Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 06:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/200/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%
Unhappy Help!!!

I'm starting to get a bit discouraged. Three weeks today of faithful LCing and only seven pounds lost and very few inches...an inch off bust, waist and hips each. I'm drinking about eleven cups of water daily, my TOM is just over and I think I'm making all the right food choices. Haven't started exercising yet because I just wanted to go a month in Induction and get adjusted before I added it. Overall, I do feel better, sleep more deeply and my skin seems to be liking the changes.

Does anyone see anything that should change? Am I just expecting too much, too soon?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 06:21

BF:

P.S... According to the keto-sticks, I've been in ketosis since day four, allbeit often very light in color.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 06:30

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

I looked at your FitDay for 5/18, and I can only see two "possible" problems. The cheese and sour cream. In Induction, cheese is limited to 3-4 oz. daily and sour cream is limited to 1 oz. For sour cream, it looks like you had 2 oz., the cheese amount you had might be ok, each string cheese is about 1 oz. But cheese has been known to stall some people. You might want to try to cut it out or down to see. The sour cream should definitely be cut back for now. That's all I see. Happy LCing!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 06:33
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Hi Darlene,

I've checked your fitday log for last week, in my opinion you should not change anything - just keep going.
Your progress is perfectly normal and you are noticing those positive changes too. We all lose in different speed but we DO!

Exercise should make things going faster, even a walk every day is a great exercise. Just trust this plan and you will reach your goal. This is not always fast, but SURE weight loss plan.

All the best to you!

Alina
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 12:18

BF:

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! It's tough to wait, especially when I see the fast results some people acheive.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 12:28

Plan: TLC (Tracys Low-Carb)
Stats: 225/213/130
BF:
Progress: 13%
Unhappy I know what you mean!

When I started on induction I wanted to lose 10 lbs each week. That is what I was hoping for. Especially after seeing so many other people lose that amount. But instead I lost 10lbs during the 2 weeks. Which I had to convince myself is still really good. My clothes are loser. I am not hungry all the time. I can move my belt one more notch. And I feel more in control over food. Which is a huge benefit since I am an emotional eater. By this time on any other diet I have thrown in the towel. I couldn't stand the restrictions. On Atkins, I have little problem staying with the program and am willing to stick it out a little longer. I take it day by day. It will come off. Might be slow, but it will. I know that I can stick with this WOE which means I will lose all of the weight. Instead of losing 20 lbs on low-fat diets. Then giving up bacause it was too hard. Then gaining 25 back!