Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-06, 07:27

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 281.5/268.5/200 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Miker's Gym Log

Well I figure that since I'm going all out to once again lose weight.....I should start a workout log. This will most likely be where I post most of the time, as I'm not one for talking recipes and keeping food journals. I stick to Atkins Induction so what I eat is pretty much the same everyday with little variation. That part of my plan is a given. Logging my workouts and sticking to an exercise regimen is the key for me to lose weight and keep it off.

I started Atkins Induction on 8/15. I made it to the gym (YMCA) on the 16th and 18th this week. As of this morning (Sat) I've lost 7.5 lbs.
I am not new to working out. In some sick twisted way....I actually enjoy cardio workouts. I've lost a good amount of weight in the past low carbing and exercising, but because of a bout of plantar faciitus over the past year or so, my exercise routine has been hampered big time. And that has led to weight gain. At one time not too long ago, I was running 20 - 25 miles a week. The plantar faciitus quickly put a damper on that. I did what I could for as long as I could.... until over the last 3 or 4 months it became too much of an effort to ignore the pain....so I quit working out altogether. Now that my foot is feeling somewhat better......I'm going to nurse myself back into it.
Right now I've been doing the eliptical for 30 minutes followed by 15 minutes walking on the treadmill.....at a 5% incline. I plan to follow that routine for the most part as I get back into this. It's low impact....which will allow my heel to continue the healing proccess. And as I lose weight......that will also be very helpful on the foot. Funny how foot.....and other pains all seem to go away when you lose weight.

Eventually, I will also get back into weight training, but for the first 2 or 3 weeks.....I plan to focus on just the cardio.

This week's log so far:
Wed 8/16
30 minutes Eliptical - Level 6 (Alpine Pass Program)
15 minutes treadmill walk - 5% incline

Fri 8/18
30 minutes Eliptical - Level 6 (Alpine Pass Program)
15 minutes treadmill walk - 5% incline

I plan to hit the gym today also. I will be back to log my workout.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-06, 11:59

BF:

Sat 8/19
30 minutes on the eliptical. Maintained an average heart rate of about 158.
I also did 17 minutes on the treadmill.....maintained my heart rate at about 154 for that workout.

#3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-06, 12:09

BF:

Another workout in the books!

I did 47 minutes today on the eliptical.....manual program. Switched the level back and forth between 7 and 10. Average heartrate was 157.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-21-06, 20:28

BF:

Mon 8/21

43 minutes tonight. 30 on the eliptical....another 13 on the treadmill.
Down another half pound this morning.
Made the gym 5 out of the last 6 days. It's been a while since I could say that. It feels good to be getting back in the groove.
There's nothing like a good sweat.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-22-06, 20:04

BF:

Tues 8/22

Got my 47 minutes in on the eliptical tonight. I upped the intensity a bit.....moved back and forth between level 7 and 12 tonight. Average heart rate was at 167.