Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 06:32

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default PP Pals: Thursday

Yes, I'm starting the thread.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 06:34

BF:

I've decided to actually cook today. I have some boneless chicken thighs almost thawed, a can of cream of broccoli soup, and light cream in the fridge.

Now what?

Chicken thighs dry out so easily that I wanted to surround them with the soup to keep them moist. Do I add cream to the soup? How much?

How long to bake?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 07:41

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Good morning Bawdy!
I "googled" for you (doesn't that sound lewd? ) and came up with this:

CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP AND CHICKEN
Printed from COOKS.COM

2 lbs. chicken thighs and drumsticks
5 med. carrots, sliced 1/8 inch
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Wash chicken, pat dry. Very lightly salt and dust in flour. In Dutch oven fry chicken in little oil. Simmer 1/2 hour (add not water). Add carrots on top of chicken and simmer until carrots are tender. Remove excess oil. Add cream of mushroom soup and simmer until hot.

That help at all? I do chicken thighs on a George Forman grill and use them in salads. My fave lunch of the moment.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 09:34

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning

Yesterdays Menu

B - morning starts cereal, CCD milk, 2 cups coffee W/H&H

S - 4 oz container Dannon Lite & Fit yogurt

L - Usual salad w/ grilled chicken breast and Kraft Ceasar Parmasan vingerette

S - LC ice cream bar, serving of hot & spicy peanuts

15 Ab class
1 hour Yoga

D - 1.5 cups mixed veggies, chile lime chicken wings w/BBQ sauce (stopped counting after 7 )

Eight - I also have a hard time keeping calories down which is why I exercise so much. If 7th grade is this bad, I just can't wait for next year

Bawdy - Re: 11 pounds lost...I am the same way. I lost 20 pounds when my 1st marriage fell apart. I will be sending my prayers your way hoping things work out for you and your husband. I make chicken thighs w/ cream of chicken & herb soup all the time, the key is to season it so the sauce isn't bland..I use Emeril's Essence.

Well I have a stack of work up to ceiling so I guess I had better get busy
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 09:38

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning all!!!

bawdy is back, bawdy is back , its official when you start the thread right?!?!

as for the chicken. just put the thighs in a dish. plop the soup right on top. cook at 350 for about 30 min. thats what i do. don't need to add anything if you don't want to.

yesterday was a pretty good day. busy at work. then went to my wed night aerobics class.
breakfast:
yogurt with fruit and granola and coffee w/1/2andsplenda
lunch:
lc cracker bread with cheese and summersausage and pepperoni slices. veggie sticks and ranch
snack:
apple with peanut butter
dinner:
leftover grilled chicken and salad
dessert:
carbsmart ice cream bar

my busy time at work is starting and starting may17 i am traveling during the week again. i am a little excited because sometimes it feels like a vacation to me, but it also causes a little stress on the home front when i travel a lot.

got to get working. will check back in later!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 09:38

BF:

Sorry to be a pest, but I want to bake it rather than simmer it on top of the stove. Do I add any cream to the condensed soup mix?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 09:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Good Morning Everyone!

Well, I took Chauncey for an orthodontist appointment before school, and I saw so many ladies out walking that I decided to walk early for a change. So I've gotten my walk in for the day. Sloan rode her bike while I walked, so we both had fun.

Bawdy - I'm glad to see you posting, I've really missed you! Thanks for the information about not buying a suit to small. I wouldn't of thought of that.

Eightc - where in Utah are you visiting? I hope we have some nice weather while you're here.

My dh made it home around midnight. He's off at work today. At least I'll get to see him over the weekend. I need to make a Costco list, he said he'd try to stop in today.

I bottled 40 pints of blackberry jam last night. 20 for my sil and 20 for us. I did it at our church cannery. It was so easy. There were probably 40 people that came, they had the jam all made and we brought our own jars, filled them, then they processed them and we boxed them up. It was only 1.19 a bottle. We did a bunch of extra for the church storehouse. Next week I get to do Raspberry jam, and the next week Strawberry jam. I can't have any, but the rest of the family will enjoy it.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 10:25

BF:
Progress:

Bawdy - No need to add cream.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 10:40

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Good morning!

Well the rain and thunderstorms held off long enough to go for a short ride this morning so I got my horsie fix for the day. Makes me smile!
Puppy slept all night-so got a whole nights sleep. DH was "in the mood" for the first time in weeks so that got taken care of too.

Bawdy-How wonderful to see you start the thread this morning!!!! Chicken in the oven-just mix a little cream with a little water and pour over chicken, bake like normal, also sprinkle with whatever seasonings jump out of the cupboard at me.

Song- All our families live in Utah and will be there from the 22nd thru the 30th. Will be in West Weber, which is just west of Ogden. We are the only ones who have ever moved away. Just imagine, DH and me, 5 of our kids, and one dog, in one mini-van for 26 hours of driving. Can you call me insane???!!!

Acipenser, Chamellie, and all others-hope you have a great day! Will check in later-
Starting to thunder and lightning here and probably should get off the computer.
Love,
Carrie
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 11:09

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Bawdy is in the house!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 11:29

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Carrie - congrats on T-storm, puppy and other things taken care of.

Song - wonderful re: exercise and you can send some of the jam this way -- for when I'm on maintenance, of course

Ellie - Your menu looks great as always. How are you feeling these days?

Elaine - How are yu doing now. Has your get up and go returned

Michele (acipenser) - that's how I do the chicken as well most of the time.

Bawdy - glad you are cooking some today.

Yeti - Yesterday was the Yeti's B-day and I missed it. A mutual friend sent me this pic from the party
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elaine bday cake1-4.JPG (10.5 KB, 6 views)
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 12:01
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 65
BF:more than needed
Progress: 58%

Weighed in today and was up 5 lbs. I guess the salsa and chips for Cinco de Mayo( I knew weigh in wouldn't be pretty but that didn't stop me) and TOM might have something to do with that. I also don't have much desire to stay on the treadmill. The kids have been getting into all sorts of trouble suddenly while I am walking so I need to figure out a new plan.

Today, I am starting back at Induction for a week. Also going to try to split my activity into two sessions, maybe even walk with the kids in there too. Today I have been working out in the yard and digging in the dirt. I am hoping it will mean I don't give in so quickly to the call of the chocolate or whatever it is.

Another thought for your chicken--- dip in egg and then coat with Parmesan cheese and any seasoning. Bake at 400 for 1 hour. Can do with wings or whatever.

Have a good day everyone.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 12:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/198/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi everyone!! Can I join in? I'm new to PP but not to LC.
Sasquatch told me about this board and I'm excited! He advised me that some of you are from the "other" board. I am as well.

Anyway, today is day 1 for me and so far so good! I hope you don't mind my questions in the process.

Hi Renee!! Tis RoseWaddles here.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

#14   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 12:37

BF:
Progress:

Welcome sweet pea New faces are always welcome here. We call the other board the darkside I still wander in every now and then, there I am Ellie125.

Orang - I am feeling pretty good this week, thanks for asking My hormone issues have backed off but not sure how long it will last as TOM is due next week. How are you feeling these days?

Shrubie - Don't worry, I am sure it is only water. Chips have alot of salt.

I am off to my 15 minute torture class formerly known as Pilates
  #15   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 12:38
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

:: pats seat next to her:: have a comfy one Sweet pea.. welcome..

It was nice to see a Bawdy this mornin'! I do the chicken bake like Michelle's and also the : throw whatever seasonings catch my eye method Sounds yummy.

I am so pooped and have so much to do, but I am seriously eyeballin' my sofa to take a nap in the sunshine... think I will just do that, and set my alarm for 1/2 hour so I can get some things done before heading back over to the office for some evening appointments!

OH.. I will have to take a picture of my car with the new window decals! It looks so AWESOME... and one lady was writing down my phone number as we sat at a light on the way home.. so looks like its already paying for itself.. woo hooee!!

:;;waves hi to everyone.. :::::