Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-05, 14:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 389/312/250 Male 6'3"
BF:guess
Progress: 55%
Default 2nd Time Around

After gaining 32 pounds back of the 72 I lost, I started completely over again on February 1st. Since then, I have done a meat fast and induction and managed to get down to 337ish (losing 12-13). However, I have been kinda stuck for a while. I haven't counted calories and am almost afraid to because I know I pack it in. I am under 3000 calories/day but I also exercise a lot and burn anywhere from 500-1000/day. I would think that if I eat 2500/day and burn 500-1000, that would be enough of a caloric deficit.

If I stick to 2000/day and maintain my exercise, I will be at a net caloric effect of 1500. So, if maintaining my weight requires 3300 calories and I am netting 1500, I should be losing 3.5 pounds/week.

Granted, I might have a something non-induction friendly like peanuts or seeds on a salad, or even berries but my carb intake is always at or less than 20-25/day.

Has anyone gone through this sort of thing (the second time around)????

Rob
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-05, 15:04
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Can I suggest that you actually count your calories for a while? You say you think you are at about 2500 calories, but it's really easy to get to 2500 without "packing it in", especially if you are eating high fat foods. You might find it surprising how many calories you are really taking in.

You might find the answer to your question there.

Val
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-05, 17:19
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

So go a couple of months and see if you are not averaging about 2 pounds a week loss...that makes a whopping 102 pounds in a year and is safe (by most accounts) to do.
You would be under goal by then.
Might be better than super dieting to get more weight off faster. Never can tell...might even be easier to stay on your chosen program.
I have been off and on so many times I feel like a Disney ride. I am on a program I can do now....but it took over a year and a half to get here.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-05, 13:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 389/312/250 Male 6'3"
BF:guess
Progress: 55%
Default I Counted

I actually counted yesterday and it seems as though I ended up at 2350 for the day. I also burned 1000 calories at the gym last night and low and behold I am down to 336.7...I'll take it.

I won't be around tonight for the gym or home to snack/graze so hopefully a lite dinner will keep me close to the same number.

Rob