Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 01:41

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 143/137/120
BF:too much!
Progress: 26%
Default I need some advice please ...

I've been on an anti-candida diet and supplements for 2 months, I was diagnosed with candida after a lot of doctors told me I had IBS, allergies, it was in my head, etc..

I went on the diet because a couple of months ago I collapsed and was taken to hospital. They said I had a urinary tract infection and prescribed antibiotics, I took the course then went straight on the diet and supplements. They also booked me in for a scan as a precaution.

I had the scan the other day and they found I have some sort of growth on my womb and ovaries. This has sent me into a huge spin, I don't know whether I am imagining the whole candida thing now, I'm stressing hugely about this as they don't know for certain what the problem is, but most likely to be endometriosis.

I would appreciate advice from anyone who might have had a similar experience. I have gone off my diet with the stress of this and am starting to get some of my old symptoms back. Can I even get well with the candida diet if there is a major problem elsewhere? am I wasting my time. please help.

Row
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 08:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%

Hi Row,

Your symptoms clearly suggest you have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome which is caused by severe insulin resistance from the excessive consumption of carbohydrates and a deficiency of protein and natural fats. The title of the syndrome is misleading because this is not simply a disease of the ovaries. A Candida yeast infection and intestinal diseases are also common.

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Association.

The low-carbohydrate diet is the only method of relieving the symptoms and returning to good health. There are no prescription drugs to cure your problem. Be discerning with the information from those with PCOS because many may be treating their problem incorrectly.

Do not get your ovaries removed. That is not a cure nor a solution.

I suggest you follow the low-carbohydrate diet plan on my web page below. This plan is ideal for PCOS even though the title mentions bowel diseases and Candida.

Bowel Diseases and Candida - News You Can Use.

My niece has PCOS and completely rejected my advice. She had her ovaries out and continues to eat a high-carbohydrate diet. Her symptoms are worse than ever now, and she has also been diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease (IBS). Diabetes is right around the corner, and she is extremely obese. Her excuse has been that she "doesn't like to eat meat or fat."

Please give us feedback on your experience in order to better help others.

Kent
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 13:07

Plan: my own (S.Beach-ish)
Stats: 272.5/264.5/150 Female 69in
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi Rowena!

Kent's reply was excellent, I'm keeping it to share with others who need a concise answer to similar problems.

So I can't add anything except to say I'm sorry things are getting tougher and not easier for you! I'll be praying for you.

Also, you wondered if treating your candida was a waste of time, since you may have other problems. Taking care of yourself is never a waste of time! Your journey may be a little longer, that's all. You know your candida program can't hurt you, it can only help. And maybe sticking with it will give you some routine and a sense of taking charge of your health, in this anxious time.

Prayers and hugs,
AmyRose
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 00:12

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

There is also a PCOS thread on this forum...
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 12:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 38%

WOW KENT - that was GREAT!
I was going to suggest maybe endometriosis as they are starting to see a correlation with it and candida. I don't know is PCOS is related in any way to endometriosis. I belong to several Endo groups because I had it in my early 20's and fortunately it went away or became dormant or some such other thing but it made sure to ruin my pregnancy chances before it left.