Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 09:41

Plan: Atkins ‘72
Stats: 260.5/179.0/180 Female  5'5 1/2
BF:My hubs
Progress: 101%
Default I'm Baaaack!

Well, I was doing so well...... but between job stress and extra money I am back over 200! So today is the begining.....

Been here for more years than I care to admit..... it would show my age! LC-ing is the best way in the world to eat.... I started my journey a few years ago....at 225 or so, then moved to a different state and left my self created family and started binging.... yes, I am an emotional eater. But have learned the happier I am I also tend to relax my eatting and eat a lot when I do....

So I started back to the lc woe back in July of 06 at a nice heavy number of 255lbs. Managed to get down to 192 last year before going on vacation and then a major shift in my job on Nov 1 has since had me just eating what ever.

My jeans are tight, and I have found that even though I have only put back on 17.5 lbs it has affected my private(cough) life with DH. So time to get the bull by the horns before the 17.5 becomes 170lbs.....

It is so nice to be reading and seeing people that have just hung around all these years.....

P.S. I set my first goal back to 180, but my final goal is 140lbs....someday.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 10:42

Ok, talked my 18 year old son into giving me his spring break to eat the lc way. Just this week. We weighed in (mine was the same 209.5) and he weighs in at 300.5lbs. We have been talking about the changes that need to take place. I am hoping that he gets some great results this week and that he decides to keep going for the long run.....
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 11:01

Plan: keto ancestral/IF
Stats: 330/189/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Welcome back. Good luck to you and to your son.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 15:39

Plan: Low Carb & Sleeved
Stats: 363/217/175 Female 4 ft 11 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Good luck to the both of you!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 20:24
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Welcome back. And good luck with the spring break with your son.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-08, 10:24

Well, day one complete..... I lost 1.5 and he maintained. I have been trying to explain to him the inns and outs of lc, but he is a very young 18 and not interested in this woe or any woe other than eatting what he wants when he wants.....

I went to the market this morning and stocked up on a few 'extras' like sugar free jello and meats......I am hoping to show him this isn't a miserable way to eat.....
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-08, 16:20

BF:

Nah - not miserable at all. My family is this huge experiment - the stuff I feed them. Fortunately most of it is really good. Last night we had this lamb and pork sausage stew that I made in the crock pot -OMG it was awesome. Tonight I am making country-style spare-ribs (also in the crock pot) that I am cooking with a little bit sugar-free maple syrup (lesss than 1/4 c), whiskey (less than 1/4 c), soy sauce, garlic, red onion, thyme, bacon fat (I'm trying to approximate teryaki). We'll see how it goes. I always have something quick to cook on stand-by - JUST IN CASE. The last time I made spare ribs in the crock pot, I faked BBQ sauce, and that was super-good. Then there are the steaks. Cook him a few of those bad-boys. Yum. Or some bison burgers. No need to be miserable. I can't have dairy or nuts or gluten (my diet is a lot more restricted than the typical atkins diet) - and so I don't feed my family those things either, and we're not miserable.

My step-son has a serious carb intolerance, and so whenever he is here I am pretty sneaky and feed him only low glycemic (he is nine, so I don't go all out atkins-style low carb with him - I will feed him some berries and some Ezekiel bread) - and he thinks that I am the greatest cook ever. While he is here, his energy level is up and he loves the food he is eating. He has no idea that we have him on a "special diet" at our house.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 11:01

Wink

No Whammies: WOW is all I can say. You have had an amazing weight loss! Very very impressive!

Thank you for your suggestions..... it gave me some great ideas! I do have one question....

How did you fake the BBQ sauce?

An big thank you to all the others who have posted. I appreciate it the support!~
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 17:33

BF:
Default BBQ sauce recipe

I originally posted the recipe for BBQ sauce here - but I just posted it in my journal instead because I actually wrote it down as I did it - and when I posted it here I forgot some ingredients - so you can find the recipe in my journal.

Karen

Last edited by NoWhammies : Wed, Mar-26-08 at 17:59.