Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 10:20

Plan: If, fast 5, warrior diet
Stats: 178/174/143 Female 174cm
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default 12 week Fitness and weight loss challenge!

Hey everyone!
Tomorrow i will be starting a 12 week fitness challenge! I'll take my measurments and my weight and then again every 2 weeks until the 12 weeks are over!

I need to do this for myself because i seem to be fixated on a number on the scale which makes me sad then i eat for comfort!

Ill be taking pictures tomorrow -yuk!

I will be exercising instead of just eating low carb becuase i feel that exercising gives you a more toned healthy look!

If anyone would like to join in your more then welcome! I'd actually encourage it! If not, at least check in here and make me exercise!

Do a search on the net and find a 12 week challenge in your country (as i have), they offer incentives and motivation!

Jump on board!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 11:14

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi there,
I'd love to join your challenge and give and get support. I too want the toned look. I am doing both turbo jam, and p90x alternating between both workouts so I dont get bored.

My goal is to be 115 by November 1st and call it good. Have a great day and look forward to getting to know you and others. What program are you doing?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 20:53

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%

I'm joining too, but I won't measure myself until friday or tuesday. I think I'm losing motivation again and I'm definitely stuck on that number on the scale and not concentrating on my health
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 04:48

BF:

Welcome Arnie and Petersn!

I'll be doing the "Sportsblitz 12 week challenge" is a competition over in Australia!

I intended on starting it today but you have to fill out forms and send them in with your before photos and their website is having troubles so you can't download the needed forms to enter!
I called them up and they said it should be ok for monday so thats when ill start (im still eating well as of today but my 12 weeks will officially start on monday)

An issue i suffer from is eating even when im not hungry....out of pure bordom! Even if i have lost my appetite i still eat This is a huge issue i need to change! I will be incorporating some moderate carbs (oats) into my day for breakfast AFTER a morning workout! (Not induction style low carb but still low-carb non the less!).

I intend on trying to exercise everyday except sundays and having that as my off day to eat what ever i want (in reason). This should keep me sain!

How are you both going?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 05:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/155.5/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Count me in also. I wanted to start some kind of challenge for myself. I'm ready to get into my size 6!! I'm in a 7-8 now.
I'll be doing Tae Bo and WATP.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 08:58

BF:

Welcome aboard Hows starting monday sound for everyone? We will all weight in and include measurements and support each other!
People are welcome to join as they wish and we will weight in one a week?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 17:51

BF:

Happy Monday everyone! Hope everyone is doing good!

Jessperth-Thanks for starting this challenge. I really would love to lose that last ten, and this challenge will help me keep me on the right track. Accountability is a wonderful thing. I am the same exact way in terms of eating when I am not actually hungry, or out of pure boredom. Especially when I am watching tv. If I MUST have something then I usually try a hard boiled egg or lunch meat, and sip on tea. I really like the flavored ones. Your challenge that you are entering sounds great!

Arnie-Well, we're here to get you back on track. Dont lose motivation! Take it one day at a time. I know how hard it is not to focus on the scale but the scale doesnt take into effect water weight, muscle gained etc. You're doing this for your health

Desihue-Size 6's here you come!! I love taebo!! Oh my gosh, the other day I did billy's lower body bootcamp and the next day I was feeling it lol

Today is a cardio day for me. I alternate between cardio and strength training, one day off. I did a half an hour of plyometrics, and then went for an uphill walk/jog with the dog. Where do you want our measurements to be? chest, waist, and hips?
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 08:45

BF:

Wow great work!

It's Thursday evening here in Perth so a few day away before i "officially" weigh in and start the challenge.

I need to measure my hips, waist, chest, arms, thighs and calves....so if you guys want to do that too that would be really great!

Maybe we could use this format: Where we start week 1 with weighing and measuring on the first day and then at the end of week 12 we weight the next day for our final results .....

Jessica's Weekly Measurement's
.............WEEK1...WEEK2...WEEK3...WEEK4...WEEK5...WEEK6...WEEK7...WEE K8...WEEK9...WEEK10...WEEK11...WEEK12...FINAL WEIGH-IN

Weight:

Arms:

Chest:

Waist:

Hips:

Thighs:

Calves:

Any suggestions?
Good luck guys This is really exciting!
What plan will everyone be following?
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 11:07

BF:

Sounds good. I measured under my breasts, waist and hips. They were a 32-32- and 35. I would love a 28 inch waist but honestly dont foresee that happening because of the loose skin but we'll see at the end of this challenge.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 13:36

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersn78
I would love a 28 inch waist but honestly dont foresee that happening because of the loose skin but we'll see at the end of this challenge.

If you want it, I say, GO GET IT!!!
28 INCH WAIST HERE YOU COME!!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 13:42

BF:

I love the format of the measurements! Monday is good for me and I'll comply with the measurements as well.
Are we weighing & measuring weekly?
I plan to work out 5 days minimum. Alternating between Tae Bo & WATP DVD's. I'm about to become certified in aerobics so I'm mixing in some practice on my routines. Now if all of THIS doesn't get me to the size 6 then darn it, I'll NEVER get there!
I'm not going to officially start until Monday with you Jess but I've been working out just the same.
by the way...my daughter's name is Jessica-you have a cool name!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 22:59

BF:

Hehehe why thank you :P Yes i appreciate my name too.....my Dad picked it My mum wanted to call me Jamie-Lee but i like Jessica Lee a lot better :P

Im so glad everyone will be here along side me...reaching amazing goals! I think we should measure every week (on your allocated day, first thing in the morning), but it shouldn't be nessesary to weigh yourself as your measurements will show fat loss and muscle gain a lot better! I know that when i see the scale stay put or even go up i get discouraged and reach for a cookie! So ill personaly be weighing every 2 weeks instead but that is totally up to the individual

How exciting! Just imagine how fantastic we will all look after 12 weeks!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-08, 09:22

BF:

Great idea! I'll be doing the same thing.
Measuring weekly and weighing every two weeks. I tend to spazz out if the numbers don't fall in line with my expectations.
I picked my daughter's name. We call her JJ-Jessica Jadyn and when she's in trouble she's Jessica. Even at 2 years old, she knows what we want by the way we call her!
Okay so Monday it's time to rock! I'm really happy you started this challenge!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-08, 11:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desihue
If you want it, I say, GO GET IT!!!
28 INCH WAIST HERE YOU COME!!

I'm going to try. Clean eating and killer workouts here I come!!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-08, 12:00

BF:

Happy Friday everybody!!

I'll take all my measurements on Monday as well. I weigh daily though. I'm a scalaholic, but only count Mondays weight.

Yesterday I did p90x shoulders,and arms. Today is a cardio day for me. I have the exercise down pretty good. My problem is sometimes allowing a few things here and there to slip into my diet. Clean eating and exercising here I come!!