Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#391   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 10:44

Plan: LC, HF, PP
Stats: 214/188.2/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

I've never put breadcrumbs or anything else in my burgers except spices. you could try adding an egg???

Take raw cauli and run it through your food processor using the blade with holes. Or use a cheese grater :-)
Chris
Sponsored Links
  #392   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 11:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.8/182.6/150 Female 5feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default what am I doing wrong?

ok, I have tried these two times, been really excited because everyone else seems to have such good luck! I beat the whites until they were so stiff they didn't move when I turned the bowl upside down, gently blended in the yolk mixture, (yellow streaks were present in the final product) then baked. I ended up with what seemed to be right, but after they cooled, they kind were kind of moist (stuck to the ziplock bag) and fell apart when I barely touched them. No way I could spread butter or margerine on them. Am I cooking too long/too short? What???? I really wanted 'cinamon toast'!!
  #393   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 11:31

Stats: 240/214/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhtmommy
I ended up with what seemed to be right, but after they cooled, they kind were kind of moist (stuck to the ziplock bag) and fell apart when I barely touched them. No way I could spread butter or margerine on them. Am I cooking too long/too short? What???? I really wanted 'cinamon toast'!!

Let them sit out uncovered for a bit while they cool. Actually, when I made my blueberry cake last night, I just put it on my cake plate and left it uncovered in the fridge for a while. That really helped. (I was pressed for time and wanted them done and frosted asap. lol) Also if you need to store them for later in a ziplock bag, leave it open. That way they can air out and prevent moisture.
  #394   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 11:59

Stats: 187.8/182.6/150 Female 5feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Marie
Let them sit out uncovered for a bit while they cool. Actually, when I made my blueberry cake last night, I just put it on my cake plate and left it uncovered in the fridge for a while. That really helped. (I was pressed for time and wanted them done and frosted asap. lol) Also if you need to store them for later in a ziplock bag, leave it open. That way they can air out and prevent moisture.

Thanks much, I will try that!!
  #395   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 12:27
Scottish Flower

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 210/171/145 Female 5ft 3 1/2
BF:no i'm married :)
Progress: 60%

Ok any thoughts?

I bake mine in a non stick muffin top pan, i spray some oil in to each one and usually they slip out perfectly. The last few batches have stuck horribly, i even tried olive oil today and the coating of my pan does not seem damaged in anyway. Any suggestions would be gratefully received
  #396   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 15:45

Plan: keto/atkins/no cow dairy
Stats: 230/217/170 Female 5" 8'
BF:
Progress: 22%

I did my first batch and the potential is enormous. I'm planning on garlic shrimp for supper and I really miss having something to dip in the butter. These will be perfect.
My never-overweight dh came in and said, "watcha making?" they smell good. Promptly stole one and said "These are really good. I'd eat these." Great, now I'll be fighting him for them
My 5 year old daughter was eyeing them too.
They really are good.
Cerridwen
  #397   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 17:59

Plan: Atkins/PP blend
Stats: 163.4/157/145 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyboo
I don't use any sweetener in mine normally, i did try xylitol once and will definitely use that if i plan on making any for a sweet dessert. I'm planning on making the rev roll layer cake for my hubby's birthday on St Patricks Day.

I was thinking that same thing, but that I'd increase the splenda in the summer and use the rolls for strawberry shortcake!

I am now a rev roll addict. I've learned to make the egg whites as stiff as a board and then to take my hand whisk to fold the egg whites into the egg/cream cheese mixture -- it works better for me than a spatula and gives me a more firm and consistent texture.

I love the idea of the muffin top pan. One of the things that might be happening is a build-up of the spray on stuff, Daisy. Hot water and steel wool. That stuff is tenacious! It's especially bad, I think on non-stick coating and when it's non-stick, you have to use the plastic scrubby which just doesn't work as well.

I've been sick for the past few weeks (sinus infection) and this is where I usually fall off the wagon because I want bread. Oopsie rolls have saved me. I warm them a tiny bit and then have butter on them. Yum. And I do love peanut butter and rev roll (with just a teeny tiny bit of low sugar orange marmalade). Very soothing.

Has anyone tried splenda and cinnamon rev rolls yet? Or adding pecans or almonds? Did they still rise well?
  #398   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 18:20

Stats: 190/154/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 72%

I bake mine on parchment paper and they just lift off. I do find that if I store them in a plastic bag in the fridge they get too moist and soft. I have started using a cloth bag that I originally bought to store bread in. It has a draw string top and the rolls keep better in it. Also let them cool and firm up completely on the counter before putting into the fridge.
  #399   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 18:58

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiem50
What is riced cauliflower?Sandie
Grate raw cauliflower with a cheese grater and cook/steam until it has the consistency of rice.
  #400   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 19:12
Intermittent Feaster

Plan: DSTSS
Stats: 280/188/175 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 88%

Quote:
I bake mine in a non stick muffin top pan, i spray some oil in to each one and usually they slip out perfectly. The last few batches have stuck horribly ...
I use silicone rings (which meant to keep fried eggs from running all over the pan), and I put them on are baking parchment, which is impregnated with silicone. Before I got the silicone rings, I used metal English muffin rings, which I greased liberally. The advantage of this method is that the bottoms of the rolls are sitting directly on the baking parchment, which is as non-stick as you can get, and if you can't get them out of the rings, you can run a knife around to loosen them. You can also make them free-form on the parchment paper.
  #401   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 22:33

Stats: 180/156/120 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 40%

After several attempts at oopsie rolls, I finally made some that looked just like cleo's. Now, the first several batches were good, don't get me wrong, they just were a little flat and runny when I put them on the pan. I finally have mastered the egg white/cream cheese mixture mixing process.

I don't know what I would do without these things. They have revolutionized the dieting world (well for me at least).
  #402   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-08, 06:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179/158/148 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerridwen
I did my first batch and the potential is enormous. I'm planning on garlic shrimp for supper and I really miss having something to dip in the butter. These will be perfect.
My never-overweight dh came in and said, "watcha making?" they smell good. Promptly stole one and said "These are really good. I'd eat these." Great, now I'll be fighting him for them
My 5 year old daughter was eyeing them too.
They really are good.
Cerridwen

i have to say though it does annoy me when non low carbers eat my only low carb food and then when my food runs out, i have to watch them eat pasta and cake!
  #403   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-08, 06:10

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

OH I KNOW!!!!!

what the heck? you choose to eat anything and everything, leave my stuff alone!!!!
  #404   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-08, 06:33

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Ok any thoughts?

I bake mine in a non stick muffin top pan, i spray some oil in to each one and usually they slip out perfectly. The last few batches have stuck horribly, i even tried olive oil today and the coating of my pan does not seem damaged in anyway. Any suggestions would be gratefully received
I dont make oopsies/rev rolls often but do make my own version of buns using flax/almond flour/wheat gluten .

I got fed up with them sticking in a well greased yorkshire pudding tin so decided to use muffin tin liners.

I stretch the crinkly sides out to line the bottom of the pan divisions and voilá no problems with them sticking any more.
Also they keep their shape well and store without sticking together.

The paper isnt as easy to peel off when they are fresh but after a night in the fridge they come off clean if you are careful and dont yank them off (like bmy DH does)
  #405   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-08, 08:17
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 275/275/80 Female 5' 5'
BF:
Progress:

Thank you so much. Sandie