Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 00:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/165/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 75%
Talking Would you like to join me in two week induction challenge?

If you're on induction and plan to stay on it for a little while please join this thread and report on your succes, evry succes story I read gives me hope . I am starting to see the patern, every 6-7 days I would skip looging on and pig out. This way if I have to report my progress to others I think it will help me stay on track. The worst part is that every time I do go carb crazy I feel terrible next day, I guess it's that famous carb hangover. So ladies and gentlemen if you would like to join me you are more then welcome I need support
I am starting today it's 14th of June and I weigh 174 pounds.
My first goal is 160
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 00:17
Registered Member

Stats: 240/165/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 75%

I forgot to add that I plan on stying on induction till I loose the rest of my weight. It's just that I think it would be easier if I challenge myself for two weeks at the time.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 00:48

Plan: My Own
Stats: 290/234/200 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

Do you mean you are staying on induction until you reach your ultimate goal weight or the 160lb weight? If it is the former, rather than the latter, I would highly suggest against that.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 01:30

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 208/185/150 Male 5ft 9'
BF:
Progress: 40%

Um sure id like to join you.. however...i suggest that you post this message under the buddies and challenges section of this forum.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 03:57
Registered Member

Stats: 182/164/147 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 51%
Wink

Yes I'd like to join you for your challenge! I started Atkins a week ago and lost 5 pounds but on Saturday I had a carb day and put on 2 pounds! I started Induction again yesterday (Sunday) and want to keep going for a solid two weeks with no cheats!!!!!! My goal is 140 pounds, I'm currently 173.

I find induction ok until the evening comes around and the weekend!!! Has anyone got any tips for evening cravings (not hunger, just habit!)
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 05:49
Registered Member

Stats: 211.8/211.8/135 Female 66"
BF:way too much
Progress: 0%

I would like to join too. I did really great the first 2 weeks and lost 7.5 lbs. But then blew it at a picnic when someone said one cheat won't hurt. Yeah right!!. So today I'm starting yet again. Starting weight 199. Mini goal 185 by July 31 (vacation)
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 06:25
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0k3r
Do you mean you are staying on induction until you reach your ultimate goal weight or the 160lb weight? If it is the former, rather than the latter, I would highly suggest against that.

Why would you suggest against it? Many people do stay at or under 20 carbs per day until they meet thier weight loss goals.

I myself stayed on Induction levels for 10 months and lost 45 pounds with no problems. I would have lost more if I had been more serious regarding exercise but unfortunately I was not.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 06:27

Stats: 222/195/160 Male 5 ' 7 "
BF:
Progress: 44%

I am starting induction again today after carbing out yesterday. I have been stalled for about 6 months.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 06:30
Lobstergal

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

I will join you starting today (June 14). I have not been doing so well on Neanderthin and have been cheating quite a bit lately for the last few days including a BIG cheat last night. I have a carb hangover this morning.

Time to make some eggs for breakfast just as soon as I change my profile info.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 06:44

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 149/138/132 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 65%

I also will join you. Was away for the weekend and did a carb binge and also feel really lousy, have not weighed myself, I'm afraid too. But I WILL join you.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 06:59
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobstergal
Why would you suggest against it? Many people do stay at or under 20 carbs per day until they meet thier weight loss goals.

I myself stayed on Induction levels for 10 months and lost 45 pounds with no problems. I would have lost more if I had been more serious regarding exercise but unfortunately I was not.

I think many people suggest against this because without going through OWL and then Premaintenance you don't get a good feel for how many carbs your body can handle. Once you hit your goal weight, you should understand what your critical carb level for maintenance is. Plus, some people seem to slow down their weight loss if they stay in induction (not all do, of course) and going into OWL will sometimes help the process start back up.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 07:13
Lobstergal

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleoanth
I think many people suggest against this because without going through OWL and then Premaintenance you don't get a good feel for how many carbs your body can handle. Once you hit your goal weight, you should understand what your critical carb level for maintenance is. Plus, some people seem to slow down their weight loss if they stay in induction (not all do, of course) and going into OWL will sometimes help the process start back up.

Thank you. I did not know that. That is very helpful information.
It could be why I stalled after 10 months on Induction which in turn caused me to go off for several months and regain part of my weight back.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 07:28
Registered Member

Stats: 194/157/123 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 52%

I will join you. I am trying to decide if I should make a pot of coffee! I'm leaning that way. Maybe taper off!
Today is the day for me! June 14th-Day 1 165 lbs. 1st goal 150.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 07:55

Stats: 211/148/122 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default The more the merrier!!

I will join you also. I started back on Induction last Friday. I had been keeping my carbs under 20 but I was eating a low carb frozen treat every day and drinking Caf free diet cokes. I am now doing strict induction to see if things will move along for me. I am currently 192.5 and my goal is 165 by the end of August. I am doing cardio and weights 3-4 days a week and taking the carbsmart vitamins and 1 150mg oil of oregano a day. Donnie
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 09:02

Stats: 155/148/135 Female 5'5
BF:?/26%/21%
Progress: 35%

I'll join! I did 2 weeks of very well monitored OWL, but took a little break this weekend to celebrate the end of the school year. Since I can't exercise for 2 weeks and really want to drop some more weight, bye bye fruit.