Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 22:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/147/128 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default My Journey to FITness

Well, everyone else was doing it so I decided to make a gym log! HA HA!

Actually, I'm having some trouble getting my butt moving when it comes to exercise (of any form) so I am hoping that writing it down every day and holding myself accountable may help.

I have also joined the 50 miles before Christmas challenge, in the hopes that that too would push me in the right direction.

I keep saying to myself that today will be the day I go to the gym. I have the membership that is just wasting money every month while I sit on my butt. I don't want to waste that money anymore!

We'll see how this helps...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 00:57

BF:

Alrighty, So today was no gym day, but I did walk around campus a lot (I work on a college campus - lots of walking opportunities!). Something is better than nothing and today was a start.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 07:18

BF:

Not doing so hot in this area as of yet... I just can't seem to get it to work with my schedule. Or maybe I just won't. I'm sure if I set the time or even made an appointment for it, I would go. I'm just being pure LAZY. Maybe I need to search for motivational pictures???
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-05, 06:39

BF:

So nothing yet on the gym front. Tomorrow is Wednesday, and I am planning on heading to the gym after I am done with work. I want to get some miles in (for my Christmas challenge) and maybe lift a few light weights.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-05, 20:35

BF:

It took 20 days or so, but I finally got my butt to the gym!!! Yea!!! I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes (2miles) while listening to a new book on tape. Very enjoyable and relaxing!

I plan on going again tomorrow - sticking to the treadmill and stretching for now, just to get me back in the habit of going to the gym. I also would like to get to the point of looking forward to my gym time. It shouldn't take too long, I do still remember the positive effects of consistent workouts!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-05, 22:28

Stats: 260/224/160 Female 5'9"
BF:plenty!
Progress: 36%

Hi! I was browsing through the journals, and wanted to congratulate you on joining---and actually going ---to the gym! I also joined one back in June, and have truly gotten to where I look forward to going. I am NOT an exercise kind of person, but I really like this. It's low impact, but I can tell a difference. I hope you do well.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-07-05, 20:52

BF:

Went to the gym again today - go me!!! Time truly flies while listening to my book on tape! I spend about 40 minutes on the treadmill and feel as though it has only been 15 minutes. Makes working out easier!

I walked for two miles again today.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Oct-08-05, 22:21

BF:

No gym workout today. Was pretty busy. Also a tad sore from the last two days. Maybe I'll go tomorrow, but if not, I will definatly be going on Monday!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-05, 16:58

BF:

Took a break from gym (from my 2 days of Hard Work! LOL) for the three day weekend. Went back today and did another 2 miles on the treadmill. I'm working on making the gym a habit first before I add in things like weights, different machines, etc.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-05, 21:16

BF:

Another gym day, another 2 miles added. I think this is starting to become a habit - I feel happy when on my way to the gym and get upset when something delays me! A week ago I didn't think that would happen so soon! I can't wait to add weights back in and start to get defined! Boy how I miss having a body like that...it will soon be mine again!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 17:55

BF:

Yet another gym day, yet another 2 miles. I also did 3 reps of 10 on the lat pull down and also on the rowing type machine. I wasn't going to add weights back in so soon, but after my visit with my chiropractor today decided it was time. I have weak back muscles and needed to start strengthening them, so today was the start. I'll go back to the chiropractor in 2 weeks and see how the muscles have changed.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 22:48

BF:

Back in the gym today. Forgot to lift weights, but did 33 minutes on the eliptical. Much more of a workout than the treadmill!!!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-05, 16:40

BF:

Did another 35 minutes on the eliptical. What a workout! I'm a lot more sweaty than when I started too. Makes me feel like I'm working out!

I drink about 32 fl. oz. of water during every workout. Maybe that's why I'm sweating more?

I look forward to my workouts every day now! It's now a habit!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Oct-19-05, 22:46

BF:

Did not make it to the gym tonight. I really miss it. I had to work late and I feel like I've been working ever since. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day. I will be going to the gym tomorrow (and I'll probally go Friday and Saturday too!) Instead of Saturday and Sunday being my off days this week, I will have today and Sunday be my off days. That won't be so bad at all - I'll be in town so a Saturday workout might be a nice start to my day!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-20-05, 21:14

BF:

Didn't make it to the gym today either. I think that Sunday is no longer a day off!