Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 05:35

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Saturday - Jan 17

Welcome to the Protein Power Pals daily thread. All are welcome who are using, considering or curious about this WOE. We also welcome friends using other LC WOEs to drop by for some friendly conversation and a large glass of water.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 05:54

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I have my menu planning to do for the week and then off to battle the grocery shopping world again.

Hope everyone has a great weekened.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 06:12

BF:

Hi Smoothblu:
Great to see you are going to the grocer with a plan. Hope you have a great weekend as well. Mine will be busy, not sure how much I will be able to post.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 06:43

BF:

My menu was good yesterday - well up until we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner :: hangs head in shame:: .
Surprisingly, my weight is down a lb from yesterday - 175 lbs this AM and my breathe and pee still reek of ketosis.

Total calories: 1677
Fat: 100 gms 984 cal 48%
Sat: 34 gms 305 cal 19%
Poly: 22 gms 201 cal 12%
Mono: 37 gms 337 cal 21%
Carbs: 79 gms 243 cal 15% ECC:61 gms
Fiber: 18 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 120 gms 481 cal 30%

Breakfast:
4 egg beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
12 ozs coffee and 8 ozs sugar-free breakfast drink with 3/4 T pysillum power

Snack:
2 cups cooked cabbage (I love it)

Lunch:
8 ozs frozen salad shrimp sauteed in 1 T butter w/ garlic

Dinner:
1 Chili Relleno
1 enchilada (seasoned chicken, sauce & 6 " corn tortilla)
1 tostada (beef, lettuce, cheese, 6" corn tortilla, salsa, sour cream)
7 corn chips with uncooked salsa

About 64 ozs water, 12 ozs coffee, 20 oz diet rite, 24 oz flavored water

Goals for today - eat on plan and get some light exercise - I am still not feeling real well so will have to go easy on the exercise.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 07:54

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Morning! Just wanted to pop in quickly to let you know I'm still kicking (mostly myself in the butt for eating something like 20 Ritz crackers last night instead of dinner). DH has had a toothache for a week now, though I only found out last night when he said he didn't want dinner. I wasn't terribly hungry, so I had a hunk of cheese. Then 5 Ritz crackers (5 crackers is 80 calories, 4 grams fat, 10 grams carbs, and 1 gram protein). Strangely enough, it didn't break the bank, so to speak. Daily totals:

Calories: 1,387
Fat: 54 grams (34%)
Carbs 68 grams, 65 ECC (19%)
Protein: 72 grams (21%)

OK, so it clearly wasn't one of my better days in terms of percentages, but at least I kept the calories down.

Did anyone look at the attachment I posted the other day? It was the overview screen from the downloaded Fitday. I've been staying below 1500 calories throughout January, with fat/carb/protein percentages at 47/14/37 (averaging 124 grams of protein per day). This isn't bad. What I like is that it gives you the big picture. I've had a couple of "free-for-all" meals, but they have been only blips on the radar screen. Overall I'm doing well. Still at 166, but hope to be down a little soon. I dropped 4 pounds the first week, and none since.

Elaine, I haven't had any error messages, but should I contact Fitday for the upgraded version anyway?

Rob, I'm saddened to hear about your uncle. My thoughts are with you.

I'll check back in later. If I get to the grocery store early, I can stock up on the marked-down meats. That's one way to keep the prices down with LC eating. Buy (and cook) in bulk.

See you later!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 09:39

BF:

Back from the grocery store, and it was a good (not great) day for marked-down meat. I got $17 off my bill. Because I get home from work late, DH and I often have steak for dinner. It's fast, and it's good. We get sirloins or Porterhouse, usually. Right after New Year's though, they had a bunch of beef tenderloins (filet mignon) left that no one bought. On a $12 package, I got around $5 off. That ain't bad. I bought every one they marked down. Throw them in the freezer, and they're good to go.

DH will be away this week (leaving Monday morning), so tomorrow night I'm making a whole turkey breast so that I have plenty to munch on throughout the week.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 09:50

BF:

Project Manager Bawdy - you are entirely too organized

I have Ellie's oriental chicken marinading for dinner
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 10:24

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orang
Project Manager Bawdy - you are entirely too organized
If only I were HALF this organized on the job!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 11:10

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hello all, just back from errands and a trip to Trader Joes where I actually found unsweetened coconut (I have some LC recipes I've been wanting to try). Does anyone know how to store it long term?(it comes in a bag).Also bought pecans, pistachios for recipes. I wish I could eat soy, they have some nice lc cereals now.

Bawdy, here's my retail therapy story-I shop at DSW shoe warehouse and they give you bonus certificates every so often based on how much you buy. Last summer I needed shoes and bought a lot.So I had a 25.00 one to use up by end of the month. I needed a new pair of plain black pumps for the office. I usually just get the Aerosole low heeled pump because they're comfy. Well, they discount them to around 35.00(they retail at 49) and I used my certificate so I just got a brand new pair of Aerosoles for 9.90!!!

If you're not having a problem with Fitday just wait until they send you something that there's a new version. I think he just tweaked the one he had and didn't put it out there as an upgrade maybe.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 11:26

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Hey, just quickly checking in. I've worked very hard to get back on track after feeling so messed up from the lowcarb cheesecake last Saturday. This morning, stepped on the scale for my weekly weigh-in and was down 0.5 lb to 146.5!

Hope everyone has a great weekend
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 11:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Saturday January 17

Hi All! Off to the grocery store today to pick up a few things to add to meal plans in my "switchover" from Atkins! Some cottage cheese (have really missed that...and maybe an apple???)

Elaine, I sure would like to hear any tips you may have for lowcarbing with hypo! I have been stuck at the same weight for over a YEAR!!!!! Keep bouncing around between 165 and 170! DETERMINED to break that 165 barrier

Orang, I get over YOUR way quite often too! My parents live in Oak Ridge (where I grew up) and my brother lives in Faragut.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 12:01

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlynweb
I have been stuck at the same weight for over a YEAR!!!!!
I know it's not much consolation, but look at it this way, you've MAINTAINED for over a year!!!

Glass is half full rather than half empty.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 13:09

BF:

Katlyn,
Your brother is practically my neighbor - I'm in the Louisville / Topside area.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 13:46

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Kat, I haven't figured out what to do yet as far as losing. I haven't gained a pound over my starting weight of over a year ago but haven't had any dramatic losses either.Lost a few doing 3 protein days but as soon as I added salad and carbs back I gained back the 4 I had lost.
I liked Orang's suggestion of doing a maintenance version of PP , I have to read up on that. (Just about finishing Blowfly, Bawdy,don't tell me how it ends )

Yeeeeeeeeaah Wendy So glad the DBF thing is going well!!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 14:01

BF:

Elaine, tell me when you finish. I really want to know what you thought of it.