Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 19:57

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%
Question what brands do you use for carbos?

Ok guys,
First a little background. I am a current low carber looking into somersizing.

I've been searching the web looking to see which brands of bread will be ok for me to use. Can I use anything as long as it's "whole wheat?" Because every bread has sugar. (It's what feeds the yeast) and a little fat at least.
I'm interested to know what brands of bread, Pitas, hot and cold cereal you SS'ers have found work for you. And any other useful products too.

A few more questions:
Can I just pick out "wonder bread light" or one of those delicious whole wheat seed breads or Sarah Lee whole wheat? Can I eat flaxomeal, and what about granola? As long as it's sugar free and not made with refined flour?
How strict do I have to be on the no carbs with pro/fat and no pro/fat with carb meals? Because there are carbs in EVERYTHING except meat. Obviously there's a little leeway because you can have cream and cottage cheese with the pro/fats meals and they contain carbs, as do veggies.
and where do I fit all the desserts in... they are never classified with pro/fats or carbos.

Thanks for any help!

Sheri
Sponsored Links