Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, May-14-16, 15:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/171/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default New and getting frustrated.

So I started the Atkins diet and don't feel like I'm losing enough weight and I'm starting to get frustrated.

Background: just had my second kid 6 months ago and began doing a crossfit like workout 2 months ago. At that time I wasn't dieting. I could notice some toning but not much weight loss so starting May 1 at I started Atkins along with still doing regular exercise. i don't have tons to lose. I am looking to lose 12 pounds or so to be a good weight. 20 pounds would put me at my dream weight.

I weigh myself regularly and also take measurements all around my body. After 2 weeks of dieting I have only lost maybe 3 pounds and not much movement of the measurements either. My husband who is going the same diet minus the exercise has lost almost 10 pounds. He keeps telling me that it should start dropping off soon. But I'm gettin really frustrated and don't know what to do. Dieting is sucky enough that I don't want to torture myself for no reason.

I have the Atkins app and enter everything I eat. I am usually always below 20h of crabs, way under the fat and protein markers. And usually under 1200 calories. I drink plenty of water, take vitamins, haven't cheated, etc. short of starving myself i don't know what else to do.

Has anyone else has this experience? Is it normal to not see much loss at first and then see rapid loss. Any tips or help. It is extremely hard to stay motivated on a diet when you aren't seeing results. And even more frustrated when your husban who is doing a lot less than you is tripling your numbers.
Sponsored Links