Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 06:28

Plan: Curves starting 13/4/04
Stats: 157/142/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Unhappy lethargic, listless & no energy - please help

I went on quite an arduous trek over hills over the weekend and it is now Thursday.... I am ever so tired still and totally lethargic, in fact I am sure someone has swapped my blood for lead!
I dehydrated on Saturday night once we hit the the base for I only took 2 litres of water with me (7.5hr ascending and descending various hills). For luncheon, I ate a chicken and mayo salad with capers and Lettuce, cherry toms, boiled egg and a chipolata sausage totalling 4 carbs. Before we started I had for brekkie, bacon, sausage, fried egg, and tin tomatoes (unsure of carb count here as it was at the base, but roughly 5 carbs) therefore a total of plus minus 9 carbs (I didn't want to take pies,and pasties or sandwiches) supper was cajun chicken and gallons of water
That was Saturday, on the Sunday it was a 4hr trek of much the same thing and ate much the same thing again but more water.
What is worrying me is that I am headachy, lifeless, forever wanting to sleep, my eyes are still heavy - in fact a total wash out - I don't ache though.
I am taking my supplements of Pharmaton (multi vit), epo, garlic oil capsule, vit b6, calc, mag, and potassium, vit C. What else can I do or take or what....? I am also this weekend doing a 24 hour famine with my scouts to raise money and awareness, but don't feel up to doing it - but of course I am committed and have to and will!
Any suggestions out there? Also I am unsure as to whether this is the right place to put my request upon
Please help
Fi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 13:41

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default Hi, Fi...

sounds like your carbs were too low to go hiking. I also have had the same problem when I try to do anything aerobic. I feel really washed out. Your body is trying to regroup and having a rough time of it, it seems. My advice would be to up your carbs a little for a couple of days and see if that helps.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 04:39

BF:

Hi Quietone
Thanks ever so much for replying I shall up them a bit do you think an extra 5 carbs to make it 25 Carbs for something strenuous?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 08:30

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

What I do is when I know I am going to do something like that, I up it the day before and the day of. And 25 is not enough for me. I have to up it to at least 50. If you are using the carbs (as you will for something strenuous) and go right back to the lower number, you should be able to get right back into ketosis. It may take some experimenting on your part, but you should be able to find your number.

Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 10:17

BF:

Thanks Quietone, I shall do this - and good luck to you too. x :