Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 18:28

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Yippee! My book is on the way!

I just checked my order with Amazon that I have had in since April for the new TSP2. It shipped today from Nevada, so it should be here Tuesday or Wednesday!

I can't wait.

;-Deb
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 07:59

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 178/158/145
BF:36%/23.5%/22.5%
Progress: 61%

Bet, like me, you'll be a speed reader when it arrives. I just checked Amazon and mine still says on order.

Susan
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 13:21

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 188/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I tried to order on Amazon, and it said it would not be available till December. So I ordered it form B&N who said it would ship within 24 hours.

Let us know what you think, Deb!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 13:50

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%
Default SPII

Surprise! I got mine from Amazon on Saturday. I'd almost forgotten about it since I ordered it back in April! Haven't had a chance to get into it yet though.....but so far, it is not what I expected. Still, I love her "principle" and expect it to be a great book.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 16:14

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default The plane! The plane!

Mine arrived last night! Yay! I've already started to read it and I passed the metabolism test. I couldn't answer yes to any of the questions!

Before I started TSP, I would have been able to answer yes to much more than one of those questions.

;-Deb
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 08:32

Stats: 178/158/145
BF:36%/23.5%/22.5%
Progress: 61%

Mine's here too! But I had it sent to the office so I can't read it until tonight. It's gonna be a long day!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 11:01

Stats: 222/199/120 Female 62.5
BF:?/30/20
Progress: 23%

I ordered mine from amazon the other day, and the next day I got notice that it shipped, so it will be here soon. I had a hard time finding it around here. All the bookstores I went to didn't even have it unpacked yet so I figured I might as well order it. I do have a bit of a drive to get to bookstores so it works for me.
Tanya
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 11:15

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

I'm slowly getting through my book---I'm on the Cortisol chapter now. I'm done with Atkins, having lost only a few pounds, and was planning to Somersize again, but I sure feel scared not to have those carbs with every meal and snack! On the other hand, I'll have to re-read the lists of real carbohydrates because I know that I can't have just a little potato or it will fuel my cravings for all carbs. Do any of you have that problem?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 12:33

Stats: 188/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Sara,

I have the problem with cravings, for sure. I didn't lose on Atkins, either, but I felt great & in control.

I should get my book today.

Lila
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 14:36

Stats: 154/142/130
BF:27%
Progress: 50%
Smile I finally ordered my book today!

All of this talk about the book made me curious, so I went ahead and ordered SPII today also. I had a few other books I was wanting, so I just added it to the pile.

As for the cravings, I have found that since going off of Atkins and adding more carbs to my diet that I am a bit hungrier more often and I am craving sugars again. However, I think the problem may be that I'm sorta stuck on only a few menu ideas and so am eating the same things over and over again. I hope to remedy that situation this week. I have been a bit naughty and have eaten a few more sugars than I really should. I can definitely see a difference in my energy levels, so I guess my "cheating" is at least teaching me a lesson! Sugars are bad and I need to moderate my intake of them a bit more.

Kris
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 15:24

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Talking Got mine today!

Yay! I got my new book today. Actually, it came Saturday, but I wasn't around to get it.

I haven't even cracked it open yet, can ya believe it? I'm gonna savor it, drive myself nuts, just passing by it, not so much as peeking, just to make it last a little longer......

Seriously, I hope to start it tonite. Hope. I just hadda stop in and report my happiness at getting it finally, after months of it being on order.

Enjoy everyone! Looking forward to discussing all the new stuff in the book! What's this metabolism test??? Oooo, I need to read that book...........