Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 21:02

Plan: moderate - BFing
Stats: 247.5/195/150 Female 66 inches
BF:preg/curr/goal
Progress: 54%
Angry Mmm...doughnuts.

<(Is there anything they can't do?)

Day 33, and I caved. I ate one. Argh!!!

I went to Tacos & Co to pick up food for the man and me, and there is a doughnut place in the same little strip mall. I bought a danish for him and an old fashioned glazed doughnut for me (which I promptly inhaled on the way home--didn't want him to chastise me for it). Why?? Because it was there. Because it sounded good. I just totally caved, after avoiding them--and even hardly thinking about them--for the past month. *sigh*

Oh well, back on the wagon I go...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-03, 12:33

Plan: Dr. Atkins New Diet Revol
Stats: 223/223/190 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hi

Don't feel too bad about your little cheat besides it was only one at least you didnt have a half dozen that could have been a lot worse dont you think?

Take care
H.B
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-03, 14:18
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Zandria. I had a donut day a few weeks back. Krispy Kremes. We don't have a Krispy Kreme around here, so I guess it was a special occasion.

You'll be back on track in no time.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-03, 15:17

Default Doughnut Day

Now there is a scary thought. I could get crazy with that. Did I mention that there is a KK outlet ON MY CAMPUS??? Twice a week, I am only a five minute walk away from indulging. Usually it is not even an issue for me, but some days, it's tempting.

And yes, one is better than half a dozen. Before moving here (where there is no nearby KK) I used to drive through and buy a dozen at once and eat them over the next 24-48 hours. Argh.

My usual habit is three or four at a time. So eating only one is an accomplishment.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 18:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/189/155 Male 5' 8"
BF:27
Progress: 41%

I know the first time I went on LC I went crazy with eating donuts a few times. Of course I also felt horrible afterwards. The weird thing was that I never really ate donuts when I wasn't LC'ing. I guess it was just one of those things where if you can't have it you want it more.

I've since learned alot more about LC and making LC alternatives anytime I get a craving for something "bad". I can't say I'm an angel about it, but haven't fallen off the wagon in a while by following this method.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 08:36

Plan: Own Plan w/ Atkins & WW Tips
Stats: 127/122/115 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 42%
Post No Doughnuts for Me-over 2 Mos

I just thought of something; I always talk about the negative things I ate - I need to give myself more credit so I will start here.

I LOVE glazed doughnuts and honeybuns!! I actually have not had not ONE bite of any doughnut, pastry, cake, or icing since Mid-February. I gradually started low-carbing in Feb. but didn't begin a strict Induction until 3/31. But...during induction I have had bars and shakes, and am now at the point where I'm ridding of those, so I guess I've eased into it. But it has also been since Mid. Feb. that I have had bread, pasta, rice, pizza, lasagna....I just don't miss it.

My cheats have been with more legal carbs like too many nuts....

I didn't realize I could actually go this long without having those yummy things. (w/out all those sweeties you'd think I'd have lost more by now, but I guess it goes to show how much those bars can really set you back) Wow!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-03, 12:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/189/155 Male 5' 8"
BF:27
Progress: 41%

I just went to the breakroom to get my bottle of water and there are 2 huge boxes of doughnuts sitting on the table. They looked really good, but I wasn't even tempted to grab one because I know how bad I'd feel. It's not worth the temporary goodness for that. It's only an hour to lunch, so I'll treat myself to 4x4 Protien Style at In-N-Out Burger (4 patties, 4 slices of cheese, wrapped in lettuce). Gotta love a WOE where you can have a legal meal like that.

I also tend to overdo it on LC treats like nuts and LC shakes sometimes. But I've stopped buying them so now I won't have them in the house to tempt me. The weightloss has really slowed for me too, but I think that's normal when you start getting closer to your goal weight. Only 10 more pounds to go...
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-03, 21:31

The urge comes and goes for me these days (and I have NOT been eating very LC). But generally the doughnuts just seem like too much of an atrocity. If I am going to go carb-wild, it will be with something like a smoothie from Jamba Juice or fish tacos/burritos (with the accompanying beans/chips) or lemonade, which I use to drink all the time. For some reason, most of the pastry stuff doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to.