Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 13:41

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

Picton,

I sense part of your problem is the physical effort that it takes to prepare LC meals. So, I would look for meals that take littl effort.

Do you have a slow cooker or crock pot? You can do the prep work of filling the crock, etc., and then it cooks for 6-8 hours, completely unattended, while you do whatever you want. Then, voila, the meal is hot and ready to eat.

Maybe meals would be more appealing if you don't feel like they are a great labor. If you can put the food in the crock and then take a long, long break before time to eat, would that help?

Also, there are foods that can be cooked and then kept on hand and eaten cold -- boiled eggs, devilled eggs, tuna and chicken salads, etc. Have you tried preapring these on a day when you have energy and strength and then eating them the next day or two, at times when you just aren't up to cooking?

I understand the energy/pain issue, as I have MS and have definite good days versus bad days. On the bad days when I don't have emals made ahead, I will eat a hot dog, or lunch meat, or celery with peanut butter. On the good days, I cook ahead and freeze things.

I also never really feel full and I have never stopped craving carb-y foods. But as I have gotten my weight down, it becomes psychologically easier to persevere day after day.