Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 14:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/289.5/135 Female 5'8"
BF:A lot less :)
Progress: 9%
Default Orange cream pops

I got this idea from someone else on these boards, but I modified it to a frozen treat instead of a liquid treat.

Take DIET orange soda and heavy cream and mix them together in a large jug until mixed well. You can use as much as you want. I like to use a little more soda and then about a third of cream. Pour this creamy, sweet, mixture into popsycle molds and freeze.

These frozen treats taste just like an orange creamsycle from childhood. They are sweet and creamy and taste oh so sinful. I found a 0 carb cream at king soopers, so the pops are zero carbs each!!!! But if you really want to be sure you can just count each one as 1 carb gram. (Still very low!)

You can also do this with diet root beer, or diet dr. pepper. Yum! Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 17:48

Plan: lc my way
Stats: 285/207.6/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

sounds great, payday I'm heading to the grocery!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-09, 10:22

Plan: Atkinsish
Stats: 159/152/129 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%

This is so what I've been looking for. I love ice cream but don't really want to spend money on an ice cream maker (perhaps I'll ask for one for my birthday) but in the mean time, this is GENIUS! Definitely getting some of this today!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-09, 18:34

Plan: Dr's plan Atkins like
Stats: 237/208/140 Female 5"7'
BF:don't wanna know!
Progress: 30%

I just read this to my Non-low carb Hubby, He would like me to go out in the snow storm to get pop molds now!!! Sounds great gonna try this soon!

Dee
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-09, 19:15

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Diet Rite makes a *great* Tangerine Soda made with Splenda instead of the usual aspartame in most diet sodas which can slow *some* peoples weight loss.

I've tried making the creamsicles with the Tangerine and also their Raspberry diet soda which is also just as good. Their whole diet line up is actually pretty awesome including the diet Black Cherry, Cherry Cola, White Grape, Kiwi Strawberry. All zero carb, zero calorie, zero sugar. So you could just have yourself a creamsicle fest!

Oh yeah...almost forgot...Trader Joes carries a zero carb Heavy Whipping Cream.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~ Ralph Marston

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Last edited by 2007 : Tue, Feb-03-09 at 19:16. Reason: trader joes.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-09, 19:18

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 283/279/190 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 4%

wish i had seen this before i went to wal mart!! ive got strep throat.. these would have been great!!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-09, 20:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/123/130 Female 5' 6"
BF:some
Progress: 170%

For me it doesn't matter how many zero carbs things have. If I am not real careful all these yummy treats I hear about on this forum can sure sabotage this WOE. I just want to learn to eat clean and avoid to many low carb substitutes. OH but it is soooooo hard. ARGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 09:22
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 230/220/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

What about using ZEVIA - soda sweetened with Stevia:

http://www.zevia.com/
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 12:53
Registered Member

Plan: Kwasniewski Ratios
Stats: 225/158/145 Female 65
BF:53%/24%/20%
Progress: 84%
Default Yes, there are carbs in Trader Joes heavy cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
Trader Joes carries a zero carb Heavy Whipping Cream.
Quote:
I found a 0 carb cream at king soopers

Unfortunately there's no such thing as 0 carb cream. You can't go by the label for cream, which lists a 'serving' as 1 tablespoon. That's because there are 7 carbs per cup of heavy cream, which means a tablespoon falls under the "less than .5 carbs" labeling law, which allows them to round down to zero. But it's not actually zero, it's .44 carbs per tablespoon to be precise. Low carb, sure - but not zero carb.

Worse, there are even more carbs in light whipping cream - because there's less fat. 9 carbs per cup. And still more in half and half.

If you're still at the stage where accurately counting carbs matters to whether or not you stall, and you're eating more than 1 tbls a day from all sources, this is a number you should record in your daily food journal. This is probably why Atkins limited the amount of cream you can eat on induction.

Lisa
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 15:10

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
Diet Rite makes a *great* Tangerine Soda made with Splenda instead of the usual aspartame in most diet sodas which can slow *some* peoples weight loss.

Thanks for this. I only buy soda a few times a year but the last time I was in that aisle I looked at dozens of labels and finally gave up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diana55
What about using ZEVIA - soda sweetened with Stevia:

http://www.zevia.com/

Even better, but I wish it was carried at a store closer to me. I'll try it eventually.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 18:39
Registered Member

Plan: AtKiNs
Stats: 210/196/150 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 23%

I definately will try this idea out. My dh is on the atkins with me and we could use a little pick me up every once in a blue moon. Little extra additives you could pull off an awesome sherbert icecream too I bet.