was the movie that bad too???????
A NEW year is 2 days away!!!!!!!
Hang in!

Blue- updates
----------------------------
Well I was supposed to hang with the "kids News Years Eve, but the littles ended up both with colds and fever.........
They went to SIL/ Sisters house and they were both sick! Beautiful. My DD was so mad, they didn't say anything. I get it I would be pisst too.........now days that is just NOT OK.

Anyway- will just be hanging here. I am good with it.
I sorta have holiday let down in tired too. I'm just tired. So take a few days and rest up...... all good.
I have been up too late for several day in a chat room. Next thing I know it's like 1-2 am - urghhhhhhhhhh
It's like going out and having a great time / party in your home.
I got to laughing so hard last night..... there are a lot of ladies my age in there........ we were just cracking it up..... next thing I know it's 1:30 am

Gotta stop that.

Anyway I am 100% back on track -
Bought some ZERO carb meats, and splurged on salami -oh yea...........

going to hit up Netflix not chat ......
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-20, 06:22

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori....omg I was cracking up too reading your roku install. Never thought, since you got Dish I guess that is a bit different than my normal cable running into the house maybe? I just plugged up roku and boom, my cable was put right into the line up of options and you just click on the tv app ya wanna watch and done. You had a frickin' nightmare......but yea if older equip and stuff, you might wanna ditch Dish and call your local cable place and have them come out and do a new upgrade/install everything (and yes they can do it easy) and then you have everything set up on a click of a button. I so hear you on tech crap and I hate that, now unplug the cord, wait 10 seconds.....what BS LOL

Smart to pop open the beer after that disaster HAHA Send one to me too, I feel your pain

Jazz, sorry the kiddies are sick. Sick sucks rocks but I am sure they will get over it fast....tis the season truly for getting colds etc. Even dodging covid crap, the usual crud crap is out there, ugh....

Nicco....bored and aimless, yea normal after holiday time. We focus on holiday and have so much to do and then bam, it is over I had it a little but not too bad on that feeling, you will flip fast I am sure........now ya gotta think what am I gonna do to keep myself entertained thru a frickin' long cold azz winter.....ugh....I know I am wondering on that

Nothing much doing everyone, like you guys.
got the fireplace roaring, darn cold but I love my fire....back my butt right up to it and bake myself....wee

hubby working, driving car to Andrews NC, wherever that is
kid sleeping, still on vampire type hrs...omg
I am doing little chores today, this and that.

will do exercise tape in a bit, hit the 30 min. walk tape. I kinda wanna tackle on of my longer tapes but I ain't got the gumption to bother, sad huh but hey I am moving so I count that as getting something done LOL maybe later I will ramp up a bit, omg I hate exercise tho ya know but in the end, I need to move somehow, somewhat thru this cold azz winter.

dreaming of Caribbean, Hawaii, Key West, even friggin' AZ etc. where I could maybe find some hot weather HAHA

I am so much an 'off the grid' type person in a way, you know being a farmer type and a minimalist type etc. I gear towards that personality, more loner, get me out of the rat race and more......I watched a few episodes of Life Below Zero, Next Generation and boy they said what I feel. Living in remote Alaska just to get away from the mortgages, the traffic, the bills, work stress in jobs we hate mostly and 'the stuff' that keeps us so bogged down in life. It just reactivated me that when kid hits college this house is sold, fast. I am outta here. I am in my rv heading coastal and on adventures and when we find our little beach town that is tiny and remote and not a tourist trap, I am buying small land and building tiny house.....done deal. I tell ya I am foaming at the mouth to live life on my personal terms and right now I am still just 'stuck here'. I SO wish I went a different way with my life kinda. but past is past, but future I can control

oh well, rambling a bit LOL too darn cold and bored, NOW I AM thinking too damn much HAHA not a good thing actually LOL

be good all
  #138   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-20, 07:20

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Stayed in bed until after 7 this morning. DH got up about an hour before me.....I think he thought I was dead. I never stay in bed that long. Not sure what I'll get into today.....don't seem to have the energy to get stuff done that I had yesterday. We'll see.

Last day of this freakin' year. I have to admit that I don't have a lot of hope that 2021 is going to be that much better with the virus etc. I just don't see an end to any of it. I sure hope I can get to see my sister and that we can go to Virginia Beach again. I'm really feeling the Covid fatigue.....just so mentally tired of the stress of it all.

Trig....sorry you were dealing with sore feet from your indoor walking. Do you wear good shoes when walking? The place I can feel it the most is in my hips. When I first start, my left hip(where the bad hamstring is) starts to gripe a bit, but then it loosens up. I need to get moving again today......hope the motivation hits at some point.

I love the idea of a small, quiet beach town. Sounds like a slice of heaven to me.

Jaz....so sorry the Littles are sick. You are wise to stay away and just have a quiet night at home. That's where I'll be....home and in bed by 9, no doubt.

Nic......I get the aimless feeling. With no end in sight to this virus mess, it's hard not to get depressed. I'm sure you'll have some good family time this weekend.

Blue....Do you have a New Year's bonfire on the schedule? I know you're enjoying your new TV and HBO Max. Maybe a good show on TV for you and DH tonight?

---------

That's it from here. DH is going hunting again. I'm going to take Betty a cheeseburger this afternoon and then stop and get some take out for us. Tomorrow I'll be making pork & sauerkraut.....for good luck!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Dec-31-20 at 07:33.
  #139   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-20, 10:56

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori, Ugh, sorry the Roku was hard for you to set up. Ours is built into the TV. Like I said, we dropped cable entirely and use YoutubeTV- we get all our local stations plus "cable" stations and each person gets their own unlimited DVR. Works for us!

Jaz- Sorry the Littles got sick. No fun for them and even less fun for their Mom.

You crack me up with the chat room. Glad you enjoy it!

Enjoy your quiet day today!

Trig- I can see you enjoying being remote, as long as you can get out to certain stores like a butcher. But not in Alaska, you cold wimp!

Blue- Hope you have a great NYE if you don't check in!

••••••••

Looking forward to tonight- it is one of my favorite family celebration days.

Things will kick off at 5 with "Crazy Dinner"- everyone will race around the grocery store in the allotted time and choose something to share for dinner. DD and SoIL are making Profiteroles for dessert, which are just outstanding. While dinner is cooking (usually some things need to be baked, some stovetop etc) we will start our four rounds of the game LCR. That usually leads to a lot of yelling and excitement. DS19's GF can only come for dinner so we will try to get the LCR games in during the time.

I have a new drink to share/try that I had read about. It is called a "push up" and is based on the orange sherbet push ups from the ice cream truck. Orange juice, cream soda and vodka. Plus we have some Martinellis as well.

We will play other games like Listography and whatever else the kids want.

Anyway, totally looking forward to it. It's just a fun, fun night.

After that, all the celebrations are over and we will be winding down. Kids may stay up or keep drinking or whatever. Dunno!

Getting geared up and mentally prepared to get things kicked off on Monday, both with LC and with my letter writing. My first one will be to my Dad.

Later gators!
  #140   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-20, 11:16

BF:

LAST DAY Of 2020- Praise be!!!!!! HAPPY New Years EVE.. ..... where it the middle finger emoji when ya need one!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Trig- GF I am right that with you on deciding where to plant for a few years!!!!
I have figured out I feel "trapped" being stuck on one place for very long. I have always moved around as a kid- and I guess I just like the exploring of a new place after a year or two.
I have the wonder lust bug and I doubt it will ever go away!!!!

I feel ya on selling and jumping in an RV. I could do that!!!!! Sometimes I feel like I want to "settle down"- then I start dreaming.
I am right there with you on it has to be warm!!!

Hey moving is moving!!!!!! I read something yesterday on those people who live the longest are active. They don't do tapes, hit the gyms- they are just active, they walk, garden, and move. It was interesting.

Lori- Yup- boring here today! Did you get your TV fixed up? I agree with Trig- I am not a fan of the DISH.
So you just having out today and chillin?

NIC/BLUE- Updates- I know you gals are having fun!!!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I slept in today- and talked to the son this morning for a bit.
Then hit up "Wall Street"- today is a "buy" day as everything has hit rock bottom. That is when I go in and buy up a load. I only buy off the S&P. So next will should be a good work on those.

I am doing some laundry and going to make up a big pot of LC sloppy Joe.
I have left over salmon from yesterday as well.

I weighed for the last day of 2020. This time next year I am determine to have a different outcome.
Who could have predicted 2020

Reflecting on it - for me it has been a roller coaster a I am sure it has for so many.
Highlights of 2020 for me:
Started Jan in Delaware - ended up in Gainesville Ga, then St. Simon, then SC for a second, and now in Athens and headed again to my beloved beach.

Work:- finished one, and resigned from the other and now just waiting
Sold my dollhouse- bittersweet.
3 months on the beach and going back
relationship with kids really improved. Really good time spent with them

Then there was Covid and figuring out how to cope in it all. From working on the floor during the first wave, to trying to locate toilet paper!!!!!!! Learning that some friendships got lost in the shuffle of it all and those that didn't are better.

Learning to be truly solo and learning stuff about myself. No eating out, movies, gyms, salons, watching the world shut down and learning to cope.
Figuring out new ways to connect and let go. It has been a year that nobody will forget.

I know that the first few months into 2021 are not going to magically make all this new and gone. But I am hopeful that 2021 will be a time of rebuilding- for myself and the country, world. I am looking forward to late spring when hopefully people can get out and about and traveling gain.
When the sun will come out and stay out! I am looking forward to the summer where neighbors might be able to get together for cookouts.
I look forward to being about to believe it or not hit up a supper club with music and get dressed up and go out on Fridays. For someone who doesn't mind being single- I realized I did go out alot, now that I am not.
I look forward to getting back to "real life". So I am optimistic about 2021- although I know it won't happen overnight- I think it will come!

We got a hard cold rain here today. Gray, raining, cold. Took a bubble bath, and put on a fresh leggings and a sweatshirt and fuzzy socks. Going nowhere.

I am thinking about this upcoming year and have some things that need decided. BUT NOT TODAY. Tomorrow!

Have a wonderful Evening!!!!!!- Stay safe, have fun, and lets roll into 2021- on an upbeat tone!!!!
  #141   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-20, 11:22

BF:

NIC- Cross posted!!!!! -
Your evening sounds just perfect!!!!!!!! Oh yes it does. I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!

I love you are going to follow through with the letters of gratitude. Are those monthly?
I love that idea..............
-----------------------------------------------------------------

ALL- Be thinking of YOUR WORD: - Thinking of mine.

Off to fold some laundry- and yes I am hitting up the chat room. Bars and supper clubs closed........ I am getting to know some people from all over the world. It is sorta cool!

Later gators- might check back later.
  #142   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-21, 06:36

BF:

Good Morning!

Well.....we made it! We got thru 2020 and here we sit staring at a new year. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook....it has to be better....right? Hello? I was in bed by 9:30 last night. I woke up at midnight to the sound of a few fireworks in the distance, but nothing too annoying.

I've been thinking about a word of the year....can't really settle on one. So far the best I can come up with is persistence and patience. I need both of those words to deal with what I saw on the scale this morning. I hadn't weighed for a couple weeks and I'm up about 2.5 lbs. I looked back and I weigh 5 lbs more than I did last January 1st. I haven't been this weight since Sept. 2019. Time to reign it in. I'm really going to try to get back into my EOD plan. Having a low calorie day on alternate days in addition to LC worked well for me before......I just have to suck it up buttercup and DO IT!! I got a new book about intermittent fasting that I'm going to read for inspiration. It lists techniques and benefits from several different types of IF, including the alternate day fasting.

I don't have any special plans today other than making pork & sauerkraut for DH for dinner. The good news about that meal is that it is LC as long as I don't eat the mashed potatoes with it that DH loves. I'll just eat the meat & kraut. We'll be having it several times in the coming week as I'm making a BIG roaster full. We'll be taking some up to Betty as she likes it too.

Speaking of Betty......we had an odd thing happen at her house yesterday. When DH stopped in yesterday morning, he noticed that there were lights on in her formal living room. No one has been in there for weeks. The 2 lamps that were on have toggle switches right on the lamp to turn them on.....not operated by a wall switch. These are old crystal lamps that havent been on in forever. Now.....who, or what turned on those lamps?? We did have the inside door unlocked the other day for a repairman to come in(he never came), so I guess someone could have come in and gone into that room....but why turn on lamps that are on a mantle? The house does look like a museum and people have come in in past years thinking it was open to the public, but to turn on 2 lamps? You have to walk across the room and reach up to the mantle and switch on each lamp individually. Um....ghosts anyone? I think there are a lot of things that we don't understand and who are we to say that there is no such thing? I talked to Betty about it and she said that she is not afraid. I went into the living room and said aloud...."Ok....no scary stuff...No frightening Betty." She said she has heard odd noises throughout the years and she had a person tell her that they heard men's voices in the formal dining room when they were walking thru a hallway to go to the bathroom one night. Who knows? We are at a loss to explain it.

Ok....I need more coffee and to contemplate my day.

Looking forward to another year of our special friendship and hoping we may be able to meet in person again soon!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, Jan-01-21 at 07:03.
  #143   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-21, 07:52

BF:

Lori....oh your Betty story and the mantle lamps is wild....I love stuff like that! Scary if intruder but I don't even think an intruder would take the time to turn those on......but ghosts, love it, so cool. Also Betty could have done it maybe? cause I tell ya, my mom is now forgetting stuff. She couldn't find the hairdryer the other day, been in the same spot for 30 years and I looked and boom, there it was LOL I mean.....who knows HAHA

OK....you are P&P! I won't say just P P cause that sounds like pee pee
persistence and patience....I like that. You are working on you....I get that I do the same, work in progress on things we truly wanna change a bit about ourselves. I am the big 'let it go' more person to get me out of my control type freaky ways HA

Sneakers? In my living room? HAHA Nope. Barefoot. Believe me I am ratty T, old comfy shorts and barefoot doing my exercise tapes and yea I am sure that is why the feet went sore a bit, but I am that old school thought of I toughen them up, and yea they toughen up. Usually never have troubles, but new to exercise, yup, life showed me how sad I am, a little bit of sore feet, omg I gotta move.

OK.....we got our pact happening among us all......we have to do some exercise and account for it here. We all go this!!

Jazz, omg we are in the gray damp icky cloudy rainy day times right now too. Pack the rv and lets go HAHA I am the same. I long for travel and freedom but I know a 'home base' is a draw for most people too. When I do hit the road and sell it all, I know eventually I am looking for the most beautiful location for a final landing spot ya know. I want that best weather location, build a small home to suit us and just cruise thru life in fine form.....a girl can wish right HAHA and you wish all you want too cause who knows where life draws us and what new adventures come as we change up our lives a bit....a new beach guy maybe for ya? a killer good job you love? who knows, everything is up for grabs in life

Nicco I know when you check in later it is gonna be you saying you guys had SO MUCH fun cause with all ya posted, the grocery store run game for dinner and more....you guys are gonna whoop it up!!! As always, I can count on your family just enjoying the heck outta life.

us here, did nothing HAHA heard some fireworks at 12, but neighbors musta ran out of money on boomers quick last night cause they didn't last long LOL

oh yea my remote Alaska is actually remote Hawaii or something, how those people do that bone chilling death defying cold is beyond me

Blue....happy new year

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021 EVERYONE

Family wanted chili. Ate about 1/2 cup with no beans. Did put the tummy on heartburn alert and did have 2 rum drinks that sat like a rock on top of that

feel great this morning. did nothing last night.

doggie is 'off' a bit...who knows, almost took him to vet but I didn't cause she is closed, had to do emergency vet and everything is so much more expensive, so I walked him alot, fed him way less which was easy cause he didn't wanna eat either, let him sleep and it seems little by little he is coming back better. No clue, will watch him. Maybe ate something kid dropped on the floor? could be that type of thing but when our pets are off, we sure know it fast, so will just see where it goes.

have to make groom appt for him too.

today is go to moms for usual shop/visit

home to do? who knows but I will do a walking tape today. No intention of doing it now, have to head out to moms in a bit....I slept a bit later, Wee!

My word is 'well being'. I want an overall well being of me. A balance. A peaceful well being of state of mind and more. I will have it! There, done!

be good all
  #144   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-21, 08:14

BF:

Trig....no, Betty could not have turned on the lamps as her mobility is very bad and she wouldn't be able to hold onto her walker and reach to turn them on. Still a mystery!
  #145   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-21, 10:51

BF:

Happy 2021- I am SO SO SO happy to KISS 2020 GOODBYE- But can't due to social distancing and a mask!!!!!!! - OMG! Here we are!

Work up at 730 to torrential rain and said nope and went back to bed. It's now 11:00- just got up 30 minutes ago and having my first cup of coffee.

I got on the scale today too and about had heart failure. - Not going to beat myself up here. But I needed a point of reference ya know. I am also going to to measurements- I do them every year and post them in my pocket calendar in Jan. I have kept pocket calendars since 1998- over 20 years.
I put little notes in them, had my schedule for years. It is sorta a time capsule now. I can see where I worked, how much I made, what I was doing, how old the kids were, it is sorta something that was not intentional at first.
But not they are a piece of history.
Anyway, today is measure day.

Lori- I too loved your spooky story about the mantle lamps. I also think it VERY odd to have happened the last day of 2020. A year of very strange anyway. I am puzzled - I can picture them, and little Betty with her walker. I agree- it wasn't her.
Does she ever let others in? A neighbor maybe, nurse, cleaning lady? SPOOKY!!!!!!!!

OK I love your words- we will let you slide for picking 2 (I did as well)) !!!!!HAHAHAH. Anything goes in 2021!!!

Enjoy your Pork and Kraut. I am not a fan of either, but alot people are. I know it's for good luck. I would just eat the potatoes- and since we are rebooting- that would be a no go!!!

I too am so thankful for your friendship and this thread!

TRIG- Ok bags packed ready to get outta this rain mess. OMG - a real soaker today!!!!

OH...before I forget... I started Bridgerton, you suggested. I am hooked. I finished 3 episodes. Great suggestion!!!!!!

I love your word too: Well being! LOVE it. It fits!

I do know that wonder lust feeling. I know MOST people are pulled to a home base. I am not. I truly loved my little Dollhouse. But I also love not having the responsibility of having to deal with the 3 trees that fell last month and destroyed the fence right beside the pond! That would be several K to fix- no thank you. Then I hear from my neighbor that the kitchen facet spring a leak and had to be repined and a new one replaced

The older I get the less STUFF matters to me. Less is better. After having my "stuff" packed in storage since Aug. I have only missed my bed. That is it. It is truly amazing what one can do without.

Glad your pup coming around!!!

NIC- waiting to hear how awesome your night was!!!!!

Blue- I was wondering if you and the hubby had his famous pasta for the last night of 2020 and you two curled up to a new HBO series!
----------------------------------------------------------
Oh my check out the weather map- super soaker all day with embedded storms, marching East- ladies!!!!!

I was less that happy with the scales- but would love to say I was surprised. I wasn't.
But to be fair to myself it was a tough year 2020.
I think TRIG- may be the leader from 2020 in being stellar! I sure know I was not.

I picked two words as well: They just go together.
My two words are going to be ENGAGE and INVEST. I have thought about it. I want to be more engaged and invested in what I do, eat, feel, and the way I connect with my world.
I think 2020 has left some of us- (me) flying on auto pilot. Just getting through. Putting my brain in the off position was easiest. It was a bit over whelming lots of 2020.

So this NEW YEAR I want to take that part of myself back.
I want to be more connected to what I am doing with myself, others, and invest in my health first and foremost. THAT IS my very first priority. My health. Time to reclaim it. - Time is ticking.

Trig said several posts ago none of us should be huffing and puffing to get around in this group! I agree!!!! 100%%%%%%

Engaged and invested!

I am going to toss something out there. Just because - and I expect no response yet as none of us knows what this next year holds.
I would be open to a Fall: Sep/Oct/ early Nov. weekend to Savannah!
Just something to put on the books! Just think about it. It would have to be refundable! A rescheduled girls weekend!!!!.Plus it gives us time to get past this virus mess. I'm open to it. - Thoughts?

I am now 30 days from hitting up my beloved St. Simon. It is a small town- and there isn't "much" there. Not alot of shopping, not alot to "do". It is just peaceful, beaches and moss laden trees with the smell of fresh fish and sand. People are the older crowd and for the most part it is their 2nd home and are retired.
Not a party place. Fine by me. Not in it right now. I am super excited.

Jan: I will need to start getting serious about some course of income, with insurance- start thinking about NEXT job. The days of my climbing that company ladder are over. Just want to go in do my job and leave.

Again Engage and invest comes up here- committing to REBOOT as of right here and now. I want Jan. 2022 to look so much healthier for me.

Figure out where I want to live and get my STUFF out of storage and and least get an apt somewhere. So lots to think about heading into this year.
All I think are positive -

Ok ladies- I too want to express my gratitude to each of you. When I look at the blessing in my life- Lori. Trig, Blue, Nic- you are all there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Jan-01-21 at 11:07.
  #146   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-21, 12:29

BF:

Loving all the "words of the year" so far! Let's make it a good year!

I'll be up for a girl's weekend if the pandemic allows. I talked to my sister this morning and we've decided that we're going to VA Beach one way or the other! Probably in September as that is our favorite time of the year to go. She said she's going to start laying out her clothes for the trip today! She'll be going to her daughter's this afternoon for traditional pork & kraut.

I won't be getting in any movement today. Just puttering around the house. DH is hanging around today watching football....well...right now he's sleeping in his recliner. Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day with temps near 50. This girl is going outside for a walk tomorrow!

Today I'm just focusing on getting this eating under control. It is 1:30 and all I've had since 6 last night is 1 TB of heavy cream in my 2nd cup of coffee. Low calorie day for me today. I'll have some pork and kraut around 3 and that'll be it for me. DH will eat when he gets back from taking Betty her New Year's dinner around 4. Eating around 3 works great for me, but it doesn't always work out. DH likes to eat around 5 usually, so I don't always have something ready at 3. I can eat at 3 and then fast until at least Noon the next day without a problem. I am determined to get back to the alternate day fasting regime.

Hugs all around and best wishes for a great start to 2021!
  #147   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-21, 17:19

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho, Ladies and welcome to 2021.

Wet, rainy, cold and dreary today. Just a super gross day, honestly. But that's okay- we have 364 days to go!

Jaz- Seeing your year all typed out like that, well, it has been a mind blowing year of change for you- locations, jobs, personal relationships.. and you really dealt with all of it well. I love that you reflected on how your relationships with your kids improved. Beautiful!

The little pocket calendars with the record of your year is a great idea. I love that for you! I sort of have that in online calendars that I can scroll back on but there is nothing like weights etc on it.

ENGAGE and INVEST- Very good! The invest of course goes two ways, as well!

Savannah- I'm willing to consider it. We will be (if we are lucky) going to Mexico in mid-August so if months are flexible then October would probably be better for me. But who knows that far in advance really, you know? Like you said- refundable is key!

Lori- Persistence and patience are great words and will cover a multitude of needs all at once!

Super, super interesting about Betty. I absolutely believe in spirits and energy. Maybe it was someone who has passed from her life bringing her a message of light and positivity. PS- Love what you spoke into the room. Very sweet!

Good on you with getting back on track today!

Trig- WELL BEING is perfect for you. I have actually really gotten that sense from you this year. You've had times of restlessness etc as we all have with 2020 but you are also more settled into yourself and I see that continuing this year for you.

I hope that Bolt is okay and nothing more happened with him.

••••••••••

We had a fun time last night. It was a little bit different than previous years but in a good way. We are all growing up. Games, food, talking, reflecting. Brought in the New Year at midnight and then off to bed.

I really had to think on my word this year. In some ways I want it to be more open-ended. If 2020 taught us anything, it is that things aren't always what you think they are going to be. That making plans can be a good idea but also can result in nothing due to circumstances both within and outside your control.

Also, I have big changes coming up this year in a variety of ways.

So, my word for this year is going to be FLEX. Flex as in being able to move easily, to shift, to be flexible. The tag line, an old mission trip standard, is "SEMPER GUMBY"- always be flexible and be able and willing to bend. I thought about PIVOT but that is too harsh, too quick. I want this to be a more gentle shifting.

Why FLEX? I'll be moving back and forth in time this year. With my weekly-ish letters, I will be doing a good bit of reflecting on the past- past relationships, past lessons, sometimes past hurts. I will also be reflecting on the future- my youngest will be leaving for college in exactly 3 weeks. My middle will be moving away this year and the impact on our family life will be huge. We have had a kid 'age out and move out' but not far away. This one is well and truly flying the nest and it will be so odd. So I also want to live very much in the present and take this last bit of time in.

Change with my work is also big this year. I got used to having something I was responsible for, that was mine, that filled some time in my week and gave me a strong sense of personal satisfaction and accomplishment outside of my family and kids. That is on hold and frankly, I am taking that harder than I would have thought I would. I feel a bit unmoored and will need to FLEX my way through that and to the other side.

I've also experienced moments of sensitivity in my life- premonitions maybe, or strong feelings. I hope I am wrong but I have a strong sense that we will lose a parent/grandparent this year.

Anyway, that is where my mind is for this year. I have health and weight goals in mind but with the exception of rare occasions, I don't intend them to be scale driven. Clothes will tell the tale well enough.

Pretty lazy weekend on tap but in a good way. Jammie time and mentally unwinding and also preparing for my kickoff on Monday. Then slow and steady!
  #148   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-21, 18:57

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Happy New year gals!

Personals soon, not tonight.

Just wishing all of us a better year. We all know it's just a demarkation on the calendar, and nothing's really changed since we went to bed last night, and yet thank God for those demarkations. Something about the idea of a new year is invigorating to all of us I think, and certainly leaving last year behind is a relief. First New Year's Ever since I was too little to know the difference that I didn't stay up to usher in the new year. Frankly, it wasn't worth waiting around to say good bye to. All my best hopes for all of us in this new year!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, this last week has been tough. We thought we were going to have to put our beloved dogger down. She slept for 24 hours straight, would not eat or drink water. We were checking on her the way you do a new baby. We put her between us on the floor and massaged her and kissed her and watched movies. Since she is blind and near deaf, her sense of touch and smell is everything.

However she is, other than old, not in pain. We have both been dog owners all our lives, before we knew each other and after. Putting our last dog down (she was 17 years old) was possibly the worst day in my life, because it was the only time I've had to take a life into my hands and end it. Brutal, and it was botched, and I'll stop there.

Anyway, this happened once before a couple of months ago, but then she perked right up again, as she appears to have done now. Like all of the elderly her life has gotten so much smaller than it used to be, but we keep a sharp eye on her for what's worth it. SIGH. Short of pain, which she is not in, we have to use our instincts. Which as of this writing, the time is not quite here yet, but we both know it's comin' around the corner.

My greatest hope is that our girl will die in her sleep. But we may not get that choice, one often does not with dogs. There comes a time of disability for them that one can no longer live with. With our humans, we put them in the safest place we know at that point, and maybe with a little help from modern minded doctors and nurses, we ease them out. If our dogger becomes incontinent, which she's shown a few signs of, but not a deal breaker at this point, it will be over. If, if, if. So many things.

Anyway, sorry to be a New Year's Day bummer, and I'm not as sad as I sound, simply because now turns out not quite yet to be the time. But these last days show me pretty clearly what lies ahead in I think, the near future. And again, I so hope she is taken in her sleep.

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, Jan-01-21 at 20:23.
  #149   ^
Old Sat, Jan-02-21, 06:36

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue......so sorry about your beloved dogger. It is so hard to have to make the decisions that you're facing. Holding you close to my heart.

Nic....love your word of the year. We will all have to keep flexing as we have in 2020 to get thru it all.

Trig....hope your doggo is doing ok today. How was Mom when you visited yesterday?

Jaz....I love your vagabond spirit! Not being tied down to a house and everything that goes with it was a good move for you last year. I keep hoping that you'll find a perfect job near your beloved St. Simon's.

---------

I had a good night's sleep though I thought I might not as I was quite hungry at bedtime. Lost over 3 lbs of bloat yesterday.....well worth the hunger to see the lower number on the scale once again this morning. I know it'll pop back up a bit after today's "Up" day. I remember when I did this plan before, I weighed the morning after a "down" day and saw the weight steadily go down. I think I'll do that again.....that means no weighing tomorrow, I'll wait until Monday morning after Sunday's DD(down day). I've been hanging between 160 and 165 for a long time, but really would like to be down to 150-155 and stay there. I want to be there by golf season. Gotta have that goal to shoot for!

Time for more coffee.....have a great day!
  #150   ^
Old Sat, Jan-02-21, 06:38

BF:

Lori, she couldn't have turned on those lights....ohh, it gets creepier and creepier, that is wild!

outside walk sounds nice. if we didn't have rain here I would be there with you too, but we got crap weather now. enjoy that walk tho and it is very cool you are doing your up down eating days again. You do well on that when you are in that groove!

Your Sis is packing now for your Sept trip---love it. I so miss the ease of just traveling without worry..ugh..hopefully things will improve soon for all.

Jazz, engaged and invested. good points cause one should be just that. engaged in their own life for peace and invested on finding ways to work on themselves. Like it!

you get to your new place it is new you time make the most of it all!

Glad you are liking Bridgerton. I thought it was decent, something to watch that kept me just entertained

Nicco I really enjoyed your post and the way the word FLEX is involved in your life now. I thought it is all a good fit on how with the house changing and a kid flying the coop for real in a further location and you wanting to change up your life a bit in your own way and make it all work sounds wonderful. Tidy up your life, get peace of mind from it, all in a gentle shifting.....I really like that.

Blue, so sorry on dogger. Those times we know are coming are never good at all, I feel ya on it. Just always remember no matter what you gave an animal in this world a wonderful life truly, one lucky doggie! and it stinks their life spans are what they are. I am having troubles with Bolt now with these seizure issues and he acts 'off' some days and it worries the heck out of me. I am kinda waiting for 'some big thing' to go down with him and ugh, it sucks rocks. Sending hugs!

Hey all
got dragged out short notice to all you can eat crab legs/seafood buffet.
hubby birthday is Jan 4 and he says I wanna eat out as my present so I said OK reluctantly....I just wanted a damn steak at home. crab legs are delish but wasn't in the mood but we went. Only could eat crab and few mushy not great peel/eat shrimp. Rest of stuff I couldn't eat at all.

but we had a good time and I just need food focus out of my damn life truly.

now I gotta make an upside down pineapple cake for monday for him but luckily I hate it so won't draw me in.........but omg let me get away from fricking food ya know. So so so so sick of food being in the forefront. I need it tucked away again, out of my face ya know. ugh

so all should quiet down and let me just do me, zc way, how I want.

on plan and doing well. my little 1/2 lb loss from Dec didn't hold....but holding my new low still. I was lucky to get thru Dec without gaining LOL so I am happy I am just holding.

focus now on me and zc and some more lbs gone, no matter how slow.

I 'should' do some exercise but boy it is not calling my name....and damn I set up myself for accountability so I guess I gotta do it? Maybe I will take all the toilet paper and paper towels OFF MY treadmill and walk some inclines for a bit....yea sad huh, big storage treadmill HA

over and out and be good all. hubby off working car place, kid went to bed at 5am and I am doing? I don't know