Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-10, 14:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%
Default 145

That seems to be a sticking point for a few of us on Atkins. Getting to it then getting past it. How about a group of us try to hit that number by the end of July and mayby just mayby hit the 139 by the end of august? I want the 130s so much I can taste it. I was 143 at the beggining of june then just like the last time I hit the 145 range point I let carb. creep and generaly slack dieting habits sneak in after months of being so good and gained 13 or so back. I know a big part of it is my TOM but the higher number is still depressing. I think without TOM I am probly about 155 right now. So just to get back into the 145 in four weeks might not be do able but knowing I,m not the only one trying would be great encouragement. How about it Ladies are you in for the challenge?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-10, 07:38
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi. I'm up for the challenge! I'm in about the same boat you are: stuck above 145, actually 153 this morning.

I had a meltdown yesterday when I put on a shirt that was waaaaay too tight. I'm finally fed up with my own dumb behaviour - constant cheating and "party" eating, zero exercise. My other rock-bottom moment was being winded going up the stairs at work. That's pretty sad.

I finally have a stretch on the calendar of no social events, and I'm saying no if anyone asks me. (I need to save money, anyway.)
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-10, 11:31

BF:

We went out of town for the weekend so I went off plan for a few days but I did keep things fairly low cal. so hopefully didn,t do any real damage I am right back on plan this morning . I am determined to break the barrier and get to 145 again this month. I haven,t weighed because my tom is late so I,m bloated and might go on a all out eating binge if the scales says something to scarey. I think I am in the 155 range.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-10, 12:06

Plan: Atkins, adjusted
Stats: 165/150/130 Female 5'8
BF:yes
Progress: 43%

I'm in, too.
Was at 148 for awhile in the beginning of June, but the carb creep crept in and now I'm about 8 lbs above that (hopefully most of it is water weight from all the carbs...grrr!) Would love to be 145 by the end of July and would be AMAZING to see the 130s in August.

Full steam ahead, team!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-10, 13:48

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 162/140/125 Female 64 inch
BF:
Progress: 59%

me too..can't get in the 140s..
let's do it..any strategy you guys are following?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-10, 21:07

I'm trying to keep as focused on lc (lean protein, veg and occasional fruit) as possible. If I do that, I find I just feel better and the weight seems to just drop off.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-10, 08:58

BF:

I am doing under 15 carbs. trying to keep my fat intake up and adding three miles of walking up hill per day. This is a huge hurdle for me because its where I useally stall out and guite. I hit the mid to low 140s then blew it in June so I have to lose what I regained and then some. I don,t know if I can lose that much in such a short time frame this far into the diet but I am sure going to get it my best try.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-10, 18:40

Sweet mother of a woosh!
Despite carbs being over 100 yesterday, clocked in at 148.8 this morning! It's probably temporary, but darn it, I'll take it as motivation to stay on plan.

Keep going, everyone!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-10, 09:57

BF:

Thats awesome! I have heard upping your carbs for a day can break a stall. If so I should be really in luck because I had alot of carbs yesterday. Right back on the wagon today though and no more cheats for the month . I have to break this weight range I keep getting stuck at.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-10, 10:09

Plan: Low Carb High Nutrition
Stats: 160/148.8/145 Female 5' 6"
BF:33/29.4/25
Progress: 75%

I keep watching this thread, and yearning for the day that being stuck at 145 is my issue! LOL

Congrats on that woosh Focus!! I had a woosh a few weeks ago, the day after taking my carbs up so I might start incorporating that into my plan.

Good luck to all of you!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-10, 07:43
Forum Moderator

BF:

I'm glad this thread is picking up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidisha
me too..can't get in the 140s..
let's do it..any strategy you guys are following?
My strategy right now is:
- only "real" meat that I cook myself, no processed junky meats
- LC veggies, eggs, some dairy, some mayo and salad dressing, a few nuts (I don't like them very much, so they're binge-proof for me)
- no overeating - stop when satisfied, not stuffed.
- no snacking.
- intermittent fasting, but not to any extreme of discomfort. Basically two meals per day, wait until I'm good and hungry to eat in the morning/afternoon.
- get back on the exercise bandwagon. I don't even mind if I don't see scale loss, as long as I get strong and lean-looking again.

I meant to jump on the scale this morning and I forgot.

Focused, I think there is something to the idea of throwing in higher carb meals, especially if you work out. I can eat sweet potatoes and other higher carb foods sometimes with no particular ill effects. You (we) just have to be cautious and take note of how different foods affect us.

Good luck, all.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-10, 17:29

Stats: 172.0/170.0/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Glad I found this thread, it was a great idea!! I dont know if 145 is even possible for me by the end of July but it sure would be nice!! My goal is just to hit 14anything by the time I leave for my anniversary vacation on the 25th. I haven't been very focused though, I was really driven for the first week or so when I started back on LC but that motivation is starting to dwindle... I think I depressed myself last night trying on clothes. How is it possible that I've lost 20 pounds in the last 7 months and only dropped ONE pant size?????

Sorry, I'm ranting...
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-10, 13:13

BF:

I have the same problem with pant size . I think the problem is the cut . They cut them so low now days that it is easy to gain or lose alot of weight and still be in the same jeans. I am really struggling with this weight point I just cann,t seem to break the 150 mark. I know what I have to do to get there .I,m just struggling with doing it.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-10, 16:55

OK, so I've set my gauntlet goal as seeing 145 by July 31st. I would really love to not see anymore 150's this month, too, if possible.

Weighed in at 148.8 this morning.

Come on, determination!
~Alexis
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 08:47
Forum Moderator

BF:

I had a bad cheaty night at a friends barbecue over the weekend, but at least I rode my bike there and back. I was really winded... and realized once I got home that the tires were totally leaking! Ha, at least I'm not as out-of-shape as I thought I was.

I'm having a hard time getting and keeping my head in the game. I had beer cheats, too. I wish I knew where my give-a-crap went.

I'll weigh in later in the week after TOM.