Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 08:00

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%
Default Canadians....guess what I found at Wal-Mart....

diet caffeine free soda sweetened with sucralose...the Wal-Mart brand has been revamped...Great Value soda now has no aspartame.

I also found low-carb milk! I didn't even know they sold this in Canada. I haven't tried it yet, but it's 3 grams of carb per cup.

Incidentally, this was at the Brampton West Wal-Mart (Hwy 10 & Bovaird).

I really was missing milk. I can't wait to try. Will update you!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 08:03

Plan: low carb
Stats: 189/136/136 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

I dont drink soda but i did buy the milk.I used it in the blender for a smoothy,it was really good but it is still a hard to find item at my wal-mart.
Overwaitie also has the milk.!

#3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 08:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/157/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 72%

Thanks for the info, Msmum1977 - I've been stressing over what kind of soda to buy, and the milk would be great for the occasional smoothie or to mix with protein powder. BTW, have you been able to find low-carb tortillas?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 09:09

Plan: PPP
Stats: /////////// Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Someone brought the Walmart cola to a birthday party yesterday so I got to try it. It is good. (The person who brought it had been told by his doctor never to have aspartame again - it was messing up his brain.)
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 10:46

Plan: 70 Carbs or less Daily
Stats: 228/217.5/175 Male 74 Inches
BF:30.66
Progress: 20%

Do you know if Walmart or Any Canadian Major Stores carry Davinci sugar free syrups??
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 10:48

Plan: PP/Atkins/Transformation
Stats: 305/264/220 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

That would be great if Wal-Mart carried Davinvi, but alas ... it is still hard to find. I get mine in Toronto twice a year from a coffee distributor.
Try checking in the Yellow Pages for a large coffee machine distributor. They carry the sugar version of Davinci Syrups and sometimes carry a few of the other low carb versions.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 11:02

Plan: M/E & Atkins
Stats: 257/206/199 Female 5 foot 2 inches
BF:way too high!
Progress: 88%

Hi Ottawa....I'm pretty sure I saw some DaVinci syrup at the GNC here in Ottawa (on Bank street near Laurier)....they have quite an assortment of low carb products, they even have the low carb tortillas, oh and the Margaritta mix too
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 11:22

BF:

Thanks Ozzy,
I usually go by there for an alternate protein powder but missed both those items. I did notice they had a sale on the large size of Whey Gold (clearout) and the Mega WHey.
I miss the tortillas so I'll drop by. The Davinci's I'll still get in Toronto since they carry so many flavors but it's great to know that there is an alternate.
UNfortunately I have never given up my sweet tooth and between Davinci and SweetZfree, it keeps things going. I know that some people cannot take a low carb sweet since it triggers cravings but I find it appeases quite well.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 12:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 187/149/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hey Damange!!

Deluca's on Mcphillips has Davinci's syrups. It is a warehouse and they sell for about 8.50/bottle. They are really good! You should call and find out what flavours they have. Good Luck!

Laurie
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 16:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/125/125 Female 5 2
BF:33/25/20
Progress: 100%

I heard that Zuccarinis (the "Toronto Distributor" I think you are referring to) no longer sells Da Vinci Syrups - a distribution issue. I can't confirm....has anyone else heard?
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 21:34

BF:

Steph,
That would be a true dissapointment. They carried many flavours. I'll call (416-537-3439) them tomorrow to see what they have and report back. Since I only get to Toronto a few times a year, I usually hit a couple of shops and I have tickets for the Jerry Seinfeld benefit in May.
Do you have any other sources? It seems that a lot of LC places have vanished and that the West Coast is becomming the Low Carb Center of Canada.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 10:33

BF:

You were right, there are no more sugar free syrups at Zuccarini Gaggia's. I still have a few flavors left but I'll look elsewhere.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 12:02
Registered Member

Stats: 210/192/170 Female 72 inches
BF:too much??
Progress: 45%

Hi..I bought my davinci splenda sweetened syrups at the Bay...they have some latte maker thingy and they sell the syrups along side it...have seen it in most of the Hudsons bay stores in Edmonton!..Good luck they are great with coffee and a dollop of whip cream....my evening treat!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 14:37
Call me Magic

Stats: 238/194/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 56%

I am a DaVinci addict and the best source I have found in Canada is CanadaSnacks.com -- they have a ton of flavours and many other Low Carb products. It's a division of Maple Leaf Foods I beleive. Free shipping for orders over 50 dollars -- I've been pleased with the speed of delivery so far. Give it a try.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 14:45

Plan: general lc
Stats: 262/196.2/175 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default Liquidation World

I just got back from Liquidation World and they have ALL the carb options stuff for $1 each. I got ketchup, peanut butter, iced tea (crystal light style), pasta sauce and they had more but stuff I don't eat like the soup mix, pasta side dishes, steak sauce etc... I don't eat alot of the convenience foods but this stuff will last me forever. I got two bags full of stuff for $10 canadian. dirt cheap !
Tina