Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-07, 21:12

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 215.4/207.6/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default ATTENTION * Calling all First Phaser's....

Hi there!

Thought it would be nice to get an official introduction and status of how Phase 1 is going for all of you.

I started Jan 3rd (last week Wed) and so far have lost 4.4 lbs.

I'm not finding it so difficult as I was not huge into sugars and starch. My down fall though was the natural sugars from fruit. I love fruit, but I'm doing ok without it so far.
I'm a huge protein fan so that part is not affected.
I do honestly miss my wine and beer tho, but have been holding strong!

Hope to hear from lots of you soon! :hug:

Joann
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-07, 21:21
Registered Member

Stats: 152/144/125 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hello!!

I started the 1st, and my weakness is starch. I love bread, pasta, and potatoes..

I have lost weight too and its going fast.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-07, 21:29

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I started the first and feel pretty good, and have lost 9 lbs as of yesterday. No cheats at all! I am too tired of being this big and feeling like my eyes will pop out when I bend over.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-07, 21:34
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Awesome Ladies!!

You are all doing great!!

I ended up doing phase I for 4 weeks until I got it right, then I allowed myself a piece of fruit and it was the best!!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-07, 21:52

BF:

Thanks Judy....you are truly an inspiration!

Say, I took your advice and started a journal under my name Wnabthin's Journal....please take a look sometime and let me know how my meals are going, I'd really like all/any advice.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-07, 22:07
Attitude is a Choice

Sure!!

Also, you may want to post your menus to the Daily Menu Thread right here.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-07, 22:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/136/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

I'm missing a variety of things - sugar, starch - but I'm really trying to stay focused. I'm down about 4 lbs. since 1/2 - but I'm finding I'm focused on food. Good luck and keep trying - I am.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-07, 07:03

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Hi everyone, welcome to the Beach and good luck with your weight loss journey

Although I started South Beach back in July, I've returned to Phase I for a couple of weeks to get back on track after a few lapses over the holidays.

Can I also repeat Judy's great advice ... do post your menus in the Daily Menu thread here on the SB forum ... it's a great way of staying focused and keeping on track. Plus, it also allows those of us with some experience of the SB beach woe to help you if you've got any problems.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-07, 07:05

Plan: VLC low carb
Stats: 146/139/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

I started Dec 31 and had lost 4 lbs as of Friday. I had a downfall yesterday and day before with breads. I will be on P1 for another week since I didn't get it right the first week.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-07, 09:08

Plan: Southbeach
Stats: 285/284/175 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

Today is my first day. I haven't eatten anything yet and I have a bad cold which I have had all week. So I have been downing alot of orange juice. Any suggestions for palatable SB liquids when needing to drown a cold?
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-07, 09:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/182/154 Female 5"4'
BF:
Progress: 20%
Thumbs up South Beach Here I Come

Hi Everyone
Come Monday I am truely going to give it a try. I have always followed Atkins (atleast 30 years). I will read the diet jounals to get started.

Loretta
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-07, 09:35

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by M110
Today is my first day. I haven't eatten anything yet and I have a bad cold which I have had all week. So I have been downing alot of orange juice. Any suggestions for palatable SB liquids when needing to drown a cold?

I've also had a cold the last few days. I've been drinking a lot of water, which has helped to keep me hydrated, and taking large doses of Vitamin C.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-07, 09:49

Plan: Southbeach
Stats: 285/284/175 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

Thanks Demi for the tip on Vitamin C.

also, I'm nervous about eating beans on Phase I. Seems counter-intuitive. Is everyone else eating them and if so, how much?
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-07, 12:52

BF:

MM110......I haven't been eating beans as of yet! I'm not a bean fan, except for in chili and none that are listed on the allowed list..(I use to enjoy Bush's Chili Beans). But that is something I am going to have to work on.
If you have started Phase 1 you shouldn't be drinking Orange Juice tho. My suggestion as Demi said is water or a nice low sodium broth.
Hope your cold gets better, it's been going around here also

Loretta welcome and good luck, yes do read the journals. I am new to this forum but thought it would be nice to start a thread for all of us newbies....plus we get great support and advice from those who have lost and are losing as they read thru the forums to assist and learn as well. BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE!!~

Ditzy you're going to do it this time...........I have a feeling~!

Demi, one of the things I like about SB is that you CAN go back to Phase 1 after an explursion/downfall and get back on track!

Ntrog..........nice loss since you started....YOOWHOOOO. From what I hear the cravings will stop. Keep focused on your body reduction not only in pounds but in inches too!!!!!!

Judy and Demi great suggestion. I will start posting my meals on that thread starting today!
Comon~ all of you, join in with me!!!

Algts.....awesome job on the 9lbs loss....WOOWHOOOOOO you go girl~~ Great attitude you have a well. I always did enjoy a good fight!! ~ I look forward to hearing more of your achievements as I'm sure we everyone does!

Caroline...or should I say Shelby??? hahaha j/k.....I'm glad to hear you're losing fast. One great thing about this forum is that anyone posting here is trying to get to goal and WE ALL HAVE HAD ENOUGH!.... Isn't great to have such a great support group without having to leave your house and go to a meeting????

Thank you all for coming here aboard.... it's great help to one and all~~!
Joann

Last edited by Wnabthin : Sun, Jan-07-07 at 12:57.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-07, 12:59
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by M110
Thanks Demi for the tip on Vitamin C.

also, I'm nervous about eating beans on Phase I. Seems counter-intuitive. Is everyone else eating them and if so, how much?

I did not eat them at first but did start having hummus fairly regularly and also in chili...but never just by themselves.

I love eating hummus and have it with celery or other veggies for dipping.

As far as it being counter intuitive.... Because we don't count carbs on SB, sometimes it requires a leap of faith that it can work this way too!! GI on beans is low, fiber high, 0 fat, good protein..... but portion control is key here!! 1/3 to 1/2 cup two times a day is what is allowed.