Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 14:34

Plan: not sure
Stats: 135/150/130 Female 5-5 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default New Here, Pregnant and Yeastie

I'm new here and have been trying to figure out this yeast thing for about half a year (looks like many have been "trying" for 10+ years!). I got a vaginal yeast infection in June - I'm linking it to Soymilk, which I started drinking along with my then-1 year old coming off breastmilk. For one mysterious night in August, my symptoms were gone and voila, we conceived a new baby... My yeast symptoms returned and haven't left me since.

I don't have many symptoms that I see so many posts about. Although I question if I've been dealing with fatigue for half my life... Really, except for the vaginal area, I feel okay. However, the burning and irritation in and around my vagina can be staggering and bring me to tears.

I've learned about candida, low-carb benefits, low-to-no fruits, etc. My alternative medicine doc. recommended Terazol cream prescription, along with a week regimine of Candex for both me and husband. In conjunction, I've taken probiotics, lactobacilius, garlic, anti-oxidants, B, C. I recently started adding organic coconut oil to my daily diet.

With all that said, I stand at a continual yeast infection. The good news is if I'm good about my food intake, I keep it in check, which means that as I sit here now and type this, I feel like a normal person; my only 'abnormality' is that my vagina burns with almost any contact - not so much urine - just from my husband (in any way...)

A couple of weekends ago, we were part of a celebration which included all kinds of freebies, foods, hotel-stay, etc. I lived it up - swam in a public pool with my kids, ate steak and lobster and double chocolate fudge for desert, even dared at just a 'little' intercourse. By the following Tuesday, I was on my knees in the shower, crying in pain - all vaginal pain.

I've limped my way back to feeling "normal" and hubby has said no more intercourse until maybe June, when baby is about 6 weeks old. My doctor has said I'll have to 'limp' through this until baby is born, then he intends that Nystatin will wipe it out, plus do an elimination diet to find out if there's a food problem in my body.

I'm posting to hear what you think. Is this "mild", because I don't have other symptoms (at least that I can put my finger on)? Do you think this'll be life-long? (in the past, I've had only a few yeast infections, although I think they've probably grown to be more in these later years than earlier). Any other ideas for relief now?

Also, will vaginal delivery pose problems for me and/or baby? I'm into "natural deliveries" - just home births with a midwife with no other meds/intervention.

I'm 36. Didn't have yeast issues with other two pregnancies. I'm currently 6 months along.

Thanks for letting me join!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-05, 13:37

Plan: none
Stats: 195.5/190./130 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress:

I feel bad for you girl , that does not sound nice at all . Did your Alternative Medicine doctor ask you to go on a yeast and sugar(all forms)diet ? I have been told that Chlorphyl and tea tree oil help , since you are pregnant I would not recomend douching with it , I would try the Chlorophyl as a wash first . Yes it sounds strange , ask your Alternative person . Remember when your yeasty adding in more or having a sweet (overload) we trigger a bad reaction . I have only twice had a yeast infection ever and once was while pregnant also , and I'm happy to say that not for years either . There are alot of herbal items that can help Cranberry and Bucha , Green Products (green zone , greens plus ) Caprilic Acid Chlorophyl water daily (green is clean they say). The Chlorophyl helps with the burning feeling and it is safe but can be messy when you douche with it . Yeast can effect your body in many ways and we are all different . I hope you are not taking those Candida products on the market , they have a tendancy to push it out too quickly and a wide variety of symptoms will follow , get muscle tested for it your body might not even want it or is not ready at the time . Hope it helps and feel better . Being pregnant is not easy on it's own .